Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please. Auto-Attack Toggle On/Off

Originally posted by Salazar
    Well as an NT my form of fighting back is with nanos not fists !! So why should I attack with them.
    As a matter of fact, one of the biggest complaints I have as an NT is that when we get attacked - we automatically fight back with our weakest attack... our weapon attacks, agro-ing the mob in the process... At least when most other profs go link dead they have a chance to win a fight. I've dropped out and been killed by greens - because I autoattacked with my crappy pistols.

It would be like automatically making a soldier drop his gun and kick mobs till they died...

NT's would be almost useless in Def mode, we would never score enough hits to be of value. We already pretty much stink at weapons... go ahead cripple us a little more...

I don't think that auto-attack was originally meant to be a penalty - someone probably thought it was a good idea - and it might be - for some... but being able to turn it off really would be nice.
    Fryxx
    Lvl 70 NT

President
    Information Retrieval
    "We know what you're doing"

Originally posted by Crin
    Enjoy.
    <snip> quote from Gaute in the first week of February promising an autoattack toggle.
    Crin, thanks for that quote. I had completely forgotten about since it's almost 2 months later now. I guess I can look forward to autoattack-free battles around Christmas time.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Returning after a 6 month hiatus

You know what? in eq if a wiz picked up agro in a group is was because they SUCKED!!! they didnt know when to cast nukes so they racked agro on too early and wham ended up dead, the same thing is happening here people!

As a fixer duel wielding gammas i cant get a crit buff in a group cause when i do i pick up agro and get killed. I have to hold back burst till the end of the fight becauase if i do it at the start i get agro and die.

I have far more trouble trying to get agro off of me than some nt with absolutely no skill in ma. Hell, if your not skilled you shouldnt even be able to touch those monsters enough to generate extra agro!

point is you guys are nuking too early maybe you should start playing right then complain that you get agro too much.

Hmm tough one, let me see me and 3 mobs. Who else are they going to agro ?

Wink

Hmmmm, I don't know what i'm doing...?

Or maybe you just like to hear yourself talk, especially when you don't know what you're talking about... I'm not getting aggro on the first cast - I ALWAYS wait till the tank initiates -

It's almost always an additional mob of the same type or the fact that my nukes do more damage than the other party members conventional weapons that get me attacked.

Have you ever played and NT? You sound kinda like the Atrox Soldier type to me.

So, are you saying that you like auto attack? Or did you just want to run your mouth off?
    Fryxx
    Lvl 70 NT

President
    Information Retrieval

Good news, and some things we are working on:

*An option to turn on/off auto-attack.
    *An option to turn on/off auto-face (turning to face the target that attacks you)
    *An option to turn on/off auto-change target

The first one is obviously fantastic due to the thread's topic, but the other's aren't chopped liver at all either.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

wants auto toggle chopped liver on/off

/me smacks Intra around a bit with a large piece of chopped liver
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

now I see why you havent put one in...

/me sobs as he has no way to stop Cosmik abusing him with liver

bump

*bump*
    ACTUAL WARNING: Milfma*tr / Evilward*n / Soulhunt*r01 is a SCAMMER
    see e.g. this link
    blame FC! They do nothing against known Scammers - beside support em thru deleting petitions and threads about it and not implementing a functionality to check contents of backpacks while trading

CoDTrader

Talking

Originally posted by Cosmik

The first one is obviously fantastic due to the thread's topic, but the other's aren't chopped liver at all either.
    Thanks Cosmik, that's great news! Even better than we asked for!

Now, if we could just stop the food fights in here...
    Fryxx
    Lvl 70 NT

President
    Information Retrieval

*An option to turn on/off auto-face (turning to face the target that attacks you)

I'd like to see the ability to remove melee attacking when holding a ranged weapon as well. I lose every other shot at least on my SMG because i swing my pillow from a room and a half away for 1 point of damage twice to every shot from it.

is that a dual wieldable piece of chopped liver ? you had better not use it to much or it will be nerfed

Originally posted by Melbringi

point is you guys are nuking too early maybe you should start playing right then complain that you get agro too much.
    Erm, hate to point this out.. but... it doesn't matter how much damage I do, I *will* get aggro from the Enforcer that is hitting for 600 when the nano hits for 245.

Debuffs, DoTs, and DDs draw more hate to you simply because they are nanos, and outbalance any hate from melee or ranged weapons.
    Last edited by Deaddreamer; Apr 9th, 2002 at 18:37:35.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

bump

Bump.

Bump. Bump.

Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.Bump. Bump.

Oh yeah, Bump that auto attack toggle.

Oh, I tried the dual wield chopped liver, but didn't like it. Kept falling apart and unequiping. And you wouldn't believe the mess that bits of flying liver make. Dry cleaner kept looking at me really funny when I tried to explain.
    Instead, I will go back to dual wielding wet leets. Little suckers squirm alot (I like to use live ones cause they make the cutest little squeak when they hit) and I have to carry around a jug of water to resoak them occasinally, but you should see the look on the mobs face when I smack him with a wet leet. Priceless, plus I don't get any funny looks from the dry cleaners when I take my closes in.
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

Please don't forget this one, Cos.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

Talking

After 2 years of playing EQ, this was the most noticeable difference in teaming for me while playing AO. It's absolutely and totally annoying for my POV to change while trying to "Navigate" with the mouse or "roll dice" with the tab key for target selection. Yes... I'm talking about a mob getting a hit on me before I have the opportunity to target the mob I wanted.

I really can't help it that UPS hasn't delivered my Agility implants yet, but I don't think that I should pay this penalty since I'm slower than the game.

On the flip side of this (in contrast to EQ), it is nice to be able to target a separate mob from which you have already engaged battle with and cast a nano on. I would GLADLY give this up for the ability to focus ALL my attention on the mob that I have currently targeted, though.

I'm a newb, so go easy on me if you have a counterattack.

just my 2cp... err 2cred

Roadmeister
    Crafte L64 Fixer Rubi2

ok... AO, you got me interested.... Can you keep me?

Originally posted by Melbringi
    You know what? in eq if a wiz picked up agro in a group is was because they SUCKED!!! they didnt know when to cast nukes so they racked agro on too early and wham ended up dead, the same thing is happening here people!

As a fixer duel wielding gammas i cant get a crit buff in a group cause when i do i pick up agro and get killed. I have to hold back burst till the end of the fight becauase if i do it at the start i get agro and die.

I have far more trouble trying to get agro off of me than some nt with absolutely no skill in ma. Hell, if your not skilled you shouldnt even be able to touch those monsters enough to generate extra agro!

You my friend do not understand the issue.

Before you post again i recommend that you re-read everything and try to understand.

You are confusing mob aggro with player aggro.

Bump! Autoattack is a curse,give us a toggle
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12