Thread: The mezmerize lines

Post The mezmerize lines

There are several mezmerize lines in game. However, mez in AO does not work exactly like mez in EQ, so a lot of people think of it as worthless. In fact, it does work better than the EQ mez, with a trade-off.

When you mez a mob, it might get off 1 or two more attacks, but it will stop attacking if and only if you stop attacking it. As long as you do not attack the mob, it will not attack you.

Additionally, the mob will forget that you ever attacked it. Yes, that's right, a memory wipe. And it's memory will not be restored unless you attack it again.

Even more, I've seen normally aggressive mobs become completely unaggressive. For example, I could mez a rollerrat and when the mez wears off, the rat will just wander off and forget I'm even there.

The trade-off, while the mez is in effect, the mob will follow the last player it was attacking. This gives the illusion that the mob is still attacking. Panicky players will attack such mezzed mobs and break the mez spell.

How to use mez --

1. Focus your teams attacks on one mob by using assist. Any mavericks in the group will ruin the effect. Beware of Agents and MAs that think they will save the tank some damage by taking a mob.

2. Whoever is on crowd control should focus on getting the add on mobs mezzed.

3. If a mob aggros on the team doc, mez it and wipe the hate list. This will only work if the doc stops attacking.

4. Don't panic. The AO mez lines are designed to trick you into panicking. If you panic, you will end up breaking the mez.

5. Be patient. If you've got mobs mezzed, take time between mobs to heal and rebuff. The higher the level of the mez, the longer it lasts. And even when it wears off, the mob will probably just wander off

*AHEM*

Resist rates? Rather nutty? Rethink, please. We're no good if the mobs just walk through our mez and go right after us (since nobody has damaged the add yet).

I know I'M not going to mez a mob to have it resisted and get a new friend beating the tar out of me.
    You ask me if I have a gimp complex? I AM gimp!