Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apartments

Unhappy Apartments

I thought the idea of having you're own apartment with the ability to decorate it was cool. Only problem is I accidentally deleted my Apartment key, and there is no way of getting another key. Is there anything planned for a way to get a new key?

good question...someone answer this please

If you can't get into your appartment anymore you should petition. A GM will be able to fix it for you
    A Genuine Lucien - Accept No Substitutes

Comming up?

Since it's a "comming up" discussion board I had an Aperment related question that has been bugging me for a long time. When will we be able to get appartments in the city? I am tired of living in the junkyard, I want to live in a city. When is this comming up?
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"

Originally posted by Lucien
    If you can't get into your appartment anymore you should petition. A GM will be able to fix it for you
    how can you petition if you dn't hae a key,and what if someone wanted to move to another location?

Originally posted by DemonGeist
    how can you petition if you dn't hae a key,and what if someone wanted to move to another location?
    It's easy to petition w/o a key. You just type "/petition <problem>". easy. Somewhere in the datafiles it has which apartment spawn number is yours. I don't know why they even bother with keys. (it's not like you can even give it away)

As for moving...I dunno, but I bet a petition could take care of that problem (i.e. they wipe your apartment record)
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Bump... I guess

You can consider this a shameless bump (and I never done it before), but I still would like to get some answer to my question, hopefully from somebody "official." Thanks in advance!
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:

Why didn't you just get an apartment in Omni Trade? That is the city.

Originally posted by Vazz
    Because I as a newbie I didn't know any better. I just walked into the nearest apartment and started unloading all my stuff on the floor (one of the top 5 dumbest things I've done in the game).
    Now it looks like Last Ditch is growing into a real town, and I would really like to get an apartment there if it's posible.
    So what should I do? Log in before i go to work in the morning, call a GM and maybe I'll get an answer around the time I get back from work?
    I'd like to see an easier way.

/G13

Originally posted by Gene13

Because I as a newbie I didn't know any better. I just walked into the nearest apartment and started unloading all my stuff on the floor (one of the top 5 dumbest things I've done in the game).
    Now it looks like Last Ditch is growing into a real town, and I would really like to get an apartment there if it's posible.
    So what should I do? Log in before i go to work in the morning, call a GM and maybe I'll get an answer around the time I get back from work?
    I'd like to see an easier way.

/G13
    I had a problem with one of my characters being unable to even get into the backyard where my apartment was located. I sent an e-mail to the support address for Funcom asking that they reset the apartment option for my character so I could chose an apartment in a different backyard. They did so. So I would try an e-mail.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Apartment Relevance

Maybe I am a hopeless roleplayer, and maybe I am just a noob, but I would like to see apartments have more in-game relevance than just a roleplaying gimmick. Some improvements to apartments I would envision in the future:

1. The ability to pay for a larger or different apartment, or obtain an organizational room/building.
    2. More variety in furniture options - I am still trying to find a bed of any sort.
    3. Apartments being more tied to game mechanics, like an instant heal up point, or a permanent spawn point, or something like that to make them relavent to more than just hopeless roleplayers like myself.

This is not a ***** thread, just things I remember from an old MUD I played that had the Rubi-Ka feel. Does anybody else have any suggested apartment improvements?

Friday
    Soldier of Omni-Pol
    RK1

well

my big thing is that they need to implement departments first, then implement organization housing along with apartments.

that will probably come AFTER they merge RK2 and RK1 back together again to free up the server space.

hehe

Originally posted by Vazz
    Well, because I am a Neutral and therefore I want an appatment in a neutral city. If I would want to live among Omni-Tek I might as well be an Omi-Tek employee, which is an option that I haven't considered for even a second and am not going to consider any soon. But thanks for the suggestion.

My problem is not moving. I could e-mail FC and/or send a petition to allow me choose a new appartment. The problem is that right now you can't get an appartment in a city, not in Borealis at least. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:

Can you get appartments in Last Ditch? Or were you just wishing?

It would be really neat if guilds could chose sites for their guildhalls if they pay a fee for it, or if they have a certain number of members. Having a hidden guildhall fall in the middle of a forest would be quite cool. Some limits on this though.

And why isn't there a general teleport-to-apartment nano? I mean, if you limit it, and put a timer on it, it wouldn't be too overpowered, would it?
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Thanks Laeni, I'll try that.

Great sugestions Xander. I would also like the apartments to have some kind of "usefulness".

Thug, what's up with this merger thing? Just another joke I didn't get or what?

Sorry WGMelchior, just wishful thinking. But with the wompa-plans and all I don't think apartments is too far away.

/G13

Teleport-to-apartment

A general teleport-to-apartment nano is an really good idea. It would give apartments a good point and save us some time getting home. Could be a life saver after doing a few missions. As long as it has a huge casting time and can't be used in a fight.

Give that man five points! I think that is the best idea I've seen on these boards. *Thumbs up* (I hate no img code )

That was kind of the point. The wompa system as it is now is ruining a lot of things. There is no central node or city, since all of them are just some steps away.

How often does people use grids? Not as often as they are supposed to.

How often does someone get an appartment as a place to gather and plan? Very seldom, since you usually just sit down in the first place you can find that isn't all to crowded.

What use are appartments, actually? None at all, at the moment. There is no use of them whatsoever.

Why not create a teleport nano, and limit it to the cities? I mean, I don't want to run to a newbie zone hidden in an anonymous part of West Athens. If I could actually access my appartment from any city I want, then at least I would claim one.

Either that nano, or the option to buy an appartment that has an exit directly into a city. There are a lot of unused doors. Why can't I get an appartment there? Even if I would have to pay for it, I would get one.

With the current system, which means that you are better of moving all the time, why would people want an empty box to sit in?
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Talking This is what I did...

My MA character either didn't come with Lesser Controlled Rage or I deleted or sold the Nano. I also lost my apartment key (a server crash) in Backyard 11, which is right near the park in Omni-E.

I rolled a new MA, and I had a friend meet me at the backyard. He gave me my 1000 credits ( so I can leave), so I left there and went to Backyard 11. He followed.

I created a new key by entering an Apartment.

I handed him the key (I was able to give it), the 1000 credits back, and the Nano I was missing. I deleted the reroll.

I logged in with my main (heh) and he gave me the key and the nano. I was able to enter the apartment. It's magic!

Of course, I wouldn't have any stuff, and I didn't put anything in there,but still, I had my apartment access back, I had my missing nano (can't buy it).

The only reason I did this (back in July) is because after 2 weeks of petitions and it not getting fixed (even had an Ark member appear in front of me and talk to me about it) I gave up and did this trick.

I'm not sure if it will work now, but this was done at a time when you couldn't buy an Omni tek neck board in the Backyard or even a lockpick, when level 2 missions had the first door locked. Doh!

i tried that, the gie key to friendhing, but it doesnt work because it's a no drop item. im not so interested in getting my appartmnt back as i am being able to get another one where ever in which ever city. maybe they could implement the departments at the same time they improve our apartment choices and availability. that would solve both problems right away, unles there's some underlying problem in this that i dont see

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    Why not create a teleport nano, and limit it to the cities
    Ever hear of the Nanotech line called Warp Time & Space? Here's what it does. It *gasp* teleports you to a city! (Designated by the spell)
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast