Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 PvP changes (updated Tuesday 19th)

I don't like it, but

how about an official poll on this topic. Could clarify some of the often used 'it is like this ...' or 'it is like that ...' statements. I would be very interested in the outcome of this poll!

-> Ultra1: I was mission camped several times in Stret West Bank, Central River Bank. You know the mission are with the two small camps. It is ideal for Griefers, because you can stand on roof tops - see, I knew, you are familiar with the area.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Oops, just thought of a problem with my experience bonus idea. If you can get more experience per mob then the only thing that will happen is that you'll attract higher level players.

To get around that issue, make the bonus linked to the player's level. If you are to high above the mob, you will get no bonus at all.

Re: Discuss: 13.8 PvP changes

Originally posted by Cz
    • The reward for PvP has been changed. You will now be able to loot all items your opponent has gained since last saving, and you will receive a trophy if the person loses more then 10% of the experience needed to gain a level.
    Ok reposting everything

Great, FC supports griefing more and more with each patch, level 80 player gets mission in 25% zone for an important item, kills all stuff inside for 3 hours, gets a bunch of cool items, exp and the good item, steps out of mission, looses all to a level 180 guy, who is bored, tabs and kills him in 10 seconds and deletes the items, that are useless to him. Funcom puts the fun back into Funcom...err no, wait the opposite.

Oh I get it ! I get it ! Maybe high level content means, more opportunities for high levels to gank low levels ? Weeeee...
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

If you dont want to loose any stuff you have found just put it in a bag, and if you are team hunting for XP in 25% area like mort you dont have to run to far if you want to save.

I like how PvP is in AO, there should be a risk and I like the new changes.
    Lona
    Techno-Mage

I've been testing this on test and I can report that you don't lose NODROPs but you do lose things like items that you recovered that you need to complete your mission. So no more 'find item and return' missions unless you know you won't be travelling through PvP (i.e. none at all at high levels).

But I can also report there are a lot of bugs in the process so I'm really hoping that it doesn't go live, even if Funcom is stupid enough to keep catering to griefers.

If it does go live with the current problems then get ready for another rollback.

Scorus

Okay, I'm sure I'm just blind, but what was the Tuesday 19th update to the PvP changes? And thanks for pointing out that there was a change, that is very much appreciated!

Scorus

Originally posted by Scorus
    Okay, I'm sure I'm just blind, but what was the Tuesday 19th update to the PvP changes? And thanks for pointing out that there was a change, that is very much appreciated!

Scorus
    "PvP Title will now update without the need for zoning, so you will see your new PvP title instantly."

I've been testing this on test and I can report that you don't lose NODROPs but you do lose things like items that you recovered that you need to complete your mission. So no more 'find item and return' missions unless you know you won't be travelling through PvP (i.e. none at all at high levels).

But I can also report there are a lot of bugs in the process so I'm really hoping that it doesn't go live, even if Funcom is stupid enough to keep catering to griefers.

If it does go live with the current problems then get ready for another rollback.

Scorus
    Why do you post lies and mis-truths like this? At level 150 you can still get missions almost anywhere, except inside your own side's cities. You are in no way forced to take return mission item missions in 25% gas, and you COULD STILL choose to do those missions in 25% gas tho you say people will NOT BE ABLE to do them anymore. Lies.

Originally posted by ULTRA1

Why do you post lies and mis-truths like this? At level 150 you can still get missions almost anywhere, except inside your own side's cities. You are in no way forced to take return mission item missions in 25% gas, and you COULD STILL choose to do those missions in 25% gas tho you say people will NOT BE ABLE to do them anymore. Lies.
    You know, that was my first thought on reading that too...
    Don't all the lvl100+ players out there just sit around all day in the 100% city of home? (/sarcasm you know, since they have "no where" else to go, and nothing else to do.../sarcasm)

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Re: I don't like it, but

Originally posted by Maximilian
    how about an official poll on this topic. Could clarify some of the often used 'it is like this ...' or 'it is like that ...' statements. I would be very interested in the outcome of this poll!

-> Ultra1: I was mission camped several times in Stret West Bank, Central River Bank. You know the mission are with the two small camps. It is ideal for Griefers, because you can stand on roof tops - see, I knew, you are familiar with the area.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    What the 2 mutant camps by the bridge? I re-rolled a new character and I've been taking tons of missions there for some excitment, so I am kind of fimilar with the area. Was terriably bored with newland and clon**** so yes at the UBER LEVEL of 50 I started doing tons of missions in 25% gas. Or are you talking about the mining camp?

Guess what? I don't care if i get looted. I save before I go in, and there is nothing, no item, i can generate in a mission terminal that I can't generate again.

I WANT PLAYERS TO CHALLENGE ME, I WANT THEM TO TRY AND CAMP ME.

I guess you haven't noticed Max, but MOBs aren't really much of a challenge, even if you camp hunt big red ones. The fact is their AI is so amazingly predictiable, and they are so easy to control and manage, there is NO CHALLENGE at ALL in leveling or killing MOBs, the only challenge you get in this game is V. other players.

Perhapse, you aren't looking for a challenge and that is where we differ, you are looking for a nice varient on knitting. Personally, I put myself in situations where I can be attacked or attack, with yes, OMG, precious UNSAVED EXPERIENCE. I guess I'm the type of guy who goes sky diving and you are the type of guy that likes watching football on tv.

Looting made easy

Scratch the "all items since last save" idea, as enough people pointed out already there's no risk for the attacker, and that WILL cause much grief among players.

Why not make looting plain and simple?

10-30% chance to loot a WORN item (not NODROPs).

(...actually I think that whenever you die there should be a 10% chance to lose one of the items you're currently wearing.)

an old one

Yes, this has been asked alot in the past and is a very good idea:

Let's vote on these changes. Make a window pop up once for every player logging in, asking what they think about the envisioned PvP changes! Good or bad? Thta'sll give FC feedback.

Val (doesnt want to pay for d00dz having fun griefing)
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

Funny bits

Perhapse, you aren't looking for a challenge and that is where we differ, you are looking for a nice varient on knitting. Personally, I put myself in situations where I can be attacked or attack, with yes, OMG, precious UNSAVED EXPERIENCE. I guess I'm the type of guy who goes sky diving and you are the type of guy that likes watching football on tv.

Pfffhahahaha, badass computer gamers cheer me up everytime!

WTG Ultra! You rule! And your Quake T-shirt too!

Val (open your eyes Funcom)
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

Cool Answers

-> Ultra1:
    Talking about predictable: guess what, I knew you would jump on my side note ...

Rational part:
    I gave you a location. Once again, a bit more detailed: Stret West Bank, Central River Bank, border to Trog Valley, two little (mining) camps. If you want challenge, hang out there, quite frequently you will meet mission campers.
    MOBs are dump, agree. But try to role play for a while. Use a character that is not easy to play. Are you playing Fixers, MAs or Adv - ah, I forgot, you can play all professions and be superior - sorry. Well some of us don't have the time to spend their life within AO and their part of the game must not be smaller than your part!
    The rules should protect the ones that won't or can't play to the extremes and not favor the ones that can squeeze the last drops out of the game because they can test or play as long and intense as they want. - My point of view.

Personal part:
    You are playing 'Online Games'. This is disqualyfing you (and me) as the challenge seeker type of guys. The outdoor freaks I know (Freestyle climber, Mountain biker, sports men) are not playing online games, because that is virtual reality (sissy in their words), they don't even talk about doing this and that, they - just - do it.
    I for my part am a family father with wife, kid, family, friends and job - guess how much challenge I do need in virtual life.
    Yes, I like to watch soccer on TV - international games, not even watching national league. If I can afford the time, I prefer playing soccer over watching it. I like challenge, fair challenge. I am the type of defender you won't pass.
    Never forget: 'In the Internet nobody knows, that you are a dog'.

And, besides that, if your actual char is around level 50 you shouldn't have problems with a level 67 Pistol Adv - tell me ingame, I would like to test some PvP with the appropriate opponent. And to not scare you, you would have the first shot - I am neutral.

Looking forward to meet you.

So long,

Max(imilian)

P.S. Thanks Val
    100% curious

yay now we can loot and grief!
    Fighting Facism with Terror

Bulitt RK1
    Clan Agent

Didn't mean to say that you would be forced to take return missions. In fact, I didn't say that you would, but I know that it easier to argue against than any of the valid points that are being made. What I did say is that if this goes into effect then it wouldn't be in your best interests to take 'return item' missions because that item could be looted from you before you get back to the machine. That is from my experiences on test. If I accidentally implied otherwise then my mistake.

And it has been my experience that as you get toward and over level 100 it is difficult to find clan missions in areas that aren't PvP (Mort, PW, Strets, Arterys). Others that are higher level than me have told me that those areas are pretty much their exclusive mission areas. So that wasn't a lie, just my experience. I am happy that yours has been different.

I'm glad to hear that you take unsaved experience with you when you go griefing. You are, however, in the minority in that. Most griefers save very near their grief site and have nothing to lose. Notice how I don't just call you a liar because you disagree with me. That is a rhetorical technique that is more suited to reruns of the Jerry Springer Show than this forum.

Scorus

I am not a fan of PvP and avoid it like the plague. After getting grid camped in 2HO I'm completely against PvP. The farther it is away from me, the better. Making prime EXP zones 25% is definately crack addict behaviour. Honestly, which person at Funcom thought that was a good idea? Is the Chernobyl nuclear gas cloud still lingering over Norway?

I'll keep playin this game until I get bored. Since I hate PvP, if you keep forcing it down my throat I'll do something else. I don't play a PvP profession (root my pet and I am dead) and therefore probably won't find it enjoyable. Losing items and experience to some 13 year old punk who has too much angst will definately sour my enjoyment of AO. May just ruin it altogether.

Dumb Idea

This new PVP reward system is misguided at best.

Anyone who is intentionaly PVPing saves before they go into PVP zones. They already do this, no one wants to lose XP. The only people that are going to give up rewards are those that are in the PVP area for some other reason and are doing missions and the like, trying to get back home.

So the reward is for killing people that don't want to participate and have something to lose. Which means people will be running around trying to hunt down those who least want to fight. (Not fun at all for the huntee)

What will happen is that all the people that could possibly yeild a reward to the PVPers will simply not go into PVP areas. That will be boring for everyone.

I suggest you simply reward tokens for killing X number of enemies. It would solve the problem of tokens being so hard to get a later levels and would make a lot of sense in game, and it wouldn't target any single group.

Think Funcom! When you make a change list the possible outcoms of the change and then think, What would i do if I were playing and this happened.

Didn't mean to say that you would be forced to take return missions. In fact, I didn't say that you would, but I know that it easier to argue against than any of the valid points that are being made. What I did say is that if this goes into effect then it wouldn't be in your best interests to take 'return item' missions because that item could be looted from you before you get back to the machine. That is from my experiences on test. If I accidentally implied otherwise then my mistake.

And it has been my experience that as you get toward and over level 100 it is difficult to find clan missions in areas that aren't PvP (Mort, PW, Strets, Arterys). Others that are higher level than me have told me that those areas are pretty much their exclusive mission areas. So that wasn't a lie, just my experience. I am happy that yours has been different.

Scorus
    Not true, at 130 I can find missions all day and all night in PM, milkey way, avalon, EFP, Longest road, almost any 75% gas zone. Maybe you haven't done missions in a long time or something, but a few patches ago they made all the terminals give missions much closer to the terminal.

I'm glad to hear that you take unsaved experience with you when you go griefing. You are, however, in the minority in that. Most griefers save very near their grief site and have nothing to lose. Notice how I don't just call you a liar because you disagree with me. That is a rhetorical technique that is more suited to reruns of the Jerry Springer Show than this forum.

Scorus
    If you call choosing to do missions in 25% gas griefing, you are using a rhetorical tool yourself. I look for my exp frequently in risky areas because it's exciting. I know, I know, standing on a hill with 50 guys camping 6 mobs is exciting to you, you have a right to be exicted by that.

Still, why don't you or any of you anti-pvp players, the ones that assume if you have ever pvped in this game you are for some reason not a role player, choose a side like clan or omni if you don't want to participate in the conflict that IS the STORY.

About not rooting Yamahas..

#3 very exploitable, everyone would enter 25% gas zones in planes, imune to attack and out of range, sit around untill people they could gank showed up then unequip the plane and gank, not very nice giving people who have a very ex*****ve item special immunity from combat.....

The idea about someone entering pvp with unsaved exp and getting a reward is nice too.
    Not being able to root a Yamaha doesn't make you immune. No one said you shouldn't be able to shot/hit someone IN a Yamaha just not root em. I don't see how that is "exploitable". Watching someone fly up to you and jump out of their yamaha and root you at 150 Meters in the air is kind of silly as well.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast