Thread: The #1 issue for high lvls. tired of Home?

Exclamation The #1 issue for high lvls. tired of Home?

I just lost 4 of my 6 team mates to link death in Broken Shores. The cause is simple: No other hunting grounds for high lvl folks. Sure, there are other lands, namely the Valley region, the Eastern foul Plains and the Southern foul hills. But, they dont have scanners for both sides. Soooo no one goes there except for solo missions.

Everyone and their butt ugly monkey now reside in Home...clan and omni living and working side by side, despite what the storyline says. Most guilds and factions dont allow fraternization, but they really have no choice. Who wants to form a team, grid to stret east bank, fly (if you can) to a far off jungle, buff then hunt only to get killed and have to do it all over again. Its hard enough at high level, why should their be a huge real time penalty as well?

Seriously, why arent there small 75% zones with scanners in all of the eastern and south eastern lands? I think this issue is the greatest that faces high lvl people and why they either quit or restart chars. Simply nothing else to do but missions...

In addition:

I spent eight hours last weekend exploring the entire valley, the Eastern foul plains, and Southern foul hills over a two day period. I saw plenty of killable critters. I saw tons of cool things.
    But you know what I didnt see? A single team. Thats right, not one. I came across two individuals. Both were doing solo missions. I saw some bases with reclaim points, but no scanners...though there is an omni base that might have one...being clan this doesnt help me. I think only guild hunting is really possible in these regions(ie communication lines that stay after link death and friends patient enough for a 20 minute trip after getting killed) and still it would be a pain.

The six playfields that are supposed to be the high lvl wonderland are completely devoid of players. Go there, see what I mean. Then go to Home in Broken Shores. Take in the lag. See the omni/clan team ups. Do nothing but missions. I think you will understand then.

solution for home

make home a 25% zone.

LOL

seriously tho, we do need more hunting grounds for lvls 120+, and please make it so we get 100k-200k xp per kill so it doesnt take 12 years to lvl.. ive been getting 50k per kill since lvl100 and it sorta gets lame after lvl120. medusas used to be cool cause they (at one point) gave 70k-ish, but now they only give about 50k and are much harder to kill and keep people alive than in high lvl missions. we need more areas like mort/medusas, but for higher lvl folks. make a new monster type or something for us to kill.

Re: solution for home

Originally posted by Makyla
    make home a 25% zone.
    Seriously, thats what we need
    NT phone HOME!!

LOL home 25% that might be cool =]

I could see the grid being pretty camped, but what the heck, it would cut back on the lag alot to make it 25% gas. Not like people couldn't save in tir, clon****, entertainment or athen west.

Hehe get a lot less "LEVEL 80 META LFG!"

No scanner ?

Even if i do agree with home current situtation theres a scanner in efp in the main omni op (he one with the wolf spawn thats plain boring) , and one in sfp thats omni also; also i know some ( a few) ppl that go hunt in efp mainly are engies with a slayer tho, i have to admit that i never saw a team there, and also that noones even omni (never checked for clan scanners) wants to go there dunno why.
    Infamine 200 soljah

I don't totally agree..

If they gave a few more classes the Engineer's warp becon hunting in places like DAV, EFP, etc would become viable I think. People are just lazy and don't want to fly out there initually to go hunt. But if they gave say: NT, Fixers, Doctors, Adven all grid becon type programs then you could grid in a dead companion without having to fly all the way there again. They would need to give it to enough professions though so its likely a group would have at least two people with the nano ability. That way if one got wiped out then you could still march on.

25% in City of Home? That would be great, Omni could do raids there and kill Clan teams wich just finnihsed missions.

I have maybe been there once in two weeks so I dont care, there are much better zones to XP in after lvl 120.
    Lona
    Techno-Mage

It's not just laziness. There is nothing to do. Exp doesn't scale so indoor hunting vs vets is the best exp/risk ration in the game by far. Make difficult hunting zones outside that people 125+ can do and then this problem will go away. I would love to hunt the borgs in PW, but they give 50k a kill, have 5-10 times the hps as a vet and have none of the scanner and indoor advantages as home.

Add high level content!

Munchausen RK-2 145 Engie

The problem isnt just xp related. I admit that is a big part of it, but when polling teammates, it comes down to real life time. They simply dont have the time to go to a far off place only to get killed and be back in athen, avalon, etc. Home is just plain convinient. I would add scanners to those areas and a ammo dealer. And no there are no clan scanners. There is even a clan base with guards, reclaim, etc. but no scanners...I dont see the point of the reclaims if noone can be bound to there.

As far as Home being 25%, I fear people would just quit. Many are upset about Mort, thus the influx of 80ish folks to Home. If Home became open season, then many would just throw up there hands. Im all for PVP, but the current way is people at 130+ to camp a 80-100 hunting zone. Not exactly fun for the younger people.

Sure make Home 25%, but don't come back here and whine when the lag gets 100% worse (I am not sure it can get worse) due to battlespam.

Well, Im not even doing xp there anymore. Too small missions, too much LD and too many lowbies begging for buffs.
    ~Lone

The lag in Broken shores city of home would not get worse if it were made 25%.

What would happen is, everyone would leave. Nobody who is trying to level up wants to deal with players 50 levels higher than them attacking them, so people would abandon the area, just as Mort has now been abandoned.

Home

There is a simple solution to this complex home problem. Home is a clan city with a neutral scanner in the middle of it. Make the scanner clan and let the omni guys hang out at their base that isn't that far away. This instantly cuts down on the lag in the center of home.

Just to head of any debate, if it's not a clan city then why do all the mobs spam omni players and con as clan NPC's?

Make the Cell Scanner Clan like the guards and the lag should subside.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Great Idea...........NOT

Home 25%? sure one less place for high levels to go even though the lag there is horrendous. I think it should be clan territory tho .and sure I would love to go to eastern and southern foul to hunt but I dont have a plane on the char Im playing now that I want to level higher...I have a plane on my nerfed MA .................so getting there would be next to impossible..If only FC would allow us to transfer planes to our other chars...Even if we have to use a GM or something to do so. I think if you spend 5 mil on a plane it should be able to be passed around to your other chars.
    SO exploring these areas is nerfed for me and a group I play with . Homes too laggy,The plains we cant get to...Mort is 25% so its a no go for there now......What are we suppose to do? Please FC enlighten us as to how level 80+ people are suppose to level??????