Thread: Losing Items When You Die...

Losing Items When You Die...

Ok... so if someone does a mission in a *PvP zone* and exits it with the items, they have a chance of being killed by another player, and losing the items (they just got) if the are still in the PvP zone.

Now im not sure why Funcom is adding this. It's not really bad (I'll explain below) but, what's the purpose? I can understand better places to go for exp or whatever becoming PvP zones... that makes sense (risk versus reward). Not sure about this whole "loot" thing though.

Now we may not understand the reason behind this but... the question is, what can a person do in-game to prevent this? Answer ---> /Terminate inside the mission after it's complete, if you got that REALLY NICE item. It's really simple and easy to do.

Heck if anything, you don't have to do missions in zones with greater risks, but don't expect these zones not to exist if you are not willing to go there yourself. That's just a plain greedy anti-pvp like attitude. The zones with greater risk from PvP should exist, but this whole loot thing may need to be explained.
    Last edited by Mor; Feb 16th, 2002 at 22:10:54.

it used to be like this. it was chaged by a recent patch.

a way for ppl to keep items they did not want to lose to pvp death that were not scanned was to put them in a backpack that was actually placed on your back. the items on your person generally stay with you on death; backpacks are such items.

if the backpack is with you at the rez booth, then whoever killed you can't loot it's contents.

this gives ppl a reason to venture away from the safe places. also makes it more interesting when u come out of a mission and need to cross pvp areas.

Originally posted by Thyrra
    it used to be like this. it was chaged by a recent patch.
    Yes I know. I remember my first day PvPing like a week after the game came out. I killed some guy leaving a mission and got alot of stuff. At the time, I didn't expect to get anything.

Originally posted by Thyrra

a way for ppl to keep items they did not want to lose to pvp death that were not scanned was to put them in a backpack that was actually placed on your back. the items on your person generally stay with you on death; backpacks are such items.
    Didn't know about that. What's everyone complaining about between that and /terminate then? I don't have a problem with the idea of "looting" was just wondering what the purpose was for. Guess it don't matter now, if it's that easy not to lose anything lol.

Someone will always cry over changes though. I even hear MAs crying still regardless of the powerful patch coming soon for them. I was expecting one of 2 things... they jump with joy, or they wait and see how it turns out. I was not expecting to hear so much crying before the patch. Is there a happy prof?

Being a fixer that doesn't really affect me unless someone can kill me in less than six seconds, if I don't grid straight out of the mission. But for other classes that don't have that luxury I don't really feel that /terminate is going to be a preferred option. Sometimes when I've just completed a mission I've earned a couple hundred thousand experience points but still haven't leveled. If I was to get killed by some mission camping greifer 50 yards after leaving the entrance I would be slightly peeved. After finishing/leaving you have no option of running back inside. What if I have a couple hundred thousand exp points just gained and just zoned out from escaping battle with a MOB and only have 200hps? Should I take the armor off my back (coat or tank), replace it with a backpack, then fill it with items all while frantically trying to find the exit with 3 monsters about to kill me? Do you really think someone who is mission camping is going to let me heal before he attacks? I've yet to see any roleplaying in single person PvP and in my opinion this is a bad thing.
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

First you don't have to take missions in political zones. You never had to and you prolly never will. If you don't believe me go to BS, Home and take a look around at the players there.

Second, I can't see anyone camping mission exits to get your mission loot. I mean I for one wouldn't. Someone has to know you are in there, therefore they saw you go in. Are they going to wait outside for you for one or two hours just to get your mission loot, without knowing if you were killed inside, teleported out, terminated out or loged out inside? I doubt it. Most people play for fun. It's not fun sitting around waiting for someone to kill for 1 or 2 hours. It's more fun to get your own missions kill some mobs and get your own stuff. If you get killed coming out of a mission it's going to be due to chance, someone comes by when you come out. If you haven't noticed, and god knows how many missions I've done in PW, SAV, DAV, CAV and Belial before the mission range nurf, I've had all of 3 fights none of which has ever ended in anyone dying.

As to camp hunting, well, camp hunting is the lamest anti Role playing thing ever in a game. It makes no sense at all why people do it from a role playing point of view. Why do you go camp the borgs? Are they a threat to someone? Can you drive them out of Mort? If they are a threat why don't the sentinals attack them? Same with aces in EFP, they are peaceful neutrals and non-agressive, trying to live in peace while omni camps them for no reason other than exp. When I go there to PVP I tell them my uncle is a resident here, and he has gone through rez effects so many times that he's like Ronny Regan now. I tell them I'm defending these peaceful neutrals from their agression, and I give them a chance to leave in peace or die at our hands. There is some role playing for you.

Camp hunting is like a lot of silly hill billies, heey Baaabb I hearr der be som funnie dog soundin boriges up in dem dar hills! YEEHAWW load up the shotguns and lets kill us some borgs!

Honestly, its so pathetically parasitical, unrealistic, out of character, unmotivated, it just cannot be justified. Now if camp hunting makes up the majority of your LOOTIN BOOTY and you lose your fine ql120 metaplast armor boots, or bright teaching nano clusters, or ql150 monstar partz I feel so bad for you =[ All that uber loot going down the drain.