Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GA4 Snatcher

GA4 Snatcher

Well, i thought like writing this little story here. I know i might sound like the biggest whiner, then sure let me be a whiner, but ill whine.

Now, i have blurred out the names (not really)

So the team is a fixer (tyrano), nt, soldier (me), soldier(tictocboom), adv(jar)

We are doing a 200+ mission in BS. So one of the soldiers loot GA4, during alpha.

Well, thats ok. So I propose we give it to the fixer, but no, then we do a roll, but no. He wants it. Well, my opinion is that the fixer gets it, and if there no fixer in team, we roll for it.

Now, i agree with the fixer we leave team in protest over this. Which i do, then the fixer sais "i dont know.. maybe" sigh... First you try getting the fellow GA4 then he does that.. sigh, this is one of the times where you ask if all in AO is ret@rded.

Well, fixers. Some of you might think that its ok that he got it during alpha, i just think that the team fixer should have it, not a soldier.
    Snowbunnie - 217 soldier
    Ravergrey - 210 nt

WTS Remains Of Snowbunnie

Give it up. Many people have fought long and hard to get that to be the standard. A profession specific item should go to the player in your team of that profession. At the very least, it should be rolled for, just like the loot on a boss would be if more than one person is interested.

The fact is, when people see GA, they see nothing but dollar signs. No amount of conversation or reasoning by the rest of team, the looters guild members or anyone else is going to get that person to turn over an item worth 800 millions credits.

Sucks, but that's the reality of it. I gave up long ago believing that I would get lucky this way. Loot it yourself, buy it, but don't expect it to be given to you unless possibly somone in your guild finds it. Thats where the real good things come from. Find yourself a good guild, make good friends, and good things will happen. Unfortunately, good stuff is not going to just drop in your lap.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

With an item so insanely priced as GA4, noone should expect a team of more or less strangers to behave normally when it drops. Doing alpha loot more or less implies that the person getting the loot can decide what to do with it.

If I, as a fixer, were in a team where GA4 dropped to someone else, I would be in absolute surprise and awe if that person gave it to me. The fact that I actually got mine from a friend who found it on a mission I wasn't even participating in just shows that being with friends probably will bring you so much more than teaming with strangers.

I agree, sorta...But if there was no fixer in the team (I know this wasn't the case) and you had it on alpha loot then I wouldn't agree to a roll. If it was loot all then sure, roll is fine.
    Yagyu for life

I wasnt the fixer, i dindt loose anything. I'm just whining over a guy i dindt know dindt get the GA4, but a mrn soldier did. Greed
    Snowbunnie - 217 soldier
    Ravergrey - 210 nt

WTS Remains Of Snowbunnie

I guess i am a exeption to the greedy people than, i am a fixer (lev 84 at the time) and found ga4 in a team mission, I would have loved to keep the ga4 for later use but it was boss loot on my alpha so i sold it and split the creds with all on the team. call me soft, i guess i should have just ninjaed it since no one seems to expect any less. it is a sad state we are in or what
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Originally posted by tasker1
    I guess i am a exeption to the greedy people than, i am a fixer (lev 84 at the time) and found ga4 in a team mission, I would have loved to keep the ga4 for later use but it was boss loot on my alpha so i sold it and split the creds with all on the team. call me soft, i guess i should have just ninjaed it since no one seems to expect any less. it is a sad state we are in or what
    It isn't ninja'ing if it's on alpha loot, especially since you're a fixer...Alpha loot=whatever you loot you keep pretty much. You agree that this mob is his, next is yours etc. For loot all, it's kinda like some aren't going to bother looting because they don't need the random junk to sell, but if something important comes up (IQ rings, notum chips, soul frags) then it gets rolled.
    Yagyu for life

Originally posted by DkuNeo
    I wasnt the fixer, i dindt loose anything. I'm just whining over a guy i dindt know dindt get the GA4, but a mrn soldier did. Greed
    I know, I did say I agree with you
    Yagyu for life

Originally posted by Kaiousama

It isn't ninja'ing if it's on alpha loot, especially since you're a fixer...Alpha loot=whatever you loot you keep pretty much. You agree that this mob is his, next is yours etc. For loot all, it's kinda like some aren't going to bother looting because they don't need the random junk to sell, but if something important comes up (IQ rings, notum chips, soul frags) then it gets rolled.
    yea but it was my alpha on the boss, so being it was boss i felt we all have a stake. because it was boss loot
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

The thing is, even on alpha the expectation is that when you get to the boss, anything of worth will be rolled for. If that is the case, then why would the same not hold true for all the other mobs. The way I look at alpha, is that it ensures that anyone who wants to take some loot home from the mission will get the chance.

But I am one who fully expects that if I loot NS2 or something profession specific, it should at least be rolled for.

But, after seeing GA4 slip through my fingers on a couple occasions, I wonder now if I will have the will power to do the right thing.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

As an Enforcer with a Fixer alt....even I would give it up to the fixer in the team. If the fixer was already wearing GAIV ....screw the roll, it would go to my alt.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

my take is that is was looted off body during alpha loot so its his decision what he wants to do with it. chest and boss loot should always be rolled for even if its alpha. the honorable thing would be to give to the fixer, but honor in a pickup team with strangers is a rare thing indeed. i have learned that in pickup teams, state loot intentions before mission if the good loot is really that important to you. if you don't be prepared to deal with people being greedy.
    Gonzorage 220/27/70 Keeper - Circle of Notum
    Klonopin 220/30/70 Crat
    Myham 219/26 Engie

"It never got weird enough for me"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson 1937 - 2005 RIP

Your best bet is to make your own teams and do leader loot. Making sure to tell the the team that it is done in fairness. Roll for any loot that multiple people want, profession-specific stuff goes to the profession (roll if more than one) no questions asked.

I've only seen GA drop in a single team mission and thankfully the team's fixer was the looter (was playing an alt). Even then, some of the team was hassling him.

This game is filled with the lowest forms of life. Perhaps Funcom will take these things into consideration someday. Not everyone can be expected to play civilly and fairly.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Originally posted by Chrysaor
    IMO, if mob is not boss and loot is set to alpha it's the looters decision totaly. You can't blame him because he wanted to keep it, it is his luck.
    He can but he don't have to give it to the fixer in team.
    It's a matter of ethics. Any person that wouldn't turn over a particular item on any random mob *will* do the exact same thing if it's on a boss mob. The motivation is greed and the boss/non-boss status of a mob will do little to deter greed.

You can attempt to rationalize it all you want, but it will not change the facts:

Greed + item of value = rich greedy person
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

It's a matter of ethics. Any person that wouldn't turn over a particular item on any random mob *will* do the exact same thing if it's on a boss mob. The motivation is greed and the boss/non-boss status of a mob will do little to deter greed.

You can attempt to rationalize it all you want, but it will not change the facts:

Greed + item of value = rich greedy person
    You say that like greed is a bad thing.

Greed is a bad thing by definition, having nice items is not.
    However i have to agree the GA should have gone to the fixer, Show some character people, this will make the person that participated in the killing of the mob happy for a long long time.
    Get your credits other ways, it isnt that hard.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

i think it should go to the fixor or at least the team should split the money from a sell. the other day i was on an alt and got ga1 disc off boss loot they were like roll for it. since there was no fixor i was like bull dung we go sell now and split 6 ways after we sold for 60 mil they seemed to be happy i would rather have ten mill for all six and make a few friends than roll and sum lucky bassterd gets all for himself......but thats not ga4 if it had been 600 mil i woulda pooped my pants then decided to sell and split

Yes it should go to the Fixer by default (as should any other rare prof nano go to their respective team members). I am a strong advocate of need before greed.

*However*

If the Fixer was many levels from being able to use the nano I also can see selling it and divvying up the proceeds amoungst the team. The Fixer could apply his portion to purchasing GA2 or GA3.

1/6th portion of 1 Bil=167 mil. Fixer could purchase GA2 or get alot closer to buying GA3.

This would benefit *everyone*.
    Last edited by Pathae; Apr 3rd, 2003 at 22:41:18.

I say fuxx0r the arsewad that took the GA4. I do unique raids, I find a profession specific item, I do my damndest to give it to someone of that profession. Not even always giving to guildies either. So people that dont have consideration for other people professions can lick my big fuxx0ring toe.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Its this "quality" of people that has sealed my desire to quit the game... inflexible, intollerant, greedy, uber fools that can only see what benefits them and never ever consider anything else. They are the ones that will say anything to twist a story to their benefit, have a rationale for every situation so they gain and everyone else can go to hell.

Dont want GA myself but tired of seeing fixers getting screwed over and over again. Tired of morons.
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast