Thread: Full Def Fighting ?

Full Def Fighting ?

Hi there, reading the max post i can handle without being fired from my job, i didn't succeed in finding some intersting info about heal casting behaviour with moving agg def slider.

Would someone have something about it, interested in knowing if insta casting CH is possible with Full Def, and if it is, how much NanoInit is needed for it.

I read also a lot of posts about docs weapons (thx again for the doc's treasure chest post letah), but i raised Shottie FS AS to equip an ithaca, but i don't like that much damage output, i use a 250 VE and usually wear MoP and TTS on belt.

My big dillema is wether i have or not to reset that stuff and equip X3/Cat...

It may be the XXXXth post about it, but i'm really disappointed by this.

For info i am 148 Solitus Doc, and always wanting new advices

I cast CH at half defence - have nano init 1050 - almost instacast

with 1300+ init i still cant insta cast ch at full def theres tiny bit of cast time

but with specials init doesnt really matter just max it and put on a scope to add as and yer good to go
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

As far as casting speed is concerned, there are three settings to your agg/def bar: Full defense, Full offense, and anything in between. This part is fact; testing backs it up. If you have enough nano init to insta-cast at 99% agg/def, you also have enough nano init to insta-cast at 1%.

When you are at full offense you have a small bonus to your casting speed, I believe. When you are at full defense, you have a large penalty to casting speed. In the middle, I think you have neither a bonus nor a penalty. This part is anecdotal from my experience, without testing to back it up.

I'll have to palsy or UBT myself to set my nano init close to 0 in order to test this accurately... maybe I'll do it when I'm bored
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I don't know i have this strange thing with CH on fulld efence. I have 1302 Nano INI self buffed and when i cash CH i am healed the same moment i press CH key (if no lag) but i get the execusion bar for one second...

Strange but well you need 1200+ nano ini to instacast CH on full defence.

Special recicle depend on your skill and weapon.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Having 1100-1250 nanoinit is funny: instacast at 1% aggro, 0% aggro it needs time. 1350+ you insta at 0%

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

thats because its not a scale like with weapons.

0 agg/def = +1 to cast times

1 - 99 agg/def = 0 to cast times

100 agg/def = -1 to cast times

since ch is 5.5 s cast time, you need 900 init to instacast on full agg. 1100 to cast insta cast anywhere but full def.
    President of Midnight Reveries

That I knew, but im wondering if this +1 casttime penalty shows as an extra bonus in evades/nr, I sure hope it does..

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

would be cool if it did!
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Well, Thanks a lot for all theses answers, it kinda light my path in understanding agg/def system...

Would you have any advice about this Shottie Reset/Rifle Raisin Thingy ?

Thanks again

Stel