Thread: [ Couple LiL things for us Soldiers ]

[ Couple LiL things for us Soldiers ]

[!!!!] Not wasting burst on empty magazine [!!!!]

omg every soldier has done it. You come up to a orange-red mob awaiting the flurry of numbers arising from the chaos of your alpha strike when boom Reloading... Action not avaiable. Changing area... Anyway instead of wasting the special just give a message to the effect "reloading cannot use speical" Reloaded You hit for 780 burst damage You hit for 30 energy damage
    (sry went nuts with the in game messages)

[!!] Ammo read out [!!]

You got plenty of room down there. Just put a meter that shows how many bullets,missiles,toiler bolt psycho-techtronic energy beams etc you got left. [ 23/50 ] Easy fix will please alot of profs.

[!!] Make mirror shields no matter the QL overide the current long term deflection shield you have on. [!!]

Curently if u have a slighty higher QL deflection shield u have to scroll down to the ncu right click it to turn it off then turn on the mirror shield. I know u can make sure the mirror is always bigger but there are alot more deflection then mirror shield upgrades and it would be a huge convience at times.

[!] BackSlot Armor alternatives [!]

i know all prof got the same problem but u basicly got 2 choices. A nice ac no penality DRESS (ACcoat) or crucial lookin tank armor but u gotta use a nano 8 times during buff. Maybe armored cameo fatigues or something. Those would look mad tight. (I think they called fatigues... if im wrong the green light green brown things that rambo wears)

[!!] Green burst? FA? [!!]

I mean burst goes hand in hand with AR. Thats why u use AR over a sniper rifle. It might be complicated reapporiting the IPs but shiz its jus a idea; a good one

[!] Pump up the damage amp? [!]

10 damage? i dont know how big other profs are but that seems a little underpowered. I mean ive seen MP damage buffs for like 50 or 75. Maybe 18-25 or so seems

[!] More Nova Flows [!]

Ive actually only seen 1 or 2 novas in a store in my 54 lvls. And I hit up the stores quite often. All of mine ive bought from other players. Jus askin for a little more availability.

[!] Make timing more important [!]

i.e. if u fling shot at the exact right time u get a dam bonus.

KrisKo
    [LvL] 54 ClanSoldier w/104 flow
    [LvL] 51 Martial Artist
    [LvL] 8 MP

bumpity
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Wow.. a soldier post without suggesting stupid or unbalancing new features!

I am in full support. BUMP!

For the love of all things soldier... BUMP!!!
    Last edited by Dep; Feb 16th, 2002 at 02:27:47.

Bump and agree, the only thing I would say is that the nova flow is akin to the enforcer hammer/beam phenomonon. More variety in effective weapons at lower levels is more like it.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Thought of 1 mo thing

[!] Make grenades a special with AOE [!]

Instead of grenades being a unused and utterly gimped main weapon make em able to equip in a utility slot and use em like a special with a refresh rate of say 45 min. It's common sense to give em AOE which would give a alternative to running if u get too many adds. With a refresh of 45 min or so and about the damage of a good burst and how bout also it does good damage vs only a group not vs single mobs or players, it wouldnt be overpowered. Another way to make sure its not overpowered is to make grenades hurt everything in the explosion area even teamates. Also grenades could also stun mobs for a bit or you could make special flash grenades that stun em. Jus an idea.

I personally would love the idea and would give a little more depth to the soldier profession then pressing q,m,1, , over and over

KrisKo
    [lvl59] Kalashnakof Soldier
    [lvl51] Krisko MA
    [lvl8] Myztacal MP

also hook me up with a couple more bumps

Krisko

I like the grenade idea. Too bad FC doesn't seem to be listening to this part of the forum.

I'd like to see a new type of soldier only shoulder pad....well not a pad but a cannon that goes to the shoulder slot.

A big tube in your back that would then turn around and open up to a major gun when you are about to fire it. Very similar to a nano prog with a 10 sec attack and a huge area damage explosion with big damage. Then you should be unable to use the gun for a really long time. This would look awesome and would propably not make the soldier too overpowered.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

As to the damage nanos that increase your damage by 10 or some pathetic thing... a bunch of professions have those. Agents have them, fixers have them. They all suck. They use up like 30 ncu space to do an extra +12 damage per hit, not too exciting when you're already hitting for 400.

I don't know what Funcom was thinking when they designed these lines of nanos.

What about Full Auto Buff?

Howdy,

and don't forget the MOST important:

Give us finally a Full Auto Buff.

We can buff every important secondary weapon skill for us, except Full Auto. This kinda sux. No wonder every soldier takes the boring Novas or Seburos.

Vylander

Improve AC and Health Buffs.

As to FA and Burst not being green, just about everything else is, you should have to work a little harder at somethings.

Grenades - not just a Soldier issue, Engineers as well. Grenades should either have their damage drastically increased or do an AoE attack.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Give us something useful?

What are we good for? Yea we can tank 10 mobs for the duration of MK shield. Our AC buffs are weak, Our Damage buffs are weak. Our nano formulas are pitiful. If any soldier goes for AC buffs it is pointless...i.e. Waste of IPS! We need more Assault rifle weapons. Gamma beamer/Nova Flow just gets old. Everyone is using them even other professions. Maybe a Soldier Only gun?

MY BIGGEST ISSUE!
    Tank armor!!!!! For the love of god. Why does it add to nano cost/lower run speed/and lower evades! Well **** give us somethign back then. Maybe make it add to damage output, make it also add to our HP and make it give more ACs. Give us some compensation. Now every damn (smart) soldier/enforcer is running around in dresses called Primus Coats. We look silly!@#@# like FEMALES!@!#@. For the love of all that is holy do something about tank armor. it is worthless!!!! (oh yea if i see one more DOC or NT in a tank armor we gonna have a talk...you foolish SOBS!)

The 164 Solitus Soldier who wants to be on rk1.....Damn you illuvatar i hope you burn in hell!

let me clairify something

plz make comments constructive and thought-out
    so no posting after u jus died etc and e****ially no whining

Krisko

Talking

Hello all =) i had posted this in the 13.8 item bug fix forum, and hope you all feel loved now :P Seriously tho, i had to give you guys a shout out

Soldiers:
    (and yes this an enf giving you guys some needed shouts for love)
    I, getting bored with the mission grind, decided to make a soldier. And no guys, they are not lieing when they say they are broken, guns i mean.
    I will not even approach the discussion on the wait time to switch out guns as that is a long and heated argument, BUT i will say that it is utterly ridiculous that Burst and Full Auto and Fling Shot are still broken. I have noticed that if you attempt one of these specials with less that the adequate amount of bullets in the gun, the special's graphics execute, your skill is "used" and are forced to wait the recharge for it. Then, the best part of it all is you get a line of text stating and i quote "Reloading..."
    So you say, reload manually, if you have time, which is not practical in a long fight btw, relaod before each use, saying this is plausible for a second, ERROR, nope, thx for playing, but we have some lovely parting gifts for you..... meaning 50% of the time the gun bugs, and you cant manually reload. If that wasnt bad enough, just switching out guns, bugs specials (ok i touched on it)

So, in conclusion, the perception is that soldiers are uber, and yes they are at/near the top of pvm, and pvp, there is still no excuse for a class's poor game mechanics, and to write it off because they are a dominant class and think in some small way it balances out.

my two cents....

Originally posted by KrisKo
    let me clairify something

plz make comments constructive and thought-out
    so no posting after u jus died etc and e****ially no whining

Krisko

I agree. No whining and no self pitty "we are worthless" posts please. I'm sick of seeing them, and they are not going to help this class one little bit.

I like self pity - we ARE worthless - but I'll bump it anyway
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."