Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Professional

New Professional

Hello fellow Bureaucrats.

I've been accepted as the new Bureaucrat professional, and so will be serving along side Charles in the professionals program. I am still in the process of familiarizing myself with the program and getting to know the other professionals. I hope to get up to speed quickly so I can get to the business of being a strong representative for you.

Feel free to contact me through a private message to share any thoughts you might have about how I can best serve the our community as Bureaucrat professional.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Yay, Congratulations!
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Grats and welcome

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Custom for the new crat professional

The Yalm won't wash and wax itself.

(In case you're wondering, its a joke.)
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

grats
    -Stimmed Out
    (The Stimmed Defiler)
    Cratz

Woot! Grats!
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

Talking Good choice

Just wanted to pop in and offer my gratulations. Good to have two proffesionals again.
    Formrider - Lvl 73 Crat

Nahadra - Lvl 55 doc

Unfitrider - Lvl 101 Shade

Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Killer 40%
    Socializer 26%

Talking Congratulations

As the 'crat I modeled mine after, I am very happy for you. =)

Hopefully with you here, less of the mainstream and more of the freethinking will predominate. I know your passion for playing a 'crat, and am sure the community could NOT have gotten a better professional. =)
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

lol grats Syn
    - Shin1 - The 'Crat Gimponator and Hecklerherder eqp
    - Unit Member of Storm - Official punching bag (TM)

"Being the master of crowd control means nothing when you can't crowd control at raids and most static dungeons and pvp and high level missions and players with high innate resistance and then one day you finally realize that there are more things that you can't crowd control than what you're able to."
    -Kithrak- Crat Professional

Last edited by Alysanda; May 22nd, 2003 at 22:54:23.
    Alysanda
    Lvl 215 Rubika 1 Omni Bureaucrat

Retroaction
    Lvl 176 Rubika 1 Omni Soldier
    Recourse
    Lvl 100ish Rubika 1 Omni Doctor
    Anarchist of TEEN GIRL SQUAD!

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard

I would like to be able to say congratulations but im afraid i cant.

Your crat is an alt, that doesnt neccesarily say alot but it damn well means something to me, i dont think a person that has a char as an alt should be professional end of story. You aent known as a crat you are known as something else, i dont even bother to check it up. I know people will dislike me more for flaming, but i just voice my opinion like im entitled to. I think this nomination is big joke, not that it matters the whole professionals prgram is a big joke and has always been.

The fact that we now have 2 professionals that think its below their dignity to slam the fist in the table and say enough really doesnt sink any hope into me regarding the profession. Long essays and reports have proved to do nothing so far, time to use a different approach maybe? You will surely disagree with me but this is my opinion and my feelings. Its nothing personal in any way as i dont know you Szentasha/Syntasha and i talk to Kithrak ingame sometimes.

Whatever you do, dont try to roleplay crats concerns though, cause if you do im gonna fall of my chair, i play pen and paper rpgs and enjoy it i started ao with the intention to roleplay but soon found out that there was none or very little room for it, so i gave up.

As a whole i dont think you will do more good then anyone else as a professional as its a pointless program, but to chose an alt really proves how few options they have when they chose their professionals.

Overall im very dissappointed.

Originally posted by Whites
    Whatever you do, dont try to roleplay crats concerns though, cause if you do im gonna fall of my chair, i play pen and paper rpgs and enjoy it i started ao with the intention to roleplay but soon found out that there was none or very little room for it, so i gave up.

As a whole i dont think you will do more good then anyone else as a professional as its a pointless program, but to chose an alt really proves how few options they have when they chose their professionals.

Overall im very dissappointed.
    I keep my duties as a professional and what I enjoy such as RPing on AO seperate and I'm sure Szent can do the same. The professionals program isn't entirely pointless at the least we got them to admit that there is something wrong with the way psychic checks are balanced at the moment.

Some professionals have reported their fair share of bugs and issues that have gotten fixed. We'll be there to help beta Shadowlands to do our best to make sure we don't end up with our half-baked nano lines that stop working in pvp or aren't even balanced right to begin with.

Granted it would be better if they listened to our feedback but the professionals program isn't as bad as you think it is. I haven't forgotten that we're supposed to be trying to help the players for starters. If you still aren't satisified with our performance, have something you want to write up and I can submit it for you to the professionals board.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

It is cool that there are some people that still has faith in the proffessional program.

Eventhough it has never worked it shows a good front that there are atleast 2 dedicated people for each proffession
    Winterizer lvl 213 Solitus Keeper
    Alien level 14
    Date of registration 2001-06-28
    Played in beta 4
    Unit leader of Ragnarok

Originally posted by Whites
    I would like to be able to say congratulations but im afraid i cant.

Your crat is an alt, that doesnt neccesarily say alot but it damn well means something to me, i dont think a person that has a char as an alt should be professional end of story. You aent known as a crat you are known as something else, i dont even bother to check it up.
    Szentasha is her RP char, that has never levelled past 100 and is the org leader of Unity of the Rose, an RP guild.

Syntasha is her main, a levelling char that is well into tl5, has Nelly's Dress, etc. and is her true passion and char that she loves to play.

Please, I can understand your frustration with the professionals program. But as you state, check it up before you speak.
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Originally posted by Fistofpaper

Szentasha is her RP char, that has never levelled past 100 and is the org leader of Unity of the Rose, an RP guild.

Syntasha is her main, a levelling char that is well into tl5, has Nelly's Dress, etc. and is her true passion and char that she loves to play.

Please, I can understand your frustration with the professionals program. But as you state, check it up before you speak.
    Umm.. yeah she stated in the professionals forum that she was an alt. You check up first.

Nice to have proper representation now.

And well, just because you're a 2nd, 3rd, non-major character, doesn't make you any less able to represent our interests.

Becoming aggressive about an issue, especially when you have direct/semi-direct interaction with the development team is a great way to get your issues ignored for another year (has comical memories of the Smeg Necro talk and the results).

Originally posted by Reiella
    Nice to have proper representation now.

And well, just because you're a 2nd, 3rd, non-major character, doesn't make you any less able to represent our interests.

Becoming aggressive about an issue, especially when you have direct/semi-direct interaction with the development team is a great way to get your issues ignored for another year (has comical memories of the Smeg Necro talk and the results).
    I never mentioned anything about becoming aggresive, i just want it to be a more straightforward approach, not the general 4 pages essay that we usually end up with today. I dont know everything behind the scenes. but so far what i can see (this is an example) docs got a change to their nano ac nano it was changed to nano resist, they got a change on their icon for IC. crats still have a useless nanodelta line that adds 6 and 12 repectively, when there is implants that adds above 100 added up. We still have extreme issues with charms that FC now have acknowledged after 1.5 years.

From what i see some changes are done to cause of the professionals program but crats havent had a single change, somewhere we have to ask ourselves what our professionals can do differently.

Its not a flame on individuals its a cmplaint about the way they present thing cause i cant find another reason to why we always end up at the short end of the stick compared to others.

Sure it could be that FC caters to the profs that people actually play which would be perfectly ok but why the hell do we have professionals if thats the case.

Btw i want to represent fixers cause i have a lvl 43 fixer i love to play, thats not the way it works. I want a main as a professional and thats my own opinion and you cant change that.

Whites... one thing I will suggest is that you don't let this turn into a situations like the Engineers had with Munchausen and Jica. Supporting and working with your professionals is going to result in better effect.

Most of the Doctor changes that have been implemented have actually been very small bug fixes, with the exception of the CH/NCU exploit fix. In the interest of brevity, if you don't believe me and want a list, either flame that statement or PM me

Part of the problem I think the devs have with changing Crats, is that your core nano lines are potential "game breakers" from a design standpoint. What I mean is this: charms and calms alter the "risk vs reward" equation of PvM play - calms by lowering the risk, charms by increasing the rewards... and they do so in ways that can't really be quantified and predicted.

When the devs add a new mob or new weapon they can calculate its damage output and check to balance it with existing heals, creature hitpoints, future plans, etc. You can't do that with a calm, or a charm, or even a root. And that's why I think Funcom has had so many problems with crowd control implementation, for all professions not just Crats (it affects Crats more of course because it's their forte and focus). Funcom's historically shown a tendency to try and quantify game balance (you've heard of the "skills budget" I'm sure).

Right now I think the balance is very uneven - at certain points in their careers Crats seem like nigh unstoppable mobkilling machines. And at other points, they are... what was Kithrak's saying... "intelligent moving totem poles with aura buffs."

I'd like to have kept this brief but I seem to have written a four page essay for you It is a complicated subject though... and probably one, really, for another thread. I expound because I love this kind of thing *giggle* If you'd like to talk more on it, my PM box isn't full I think.

I will close by saying I know Szentasha very well (considering I've been her friend and guildmate for almost two years now) and she has my every confidence as a Professional. I work with her almost daily in missions of all levels, uniques raids, and notum war battles. She's not a newbie and she's not laser-focused on roleplaying. I've discussed in-game with her about many of the same issues and problems I've read here. She's very smart, very dedicated, very creative, and knows the profession very well.

Give her a fair chance, let her have time to get in to the programme, and recognize that (like all other Professionals) she doesn't have any control over what Funcom chooses, and doesn't choose, to fix or change, and that she's bound by a nondisclosure agreement not to reveal most of what she learns.

Which frustrates me cause I wanna know too and it's not fair of me to even ask
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    Whites... one thing I will suggest is that you don't let this turn into a situations like the Engineers had with Munchausen and Jica. Supporting and working with your professionals is going to result in better effect.

Most of the Doctor changes that have been implemented have actually been very small bug fixes, with the exception of the CH/NCU exploit fix. In the interest of brevity, if you don't believe me and want a list, either flame that statement or PM me

Part of the problem I think the devs have with changing Crats, is that your core nano lines are potential "game breakers" from a design standpoint. What I mean is this: charms and calms alter the "risk vs reward" equation of PvM play - calms by lowering the risk, charms by increasing the rewards... and they do so in ways that can't really be quantified and predicted.

When the devs add a new mob or new weapon they can calculate its damage output and check to balance it with existing heals, creature hitpoints, future plans, etc. You can't do that with a calm, or a charm, or even a root. And that's why I think Funcom has had so many problems with crowd control implementation, for all professions not just Crats (it affects Crats more of course because it's their forte and focus). Funcom's historically shown a tendency to try and quantify game balance (you've heard of the "skills budget" I'm sure).

Right now I think the balance is very uneven - at certain points in their careers Crats seem like nigh unstoppable mobkilling machines. And at other points, they are... what was Kithrak's saying... "intelligent moving totem poles with aura buffs."

I'd like to have kept this brief but I seem to have written a four page essay for you It is a complicated subject though... and probably one, really, for another thread. I expound because I love this kind of thing *giggle* If you'd like to talk more on it, my PM box isn't full I think.
    Easy fix remove charms, give us a green weaponskill and/or nukes that relies on one skill so we wont get resisted all the time.

If its that hard to fix it or make it an actual option that fits into this game just remove it and replace it.

the popular vote went to somebody else, but that doesn't mean any ol' retarded crack monkey can't do the job well.

grats szen.

if SL makes crats the next flavor of the month prof, you and charles can take credit for it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast