Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Nanomage People

The Nanomage People

There has been a heated debate about the plight of Nanomage kind and thier future in recent news. There has also been a great deal of misinformation about the nature of the Nanomage people. And there has also been a suggestion that because Nanomages require notum for survival that they should be eliminated by either some form of sterilization or genetic warfare to eliminate us as a people.

Nanomages require significant notum in the environment to survive. We are connected to the notum on a genetic level. There is Notum in our DNA and this is passed on to our offspring. Some misinformed people seem to think that Nanomage couples have Solitus offspring. This is absurd, there is no way that our genetic makup radically alters itself when we reproduce. Although the first Nanomages were created in a lab, and some still are, we are a new species within the genus Homo but seperate and significantly different than other species within the genus Homo. As a species we fill a new nieche in the new environment of Rubi-Ka. We reproduce ourselves like any other species, and we defend our right to survive like any other species. Furthermore most Nanomages are aware of our history and nature, as well as our precarious situation that we find ourselves in. Due to this precarious situation we of the Nanomage Liberation Front are fighting to foster a stronger Nanomage society and strengthen our position as a people in this galaxy.

Some have suggested either ignorantly or maliciously that the solution to the plight of the Nanomage people is our elimination. One suggestion was to genetically attack us to make us Solitus. While we acknowledge the rights of the Solitus, Opifex, and Atrox people's right to exist we are proud of our uniqueness and see ourselves as having a very important role in the future of the genus Homo. We will not accept genocide as a means to "save" us. Human history is full of attempts such as this within the one species Homo sapiens among differing cultures within it. We sincerely hope that we have come much farther along as a genus and do not stoop to such a level. We view any attempts at this form of genetic warfare as one of the most severe forms of war crimes and crimes against humanity.

We have a long and difficult road ahead as a people. We are facing a crisis that affects our very survival. As a Nanomage i implore the larger community to reject any such action or idea that would legitimate the destruction of our people. We may disagree on the levels of danger, the effects of mining, and the abundance of notum, but I hope we do not disagree that Nanomages should have a permenant place in this galaxy. Also I would hope we all agree that Diverse people's would be served best if we could find a way to live in peace and prosperity for all time. Our uniqueness is our strength, our diversity serves us all. I pray peace may come to Rubi-Ka. Be assured though that long before the bright light that is the Nanomage people is put out we will strive for our survival, and we will use any and all means neccesary to defend our right to live and be NANOMAGE!
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

A funny thing happened to me on my way to Reets...

Aazamon,

This may not be the best place to post this, but then maybe it is. Last night I was on my way to Reet's Retreat. When I gridded in to Borrealis I was surprised to see any number of small creatures there by the grid terminal obviously lost and scared. One your fellow generals, Ramiyana, was also there. He, along with some others who came later, helped to calm the creatures until the authorities could come and return them to the wild.

I felt that the acts of this man spoke well not only for himself and for your guild, but for all nanomages. I speak only for myself at having witnessed one man's single selfless act. But I can only say that if we were all so caring of Rubika's many inhabitants, both great and small, we might yet find the peace that I believe we all seek.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

An ancient man called Darwin espoused survival of the fittest. If nano-mages cannot adapt to the loss of notum they will die out (they are capable of this by re-engineering their dna). Just like so many other species of creatures died out when thier habitat changed. Of course, it's complete specualtaion and I personnaly belive totally in error to claim that notum is almost out.

I conducted a study...air is nearly out! Do to the increase in population it's getting used up at an alarming rate! I think I'm gonna kill all the other air breathers so I don't run out! Only other people who have been abused in a Omni mine can be saved with me! We must rise up and kill the other air breathers!
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    An ancient man called Darwin espoused survival of the fittest. If nano-mages cannot adapt to the loss of notum they will die out (they are capable of this by re-engineering their dna).
    Perhaps we should adapt to the threat of noptum loss by eliminating/subjugating all non-nanomage people. The ruling class should be the most intelligent, and that is the nanomages. The atrox and opifex are simply tools designed to be used by the more intelligent, superior breed, the nanomages.

We nanomages need to step up and claim our place at the head of the human race!

Aaza would seem to me you need to talk this whacko who wanders around west athens named shizara. She pretty much out of there, sees herself as this nanomage seer. so if you can understand anything that she says, maybe you should talk to her. Heh Vixen is an expert on genetics now...pffftt.. only the strong survive, you summed up what I have been saying all along Vixen..so that means your kind is out of here.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

An ancient man called Darwin espoused survival of the fittest. If nano-mages cannot adapt to the loss of notum they will die out (they are capable of this by re-engineering their dna). Just like so many other species of creatures died out when thier habitat changed. Of course, it's complete specualtaion and I personnaly belive totally in error to claim that notum is almost out.
    To be sure we will survive, and without our connection to notum we are not Nanomage. I say to you we will fight to maintain our right for survival and our connection to notum. If you think in terms of survival of the fittest at the expense of others than obviously not all of the genus Homo have progressed much since we came down from the trees. I am trying to find a solution, and a consensus that genocide is not the answere to "the Nanomage problem". Genocide, which is what you postulate, is the sad history of the species Homo, I hope it stays only history.

I conducted a study...air is nearly out! Do to the increase in population it's getting used up at an alarming rate! I think I'm gonna kill all the other air breathers so I don't run out! Only other people who have been abused in a Omni mine can be saved with me! We must rise up and kill the other air breathers!
    This premise is a false one. We live in an environment where air is recycled by it's use on planet, not where it is being stripped off planet. The same holds for notum, we use it on planet and it recycles, but if it is taken off planet it is lost to Rubi-Ka and Nanomage kind forever.

It is sad that to solve this issue some will always attack the right of Nanomages to exist

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Vixentrox is no more extreme than me, funny how she attacks my standing with the sentinels and she proposes the solution to the nanomage problem is to wipe out all characteristics of their species and make them more human. I just wanted the unwavering obedience of the clan people, I'm not trying to mass eliminate a race
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

:(

Originally posted by Fakonamo

Perhaps we should adapt to the threat of noptum loss by eliminating/subjugating all non-nanomage people. The ruling class should be the most intelligent, and that is the nanomages. The atrox and opifex are simply tools designed to be used by the more intelligent, superior breed, the nanomages.

We nanomages need to step up and claim our place at the head of the human race!
    I did not witness Ramiyana expressing this superiority last night over even the lowly leet. Perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to trust what I see with my 2 eyes. I would like to think that there is a way for all inhabitants of Rubika to peacefully co-exist. Perhaps I am just being nieve to think that is even possible.

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

It also was in jest. Your data is slanted and equally absurd in my mind. I belive in the right of the nano-mages to exist, but I think this is just a political crusade, using a distortion of data to bring the leaders of the movement political power and a cult of follwers. The majority of nano-mages feel no ill effects and I think your brainwashing has turned folks into hypochondriacs....imaging they are feeling sick.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

It also was in jest. Your data is slanted and equally absurd in my mind. I belive in the right of the nano-mages to exist, but I think this is just a political crusade, using a distortion of data to bring the leaders of the movement political power and a cult of follwers. The majority of nano-mages feel no ill effects and I think your brainwashing has turned folks into hypochondriacs....imaging they are feeling sick.
    You may ignore all the signs that point to the truth, but you can not deny the Nanomage Liberation Front's deep and sincere desire to help our people. We seek no "power" and have given up a great deal of potential power to fight for what we know to be right. I find your slander appaulling, vindictive, and unprovoked. I am trying to make people aware of a movement, and ideas that deny Nanomages the right to live. Do you support those that propose genocide? I am not only talking about Notum Mining, but many propositions that would end in the extinction of Nanomage people! What right do you have to deny a people their existance? What evidence do you have that we in the NLF are power hungry? I say to you before you slander me or my comrades get your facts straight! I posted my concerns in a tone of concern and with an open mind to solve problems not to sling mud.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Re: :(

Originally posted by ValliKat

I would like to think that there is a way for all inhabitants of Rubika to peacefully co-exist. Perhaps I am just being nieve to think that is even possible.
    Of course we can peacefully coexist, with nanomages benevolently ruling the lesser breeds as it should be. Why shouldnt the most intelligent rule, those that have the capacity to comprehend, plan, administer a superior form of world government. The lesser breeds just dont have the brain power to rule, they are ruled by their base animal emotions, not by their intelligence.

Evolution has continually enhanced the intelligence of the human race, not its strength, quickness or ambition. Nanomages are just the next step in evolution. Being of superior intelligence and potential. We are simply superior to the lesser breeds, and there for natural order dictates that we should rule. But we must take what is ours, the lesser breeds simply dont have the capacity to comprehend the greater good of nanomage rule!

The atrox and opifex are simply tools designed to be used by the more intelligent, superior breed, the nanomages.
    Where exactly are you getting this? I'm not going to act all superior like you, but Solitus created Nanomages, Atrox, and Opifex. Thats not to say we are better, but you are certainly no better than the rest of us. While you could most likely beat an atrox in a game of chess, the atrox could easily crush your skull. While you may figure out a calculation faster than an Opifex, thats the only thing you can do faster than an Opifex. As for Solitus, there have been Solitus who can match wits with Nanomages and can perform many tasks just as well, if not better, than Nanomages. This is not to diminish your skills. It is a fact that many Nanomages are born with a higher intellectual capacity than normal. This is just to deflate your ego. You aren't perfect and you aren't better than the other races.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Umm...I belive I said somewhere I belive in their right to exist..? Yes...I am quite certain I said that.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Well, it seems that the NLF has created yet another tract of of misinformation and propaganda to try to give reason to their madness and desire to murder, pillage, and destroy in the name of nanomages and the environment.

As a nanomage, I am horrified that these self righteous zealots claim to speak for me and all other nanomages. Most of my fellow Homo Nano are far above this level of action, and one hopes that this tiny minority is not believed to speak for the majority.

I continue to reinforce my points:

1) There has been no solid, unbiased proof that there is even a one percent drop in notum on this planet, let alone the huge de-notum-ization that the NLF and BORPAC reports.

2) The only reports of nanomage infirmities have been from BORPAC, a very biased source. Not even other neutral sources or the clans themselves have reported this. As a nanomage, I can function fine in Borealis or any other area.

3) The only 'proof' evidence ever provided by NLF or BORPAC has been concerning zoology and local fauna or a fallacious report based off the NATURAL notum dry locations in the Borealis region.

I believe Vixentrox put it very well with NLF's propoganda and programming producing an army of hypocondriacs. This, in my opinions, is so the NLF can justify its own actions to itself and other BORPAC members, as well as the rest of the world.

Of course, an organization can be judged by those that speak for them, and when Fakonamo's opinions are taken into account, it does not speak well for the NLF at all. Advocating a caste society where Homo Nano sits on top? That is ridiculous and flies against the very principles of democracy and liberty.
    Nicholas "Maxilon" Markarian
    Executive of 'The Concillium'
    Bureaucrat
    Clan Union Representative
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

Originally posted by Uwen

While you could most likely beat an atrox in a game of chess, the atrox could easily crush your skull. While you may figure out a calculation faster than an Opifex, thats the only thing you can do faster than an Opifex. As for Solitus, there have been Solitus who can match wits with Nanomages and can perform many tasks just as well, if not better, than Nanomages.
    Yes, you are correct. But, the ability to crush skulls make a nice worker or soldier, not a good leader of men. The ability to move quickly has its uses, but not in governing a society.

Ruling a society is a matter of intelligence, not physical feats. Would you follow a leader whos only claim to fame was he could crush a skull, but couldnt figure out how to plug into the grid? If you would you are a fool.

Leaders need intelligence, not strength, speed, or any physical traits. Think of various leaders in history, the best such leaders were accomplished mentally, not physically (some even "handicapped" physically)

Would you rather follow the plan for governing a society developed by the worlds strongest fastest idiot, or by a wheelchair bound genius?

Strength and physical prowess may indeed be assets on the battlefield but not when ruling a society.

To be completely clear it is not the Nanomage Liberation Front's position or policy to support any movement that proposes Nanomage overlordship of any one else. We seek freedom and the right to live, we will not become like our oppressors. That would be a deep failure of our cause and beliefs.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Re: Re: :(

But we must take what is ours, the lesser breeds simply dont have the capacity to comprehend the greater good of nanomage rule!

I speak for myself here, but many of my fellow clanners will probably agree when I say this, quite frankly:

Over my dead body.
    Bureaucrat
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

Originally posted by Aazamon
    To be completely clear it is not the Nanomage Liberation Front's position or policy to support any movement that proposes Nanomage overlordship of any one else. We seek freedom and the right to live, we will not become like our oppressors. That would be a deep failure of our cause and beliefs.
    I am glad to see that the official word on the NLF at least condems that particular bit of foolishness.

Thank you, Aazamon.
    Bureaucrat

Originally posted by Maxilon

I speak for myself here, but many of my fellow clanners will probably agree when I say this, quite frankly:

Over my dead body.
    I would most certainly agree. Nanomages may have a higher capacity for intellectualism, but it seems only some of them are actually intelligent. There are many intelligent Atrox I have met, few rival Nanomage intelligence, but there have been some. I have met Opifex's with Nanomage rivalling intelligence. Few, yes, but there are some. And there are many, many Solitus who rival or surpass Nanomage intelligence. To counter this, there are many unintelligent Atrox, Opi's, and Solitus. If someone, from any race, works hard at learning they can achieve whatever degree of intelligence they want.
    Last edited by Uwen; Mar 26th, 2003 at 19:01:20.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Vallikat walks away feeling confused and wishing she hadn't been so quick with her kind words.

Member, GSP Dancers

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast