Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 13.8 Preliminary Patch Notes up

As for roots, I'm glad they're fixing it.

However as an MA who has to sit around for 5-10 mins for roots/snares to wear off, how about an item with "Cannot be in combat" flag so we can use it after combat?

Root Breaking

Just fix Epsilon Purge and make it like heals where it doesn't require NCU space.

Maybe look at giving Fixers a root breaking nano to, something like "NCU hack" where the masters of the grid hack into your NCU deck and delete the hostile programs, make it usable at lower levels that Epsilon Purge but less effective (maybe chance to remove 1 random hostile program)

This would serve the purpose of :
    Add more dimension to the Doctors

Give Fixers a boost that would similarly make them more useful. (Specially at low and mid levels prior to when Docs can cast Epsilon Purge)

Other than that, no other class should get a root break ability. As too MA's..... guess its time to brush up on those bow skills..... lucky your got new arrows, either that or team with a Fixer or high level Doc (If they fix EP and give fixers a root break).
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Originally posted by Climate

Ok, why not just try using the testsever and... there's 13.8 waiting to be downloaded with all the patch notes and everything there.

You're wrong :P

Climate.
    like i said, i'm glad you proved me wrong.

no need to be childish about it, jeez. showing your true colors here, aren't you?
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

Angry Love the patch!

Oringinally posted by Ming
    I am however very concerned about MA's not being able to break root. We're going to be standing there rooted in missions for 5 minutes after every kill, NOT to MENTION we will now officially have no strategy in PvP vs rooters. None. Stand there and get owned. That sucks. I'm happy overall, but the root thing concerns me. Root is instacast and free to NT's and traders. This means 0 chance of an MA killing them in a typical fight. Again, risk vs reward. I can already hear certain NT's cracking their knuckles to post "wait until it happens before you whine," but let me remind them, anything that removes all risk from the situation is unfair and nerfbait.
    Raise your nano resist and the duration of the root will not be near as long! Fuc*ing moron.

I have to raise my skills to even higher standards for my roots to even run in your NCU IF you haven't neglected your nano resist skill. If you havent raised the skill appropriate to your level, (vs. my level), then you deserve to die every time by my hand! Get a couple of levels and prevent it by raising one fuc*ing skill.
    I have ran several nanos by accident in my own NCU, and thanks to nanoresist, it doesnt last very long at all. Ridiculously short, in my opinion.
    MAs needed this patch, and we all knew it, BUT: Once fixed it does not mean you should scream nerf for your profession's particular bane.
    Brawl, dimach, BwT, higher min damage, weapons to boot, and a little nano resist will make you very well equipped to handle most enemies.
    I have a 105 MA who was my favorite character... Perhaps he will take over as such instead of my NT

- Vincentive, 114 NT
    - Apollyoni, 105 MA (Coming out of retirement?)

All in all. Looks to b a good patch.

Lotta good stuff in there. Area burst sounds like a really nice addition and should make up for the horrid lack of skills a fixer have. Not that this is enough they still need looking into but its nice to see they made the list.

The shops for Fixers/Traders WOOT. This is also extremely cool.

Elaboration here guys We need to know what they sell and where they are

One gripe. (You knew it didn'tcha) Tradeskills are still broken. I got tonnes of halfway finished Construction kits. I've spoken to a lot of GMs and they all said they would bump the tradeskills up the list. But seeing as a lot of other stuff also gets bumped I am asking you here.

Can we get an ETA or some sort of assurance that Tradeskill items will be fixed anytime soon? I know a lot of people would love it if you fixed it.

Other than that I am looking forward to this patch.

Keep it up
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

well from what has been said on the test server forum it seems the overall ma damage has not been changed. just that you dont hit for min every time. you now hit for say min than numbers in between, but your average is still the same.

The mission XP thing blows.

Hey Ming, why do you need an official strategy? Make your own up. Also our roots aren't free, I have a 58 NT and I think he can cast my best root 4-5 times and he's dead ass empty as far as nano goes, and I do have it maxed. That should keep you rooted for a good minute, think you can wait that long?
    Oh ya I forgot, I wouldn't have any nano left.

Pvp

"The reward for PvP has been changed. You will now be able to loot all items your opponent has gained since last saving, and you will receive a trophy if the person looses more then 10% of the experience needed to gain a level. "

Even though i never did it before, this for sure would make me consider doing a /terminate when someone tries to kill me after finishing a good mission with a good reward :-)

"Raise your nano resist and the duration of the root will not be near as long!"

WRONG.

If it lands, it lands for full duration. In my opinion, roots, and debuffs should check against your Nano resist every "tick" of the hostile nano. So if you DO have a high nano resist, things wouldnt last very long at all, which imho is how it should work.

hey all.. this patch is nice.. just me or did it come to test FAST (only been like a week since 13.6).

Anyway.. as those of you who know me on live (shout out to 3305 Local) know.. I tend to play on test about 1/2 the time. Anyway so heres some answers for ALL these questions..at least what I know.

1) Biggest question is the mission xp. Team members get xp from mob kills.. just NOT the missions xp reward.

2) The root thing.. that is kind of a pain in the but.. but raise that nano-resist, believe it or not it does help.

3) The 'special token'. This is just an extra token (same as normal tokens) that you can get from opossing faction 'humanoid' mobs. It definately makes you want to do missions! Your chance of getting one is fairly low so don't expect one every mission (sometimes you might get 2 or 3 a mission though..

4) The 'points' per token ROCKS! After about lvl50 it seams, your mission reward tokens start counting towards more tokens over all. For examply I have a lvl92 Soldier.. when I upload my reward token to my token board it is increasing bye 2 or 3 (unfortunately the token bug seams back.. where when you upload a token it reports the wrong number of overall tokens.

5) Trader & Fixer only stores. Traders, at lvl25 (I think) can access there terminal in any special/superior stores. We don't know where the Fixer terminals are. I checked normal areas.. even the grid but I cant find it. I may have a tip to it's location tomorrow so will report back as soon as I find it. NOTE: This is NOT the Black Market! Once I do find it.. we shall we what it contains. (per chance instructions on how to gain Area Burst?)

6) Fixer's new AOE Burst!!! No idea how it's used.. nobody on test does.. yet. Again I'll report back as soon as I find out what this is, how you use it.. if it's a new skill, fixer only skill or gun related.

7) I have heard the Yalm bug is back.. it luckely doens't happen to me but I've heard people talking about it.

8) The new dungeon. I don't know where it is yet.. will soon. And it's lvl90-120 I believe. Some of us have tested the dungeon a bit but aren't allowed to speek of it. So that's all your getting out of me

Oh and.. the patch IS on test (otherwise how would I know this all right?

I think that answers all the questions.. if I've missed any let me know... and btw

COME PLAY ON TEST FOR A WHILE.. WE LOVE COMPANY.. IT'S GOT A GREAT ATMOSPHERE.. AND YOU GET TO PLAY WITH ALL THE NEW LITTLE TOYS AND CHANGES BEFORE ANYONE ELSE
    Last edited by Fion; Feb 15th, 2002 at 10:22:27.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Re: Love the patch!

Originally posted by Enagelique

Raise your nano resist and the duration of the root will not be near as long! Fuc*ing moron.
    Greetings Mr F*cking moron,

High nano resist is not supposed to shorten roots, and it's no certain way to do it. Yes it can help, but that's in a rare occasion. Nano resist is to either counter a nano program, or to let it execute in your NCU. That's it.

Originally posted by Fion
    8) The new dungeon. I don't know where it is yet.. will soon. And it's lvl90-120 I believe. Some of us have tested the dungeon a bit but aren't allowed to speek of it. So that's all your getting out of me
    I believe that is the lamest comment I've read on this forum so far.

Originally posted by Babadi

like i said, i'm glad you proved me wrong.

no need to be childish about it, jeez. showing your true colors here, aren't you?
    Actually since you said you'd love to be proved wrong it was meant to be light-hearted but sorry if you took it the wrong way...

Climate.

Lightbulb Root Breaking

I've posted this elsewhere, ans others have posted similar ideas, but we need something, either an item or a general nano that can break roots and snares (Nano Shears?). This would ideally be an item with a recharge time (2-4 minutes? QL based?), NOT usable in combat, with 100% chance to remove roots and say a 33% chance (again, QL based?) of breaking snares. It could also have a small chance of breaking debuffs? DoTs? It should be sold in shops at a reasonable, but not small cost (e.g. 500 per QL?)

Any views people? Funcom?

Special arrows have been added to use with the Bow Special Attack skill. The Bow Special Attack requirement has been removed from all bows that had it. You will still need a bow to fire them, but the bow can be of any quality level. This should make this weapon more flexible.
    In essence the bow special attack skill has been made useless and obsolete Can I please get the 200K ip back I wasted on it just to be an original character?

The not sharing of mission reward exp is probably the most laughable "fix" ever... So that means I won't get my 15 exp when my team finishes a lvl 100 mission? Crap! Now I will have to kill a leet in the backyards to compensate.

I like the big lines of this patch nonetheless, shame "my" doc proffesion didn't get some love (except for the bio cloak that is) but I guess the MA's needed it more Would be swell to have a few more doc nano's tho in the future with mibby a somewhat bigger range in DD's for the early levels (where they are most useful imo). Plz don't give me the usual "they are so uber in pvp plz nerf the hell out of em" crap, I h8 pvp, just want the mobs to drop sooner and easier. And I want Epsilon purge to work (just to finaly end that discussion).

Any eta's on an eventual doc-fix/love patch (nothing grotesque, just somethnig to let us know you haven't forgotten about us, doc's numbers are depleting rapidly)

GreetingZz and good job on this!

-Mah
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

"You should get more "points" from each token at higher levels! This should now better reflect the time it takes to get the tokens at higher levels. Please do not see this as us "deluding" the value of past accomplishments."

If this isn't diluting the value of token boards I don't know what is.
    My Level 93 character has 400 tokens.
    No she didn't purchase any, she has only ever used /terminate 4 times and they were all to become un-stuck.
    The 1000 token board was certainly something to work towards, but if you're plan is to get everybody with one then this change is welcome.

"It will no longer be possible to break Root nanos during a fight by executing hostile nanos on yourself."

You haven't forgotten that this is exactly what the Enforcer 'Rage' line of nano's is supposed to do right?
    I can just see you guys coding in a blanket change and forgetting the fact that us Enforcers have a whole line of nano's designed to stop hostile programs including roots.

lol no more missions???

hah! Knowing Funcom i bet they nerf the single missions and dont fix the team missions! hahahahaha

this is really gonna **** things up
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

Btw, another thing about bowz, does this "fix" mean that I will now need both energy ammo as well as the special bow arrows to be able to effectively use my reet tech?? If so this was a very badly contemplated "fix". Knowing the price of arrows and the speed in which you go through them, this could effectively be called a nerf towards the reet-tech line of bows....grr....
    /me retires a character if this is so...
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Question Weapon Balance?

And as we're talking about patches, when can we expect some weapon tweaks to make more weapons usable? I'm not asking for all weapons to be the same, but there shouldn't be weapons in the game that nobody want's to use (well, a few maybe...)

1) Faster weapons should have their minimum damage raised (this would increase dmg/min vs higher ACs) and/or their crit damage increased.

2) Many weapons should give additional benefits such as bonus to CCEvade, bonus to crit chance (MA weapons??), bonus to nano pool etc.

Roots... wransacks etc... Could Nano Resist be more effective please?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast