Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 13.8 Preliminary Patch Notes up

13.8 Preliminary Patch Notes up

From the official site, in progress:

Preliminary Build notes v13.8
    General Changes:

The PVP grace period now works as was originally intended. This means no more grid camping!

Neutrals will now have PvP titles.

You will now be able to apply implants when wearing social armour.

The reward for PvP has been changed. You will now be able to loot all items your opponent has gained since last saving, and you will receive a trophy if the person looses more then 10% of the experience needed to gain a level.

You should get more "points" from each token at higher levels! This should now better reflect the time it takes to get the tokens at higher levels. Please do not see this as us "deluding" the value of past accomplishments.

There is now a chance of getting a special token reward for killing sided monsters.

You will now receive feedback when trying to use Brawl and Dimach before the recharge time has expired

A bug with closing lockpicked chests has been fixed.

Some mission descriptions were missing locations. This has now been fixed.

Your team members will no longer share the experience when doing single player missions as a team

Your faction will not appear as monster in the character creation any more.

You will no longer hear your own footsteps while flying with Quantum Wings.

Launcher Changes:

Added new background bitmaps in the launcher.

Item Changes:

Some melee weapons displayed ammotype=0 in the description. This has now been fixed.

Fixed the incorrect look of the higher quality level Kodaik vehicles.

The Biomech armour cloak will now fit in the correct clothing slot.

The "Rubi-Ka World Collectables" can now be worn on the right finger.

The Balanced Netgun now has the correct icon.

Purchased ammo will now stack with looted ammo.

The superior deflection shields from quality level 105 and up gave too much of an AC modification when used. This was caused by a bug, and we had to lower the modification.

Special arrows have been added to use with the Bow Special Attack skill. The Bow Special Attack requirement has been removed from all bows that had it. You will still need a bow to fire them, but the bow can be of any quality level. This should make this weapon more flexible.

Some armour textures got messed up after un-equipping a vehicle. This has now been fixed.

Game world changes:

Added a new dungeon; Smugglers Den!

The Treepine Hut in Pleasant Meadows is now covered with 100% suppression gas.

The Tir arena has a few changes to the borders around it.

A few graphical glitches in Tir have been fixed

Two places where you could get stuck in Tir have been removed.

We have added special shops for Fixers and Traders.

Some shops have been cleaned up. A few of them still had tradeskill items that we now have specific shops for.

Monster changes:

NPC Nano Technicians have had several nano programs removed, since they made them too powerful.

Some NPCs did not have textures on their weapons. This has been fixed.

A certain large lizard has some new goodies.

Monster AC decreased. There was a bug in the AC of "human" monsters. They got their AC added twice. This has now been fixed, and should a decreased chance of hitting "minimum" damage only.

Nano changes:

The "Team Warp Time and Space" programs have had their descriptions changed. The team side requirement was missing.

All Taunt nanos now inflict a minor amount of damage and now work as they should.

False Profession Engineer and Bureaucrat nanos have had their descriptions changed to clarify their use.

We have decreased the duration of the Agent's Assume and Mimic line of nanos. The Assume line now lasts for 25 minutes and the Mimic line now lasts 20 minutes.

The DoT, Slime Cascade, will no longer occasionally heal the victim.

The following nanos were missing their nano point cost, and will now take the correct amount of nano to execute:

Total Focus (soldier)

Limbo Mastery (martial artist)

Imaginary Distractions (trader)

Mimic Profession: Nano Technician (agent).

All stun nanos will now have their recharge time executed correctly.

It will no longer be possible to break Root nanos during a fight by executing hostile nanos on yourself.

The feedback has been reduced when Speech nanos are executed on you. You will no longer receive a message each time these nanos refresh.

Another size bug with Ruse of Taren has been fixed.

Armour summoned by Fixers should now go in the right slots.

Quantum Wings will no longer terminate when you zone.

Area effect nanos will no longer be non-resistible to anyone who wasn't the original target.

Martial Artist changes:

The martial arts damage output has been increased! The "damage range" has been increased too, so the chance of doing minimum damage only to monsters has decreased.

The martial arts critical have been increased quite a bit. You should no longer envy having a shotgun when you use martial arts as your prime attack.

Blessed with Thunder has been modified slightly. The data for the DoT part of BwT has been changed to correspond with the damage it was actually inflicting - so, the complete damage has not been changed at all. The damage shield segment has been slightly changed and will result in it no longer being possible to stack this aspect of BwT.

Fixed the stun effect on the Bird of Prey special attack. Note: there is only a possibility of achieving a stun with this attack, it won't happen every time.

The animations when using special attacks have been fixed.

Fixer changes:

The Area Burst special attack has been added.

Ohhhhh! Some good stuff in there, my MA friends should be very pleased!

Yeah alot of good news, and a couple of not so good:

- Your team members will no longer share the experience when doing single player missions as a team

Lol how ppl gonna lvl then?

- It will no longer be possible to break Root nanos during a fight by executing hostile nanos on yourself.

God its gonna be boring to stand there 5min each time a NPC roots you in a mission.

Thumbs up

Bwahahahaha!
    What can I say, I hope Funcom realize just _how_ envious I've been of my shottie-totin' friends - and that I now will be envied proportionally as much after this patch

*rubs his (MA)-hands with glee*

Your team members will no longer share the experience when doing single player missions as a team
    Hm... does this mean team missions will be fixed? Or is Funcom just stopping our nasty little levelling habit all together?

--
    Zephora
    AOR
    AORealms

Why? Team missions don't work yet do they?
    Edit: Do they mean mob killin exp or mission reward exp?

Everything else looks marvelous!
    Last edited by WhistlinJoe; Feb 14th, 2002 at 19:59:06.

You should get more "points" from each token at higher levels! This should now better reflect the time it takes to get the tokens at higher levels. Please do not see this as us "deluding" the value of past accomplishments.
    I think Funcom is "deluded" if they think that this doesn't "dilute" past accomplishments. I really don't like the idea of dumbing down tokens. They are hard to get for a reason and people who spend most of their time hunting shouldn't be rewarded like the people who spend their time doing missions for the Clans/OT.

Scorus

MA point of view:

Good:
    -Monster AC decreased. There was a bug in the AC of "human" monsters. They got their AC added twice. This has now been fixed, and should a decreased chance of hitting "minimum" damage only.
    -The martial arts damage output has been increased! The "damage range" has been increased too, so the chance of doing minimum damage only to monsters has decreased.
    -The martial arts critical have been increased quite a bit. You should no longer envy having a shotgun when you use martial arts as your prime attack.
    -The animations when using special attacks have been fixed

Bad:
    -It will no longer be possible to break Root nanos during a fight by executing hostile nanos on yourself.
    -The superior deflection shields from quality level 105 and up gave too much of an AC modification when used. This was caused by a bug, and we had to lower the modification.

Confusing:
    -Blessed with Thunder has been modified slightly. The data for the DoT part of BwT has been changed to correspond with the damage it was actually inflicting - so, the complete damage has not been changed at all. The damage shield segment has been slightly changed and will result in it no longer being possible to stack this aspect of BwT.
    -Your team members will no longer share the experience when doing single player missions as a team

Missing:
    - MA weapons using phys init?
    - bugfix for zoning with weapon in hand
    - bugfix for UNIQUE tag on special attack

If MAs have no way to break roots we can forget about PvP or high level NPC missions.

Originally posted by Zephora

Hm... does this mean team missions will be fixed? Or is Funcom just stopping our nasty little levelling habit all together?

--
    Zephora
    AOR
    AORealms
    No funcom wants everyone to hunt in pvp zones to get ganked by high lvl griefers after they get exp so the griefers will have a trophy to show for it.

"The reward for PvP has been changed. You will now be able to loot all items your opponent has gained since last saving, and you will receive a trophy if the person looses more then 10% of the experience needed to gain a level."

Looks like funcom wants everyone to pvp all the time. so the 13 yr's can tweak and grief to their hearts content and brag, just like in the old days of D2!
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Originally posted by xenomorph
    Looks like funcom wants everyone to pvp all the time. so the 13 yr's can tweak and grief to their hearts content and brag, just like in the old days of D2!
    Ahh yes, good ol D2...ahhh to remember the sound of the "you've been hostiled" effect! Ahhh to bask in the radiance of being pk'ed at every waypoint, and ohhh I so miss the l33t talk! Please, can we have that here too?

--
    Zephora
    AOR
    AORealms

Comments and Clarifications

There is now a chance of getting a special token reward for killing sided monsters.

Does this "special token" have the same effect as regular tokens now? Can it be added to your token board count?

As long as team missions are working I have no problem with this. My guildmates and I have a blast doing missions together now so please make sure team missions are 100% before this change. Please ensure that each team member gets a token for team missions as well.

The Biomech armour cloak will now fit in the correct clothing slot.

Very interesting. This will give some people an alternative to the ubiquitous Decus coats.

Excellent! I have about 275 hard-earned mission tokens and I don't see this change as "deluding" (do you mean "diluting"?) the value of those tokens. There will be a howl from those players who token farmed level 6 characters by /terminating but I have no sympathy for them. Can you also consider some new intermediate level token boards between the 400 board and the 1,000 board?

Monster AC decreased. There was a bug in the AC of "human" monsters. They got their AC added twice. This has now been fixed, and should a decreased chance of hitting "minimum" damage only.

Good.

It will no longer be possible to break Root nanos during a fight by executing hostile nanos on yourself.

I hope the "during a fight" part of this sentence is correct. I mean that once a fight is over, you can still nuke yourself to get rid of roots/slows. Correct?

The feedback has been reduced when Speech nanos are executed on you. You will no longer receive a message each time these nanos refresh.

Good. Any news on 'crat demovitational speeches breaking mez? This effect makes the demotivational speeches essentially useless (or dangerous even).

Good looking patch!

Thanks,
    Last edited by Beria; Feb 14th, 2002 at 20:17:12.
    Mitchell "Beria" Sosnowski
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat

Unhappy This makes me nervous.....

"Your team members will no longer share the experience when doing single player missions as a team "

I hope this is referring to the mission reward XPs only.

I think Funcom is "deluded" if they think that this doesn't "dilute" past accomplishments. I really don't like the idea of dumbing down tokens. They are hard to get for a reason and people who spend most of their time hunting shouldn't be rewarded like the people who spend their time doing missions for the Clans/OT.
    Scorus
    Well now you don't have farm as a newb, and this is great. It was unrealistic for a newb to have 400 tokens, and I think detracted from the whole concept.

Plus it makes missions more attractive. Well solo missions anyway.

I am however very concerned about MA's not being able to break root. We're going to be standing there rooted in missions for 5 minutes after every kill, NOT to MENTION we will now officially have no strategy in PvP vs rooters. None. Stand there and get owned. That sucks. I'm happy overall, but the root thing concerns me. Root is instacast and free to NT's and traders. This means 0 chance of an MA killing them in a typical fight. Again, risk vs reward. I can already hear certain NT's cracking their knuckles to post "wait until it happens before you whine," but let me remind them, anything that removes all risk from the situation is unfair and nerfbait.
    Last edited by Ming; Feb 14th, 2002 at 20:23:13.

Thumbs up W0000T!

Yay finally! Can't wait to get out my poor neglected little MA. It's been way too long. I've levelled a doc from 0-111 since I put Schu away.

/backflip

W0000T!!

Re: 13.8 Preliminary Patch Notes up

Originally posted by Tiran

PHP Code:
    Excellent no deluding at allwhat about 'It may be possible to achieve 1000 tokens.' 

Your team members will no longer share the experience when doing single player missions as a team.

PHP Code:
    I really do hope you DO NOT implement this BEFORE you ADD the TEAM MISSIONSThat would be like you told us to f*** off 

PHP Code:
    Could you at the same time reduce the duration on these then, + reduce the duration and effect on debuffs that affect nanoskillsIt is very unfair that these debuff affect casters onlydont give me s*** about weapons being reduced as well because weapon users dont have to open the program menufind the right nanoprogram menu and try to find a lower spell that workwhen you finally do you wont need it because the debuff runs out when you die... 

PHP Code:
    Can you also make it possible to turn off the spam you recieve if you have a hp or np buff runningeither on yourself or on another char 

When are you ppl putting up a timetable for what fixes will come up approximately when, like 14.0 Fixing fixers, approx ETA early march, then NT fix, approx ETA mid march, Guild houses implementation mid march... etc etc. We dont mind these fixes/implementations being delayed (or even scrapped if we know why), we do mind not knowing if there will ever be a fix/implementation at all. To see what will come in advance, then wait in anticipation for it to arrive, download THAT awaited patch, nervously testing it out and, oh, oh oooo it works YES!!!, (or WTF is this FC, do you call this FIX ???) hehe, either way, dont FC also believe ppl may hang on to this game a bit longer if they KNEW more about what would come and WHEN it approximately would show up. And most of us are grown ups, we can deal with x-mas being dealyed a bit, what we dont like is being treated like 6-yrs olds who are better off not being told anything so they wont expect any not being able to handle delays/dissapointments.

Nanogater
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Small things I'd like to see

Please explain the team missions experience change (nerf)

The thing about demotivational speeches and their root and mez breaking AoE aggro grabbing effects I would really like to see changed. I will not used this new special crat nano line until I can be assured it won't get me killed.

Also, something weird has happened with aggro in the last patch and I'm not sure what is up with it. It wasn't mentionned that I know of. But here's the situation:

My pet with Mudslinger on attacks and gets a mob to half health, with me staying out of Line of Sight. I walk into line of sight and range and I am instantly aggroed, even before I have done damage. This happens very often yet not EVERY time. The mob will hit me a few times and sometimes my pet will be able to aggro him again. My Agg-Def is at about 75%-80%, but even at 100% before, it never used to have that effect.

I hope my earlier post is screened correct for you ppl, at my end it goes way off into the unkown right hand side of my screen...
    NT = Nerfed Technician

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

I would assume that the "no longer sharing experience with teamates in missions" applies only to the reward xp.

There's no mention of team missions so this would be logical.

any eta?
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

Just in case, hope this is working...

Originally posted by Tiran

PHP Code:
    Excellent no deluding at all
    what about 'It may be possible to achieve 1000 tokens.' 

Your team members will no longer share the experience when doing single player missions as a team.

PHP Code:
    I really do hope you DO NOT implement this 
    BEFORE you ADD the TEAM MISSIONS

That would be like you told us to f*** off 

PHP Code:
    Could you at the same time reduce the duration on these then
    reduce the duration and effect on debuffs that affect nanoskills

It is very unfair that these debuff affect casters only
    dont give me s*** about weapons being reduced as well 
    because weapon users dont have to open the program menu

find the right nanoprogram menu 
    and try to find a lower spell that work
    when you finally do you wont need it 
    because the debuff runs out when you 
    die... 

PHP Code:
    Can you also make it possible to turn off the spam you recieve 
    if you have a hp or np buff running
    either on yourself or on another char 

When are you ppl putting up a timetable for what fixes will come up approximately when, like 14.0 Fixing fixers, approx ETA early march, then NT fix, approx ETA mid march, Guild houses implementation mid march... etc etc. We dont mind these fixes/implementations being delayed (or even scrapped if we know why), we do mind not knowing if there will ever be a fix/implementation at all. To see what will come in advance, then wait in anticipation for it to arrive, download THAT awaited patch, nervously testing it out and, oh, oh oooo it works YES!!!, (or WTF is this FC, do you call this FIX ???) hehe, either way, dont FC also believe ppl may hang on to this game a bit longer if they KNEW more about what would come and WHEN it approximately would show up. And most of us are grown ups, we can deal with x-mas being dealyed a bit, what we dont like is being treated like 6-yrs olds who are better off not being told anything so they wont expect any not being able to handle delays/dissapointments.

Nanogater
    NT = Nerfed Technician

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast