Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Finding GA Guide.. =P

nope.
    once the missions have been rolled you can even leave the team if you want.

Nope

Once you roll them you can leave the team
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------
    Proud member of (AO) Alpha Omega (AO) (RK2)

A couple questions, since it seems that things have changed since the latest patch...

Have GA disks been dropping as loot, or in chests as solo missions as well as team missions? Also, from what I understand, solo or team, the recommended range of missions to find one is 55-60 (for MK-I), correct?

Also, in Lush Fields where is this Claw Camp you guys speak of? I'm looking at a map but I have no idea where it is. Would it be possible for a 61 MA to solo these guys one on one assuming up to date heals, implants, nanos, etc?

I'm a fresh player, and an even more fresh Fixer. It isn't my undying quest to get a GA disk, but I would certainly like to give it a try and it seems as if my MA is just at the right level to find what I need. Not that my Fixer is anywhere near where I would have him be before I used it, but Ryandrey is bored and needs something to do anyway.

*EDIT* -- I'm sorry if these are questions that may have already been asked at some point. But I've gone through this forum for all the information that I can find and it seems like a lot of it is stale because of the recent patch.
    Last edited by Mykl; May 9th, 2003 at 06:26:29.
    DrSpoon (37 doc)

This is a bump, but I'm throwing a little comment in, too.

Anyone else ever found GA on a regular mob in a mission? I found my GA I disk on a Penpod Lurer (I think that is their name) on a 60ish solo mission (about a month ago). Weird, eh?

Originally posted by Nebohtes
    This is a bump, but I'm throwing a little comment in, too.

Anyone else ever found GA on a regular mob in a mission? I found my GA I disk on a Penpod Lurer (I think that is their name) on a 60ish solo mission (about a month ago). Weird, eh?
    Not weird at all.
    Penpods are a well-known disk-dropping (and GA-dropping) mob. If you had a mission containing these or plant-type mobs, you should loot more discs than from a mission full of normal human mobs. They are in the same GA-hunting category with plants and shades.
    -=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator
    Member of The Mocker's Naked, Co-ed, Full contact, Drunken, Synchronized Blitzing Team

-=The Mockers=-

61 MA too low IMO

If you had backup maybe. But the problem with claws is that they

1) Hit hard

2) Always attack in numbers

It's very hard to pull just one. As a fixer I kited them, and GA discs do drop there, but it's a sucky boring camp and ppl hate it. I myself found a GA disc in a mission (off a regular human mob, level 70ish).. but I'd say after patch IMO you are better off sticking to missions.
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------

Oh and .. wooooot

Got my GA4 on the other day at lvl 112. It's at 75%. Took me 2 infuses (MM & MC) and a 120 wrangle. I am going to implant MC and get a higher QL of imps (currently only have QL 125ish imps) and I hope to be 100% and only need infuses -or- a wrangle to cast (and not both).

Only thing that sucks is I will probably lose Partial Grid Jump in the switch. But who cares? lol.
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------

My GA- finds:

Before latest Patch:

GA I: Soloing 55 TeamMission. Found in first Chest i looted.
    GA III: 133 SoloMission. Found in a Chest.

After latest Patch:

GA I: 58 SoloMission. Found in a Box at entrance.
    GA II: Soloing 89 TeamMission. Found in a Chest.
    GA IV: 135 SoloMission. Found on a Dead Corpse.

5 GA Discs and none from a mob.
    --------------------- Tac ---------------------

(Atlantean)

wow dude I think you get the prize

Luckiest toon on Rubi-ka! lol
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------

Originally posted by Tacscope
    My GA- finds:

Before latest Patch:

GA I: Soloing 55 TeamMission. Found in first Chest i looted.
    GA III: 133 SoloMission. Found in a Chest.

After latest Patch:

GA I: 58 SoloMission. Found in a Box at entrance.
    GA II: Soloing 89 TeamMission. Found in a Chest.
    GA IV: 135 SoloMission. Found on a Dead Corpse.

5 GA Discs and none from a mob.
    Dude, you should have spent your luck on the biggest damn lottery you could find! :-)

I have found 2 GA3 discs. Both were found in January of this year with different characters.

The first was found off a boss in a team mission in Andromeda.
    I was the only fixer in the team yippy!

The second was found while I was farming for CDS on borg mountain in avalon for my fixer until he could cast the GA3.

Yes. I found a GA3 disc off a borg. Believe me I was completely shocked too.

Anyway...My fixer is now 176 and still looking for the elusive GA4.

Grats to all you lucky fixers that have found it though.

Lescot

Does it still work?

Lemme get this straight, since the patch, are GA dropping more or less? It sounds like before the patch, people were mostly getting them off team mission bosses, but now it sounds like people are alos getting them in solo missions off mobs and in chests. Are these methods still as good as they were before the patch?

Good question.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

indeed

they are dropping more now, and prices are dropping also since only in old rubika they will be useful, not when you cross into shadowlands. no grid=no grid armor in that place...

I found my GA 1 Disk on the third mission that I actively searched for it.

Level 56 mission pulled from Trade, mission at Harry's.
    Sliders were RLRLRL

It was in a box on the floor.

I got my Grid Armor Mk IV last night. Here's the story:

A friend with a high level NT is leveling up a trader. She was looking for some better armor and perhaps some trader nanos so she decided to calm some missions. She asked on our alliance bot if anyone wanted to help her loot in a few calm missions, QL141. Since that's right around the right level for GAIV, and I wasn't doin anything else, so I said I'd go so long as I got dibs on any GA drops, totally just screwing around. We met up and headed into the mission.... the FIRST CHEST Demona66 cracked dropped a GA IV. Right after I stopped having a panic attack, she traded it over to me.
    Aameul - Fixer - RK1
    Hethradiah - Keeper - RK1

This post is way to late but still

was a neutral fixer to lvl60 and i found 3 ga1 at 3 diffrent ql60 solo mish first 2 i found in 30min of gameplay blitz at lvl 56 the 3hird i found at lvl 59

Newland desert
    Warmint woods

so it seems that as a neutral you prob will find stuff earlier than omni or clan but it is hard as no tomorrow to find team as neutral fixer though but if you want to find ga fast neutral is the way to go

Btw i wasnt even looking for ga1 except for the 3thd one for a friend

Found GA 2

I found a GA 2 ID on a corpse in a ql 82 solo mish in Wailing Wastes while token farming.
    Bhuvan, Fixer of Remedy of Rimor
    Current Equipment

Maybe this suggestion has already popped up, but, I think this thread should get a sticky, maybe it will help a bit with all these other How to find GA threads and leave us with a little less flaming to do

Woot GA IV ID today using the suggestions here! (well almost)

Solo ql 137 Miss in BS

Found in a Skeleton (or maybe it was a corpse)
    Last edited by Ruthie; Jun 9th, 2003 at 05:52:07.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast