Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Finding GA Guide.. =P

Probably best to do with your doctor.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Just found GA2 ID on a QL94 boss pulled from a QL89 mission. All I can say is stick with team missions from rolled from full teams. Anything less than a full team is a waste of time.

Yea class is no matter

I found GA4 with my Doc =)
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------
    Proud member of (AO) Alpha Omega (AO) (RK2)

<----I think my CDS is all that.

Nice thread though. Helpful, informative.
    More power to the non-twinks looking for this disk..and the best of luck. Better to find it than have to be gouged by some punk.

Cashe - rk2

Originally posted by Mr_Smiley
    I'd like to try this method of getting GA, but my fixer isn't high enough to kill the bosses easily. This may be a stupid question, but would killing the boss with my MA still be just as good in finding the discs?
    You'll likely have better luck with your Doc...

After months and months and months of searching... I've determined that Greed Armour has a flag on it:

IfTargetLootingProfessionEqualsFixerThenReduceSpaw nChance=375%

I hold no ties to any faction.

I am Clan, only because it suits my purposes. I will not fight your war for you, as it is not my war. Unless it benefits me.
    I am not Omni, as I am not a sheep. I have individual thoughts and feelings and I do not take orders well.
    I am not Neutral as I believe in taking any advantage offered to me.

I go where the winds take me. I believe in absolute freedom. I sell to the highest bidder, no matter their affiliation.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

Just want too say thx for the tips, found a GA IV after only 7 or 8 missions
    Edit: Mission was ql 124

/Beffe
    Last edited by Beffe; Apr 13th, 2003 at 23:13:16.

What we need to do is organize teams of fixers but using this method. Full team of fixers, each one goes to his own zone and pulls three mish's a piece.. Blitz's and kills boss, rinse repeat.. Would kill the hassle of finding a team when all you want to do is just look for GA. Just bought GA for a friend and looking forward to using this to find my own. Great thread and thanks for sharing with us all.

-Jooglebit

yeah. i would go with the above idea. been trying to organise one, but u need to find fixers. the other profs just don't get the idea of hunting for ga as we ga obsessed fixers do
    LOOK. IM EDITING *EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT *EDIT* ----- did you see this before when you first refreshed????? no...
    does it have the edit flag on it?.... no

We tried that

One mission was bugged.. but we did 5. Me and a guild fixer got 4 more guild members to join our team, we rolled and no luck

=(

He was looking for GA4 and I GA3.

I'll find it eventually....
    Last edited by Xhardoc; Apr 15th, 2003 at 01:05:24.
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------
    Proud member of (AO) Alpha Omega (AO) (RK2)

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg, about to loose my mind

Hate to read "I found one on my 3rd boss, and 5th, and even 10th....."

Im way over 50 ql 60bosses, without finding anything, not a pppe, no ns, no ga1

Goiiiing crazy!

Btw if anyone need tons of sekutek, kirch, dillon, padded I probly got the whole set x3 by now,.....
    Last edited by Grimloch; Apr 15th, 2003 at 10:02:14.

Originally posted by Noob

Btw if anyone need tons of sekutek, kirch, dillon, padded I probly got the whole set x3 by now,.....
    Yeah, I could use a set of Sekutek and Kirch. Are you on Rk1?

My atrox fixer can't use nova dillon, otherwise those are great when you need a few more points to equip something.

Good luck with your hunt. Don't burn yourself out.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

sigh. after many many boss blitz, i have been unlucky, but earned enough plus a loan to buy ga

so am now using ga to blizt for ga 1 and 2
    hopefully my luck changes. else i'll be forever buying...
    LOOK. IM EDITING *EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT *EDIT* ----- did you see this before when you first refreshed????? no...
    does it have the edit flag on it?.... no

Originally posted by Beffe
    Just want too say thx for the tips, found a GA IV after only 7 or 8 missions
    Edit: Mission was ql 124

/Beffe
    no way =-)
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

This doesn't work in 10 missions. You guys have just been lucky. It haven't worked in those a little over 100 missions I've done with exact same settings and full teams.

Grats to those who got their GA's though, maybe this will lower the prices :P
    Sputtnick is a 200 doc. Pretty much retired, like all other characters I have.

Triplef did 933 Team missions looking for GA. Now he's retired.

Sarlos, good for calming missions.

Skage, next in line.

Great Guide.

Blitzed lvl 91-93 bosses (Around 100 of them) no luck on GA2, and while doing that I lvld up to lvl112.

Then I rolled 3(!) QL100 missions, blitzed up to boss killed his guards and boom GA3 dropped on the second boss (Boss Dropping was LVL103 MP mob), so I'm a happy Ga3 fixer now, still lvl112 for some ql200 blitzing. OE without mocchies but it might change with QL200 imps and 3-4 lvls.

Its not level-dependant...

I was in a lvl 168 full- team mission in BS 3 weeks ago, with a 6% fixer-loot bonus (I rolled) and I was wearing the GA1 I had purchased not a week before. Made it to the boss, and lo and behold... GA4!!!! It was rolled... ugh... but a fellow guildie won it, some1 without a fixer to her name. After debating a few days whether to sell it for the retail price of 700 million credits, she kindly sold it to me, for 100 mill plus any blitzed items she asks for. I think its a sweet deal
    still looking for GA 2 and 3, since GA4 equipping @ lvl 114 is so difficult... (at 115, with 150+ specialized imps, premium wrangle, 3 mochams and 3 general buffs, ill be able to wear this smurf's wet dream...for 6 hours...) plus i dont want to be in pvp world and get debuffed outta my GA4, and resort to nakedness or only GA1... thatd suck

This method works...*cheesy title*

Bravo, this method is as tried and true as ppl say. Me and a guildie blitzed 2 missions in this fashion, no luck. BUT, i teamed with only 2 other ppl in my guild and did the rest according to procedure...blitzed a ql 111 mish got a lvl 116 boss and behold GA MKIII, this is only the 3rd team mission i have ever blitzed and I came out of it with GA MKIII. This is sticky material. GA prices from here on will plummet, and the fixer ranks will grow more err...clonelike...but GA will be cheap! You da' man!

Talking

Well...
    I have tried lots if not all of the above methods of getting GA and so far no GA.
    At lvl170 i`d almost given up on ever finding or affording GA, and was looking for my complete set of ql200 CDS.
    then one really nice day i went on a 2 person lvl187 team mission
    with alpha loot.
    I got the loot on a normal (not boss) doctor mob (orange to me)and shock of shocks pinch me i`m dreaming....
    a summon grid armour IV disc.
    all through the rest of the mission i had to keep checking my bag
    so heres my method for getting GA...

forget all about it!
    tell people you have given up on it!
    say you would never wear it if you are lucky enough to find it!
    then just do your normal missions solo or team with just 1 friend who would not begrudge you GA

i`m not saying you will find it any more then the other methods listed here but thats how i found it

p.s. yes i am wearing it, you bet

about droping, boss loot or not : i guildie got a GA4 disk yesterday from a level 146 miss ... he was solo...he found the disk when looting a single mob (no boss, just a "dumb" mob) He is a fixer..and the mob he killed was a fixer aswell

must be doing something wrong....

im over 100+ missions now, no ga1

this is what I do, ql 58 mission, full bad, full order, full money, 25% phys

I roll mission in bliss, gets in RS aegean

5-6 player teams all the time

anyone got any tip to add cause this is getting really really boring

Got about 20m from the boss drop only weaps, but still long way to go....

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast