Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Finding GA Guide.. =P

Talking Finding GA Guide.. =P

EDIT: Since the well known "mission patch" this method is now being debated as defunct. This has not been proven nor un-proven, but is in constant discussion. I would suggest reading through the most recent replies before you decide to follow this method which worked for me before the missions changed so dramatically, along with (apperently) the loot tables.

I have had a bit of luck with finding GA. So far I have found on my own, GA1 and GA4. I did not "stumble" on it, or even camp for weeks. I intentionally got missions aimed at finding it.

Here's my methods, that seem to have worked twice, and I am still trying to find GA3, btw.

I join a team, and do a team mission (full team is best). But, before heading to the mission, I visit a mission terminal and grab my own missions to solo for later. You can do this with team's permission if you like, they usually don't care unless they want to line up more than one mission. I usually go to a diff zone and roll so people in my team don't get key confusion.

Here's the level rule. /tell helpbot <yourlevel> to see what you can roll. Discs are QL 60 for GA1, 93 for GA2, 116 for GA3, 140 for GA4. Take the mission one "set" lower than the target QL. This means, a QL 109 mission will have roughly a QL 116 boss, hence higher chance of a 116 disc being on the body. Edit: The reason you do this in a FULL team is that a "Full Team" mission boss drops more loot than if you are just teamed with one other person. =)

(On a strange sidenote, I found my GA4 off a QL 117 boss, so it's not an exact science.)

The mission settings I used both times was Full Bad, Full Order, Full Money, and the Phys slider towards Phys at 25% (for the whole bar) ---|---'------

So then all you do is blitz right to the boss ignoring the mobs and hope your GA is on the remains. For GA1 I killed maybe 15-20 bosses. And for GA4, I went through about 20 or more. I think camping and dynas are overratted and missions are much more interesting.

But anyways, hope all that helps, and if you're a camper, might relieve some stress from the routine.
    Last edited by Xhardoc; May 13th, 2003 at 21:47:29.
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------
    Proud member of (AO) Alpha Omega (AO) (RK2)

good post
    found my own GA1 on a ql55 mission
    bought GA2
    i also found a GA4 off a ql125 mission on the boss
    and am now doing the same, soloing ql107-110 team missions looking fro GA3
    Last edited by tasker1; Mar 25th, 2003 at 17:15:48.
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

in other news, i tried this exact approach a couple weeks ago, and ended up with half a dozen of the ql93 adventurer fang of the snake discs.

so, definitely not exact science. but probably the most reliable of the methods i've heard.

Good informative thread. I wonder why I never thought of rolling team missions while I was waiting in my team :P

Bookmarked for future reference.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Originally posted by Cronos
    I wonder why I never thought of rolling team missions while I was waiting in my team :P
    [/B]
    So do I.
    I will now quit doing only blitz boss of mission i took from teaming with someone and blitz mission i get from a complete team after doing a team miss... you level and you get better chance of finding GA (disc drop rate increase with numbers of team members you have).

Xhardoc, one quick question : how much disc did you usually get from boss for a complete team ? (never try to look into that).
    Aegnora
    -----------
    Aegnora, most Beautiful fixer on rk2
    Member of Storm Guard
    Self proclamed goddess of many things
    The price to pay for peace and freedom is war, sad but true. we've made our choice knowing that.
    ------------
    Got GA2, GA3, looking for ga4

I can now answer to this. I believe you should find a disc for each member. I, just a little more than 30 minutes ago, found my GA4! I rolled 2 missions while waiting with a full team, ql 125. They both were in BS, but not the gridding area, around the whompa area. They both had level 133 trader bosses who constantly plundered my GA2 to 25%-75% oe. After killing the second one, which had a red aura, I found *gasp omg omg* ga4! This is with less than 10 tries in the right ql missions for ga4. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. Hands are still trembling a little omg. I shall now start giving away money to noobs (I'm talking large amounts) and do community service

/Fixanox, 140 fixer, finder of GA4.

Thanks for your guide, or else I might not have taken those missions tonight!
    Cronoco

Woot!!!!

Grats man! I told you it's totally doable, just be persistent. /me straps down and goes out in search of GA3 again.

(gotta fight the urge to level the fixer).. but Xhar, you gimped your ranged skills, you need to ding and get that QL 150 manex on. (must find GA3) .. Manex.. (GA 3!)

Think of the above conversation as being in the vein of Golem... hehe
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------
    Proud member of (AO) Alpha Omega (AO) (RK2)

Grats Cronos.. there is no better feeling in this game than finding GA when you are looking for it.

rofl kudos to Xhar for getting Cron to pull those missions

(grats too Cron)
    Stromm - Stop it with the PvP damage nerf whining. AO doesn't need the Geneva Convention.

<3 <3 <3, fap?

Gratz Cronos

Bah cracking here, can't seem to find my ga3 (two weeks now)
    find some NS disks tho so i try to buy it if anyone will sell one for 200M (still got one NS to throw in)...

3 NS1 and 1 NS2 disk, strange loot table for a fixer .
    Aegnora
    -----------
    Aegnora, most Beautiful fixer on rk2
    Member of Storm Guard
    Self proclamed goddess of many things
    The price to pay for peace and freedom is war, sad but true. we've made our choice knowing that.
    ------------
    Got GA2, GA3, looking for ga4

Grats Cronos. I have not found my GA yet but when I found NS1 a few days ago I had that same trembly feeling

(a *small* triumph... but a triumph none-the-less).

How to take down the boss?

Just to clarify for myself since I can be a bit dense sometimes...

I should get a full team and then get my team missions. And then blitz to boss. And at lvl 84 with a 75% GA2 on I can kill the mission boss? Any tips on how to take down the bosses would be appreciated

And the QL missions to take should be:
    GA1 = 55-58 ??
    GA2 = (already have)
    GA3 = 107-110 ??
    GA4 = 120-125 ??

I guess the point of the post is to learn how to take down the bosses, and what methods work best. I hate blitzing to a boss and not being able to kill it.
    To tailor to me specifically, I am lvl 84 and have 75% GA2 and a MCS QL 116. I have the HoTs Detailed Medical Claim and Blackmarket Presciption. I am still about 1-2lvls from 'Major Supressor' nano.

*I am at work, so dont know about what missions I can take. If someone can tell me I would appreciate it. (I would like to get all the GA nanos just to try and get every fixer nano)

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh yeah, GRATS Cronos!
    "They always talk of my drinking....
    but they never speak of my thirst."

If the Iron Reet is outside all day long, do you think it has rusty nuts?

Elonn
    RK1 Omni Fixer

stupid noob question here sorry, but what is NS disk?

NS=Nullity Sphere

Comes in 2 flavors MK1 and MK2, its a NT Nano.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha what a stupid noob!!!

Course I just asked that same exact question in another thread not 2min ago

I'm a stupid noob too!

Elonn
    RK1 Omni Fixer

If you have GA you can try going full-def so that the bosses miss you enough for the HoTs to heal up most of the damage.
    Also remember to clear out the room with the boss teleporter.
    Go down/up/sideways or where ever the teleporter puts you to heal up.
    If you aren't still in combat use the normal treatment and nano kits and rush back QUICKLY!
    If you aren't considered being in combat means the boss isn't either and he/she/it heals very fast.
    If you find yourself still in combat you use battle-prepared kits (be prepared to buy a lot of them) and make sure you refresh your buffs. The boss will hardly have regained any health at all.
    Beware those bosses that summons you, they do that even if you're on another floor.

Gratz to you Chronos
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

I acctually belive both disc and nano GA4 is ql 130 although all databases report it to be ql 140... Was awhile since i saw one ingame but i remeber finding it odd then. Anyone seen one recently who can confirm?

Originally posted by Krax
    I acctually belive both disc and nano GA4 is ql 130 although all databases report it to be ql 140... Was awhile since i saw one ingame but i remeber finding it odd then. Anyone seen one recently who can confirm?
    I had one in my inventory. Sorry, its ql 140.
    Cronoco

Re: How to take down the boss?

Originally posted by Elonn
    Just to clarify for myself since I can be a bit dense sometimes...

I should get a full team and then get my team missions. And then blitz to boss. And at lvl 84 with a 75% GA2 on I can kill the mission boss? Any tips on how to take down the bosses would be appreciated

And the QL missions to take should be:
    GA1 = 55-58 ??
    GA2 = (already have)
    GA3 = 107-110 ??
    GA4 = 120-125 ??

I guess the point of the post is to learn how to take down the bosses, and what methods work best. I hate blitzing to a boss and not being able to kill it.
    To tailor to me specifically, I am lvl 84 and have 75% GA2 and a MCS QL 116. I have the HoTs Detailed Medical Claim and Blackmarket Presciption. I am still about 1-2lvls from 'Major Supressor' nano.

*I am at work, so dont know about what missions I can take. If someone can tell me I would appreciate it. (I would like to get all the GA nanos just to try and get every fixer nano)

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh yeah, GRATS Cronos!
    Definitely get a better ql MCS (maybe ql 160'ish), and remember that soldiers can give you riot control, traders can boost your SMG by 132. (usually ask for 131 so they don't have to team with you though)

At level 84, your GA2 will be good for a lot longer. At level 140 I was just starting to look for it, I didn't see any pressing urge to upgrade. Definitely get your supressors in line, if theres a nanoskill you put points into, psymod and sensimp are good ones. GA4 can technically be found in lower ql missions too, its quite random. ql 129 team mission makes a ql 140 boss, which has the best chance of dropping grid armor. After that the bosses will probably be dropping higher ql discs, so GA4 would be less likely...or something. Wait until whatever GA your blitzing for involves killing yellow boss mobs though, you don't need to make it more than what it is, an unchallenging lottery :P

Since you have GA2 I wouldn't suggest getting GA3, just skip, but as I said, that comes further in the future. Usually people with GA4 in their inventory before title 4 (even in title 4) are twinks.

Edit: I am not a twink
    Edit: Thanks for the gratzing people
    Edit: Cause I spell like a drunken pirate sometimes :P
    Last edited by Cronos; Mar 29th, 2003 at 01:01:33.
    Cronoco

thanks Cronos for the added info!

I guess I can wait until I hit some higher levels to try to get more GA discs

Elonn
    RK1 Omni Fixer

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast