Thread: Neutrals Violated!

Neutrals Violated!

Im a neutral fixer.

I was out hunting, and dropped into the Lush Fields Omni OP
    to sell my loot , and as soon as i walked out the door ( I yal'd in)
    The guards blew me away, and I lost 50 k Xp. Luckily i had recently levelled or it would have been a LOT more.

Why did they shoot me? I'm neutral. This seems ridiculous to me.
    My character was neutral precisely in order to be able to travel everywhere, without being sucked into the conflict.

If i but my Agg bar on full def, will they still attack me?

I need answers, and I need this ridiculous situation changed!

Respect Neutrality!
    JimmySav , Neutral Fixer RK-2
    "Jim'll Fix it for you...."

CEO Rubika Asset Management
    "Jimmy's back, and this time, its personal!"

Angry Neutrals are now targets!

I was starting to identify with the Clans. Starting to feel their pain and frustration with Omni-Tek. With recent developments in Sabulum and most recently with the Voice being shutdown. It also seemed we all had a common enemy in the Dust Brigade but it looked as if Omni-Tek has decided it was all Clans. I was starting to really feel close to choosing a side in this conflict.

Still being a neutral I took a missions in West Athens - namely to find and return stolen Clan property from an Omni hide-out in the city of West Athens. I grab my gear and head for the city. I soon zone into Old Athens and proceed to the west exit where I'm punked by some (RED) clan NPC. Quite shocked I kept running for the exit to my peril. The Clan Guards decided that they should help their Clanmate and finish me off with a 4k burst to my head. Needless to say, I deleted the mission as soon as my insurance kicked in. Find your own damn stolen property.

This is an OUTRAGE. I started thinking, if these are the true colors of the clans they are no better than Omni-Tek. Both sides hold little regard for life, freedom, or the right to choose. I was SO close to making a choice. Now, I'm glad I waited.

As a neutral I can not open fire on anyone unless attacked first. Did the Clan guard care? NO - it's obvious I could not have started this altercation. The Clan NPC should of been arrested or gunned down. I guess you Clanners like death and mayhem in your cities.

Neutral cities are open to all. You can shop in our shops, our guards are used for sport by clan an Omni alike and you don't see our NPC's punking your ass if you zone into Newland City or Borealis. Killing Neutrals is not a good way to make them want to join you in your cause (or lack thereof).

My decision has been made - I hope you all, both Clan and Omni alike, burn in hell for your actions.

If your Clan or Omni don't even think of asking me for a run buff or a wrangle.

-----------------
    Halcyinv2 - Noot Fixer
    MZack2 - Noot Trader

If you want to stay out of things stay out of our outposts.

Its pure simple common sense.

We have to keep tight security, just stay away, no problems.

Sorry.
    I would like to say I myself would never open fire onto a Neutral.

Question Your joking right!?!

Stay out of your outposts? Nice response - we let you come into our cities no questions asked. Your security is fine - but having NPCs punk noots for going to a mission is beyond lame. You would think if you have noots sympathetic to your cause then you'll end up converting more into your fold. It makes 0 sense to use neutrals as *****es to smack around -- I mean it's not like we can attack anyone anyway, so having NPC's attack us is a tad beyond lame.

--------------------
    Halcyinv2
    Mzack

Question You do know that as a Neutral...

...anyone can open fire on you? I mean if you want some peace at least pick a side. You will only have to worry about one attacking you instead of both.

OOC:

The manual did say that playing Neutral was for the hard core players. It is like playing the game on full hard setting. Like my old boss used to tell me, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the fire."

OOC off.

Personally I wouldn't attack a neutral. I think that goes against the whole peace thing doesn't it?

/me wonders why that npc attacked you in the first place...

Wink neutral = hard

Yep - I understand it's harder as a neutral. All NPC's attacking us is still silly and has little logic behind it. I guess that's what bugging me - the utter lack of logic behind the action. However, if i had not been level 7 I would of showed him my vektor and some nice health funnels/deprives.

I DO fully plan on going back once I gain a few levels and give those NPC's what they deserve.

-----------------
    Halcyinv2 - noot fixer
    Mzack & Mzackv2 - noot trader(s)

I agree.

its ridiculous that they fire on neutrals. I know its hard as a neut.
    We dont get mission tokens for starters and cant use about 90% of the shops /mission terms and insurance terms on Rubi.

But the payback (so i thought) was i could travel anywahere and not be bothered by people. But it seems not.

Well thats just F@*#king stupid.

PS Halcyinv2 are you on RK2 , if so send me a tell. Us noot fixers should stick together. I'll help you off those punks who did you in as well.

I agree.

its ridiculous that they fire on neutrals. I know its hard as a neut.
    We dont get mission tokens for starters and cant use about 90% of the shops /mission terms and insurance terms on Rubi.

But the payback (so i thought) was i could travel anywahere and not be bothered by people. But it seems not.

Well thats just F@*#king stupid.

PS Halcyinv2 are you on RK2 , if so send me a tell. Us noot fixers should stick together. I'll help you off those punks who did you in as well. I can probably sort u out some equipment too.

The Clan and Omni guards (luckily) wont attack us on site. HOWEVER, if an npc see's u, they will and then pull guards, slayerdroids and the whole armada onto you so watchya back. Best thing to do is only go to any area where the npc's are grey to you (yeah i know it sucks). From personal experience, who knows why I find I always tend to pull OT Beuracrats...go figure. Might be luck but thats the sods who like taking a peice of me.

Duck and cover guys, we're hated by everyone
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Question Lush OT OP

It seems after repeating my experiment, that most OT and Clan guards will ignore me.... ie in Omni1 and Tir for example....

But when i went to the OT Outpost in Lush Fields, the slayer droids outside it attcked me immediately upon arrival....

I dont understand?! Why them? Why me for that matter?

Interesting Jimmy *dangly dangly* Sav,

Haven't yet been bothered by slayers, the guards are ok "till" I am attacked by some *grumble* npc who then pulls the whole of OT onto my ass, and I've been in just the same Lush Resort area and Outpost as you are it seems. All I can say is "BUGGGG" and it seems to be pretty much on RK2 rather than RK1 (or seems). But who knows, I mighta been lucky and you where unlucky to get an npc on u to pull the slayers....either way we aint at war with OT, or the clans, so why are we prime target number one?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Neutrals

Look at it this way for a moment one possability that could be the reason.

DUST BRIGADE now they are a Neutral faction and are attacking Omni and Clan and Neutral for that matter, but nobody knows who they are or where they hide, maybe just maybe some people on this planet see all Neutral as a threat because no one knows who is a member of this evil faction.

I used to consider that argument for them Missleana, but if it was so then surely we would have recieved something in the VoF or RKT about it....but nope, we aren't targets to anyone still sings from both sides. But by definition the Dusters are not neutral, and whoever dreamed that up should be slapped hard. Lets face is, neutral by definition means we dont take a side, infact the Dusters our an exact mirror of what it is to be neutral. They are in fact best aligned to "Anarchist".
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

OOC

ALL OOC

I'm not sure if you all have heard, but there seems to be some sort of hack/exploit out there that FC hasn't been able to find and squash yet that makes the guards go haywire and attack peaple regardless of alignment. I've had my OT comrades cut down by OT guards quite a few times, and I remember hanging out in Newland and hearing a Clanner complain he was cut down by Clan guards. I doubt it's your alignment, I think you were just the victoms of this hack/exploit (which I wouldn't acknowledge existed if I hadn't heard it come from Funcom's mouth)

Then again, last time I played a Nuet was while the Amnesty was in place.

OOC OFF

Originally posted by Nyadach
    I used to consider that argument for them Missleana, but if it was so then surely we would have recieved something in the VoF or RKT about it....but nope, we aren't targets to anyone still sings from both sides. But by definition the Dusters are not neutral, and whoever dreamed that up should be slapped hard. Lets face is, neutral by definition means we dont take a side, infact the Dusters our an exact mirror of what it is to be neutral. They are in fact best aligned to "Anarchist".

I'm sorry if it sounded like it did but i didn't mean anything to upset any neutral and as i said some people might see you as a threat and yes the DUSTERS as you call them are not the standard Neutral alligned persons, but they are alligned neutral.

Lets put it another way Omni vs Clan some people will attack the opposite just for the fun of it and because they are alligned a particular side. The DUSTERS have attacked both Clan and Omni so the NPC's from both sides when they see a Netutral person doing their daily routeen do they see an inocent or a member of an evil faction. Does Omni see a friendly Clanner or does he see an enemy and must shoot on sight, the answear is Enemy so NPC's might also see Neutral people as an enemy.
    Clan and Omni gaurds and Clan and Omni alligned do not see you as a target but the general NPC's that roam RK might .
    I'ts not my opinion its just 1 in countless possibilitys but RK has got a war going on and inocent people will always get killed neutral people will not beable to stay out of the conflict because you will have to go through an alligned city or you will be for ever stuck Netural land and you never know when things will heat up.

Since the amnesty broke down, the guards sometimes attack random people for no reason. Even people of their own alignment... Maybe the guards just get bored?

I know a couple of clanners who's been attacked by guards in Athen too, and on several occasions I've had to defend some newbie clanners or neutrals from some maddened npc in our cities, who suddenly attacks innocents...

And no, actually DB is clan. They have attacked several clanners (including me), but they're still clan aligned... (Bunch of madmen in my opinion)

Originally posted by Missleana
    I'm sorry if it sounded like it did but i didn't mean anything to upset any neutral and as i said some people might see you as a threat and yes the DUSTERS as you call them are not the standard Neutral alligned persons, but they are alligned neutral.
    Sorry about firing back a bit hard too, it's just something thats been eating at me the past few weeks that how can The Mr Sheen Brigade be neuts, as by defination they aint. But hey ho. If thats the reason FC stats for us being fired upon than I would just like them to come out and state it and not hide behing guesses and "we didn't know neuts where being shot at" excuse. FC, we are being shot at by NPCs and we don't like it. If the reason is the Dusters than say so, if not then say its a bug and get it sorted. But a little input in writing one way or the other would be very handy here.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Unhappy There was a warning

Though I am not glad about the current situation - who likes to be attacked simply because of it's 'alignment'? - I have to state some things:

There was a warning for Neutrals to stay out of faction areas. The whole(?) patch day 13.6 or 13.7 they gave a warning message on the Funcom channel. Something about: 'Neutrals are adviced to stay within their territory'. Even a warning about erratic violation against Neutrals (by NPCs).

RP wise, I would say, this is really consequential and solid. After the the Dusters attacked with such an intensity and cruelty I would shoot at everything that doesn't look like my own folks as well.
    /OOC Well, actually I wouldn't do it personally, but I would expect that guarding forces like police and soldiers are highly restrictive.

I am a wanderer, so I quite often hit different playfields. I have been attacked by faction NPCs in Varmint Woods. Those were 'real' NPCs, means wandering MOBs. No 'functional' NPCs have attacked me on their own so far. I was very afraid of landing aside of this deep red OT Shock Trooper (they look impressive) in 4 Holes, but he ignored me completly. No guards nor other non wandering faction NPCs attacked me so far. Maybe I should check the Slayers in Lush.

So long,

Max(imilian) - Factions is for the weak
    100% curious

Re: There was a warning

I know what you mean Max, but what are the Neuts? FC has made it clear we arn't backed by anyone, which is why we don't get Superior NFs for example. Fair enough. So every Neuts is basically an individual, free to do what he likes. Effectively we are our own entities, we have true freedom, we could even be seen as being our own one man faction (or multi if you have a guild). But in a simple move they basically automatically said that if your not with us, we'll shoot on u. Which is also fair enough if they came out and actually issued a statement saying that OT or the Clans are at war with all neuts. But of cause they can't do that as they've both claimed to be protecting us. Heck this is complex!
    Anyhow, they are protecting us by shooting at us (haha), and as for a warning for us all to stay in Newlands and Borealis its a joke. We need to move, we are as said before the only side with true Freedom on this planet. And thats the Freedom to move. Yes it comes at a risk, but when every mission has me travelling all over the planet, I know I havent a choice....and even if I did I would not stay locked up in Newlands or Borealis submitting to their tubthumping and supposed reasons. Their reasons arn't just and they know it!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Westside

well well I had some of that npc attacks.
    Story:
    Zoned into old athens, headed off to the eastside..dippin in and out of buildings following the yellow brick road(yellow meter)when I ran into a nice lil npc. He cast fire on me(hmm his mistake i thought) So In rage said Westside fool and slapped him with deprive cause if I remember he was also a trader...then I smaked his Lil clan npc rump back with two shots of my Vektor....and as he hit the floor I WESTSIDE BI@**# and ran of to my mission..
    end story:

well if any of yall are on RK1 my char is Ponme ...trader neut
    made her cause i wanted to travel places.. now that my clan char cant go a damn place
    Last edited by Morphialia; Feb 20th, 2002 at 20:42:57.