Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reality Check OOC

Originally posted by Uwen
    Shuld, you money grubbing company bastard, you paid alot? Ah come on, thats not the OmniTek way!
    Quite to the contrary you naive rabble-rouser, the corporation takes care of its loyal employees by providing us with the highest quality goods at low personal cost. Not to mention apartments that have baisic sanitation as well as running water. I'd tell you how much it cost me but now I'm afraid I would spark some kind of mass defection ((Of course it would most likely be a noob defection, looking for "kredzplz!!!!!" but hey, Omni-Tek is everyone's friend, even spastic beggers)). Then the whole of Rome would have to hear Bliqz complain about the stench for weeks on end, and for some reason I don't say I would completely blame him for complaining.

((Uwen and I will eventually hijack this thread beyond all repair, hell, we'll hijack it beyond all recognition while we're at it, just pray we don't delve into the mysteries of 1337 again.))

Feel free by all means, I said what I had to, just keeps the thread up high so I don't have to repeat anything OOC.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

((This thread gave me a headache.. How can someone simply explaining themselves and apologizing turn into a flame war?...I took everything Lex said IC. Whether or not I agree or disagree with the way it was done isn't my call. I have no right to tell someone how to RP. It may have gone a wee bit far but some ppl RP to the extreme and you have to take the good with the bad. The only thing that really sucks about it is the thread being locked and I don't think Lex meant for that to happen..

But other than my utter confusion (what else is new?) I would like to wish you the best of luck Lex and just in case you didn't play the beta, let you know that Shadowbane sucks. It is deffinatly not a girl oriented game.. I mean.. You have to run so far to buy clothes!!!

And damnit.. everyone cheer up and have fun!!))
    Last edited by Tristalyn; Mar 22nd, 2003 at 16:15:20.
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

Originally posted by Shuldrich

Quite to the contrary you naive rabble-rouser, the corporation takes care of its loyal employees by providing us with the highest quality goods at low personal cost. Not to mention apartments that have baisic sanitation as well as running water. I'd tell you how much it cost me but now I'm afraid I would spark some kind of mass defection ((Of course it would most likely be a noob defection, looking for "kredzplz!!!!!" but hey, Omni-Tek is everyone's friend, even spastic beggers)). Then the whole of Rome would have to hear Bliqz complain about the stench for weeks on end, and for some reason I don't say I would completely blame him for complaining.

((Uwen and I will eventually hijack this thread beyond all repair, hell, we'll hijack it beyond all recognition while we're at it, just pray we don't delve into the mysteries of 1337 again.))

Mass defection? Go ahead! I don't want all those punk fake clanners around anyway! Go ahead, tell 'em how you paid 6 credits less than the norm And Rome smelling? Nah, OmniReform would surely give them all a thorough cleansing before allowing them into Rome.
    ((Yeah, we're tag team thread hijackers ))
    Last edited by Uwen; Mar 22nd, 2003 at 16:21:37.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

OOC

Ben,

Lex apologised, be a better man, grow some skin, and accept it. Stop acting all bent out of shape.

Lex,

While its good to play a villanous character, "time and place" are very important concepts. I think everyone can see that you have a better idea of that now.

So, everyone just chill out and drop the drama queen crap.

Game on.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

Originally posted by Jypsie
    OOC

Ben,

Lex apologised, be a better man, grow some skin, and accept it. Stop acting all bent out of shape.

Lex,

While its good to play a villanous character, "time and place" are very important concepts. I think everyone can see that you have a better idea of that now.

So, everyone just chill out and drop the drama queen crap.

Game on.
    ((And Jypsie takes command! What, no grabbing by the ears and putting into a corner for time out? ))

Well thank you trist, and again I am very very sorry . I do go to extremes when I rp and I do cross the line sometimes I suppose so again I am very sorry, but I am glad to know I have your forgiveness. Congratulations on the wedding too by the way and best of luck. As for shadowbane...well it is a game based on warfare, city seiging, political battles etc, and player associations/guilds have an actual impact on story and the physical terrain of the world. It's actually the things I wanted in AO but in ao I have to deal with supression gas, and I can't really get rid of my enemies when they urk me the wrong way I like the pvp anywhere idea, keeps you on your toes and makes it all the more important to keep close alliances. It doesn't cater to female gamers per se, but I'm not the average type by any means, I like the concept of war and consequences. Don't get me wrong, I like ao a great deal, but the actual warefare behind ao was a distant second thought in the game design, it has no real consequences and such and it's never really immersive..IE go to a tower battle then hide in the cup until your pvp flag is off.

(( I appreciate your apology but it is certainly not needed. I wasn't offended by anything you said IC.
    As far as Shadowbane.. the only thing I liked about the game was my character was really hot. Aside from that it was too easy to plvl other ppl and gain money and of course the whole running thing and overall game controls.. But it does sound interesting when you put it that way and I hope you find alot of enjoyment there.

Again, don't worry about anything said here in IC. I took it as IC and responded to it IC and there's no need to apologize for who your character is. That's the best part about RP. You can be who you want and the only consequences you suffer are all IC. (at least that's how I think it should be.) Best of luck and take care. ))
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

Define Irony:

2 clanners arguing over matters of TASTE, when BOTH of them are featured in my cookbook.

((I will be at the OOC event, and more than happy to hob-nob with the other villians...An I will be bringing a bag of coconut.))
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

sooo...my question has always been, are you a cannibal or what?

No, he thinks that having a clan affiliation removes you from being human. Thus an Opifex Omni Employee is human, but an opifex clanner is not.

/shrug

err alright but if he cooks people, that makes him a cannibal though right? oh forget it..when you try to figure omni tek out, they just seem more whacked out. and to think I was born to that side....

Yeah, I tried explaining that to him as well as some Omni that called Vix a gimpy dog species when the guy that called her that was an Opi too....

Oh well

Posted anonymously on a major grid traffic hub, it is unknown whether this was actually posted by an Omni-Tek employee or merely a clanner playing a prank.

The gastronomic adventures of some of our employees are merely evidence of how the company encourages creativity amongst it's family. While clanners and neuts are content to feed off of the same old Leet/Yutto/Omus kebabs (If they can afford what must be to them such an exquisite meal) here at Omni-Tek we are constantly pushing the bounds of culinary creativity in the interest of stimulating the sophisticated palates of our employees with tantalizing delicacies.

(( Or something to that extent anyway, and while I'm still OOC, I really hate Omus.. Omuses... Omususes... Omi... whatever.))

I wanna know how clanners can be filthy, infested, disgusting dogs and at the same time be a delicacy?

The same way that brontos which are disgusting filthy animals are made into Bronto Burgers, which have a delicious taste.

Shuldrich contemplates Bronto Burgers for a moment

They can be made into nice armor too! Yes... that's what we need! More tradeskill made armor..... Now where did I put that Mass Relocating Robot?

Originally posted by Lexusstreak
    sooo...my question has always been, are you a cannibal or what?
    No, Cannibals eat people...that is disgusting.

Originally posted by Uwen
    No, he thinks that having a clan affiliation removes you from being human.
    How else do you propose to explain the bologna smell?

((I found out long ago that to simply scream OT propoganda or argue what side is right or wrong angered to many people in an OOC way...Somewhat along the lines of tis thread anyway...So I chose a socialy disgusting attribute for Bliqz <canibalism> that also allowed him to believe clanners are less than human...The thought of it was so outlandish that it was laughable and horible at the same time...perfect for a RPG villian that still wants to meet and greet the people he plays with.))
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Bliqz

((perfect for a RPG villian that still wants to meet and greet the people he plays with.))
    ((And it worked ))

Originally posted by Bliqz
    How else do you propose to explain the bologna smell?
    Easy, it's from listening to way too much Omni propaganda.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

The thread seems to have exhausetd itself. Closing it with a quite from the Rules of Conduct:
    Note: We encourage role-playing in the game and on the role-playing conference, but remember that role-playing is no excuse for harassment. If you want to play an obnoxious role, you have a great responsibility to avoid hurting other people’s feelings. These social guidelines take precedence over role-playing in a conflict.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123