Thread: 13.7 changes and bugs

Post 13.7 changes and bugs

In a couple of different threads I asked for undocumented changes and apparent bugs, and will be listing what I've found about them here.

Stationary surgery clinics
    There is currently a bug with you not being able to use them after the 5 minutes usage timer has run out, but have to zone to use these again. It's reported, and the cause is known. No ETA.

Closing lockpicked chests
    This would render the contents unavailable. A bug, which should be fixed now, and is sent to testing.

Looting bodies in PvP
    I believe you're supposed to be able to loot anything the victim aquired after last scan (and a pinky, some say ). QA are looking into how this works now.

Switching weapons (and other equipment)
    Equipping an item in a slot already containing an item now adds the equip/unequip timers of the two items, thus making weapon switching take longer time. Logical, though we should of course have informed you of the change. I apologize deeply for this, as I know how this affects certain tactics in combat.

First aid kit recharge
    As far as I know it's been 40 seconds 'forever'. Please correct me if I'm wrong. (I don't use them on any of my characters. )

Only one unique item
    You can now have only one single instance of a specific Unique item. It was always intended like this (hence the term 'Unique'), so it was a bugfix. Something we ought to have informed you of nonetheless.

For those concerned about this turning into a new 'pillow issue', I'll talk with Support and hear what they think of it.

Find item missions giving worthless pick up items
    Some of the items you can get as targets in these missions have always been 'worthless' (i.e. selling for 0 credits). I have taken several such missions after 13.7 and always made sure to get items I knew sold for good cash. If these items are more common now, just make sure you check the mission description closer.

Ok, that's it for now. I'll hopefully be back with more later.

PS: This thread is closed, at least for now, simply because I want the thread to be info only, not lots of new posts and replies. I will link to this one when I add answers to issues I find in other threads.

Post List of issues from Gilgalaad

Originally posted by Gilgalaad
    My (Cz') text in bold-face. Note that me reporting these as bugs does not mean that they're not known to QA already, only that I don't know whether they are known.

BUGS & TROUBLES SINCE PATCH 13.6, 13.7:
    ---------------------------------------
    - Cursor Movement Non Synchrone With Mouse Deplacement (Not seems to be Lag Dependant)
    Better description wanted. Please report to techsupport@anarchy-online.com, and include dxdiag report file.

- Unlocked Chests Auto-Relock after Close
    Bug. Hopefully fixed already, committed to testing.

- FPS Performances have dramatically decreased (Ground Mip-Mapping very strange sometimes)
    - Memory saturated by "ClientR.exe" process all the 3 or 4 outdoor playfields loaded (512 Mo RAM)
    - In the same category, after log out, windows is not free from the "ClientR.exe" process during 5 minutes (99% Resources !)
    - Ping is always good although we have many lock-up. More lock-up than before the last two patchs.
    Please report these to techsupport@anarchy-online.com, and include dxdiag report file.

- Docs & NTs Nanos (Heal & Nuke) do the lower average effect, never the higher (Nerf ?!)
    No change made. Remember that nukes will be affected by AC.

- Mobs do InstaKills with ChainCasting of Nukes
    - Same problems with Deprives, Roots, Unmakes
    Working on them. Tweaking, and removing the heavy nukes from the NPC nano lists.

- No Nanos Limits for NPC & Mobs
    Not unlimited, but a bit higher than players'.

- Items disappeared from Inventory when we die, reappeared after an other death (sometimes never)
    Please report item type, character(s), time of disappearance, time of reappearing, and we will hopefully be able to find out what happened.

- Impossibility to rename organisations with colored text
    - Impossibility to change the color of the Nano Contextual Messages (same green than Guild Channel)
    - Some problems with the right clic on the eye of the step of madness dungeon
    - Sneak mode ('H' Key) sometimes block until we zone, in my case, i can use it once by area
    - Nano Kits are always bugged. They dont work when we quit a won fight (always in a fight syndrome)
    Reported as bugs

- An aggroed character who decrease his Aggro-Def Slider at minimal will not be safe at all, mobs continue to aggro him instead all other members of the team who have their slider at maximal (problem with hate list management).
    Agg-Def slider has nothing directly to do with the hate list. Never has, never was intended to. The enemy does not stop hating you just because you turn defensive.

- Major Bug with DNA Encode Sequencer, Docs warp the members of the team they just have leave!
    Reported as bug.

- NPC Aggro Neutral Characters ! Where is the sense of beeing a neutral, even in a war period ?
    Guards or other NPCs? Guards probably shouldn't do this, other NPCs most likely will.

- We can loot player's cadaver again, why ?
    I think it's intended. You're supposed to be able to loot any items gained since last scan. Will try get a better update on this later.

- Character's Motion is strange when quiting a vehicule (Animation Acceleration effect)
    - When using a Mid Vehicule (Probe Shape) we're strangely translucide (only from the user side)
    - Clothes disappear after quiting a Yalmaha
    - Return of the problem of warping back when run toward water
    - Sometimes (At elmer's camp, it's the strongest) people disappear and reappear instantly nearly around
    - Overflow inventory dont work in many situations (Weapon dropped 'cause no ammo, Trade Declined), object lost
    - If you miss the backpack from some pixels, you put your item on the ground, when you watch for it, it has disappeared, definatly, doh !
    Reported as bugs.

- Use of the shop surgery clinic doesn't work twice without zoning
    Should work, but unfortunately with double timer (10 minutes). Reported as bug.

- Sometimes, same clan NPC attack us (Team 100% of the same clan) without have been previously provocated
    Please report where this happens (suppression gas level), and what NPC(s) this happens with.

- With the unbalancing state of the 13.6 patch, i consider the Mort 25%, to be a bug (FC Mind dependant). Free the crater !
    Not a bug.

- Reflect Bracelets dont work (Are you lieing in the patch notes ?)
    - My Agent enters the game in walk mode. Not my two other characters, why ? Maybe make an AutoRun option.
    - All nanos casting have a new latency between the moment when we click (or press a key) and the moment when the timer bar appear (Some annoying milliseconds). It's not lag !
    - Sometimes, when i picklock a door, my teammates cant through the door (Ghost door). Often after a long period in a mission area, we can be cooped up in a room with 4 ghost doors. We have to relog to exit the room.
    - When you reach a grid exit without having the CL prerequisite, you might be stucked in the pyramidal structure basement (GM needed)
    - During the resurrection shock period, sometimes, the first aid kit do 10% of his normal efficientness. A 100-115 HP heal kit do 10-12... strange a lot!
    - Sometimes, when a MA use an ? nanos, his barlife cant reach 100% (red bargraph) on the doc team list. The doc continue to heal the MA without any reason, wasting his nanos.
    Reported as bugs

OLD ISSUES:
    -----------
    - Always the problem of macros that randomly disappear from the action bar at each log in
    - Always the bug of the Team List View with no button at all
    - Always the impossibility for players to trade with us (near a booth) after purchasing an item
    - When in Playful Cub shape or Panther, we cant see nothing at all. Please, move the camera or make the 3D Model completly invisible from First Person view !
    - With Spike Armor Line of Nanos, i cant see the 3D World well, all these particules effect are annoying at first person.
    - On the team list, bargraphs are always wrong (after to be apart), we constantly need to refresh (F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6) them to read the real value.
    - On the team list, nano bargraph is always wrong, even after a refresh. So we can see our sat teammates waiting for nano recharge although they have 100% on the screen.
    Reported as bugs, though I think most (all?) are already known. Oh well, QA will just kill off duplicates.

ALWAYS NEEDED:
    --------------
    - Need to prevent the map reset after quiting a mission area (maybe create a local data file ?)
    - Need to have a shortcut for the slider (Aggro-Def), Stat View is too big
    - Need to have a shortcut to fast reload both weapons
    - When noone is selected, make the heal & nanos go on ourself (grrrr, so stupid to do nothing)
    - More small cheap backpacks without any bonus at all (Guild Banks are always a big mess of stuff!)
    - Make the pet log out with his owner. AO is unstable (sorry to deceive you FunCom), so, many relog and reboot are necessary. Build a Pet is not cheap, not easy, not fun at all when you have to relog (or have been "Link Dead") in.
    - A hotkey to paste the posxy coordinates into the chat line
    Reported as suggestions.