Thread: Done for now...

Unhappy Done for now...

I'm done! At last! Stick a fork in me please!

I've played almost every spare moment for the last three months, but I have to take a break now. The game has degraded to the point that there is no fun left. Every patch seems to either create new problems and/or make the game even harder to play.

My typical session consists of :

1) spend 30 minutes finding a mission I'm willing to take. Not one that contains any useable items - the 50% missions (all I can complete) reward you with trivia that's well below the level you need to succeed, but perhaps I can sell it or give it to a friend or guildmate.

2) spend 20-30 minutes running to the site (this is not a complaint about mission distance though - it's a big planet! However, bugs with run speed etc make this worse than it has to be.)

3) spend 3-4 hours completing the mission itself. This consists of running for the exit 20+ times because the mission is stacked with uber MoBs, multiple Mobs in the same room, etc as has been mentioned many times.

I'm used to this. I'm also used to, but finally worn out on, dieing and losing my hard won exp due to bugs. Most frequent one, as tonight, was showing plenty of health, getting no damage msgs, but suddenly dieing. Mind you - not trying to exploit - I had a Manteze in the room with me and knew I was getting hit, but was healing and making good progress on taking him out - can't help it if his hits weren't showing up - it's a game bug that happens all the time. Then, all of a sudden with over 60% health left showing, I get the dreaded "your items will be made available.." msg. Losing, three plus hours of experience and wasting three of my valuable hours of personal time. I suspect that there was an extra "invisible" Manteze in the room that I had pulled from the back part of the mission area but couldn't see.

So, I'm finally done. Taking a few weeks off from the game. I'll come back then and see if anything's improved. I love this game, but it has turned into nothing but work, labor and frustration. I have enough of that in RL - I'm looking for fun!!!!

You need to quit striving so hard to make the game difficult! It is supposed to be fun! I think you are so scared of people maxing out too quickly that you just make it continuously harder for everyone else. I recommend that before you make any change you ask "Does this make the game less fun or more frustrating?"! If so, don't make the change!!!

Anyway, I could add a number of creative comments on gameplay improvements, but they've all been said before, and there is no evidence that anything is being done to remove the frustration. You fix some bugs, yes, but you tweak the gameplay and make it harder every time.

I love this game, but it is too hard and no longer fun! Please don't let it die like this! I'll be back in a couple of weeks. I only hope it's not to write an obituary!

Zer

Two accounts
    L47 MA
    L32 Soldier
    L22 Fixer
    L17 Trader
    Two L15-20 Advs
    One L12 Doctor
    One L16 NT
    One L12 Agent "Uber-Gimp"
    Four Enfs L15-27

boy for someone who played this long you shure did not get to a verry high level :P this game is alot more fun at higher levels.... and tons of fun in guild...

Level 64 nano Tecknion
    Level 54 Advenure
    Level 42 Agent
    Level 36 sogler
    Level 25 Enginere
    Level 15 Enforcer
    Level 10 Trader

done in the same time...... i don;t know about you but level 10 only take about 3 hours to acheave... and level 20 about 5 hours after that... 30 takes maby 8 hors of play after that and 40 takes about 10 hours... 50 takes aroun 20-30 hous. and 60 is ungoldy .

Hmn, at level 98 I'm doing QL110-120 missions.
    I can get missions one zone (15 mins) away.
    I can select a mission in an area where I know I can get a small mission design.
    It never takes me 3 hours to complete a mission.

If a mob is aggro on me and I'm not taking damage, I run for the zone immediately.

Have you tried any outdoors hunting.
    I find it much more fun than doing missions constantly.

98 Meta
    67 Soldier
    53 Enforcer
    49 Trader
    32 Fixer
    24 Crat

Angry Making the game harder

They shouldnt make the game harder for the average player but look for what the "dOOdz" do to level fast. MPs standing right beside the insurance terminal in Newland and killing the guards non stop (they respawn after seconds) and leveling fast with no risk whatsoever. Ppl not the least interested in roleplaying but just looking for ways to level up as fast as possible using every exploit they can find to get around the game restrictions.
    The other day I was approached by someone in the grid who offered to show me an easy way to level with a "bugged clan guard" and was startled when I told him I don't use exploits.
    Thats the "holes" in the system that have to be closed not a general nerf making the game tedious.

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

Angry Frustrating

As a pistol dual wielding adv I simply cant play the game and have fun anymore. I just had 2 hours to play tonight. I went for a even mission in holes in the wall. Get there and the second mob I encounter is an adv. He is unbuffed but I cannot hit him for more than 13 hp ever. I'm level 46 with overequipped pistols dammit! The guy is even, has thousands of hp and hits for 43hp each shot plus crits of 97. I do 13, constantly. He is healing himself. After 15 real time minutes he is still healing himself and I have wasted hundreds of bullets and dozens of nanorechargers and med labs for nothing. I let him kill me to get back to town and log off.
    For me evenings like that are GAMESTOPPERS. Dual wielding pistols needs a fix bad anyway, but the AC on NPCs needs a damn emergency patch!
    And from Funcom? Nothing! Not a word. "The story is well underway"...yea but who cares? I'm not interested in your story for the moment. First fix the worst bugs, than balance at least to a certain level of playability and THAN I want to hear about a storyline. So far this game got other problems. You havent even fixed the bugs from 12.8 that you already introduce new ones with the latest patch and merrily go on about roleplaying when the boards are full of players (there are only players on the boards now!) telling you the game is broken. Good night.

Val

Re: Making the game harder

Originally posted by Valerian
    They shouldnt make the game harder for the average player but look for what the "dOOdz" do to level fast. MPs standing right beside the insurance terminal in Newland and killing the guards non stop (they respawn after seconds) and leveling fast with no risk whatsoever. Ppl not the least interested in roleplaying but just looking for ways to level up as fast as possible using every exploit they can find to get around the game restrictions.
    The other day I was approached by someone in the grid who offered to show me an easy way to level with a "bugged clan guard" and was startled when I told him I don't use exploits.
    Thats the "holes" in the system that have to be closed not a general nerf making the game tedious.

Val
    you get no exp or loot from guards, I kill guards to test the damage output of my weapons.. I know. I have killed neut guards, clan guards (sorry my brothers), and OT guards. NO EXP, NO LOOT.

You are HIGHLY missinformed.

allot of different posts talking about the same THING

allot of different posts talking about the same THING

i see posts about ma`s cant hit mobs for more then min damage
    i see posts about lvl whatever haveing a hard time killing yellows
    i see posts about mobs regain ...
    ect ect..we are all talking about the same problem
    for some reason be it bug or how its meant to be fucom have made it impossible to solo at lvl 10+ ...u can but u wont make much money and forget about lvling...u can join groups but then money is
    hard to come by.
    im so sick of it ...i loved this game i have played it every spare
    minute have...these WHINERS that i am one of are just people that have put allot of time into something they love.
    we dont expect a game to be so easy that its given to u on a plate
    BUT come on this patch (13) hs made things WAY out of balance.
    ok u can still play it and lvl VERY slowly but hey u have to be gaming hardcore god to get to lvl 150+ since last patch.
    WE DONT HAVE 4 YEARS to build a char up to that lvl(doing thousands
    and thousands of the same broken missions)if your lucky we will play 3 or 4 char to a high lvl over 4 years....if the game was not so hard now.
    the fun is now gone from this game..if i wanted a penny pinching game where u struggled to buy simple things.. would stick to real life lol..wheres the escapism?
    u might guess im very angry with game that was fun and ok as it was is now uber hard and has one big stick and no carrot.
    i spent 3-4months ..now a waste of time and money..and funcom has not even recognized the problem..
    i now have stoped my account and uninstalled my game....thanks for nothing funcom... crying shame

MPs standing right beside the insurance terminal in Newland and killing the guards non stop (they respawn after seconds) and leveling fast with no risk whatsoever
    No risk, no reward, d00d

Angry Want something to cry over...

One word. Tradeskill.

This still doesn't work right, and despite the constant commentary abotu it i have yet to see a meaningful rebuttal from Cosmik or Cz.

We have a whack of formula that don't work.
    We have a major problem with component starvation (can't find the parts we need 9 times out of ten).
    THe price of the components is so damned high (or the tools depending) that there is no way one can make money doing tradeskills.
    The items in the game that in theory should be tradeskill driven simply aren't ad we can't seem to actually build the itesm that are in demand (the fact that funcom has desigend its gear so poorly as to make only one type of weapon any real use to a given class (popular perception here folks, as in Mausser=Fixer) AND that because we can strap on gear that is WAY bigged than we are, the in game economy is only supportive of high level characters down selling stuff they find to lower levels (oh yeah, that makes sense, selling only to the plebes, not to your contemporaries....)

And the truly depressing part of this one word problem?

IT WAS STATED ON THE BOX AS INTEGRAL TO THE GAME ENVIRONMENT.

Now, I have no constructive commentary left to offer Funcom. I have tried, I have backed up my points with logic and reason, and caught you in miscommunication after miscommunication (please note, iI'm giving benefit of doubt and not saying lie). But I can't believe the decisions being made. So I have already hit the cancel button. Matter of time that it runs out. And I'm taking my pioneer backpackwith me in case Funcom gets its act together in the next three months.

Btw, Funcom, on whim i was reading reviews on your game. All were done about 2 weeks post release. I wonder what reviewers would say about you now? hmm? I'm betting their analysis could fold you like a house of cards.

Profit

Talking OK, so sue me!

No risk, no reward, d00d
    Pfff, its just an example. I didnt know that they dont give xp as I never tried that. And I really would like to know why the guys did it then. I cant see a reason to do this for 30 minutes or more. Test weapons?
    ...And someone offered to "show me a bugged clan guard" to make "tons of xp" once. I declined, but others might not. There are such exploits around and Funcom should come down hard on ppl using such ways that in the end result in nerfing of the whole game, making it alot harder for non exploiters.

Val