Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Wishlist: Creation shields done right

MP Wishlist: Creation shields done right

These obviously need some more work before they make it to entry status.

I didn't put much thought into casting reqs, nor consider nanocost, nor AC amounts, and the names were just for fun. Suggestions for any of those would be much appreciated.

I dropped the silly 1h blunt weapon requirement from these shields. They still require multi-melee, but the skills mean you can use them with the melee weapon of your choice. That alone should make them much more desirable. Added in an attribute req to direct their use a little more. I think it would fit storywise anyways.

on the stats a - AC means the shield is weak for that AC and you receive no bonus. A ++ symbol means you'd receive double the AC bonus for that damage type. Makes them a little more tactical once again.

Edit: Added self damage (similar to Crats using bots) instead of that reset HP and NP to 1 thing. Depending on how you look at it this can be better or worse, but it will hopefully be less annoying. Also reduced cast time as it was still too long. Preferably add a 0 NCU buff to the user to let them know how long the weapon has left.

Questions or comments are appreciated.

Edit: Range on all shields = .1 meters

Nanocrystal: Creation of Sallust's Savior
    QL: 145 (Outdoor boss loot), (Unique, Nodrop)
    Nano Attack/Recharge: 20s/5s

Cast Skills
    Time&Space: 700
    Matter Creation: 700
    Biological Modifications: 700
    On cast: 900 nanobot damage to self

Use Skills
    Psychic: 300
    Time & Space: 700
    Multi-Melee: 300
    Level Limt: 110

On Equip
    +525 Max Health
    + 75 Dodge
    - Poison AC
    ++ Melee AC

Nanocrystal: Creation of Ipsa's Coat of Arms

Cast Skills

Use Skills
    Strength: 300

On Equip
    +500 Max Nanopool
    +75 NanoResist
    - Chemical AC
    ++ Poison AC

Nanocrystal: Creation of Larrik's Guard

Cast Skills

Use Skills
    Stamine: 300

On Equip
    +200 Add All Defense
    50 Reflect Fire
    - Radiation AC
    ++ Cold AC

Nanocrystal: Creation of Mocham's Runic Plate
    QL: 205 (Boss loot), (Unique, Nodrop)

Cast Skills
    Time&Space: 930
    Matter Creation: 930
    Biological Modifications: 930
    On cast: 1,600 nanobot damage to self

Use Skills
    Psychic: 480
    Time & Space: 930
    Multi-Melee: 480
    Level Limt: 165

On Equip
    +900 Max Health
    + 150 Dodge
    - Poison AC
    ++ Melee AC

Nanocrystal: Creation of Bionitrous' Living Nano shield
    QL: 215 (Boss loot), (Unique, Nodrop)

Cast Skills
    Time&Space: 970
    Matter Creation: 970
    Biological Modifications: 970
    On cast: 2,100 nanobot damage to self

Use Skills
    Strength: 525
    Time & Space: 970
    Multi-Melee: 525
    Level Limt: 185

On Equip
    +1250 Nanopool
    +150 NanoResist
    - Chemical AC
    ++ Poison AC

Nanocrystal: Creation of Belthior's Infernal Barricade
    QL: 210 (Boss loot), (Unique, Nodrop)

Cast Skills
    Time&Space: 950
    Matter Creation: 950
    Biological Modifications: 950
    On cast: 1,800 nanobot damage to self

Use Skills
    Stamina: 500
    Time & Space: 950
    Multi-Melee: 500
    Level Limt: 175

On Equip
    +350 Add All Defense
    120 Reflect Fire
    - Radiation AC
    ++ Cold AC
    Last edited by Sallust; Mar 31st, 2003 at 06:50:53.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Nice job.

I like how the shields are obviously tailored to the needs of the different races, yet you are able to pick the one you want for the situation.

As a nanomage, if I'm soloing, I may well decide to go with the HP or evade ones. If I'm in a team or at a raid, then perhaps the Nanopool one.
    Enock - Level 105 Clan MP, Atlantean
    Zackarias - Level 42 Clan Advent, Atlantean
    Enock - Level 6 Clan MP, Testlive

Thanks for the feedback Enock.

No other comments then? are they good to go on X's wishlist for us?

Just bumping this one so I find it again once I've sorted through the threads I missed.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Interesting option if there were a situation in which i could actually USE a melee with it.....It would work if melee worked for MPs. But Melee does NOT work with MPs....too much aggro. Nukes are so outdated at higher levels, that the sacrifice of a ranged weapon still does not make even THESE shields worth it. MAs might find them useful, however.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Melee could work for MPs, just like it works for melee advents.

The AAD or extra HP in conjunction with bonus armor (that doesn't take any other spot) could be beneficial. Once its paired up with a top level Smith sword you could do decent secondary damage with it. We don't want primary damage because that gives us aggro and aggro on a MP is a bad thing.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure there will be more 1handed weapons in the future to use these with too once you're not locked to 1h blunt.

P.S. - I know some people don't want to change away from ranged weapons for anything and these aren't intended to force you to. I hate the "follow this cookie cutter program" or be gimped mentality. All the melee suggestions are meant to be options with positives and negatives to make you consider them.
    Last edited by Sallust; Mar 30th, 2003 at 00:44:51.

Well, if you're doing "secondary damage" you're not doing ANY damage in pvp. I think the problem here is you're tryign to fix a lot of problems with one item, and at the same trying to balance it against other weapons.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor

They're shields, not weapons. Extra defense is something every MP needs, especially my nanogimp MP who got himself properly owned tonight at a tower battle. (Schooled me like a newb, it was hilarious how much about PvP I've really forgotten when it comes to tower fights)

Yeah, the MP is still rootable. So is a MA, Advent, Transferred Engi, etc. Lose some offense, gain some defense. I think you're a dedicated ranged user who couldn't be satisfied with any tradeoff... thats fine. This is going to be for the people who like melee.

Hmmm... I need some selling on them really. I'll happily include the item in the wishlist of course... but I'm not entirely convinced that they're different enough to the existing shields to be worth the coding to add in extra shields for it. The idea might be good if the existing shields were altered to adjust them - but we know that won't happen.

If we were to be given new creation shields I'll have to admit to being a little disappointed if they looked like these.

Like I say - I'll add them to the wishlist as ever... just I can't say I'm personally persuaded.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Well I'm willing to take up the argument that the buffs and benefits might not be sufficient. I'm just not going to argue that one can't fight as melee under they have the benefits that enforcers currently enjoy.

I'd love to push up the HP, AAD, and NP boosts even more but I'm not sure FC would go for it.

Benefits: No wasted IP in 1h blunt, you can put that IP into whatever you want. For instance 1h edged is a good line with the smith swords and you can adjust your level of it easily and choose whatever specials you want.

Bigger buffs (AC, special line buff, etc) makes them actually useful at higher levels.

The idea is to get rid of my two biggest complaints that the buffs on the shields aren't big enough and you're stuck with lousy 1h blunt weapons.

Edit: they also allow the various breeds to compensate for some of their inherent weaknesses if they so choose.

Yeah, they're similar to the old shields but the old shields don't totally suck. They were a good idea, but as usual FC had no follow through to make them work. (How many times have I heard that they put things in weak to be adjusted later? Yeah right, we "aren't going to adjust old nanolines. Enforcers get uber swords and MPs get worthless legionnaires.) Getting FC to start over again with new nanolines seems to be the only way of getting them to make something work like it should have in the first place. They like filling the game with a load of worthless junk to increase mission terminal camping. Not to mention an excuse to put new stuff on bosses so you can camp them too.

Basically I'm perfectly fine with adjusting the old shields, but FC only gives the MP new stuff occasionally. When have they ever fixed anything they gave us that didn't work?

Edit: Edited the stat boosts on the shields.
    Last edited by Sallust; Mar 30th, 2003 at 19:01:16.

Oh, and before this gets added as a wishlist entry I'd like some suggested (appropriate) AC amounts for the shields.

What is an appropriate AC boost do you think?

(Okay I'll quit bashing melee for a minute and actually say something that I hope is interesting)

Well, as far as the idea of removing 1hb, i like that...these creation weapons are supposed to be created out of our bodies, so why not be able to control them with our body ablities...imo, psychic is the most appropriate for that reason. Personally, i find just changing the creation shields that we have now a more practical solution than creating an entirely new line.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor

Thanks Warsprite, and nobody yet has said you have to go melee.

Yeah, I'd rather see the old ones adjusted but we all know what chance that stands of seeing implemented right?

Stamina and Strength also because the material is being ripped or infused out of your body, so you have to be able to withstand it. Also, the different stats play quite nicely with the different breeds. The dynamic of breed abilities, breed caps, breed attribute colors plays out rather nicely I think.

I'm going to add in cast times (because they're currently too long on the present models) and HP damage instead of that stupid reset HP =1 garbage.

Oh, and even if you don't like them for PvP. What do you think of them for PvM?
    Last edited by Sallust; Mar 30th, 2003 at 23:33:46.

Well for pvm there are a few things:

Missions

This depends TONS on your playstyle...if you're the kind of person that just chain MQs through a mission, I can see you liking it.

If your playstyle is differient, you may not like it.

Uniques(18 hour)

Absolutely not. They're all about specials.

Uniques (big ones..)

Chain MQing is bad for these because you will pull aggro from the tank most of the time...i did that at tara once...it was not pretty.

I covered this in detail in my reply to platy's post if you want to read it.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor

Already responded.

Oh, and 18 hour uniques aren't all about specials. If you're at a spawn with 40 people there then yes it is (and the MP specials don't count very much because yours can NEVER be as good as having an agent, soldier, etc).

If its you and 1 to 3 others at Nugget late in the week then I love seeing special users there because they don't have a clue. Specials pull aggro while I do a high amount of regular damage by chain casting Glacial and evoking my enmity.

Big uniques.. read my reply towards Platy's thread.

Edit: Oops, meant Nugget not Neleb. Heh, who needs to damage team nugget?
    Last edited by Sallust; Mar 31st, 2003 at 00:33:38.

Neleb=not a unique imo.

As far as little uniques...the 18 hour ones are the only ones that count. As far as MPs go..the only ones most are interested in are Zuwadsa, Nugget and Van Horne...Nugget and Van Horne draw a throng every time..i don't know how it is over there on RK2, but on RK1, there is almost always at least one other team at each spawn.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor

Oops, mistype. I meant Nugget not Neleb.

On RK2 this is what I've seen.

Zuwadza: rarely camped, but I avoid him myself due to his low drop rate and weak item not being worth it.

Nugget: Heavily camped in the late week after server restart. Not heavily camped at the beginning of the week.

PVH: Heavily damage teamed right now by some big orgs. Time of week practically irrelevant.

now about my creation shields, did you have a real comment for this thread?

Real comments? Oh i have tons Here, read my beautiful copy and paste.

On RK1 this is what I've seen.

Zuwadza: camped by one or two people, but I avoid him myself due to his low drop rate and weak item not being worth it.

Nugget: Heavily camped with 1-3 full teams.

PVH: Heavily damage teamed right now by many big orgs. Up to 60 people at this spawn.

About the shields:

Why did you choose to add to one ac and subtract another? Might it not be better just to leave the AC factor alone or give a small bonus?
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor

I have an idea for a the shields. Make the range on them 0.1meters. So you can have a good damage weapon in your right hand that you will be effectively single-handed.
    Martin

Excellent idea, I hope that works.

In a mission that would still be halfway across the room of course though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast