Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MP Wishlist: Creation of Excalibur

OK, adding following entry then:

Proposal for 2 Hand Edged Creation Weapon
    ===============================

2 Hand Edged is one of the cheapest weapons skills for the MP. It is also a weapon-skill of choice for many MPs who decide to follow the clear direction laid out for MPs by FC towards MPs taking up melee weapons. As a result, these melee MPs would dearly love to see a 2 Hand Edged creation added to the creation lines.

Nanocrystal: Creation of Death's Scythe

Description: In ancient times its said that mystics used sharp harvesting tools such as Scythes in rituals. For some reason knowledgable Meta-Physicists are also able to summon the Death's Scythe out of the same unknown place that Metaphysical Demons come from.
    • QL: 170 (Inner Sanctum loot), (Nodrop)
      Attack/Recharge: 20s/5s

Cast Skills
      Time&Space: 870
      Matter Creation: 870
      Matter Metamorphosis: 870
      Level Limt: 155
      Nanocost: 2,000

Item Stats:
      Atk Skills: 80% T&S, 20% 2HE
      Damage: 520-875(535) Melee AC
      Atk/Recharge: 3.5/8.5
      Range: 4m

Use Skills:
      2h Edged: 600
      Time & Space: 850

On Equip:
      Root Resist +15%
      Runspeed +250
      On hit, 10% chance of cancelling nanoskill buffs
      NF range +10 meters
      Max Nanopool -850

This proposal was designed in the MP Wishlist: Creation of Excalibur Thread. For more information about how the design was reached please reference that thread. To propose changes/additions to this design - please post to that thread.

Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Thank you.

now die a quiet death little thread.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

One factor that you seem to be missing is that most AO players are NOT interested in PvP and as far as PvM goes, ranged hardly makes a difference. Mobs warp to you, mobs don't run away (unless feared), and mobs will aggro you as long as they can "see" you. Distance never made a difference in that regard in my experience. Like it or not, more people would rather crush AI-controlled baddies with a group of friends than PvP. Now there are many reasons for this, but that's for a different topic entirely. The fact is that in PvM, there is no definite disadvantage to melee. Rather, the increased damage, "cheaper" melee skills, and more consistent aesthetic is a major advantage to us.

Just think about it.

Well you can certainly use this weapon for PvM as well, even if it isn't orientated for it.

There are other creations which would be best off for that though. Try the wishlist creation shields and a 1he weapon for that.

Sallust, correct me if I'm wrong but, you sounded like you were alluding that the sword is meant as a PvP weapon and the new creations shields would be for PvM. Why should you have to be stuck with one or the other for each scenario? Even if creation shields or staves were impoved, I wouldn't use them. My character doesn't use shields or staves in PvP or PvM. He uses two-handed long blades. One shouldn't have to change a character based on which weapon is better for PvM or PvP. ALso, why get stuck with only one creation blade? Not ALL melee MPs (certainly not this one) will want to be wannabe Arthurian knights. How about a few different 2HE creations that are unique, yet equal to each other? Variety is always good, and this profession really could use it.

Anyway, I've been throwing around some ideas for two Creation Katanas: Masamune and the Muramasa based on an old Japanese legend:

"Long ago, two swordsmiths met near a small stream.
    They were MASAMUNE and his student MURAMASA.
    Each of them brought one of their finest blades.
    To show his teacher the quality of his craft, MURAMASA stuck his blade into the stream.
    As leaves floated past, they were neatly cut in two, he held his blade up, proud of his work.
    MASAMUNE stuck his blade into the stream.
    As MURAMASA watched, the leaves that floated past avoided the blade altogether."

Basically, moral behind this was that Masamune's blade was forged with pure spiritual power while Muramasa's was from violence and death.

Perhaps the Creation: Muramasa could be slightly more powerful, but cause a small amount of damage to its owner upon every strike while the Creation: Masamune could be weaker, but have some significant evade/dodge bonuses. Given, these ideas are just being thrown out here, but considering the debates between demon vs. seraphim pets, I think these creation weapons would be a fun and interesting addition. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Simehiri; Apr 4th, 2003 at 10:53:09.

Well I changed the weapon to be a little better in PvM. If you want an outrageous PvM 2he weapon there is always the queen blade.....

Fact is our damage in PvM is generally quite awesome. We don't really need a lot of help in this department. Unless you pick up a rather out-of-character gun though in PvP our damage sucks. Also, melee is rather disadvantaged in PvP because you're not likely to get into melee at any mid-sized or smaller tower battle.

So basically it came down to creating an option for 2he in PvP that wasn't there yet.

Feel free to make your own wishlist entry though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123