Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MP Wishlist: Creation of Excalibur

MP Wishlist: Creation of Death's Scythe

I don't think I'd ever want to go with a 2h edged melee weapon, but I figured we needed to something to take advantage of our cheapest weapon skill. It would be nice to make that skill usable, so....

Creation items have a nanocost, so please get rid of that silly set nanopool = 1 stat from them.

The idea is to allow some MPs to get up close with their pets and do decent damage alongside them. Runspeed and root protection to actually make this useful in PvP as well. No snare protection because it needs a vulnerability.

Comments would be appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Nanocrystal: Creation of Death's Scythe
    QL: 170 (Inner Sanctum loot), (Nodrop)
    Attack/Recharge: 20s/5s

Cast Skills
    Time&Space: 870
    Matter Creation: 870
    Matter Metamorphosis: 870
    Level Limt: 155
    Nanocost: 2,000

Item Stats:
    Atk Skills: 80% T&S, 20% 2HE
    Damage: 520-875(535) Melee AC
    Atk/Recharge: 3.5/8.5
    Range: 4m

Use Skills:
    2h Edged: 600
    Time & Space: 850

On Equip:
    Root Resist +15%
    Runspeed +250
    On hit, 10% chance of cancelling nanoskill buffs
    NF range +10 meters
    Max Nanopool -850

Description: In ancient times its said that mystics used sharp harvesting tools such as Scythes in rituals. For some reason knowledgable Meta-Physicists are also able to summon the Death's Scythe out of the same unknown place that Metaphysical Demons come from.
    Last edited by Sallust; Mar 31st, 2003 at 20:57:40.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Excalibur

My stats over 60 seconds. 12530 Melee damage.

QB

QB, My stats over 60 seconds. 24935 Chemical damage.

I really wouldn't want to use that weapon mate :/

Slicing the recharge time of the weapon to 4 seconds, from 9, would make it come out 2k better over 60 seconds than the QB.

Besides, the QB has a HP modifier. The point of the runspeed modifier on Excalibur is moot because of the runspeed you'll most likely have at the level you could cast it. The root resist sounds good, but all in all, who knows? Instead of having a hp modifier it could have a considerable boost to nano delta, like for instance +50.

Perhaps if the attack skill was T&S (I guess you could tie that in with the legend of the weapon itself, e.g warping time & space), it would be better.

I also think the weapon AC type should be changed to energy or cold, to better fit our nuke scheme.

edit: also worth mentioning is the frost-bound reaper, which will blow Excalibur and the QB out of the water. same setup, same duration, 38160 dmg
    Last edited by Xpie; Mar 14th, 2003 at 22:05:49.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Well I don't think it be doing QB damage amounts... but I'll agree it does look a bit low.

The idea is its a cheaper weapon IP wise, with some decent buffs to help in PvP. The extra runspeed wasn't for missions, but if you can think of a better buff for melee PvP then let me know.

ATK skill would be the same as other creation weapons, I'll add that in now. 80% TS, 20% 2HE. So the AR would be much better as well.

Edit: Also made it just a little faster. Keep in mind we've still got pets and nukes to do damage with. I expect a few nukes or evocations will be thrown in during the recharge time.

If you can think of some other good and appropriate buffs for PvP, then please let me know.
    Last edited by Sallust; Mar 14th, 2003 at 22:13:15.

Originally posted by Sallust
    Well I don't think it be doing QB damage amounts... but I'll agree it does look a bit low.
    Just about half. I would much prefer a QB in pvp because of the minimum damage, the max damage, and the fact that it does chemical damage, has brawl and dimach (should I ever raise that). The point of having a weapon with an attack cycle of 13 seconds is lost in pvp. You'll maybe hit once then chain nuke the rest of the time.

The idea is its a cheaper weapon IP wise, with some decent buffs to help in PvP. The extra runspeed wasn't for missions, but if you can think of a better buff for melee PvP then let me know.
    You'll max 2he anyway, to get your AR as high as possible, so the point of it being cheaper, at the cost of not having any specials, is lost. A 20% chance of casting CoC would be a good proc for the weapon.

ATK skill would be the same as other creation weapons, I'll add that in now. 80% TS, 20% 2HE. So the AR would be much better as well.
    Fair enough. The high AR would be better for pvm, but wouldn't be that visible in pvp due to the fact that it's even slower than a QB.

My gripe is that this is yet another creation weapon that no one will use, because there are so many much better weapons readily available.
    Last edited by Xpie; Mar 14th, 2003 at 22:19:26.

Member of Ragnarok

The idea behind the whole creation line concept is its buffs. Something which this definitely needs more help with.

IP is IP, the points you save in any skill are always usable in another. It might seem pointless when that skill line is maxed... until you realize they have twice as many points in some other helpful skill like concealment.

maybe an Add All Offense buff and a better crit damage with increased crit chance? or maybe an increased nano resist instead of the runbuff?

I'd probably never use it myself because I prefer more defensive type weapons like the fire shield. I think the option should be there though and I need more help in making it useful to those who'd want it.

So few responses to all the wishlist threads now?

How about a buff like -500 max nanopool combined with +150 NanoResist on the sword?

I'm here and I'm listening, please help keep the ideas flowing.

With Inner Sanctum being worked on I think this is also a key time for finally getting a dungeon with some MP loot.

personally I dislike the melee weapons for MPs but it's a question of style ...

For pvp I suggest making the creations do some non-general damage like disease or chemical (even if this doesn't fit the name).
    [DarkZone], member of the e)X(odus
    [Zophee], [codCrat] both Clan of Darkness members

Hmmm, well it doesn't seem like anybody is interested in a combat oriented creation weapon like I expected.

So how about comments on the creation bow or shield threads then?

The idea of a 2HE Creation Weapon is sound. AFAIK, it's the least expensive weapon skill for MP's with the exception of Pistol, I think. It also fits the Holy (or unholy) Warrior concept, underscoring the Priest (or Cleric) concept quite well. If we're about emotions and anger, I can surely see my MP frothing at the mouth and cutting your damn head off.

The issues of course all involve the Queen Blade. As a QB user, I wouldn't give up the QB for less damage without some serious payback. It simply makes no sense in my way of thinking to use an inferior weapon 'just because it's MP'ish'.

Buffs are a very good place to make up the damage differential, however, they need to be useful buffs.

Let me think of my MP in action and think where of areas were recompense can be made:

- Attack Rating. This is pretty big. I think you've covered that with the ATK being based mainly on T&S. Of course we'd all max 2HE anyway to achieve maximum ATK. The key being that instead of an 860 (or whatever my ATK is now) I might be around 900 unbuffed at TL5. Less misses mean more damage and increased satisfaction in gameplay.

- Defense. This is what is killing the fun of being an MP more than anything. I could have a billion hitpoints and the simple fact that I'm an MP makes me a sitting duck (or more likely frantic chicken as I flee all those looking for titles). With the fact that this item is two-handed and the fact that they no longer allow you to use the Creation Shields with two-handed weapons, I think you can simply drop 50% of all the bonuses off the best Defensive Creation Shield and tack them on to this item.

I think this weapon should be for the MP who is not afraid. It should be for the MP who can harness his anger and channel it into his sinews. Remember, you lose range altogether with any melee weapon and need to compensate for such when designing a viable melee weapon for the MP.

Other options would include a 2% chance of a Stun proc on the item or a 2% chance for some sort of buff-removal proc.

If I ever get back into playing the MP again, I'm surely going to evaluate the scythe-type weapons that are being introduced. They so fit my interpretation of the freak of nature, pissed off, oddity that for some reason or another absolutely thrives in the notum-enriched atmosphere of Rubi'Ka. We're the Enforcers who get our 'super powers' not from going to the gymnasium, but rather through an uncanny link to our environment and the ability to turn our very anger into corporeal manifestation.

When my MP was a baby, his mother was almost crushed to death under a malfunctioning Yalmaha. The panic and fear experienced by the child were enough, along with the unknown at the time, unexplained link to the notum dust drifting out of the nearby mines to allow him to lift the vehicle in the air.

Take the same child and advance him several score years and put a great big stick in his hand. Imagine the destruction this now well-trained master could cause if you got his blood to boiling.

Work on the weapon a bit and I'll check back.

Latest revision.

Upped the damage, minimum damage, max damage, and crit damage. Mainly I wanted to increase minimum damage to make sure we're doing some fairly consistent damage at the bottom. I don't want to get max damage too high.

Crit damage is more for PvM than PvP. It would be nice to see MPs getting some interesting crits so I added a little more. This will also help offset it being less useful in PvM with the buffs I've added.

It now has a sizable chance of casting two nasty debuffs when it hits. The first has a sizable chance of cancelling the positive effects of ransacks and mocham's lines. A unique weapon to fear on the battlefield if you're relying on Trader or MP nanoskill buffs. Call it revenge of the buff *****.

Second added the chance of a short rage style NSD on the target. The tactical benefits of that are too numerous.

Added a disadvantage. The nanopool reduction is meant to keep this from being combined with the new IS pets. Also to use your debuffs and nukes sparingly with this weapon. You should be mixing nukes and debuffs in with this weapon rather than going heavy cast anyways.

I think it might be a decent weapon for Atrox MPs now.

My thoughts for a future revision might be bringing down the max damage by 100 and adding a Add All Offense bonus instead. That would give us a better chance of hitting those high evasion players with this weapon. Extra necessary given the lack of specials to hit them with.

Latest revision.

Upped the damage, minimum damage, max damage, and crit damage. Mainly I wanted to increase minimum damage to make sure we're doing some fairly consistent damage at the bottom. I don't want to get max damage too high.

Crit damage is more for PvM than PvP. It would be nice to see MPs getting some interesting crits so I added a little more. This will also help offset it being less useful in PvM with the buffs I've added.

It now has a sizable chance of casting two nasty debuffs when it hits. The first has a sizable chance of cancelling the positive effects of ransacks and mocham's lines. A unique weapon to fear on the battlefield if you're relying on Trader or MP nanoskill buffs. Call it revenge of the buff *****.

Second added the chance of a short rage style NSD on the target. The tactical benefits of that are too numerous.

Added a disadvantage. The nanopool reduction is meant to keep this from being combined with the new IS pets. Also to use your debuffs and nukes sparingly with this weapon. You should be mixing nukes and debuffs in with this weapon rather than going heavy cast anyways.

I think it might be a decent weapon for Atrox MPs now.

My thoughts for a future revision might be bringing down the max damage by 100 and adding a Add All Offense bonus instead. That would give us a better chance of hitting those high evasion players with this weapon. Extra necessary given the lack of specials to hit them with.
    With all the right gadgets to swap in, I think I would still be able to cast Seamus' (sp?) Crystalizer even with that debuff. Not to mention the fact that I could always just self buff into the sword.

Member of Ragnarok

I sure hope you could self-buff into the sword! Otherwise it would be quite useless to us.

Saemus Crystalizer costs 5783 nano. I don't know how much nanopool a maxed Atrox has, but the -750 is really going to hurt in combat and make him think twice about using that pet.

One Point

I don't like the name. Reminds me too much of Dark Age of Camelot and all that. 2 Hand Edged, eh? OK, a play on the 2HB snake staves. Something akin to the Legionaire's Scythes, only the body is a curved snake body and instead of a blade, it's got two disproportionately long fangs protruding from the head.

Hmmm ... mebbe that would be piercing rather than slashing now that I think of it.

A Shard perhaps. Notum and Hatred and Compassion combined to create a pulsing crystalline edge capable of harming not only the enemy but perhaps even bleeding the wielder's hand. Give it a -25 health regen modifier as an interesting component.

Creation: Persistant Sacrifice

This edge is created not only from the Metaphysicist's very being, but from the localization of Notum energy in the vicinity. It drains the user while wielded as it feeds upon it's host in order to do it's bidding.

More than one has been known to go mad wielding this weapon.

----

Another point is that I'd like to see the creation of said item be more of an ordeal ... or rather 'ritual'. Given it's power I'd like to see it not only drain the creator of all his nano, but any teammates within vicinity. I guess given the nature of how immature most players are this might be griefable, but I just relish the thought of 'stand back! I'm going to manifest my weapon and don't want any of you hurt'

.... cool.

I was thinking more of the entire forgotten storyline with these Arthurian wannabes in the game. Arthur's pass down by Rome Approach, Lord Galahad and the leader of the Knights clan in "Avalon".

Every notice that for all the Knights there is no Merlin or Arthur? Anyways that was my idea there, I'm not attached to the name or concept of a sword.

Maybe going with the Merlin thing, Druidic custom, and of course the whole Cultist and Grim Reaper thing I could propose a new one:

Creation: Death's Scythe.

A big old glowing Harvesting Scythe. Would look impressive with anyone who wore a dark cloak and hood with it I think.

Description: In ancient times its said that mystics used sharp harvesting tools such as Scythes in rituals. For some reason knowledgable Meta-Physicists are also able to summon the Death's Scythe out of the same unknown place that Metaphysical Demons come from.

Creation: Death's Scythe.

A big old glowing Harvesting Scythe. Would look impressive with anyone who wore a dark cloak and hood with it I think.

our demon is still a manifestation of our anger.

Member of Ragnarok

what u want create an scyth or an blade??

if is an scyth what u think of: soul devorer
    for an blade:...soul edge (ok not good choice i don't have an good idea for an blade)
    Wingless - MP lvl 158 - Atlantean (Rk1) [Armor]

Rustykiller - lvl 53 - President of Nightwalker

Originally posted by post machine™

our demon is still a manifestation of our anger.
    Yeah, and that bugs the heck out of me. Kinda getting tired of the recycling of character models. At least the Meatballs made sense until they re-used the models in SoM. Heck, they even make sense there seeing as they are manifestions of Neleb's twisted emotions.

But, the Demon is just some animal that lives up in Mort and out in SFH. It's just some animal. Then ya get the Legionaire. OK, they're su****iously close to Horribley Failed Experiments. Used to whack them things around near Newland Lake when I was like ... 2 years old.

Next time I manifest my Anger and Rage and Fury, I want to manifest my Rage and Anger and Fury and not put in a To Go order for some animal and have him delivered from Mort.

"Executing NanoFormula: Summon Everything that's ever pissed you off since childhood ..... (behind the scenes: 'Excuse me, I'll have one shaved monkey with a penchant for bitch slapping. Oh, and extra cheese, pls.) ....."

Lord, I hope when the Shadowlands is released we aren't ordering more of the local wildlife, but rather really acting like metaphysicists. I want to make black ooze representing everything you've ever done bad in your life, come dripping out of your ears and burn holes through your armor and skin.

Hope you were a good boy ...

meh.

I guess it would be fine and all to use during those 6 lvls u have until you get to use QB... or.. something.

or if you just dont have the skills for QB.

QB QB QB QB. lala.

oh nevermind.

Halofire Stuff
    SuperMetaMiniQueenTrox...

Ogiebogie Stuff perks
    UberMartialScareCrow...

Sjuk
    DrOgieBogie...

Its primarily meant to be a PvP weapon of course so that PvP MPs aren't just Meta-Soldiers.

Against your mission style MOBs the QB is definitely going to be superior, call it weapon selection. I don't think it should be superior in all ways to a QB, that would be ridiculous have us getting called for nerfs.

I'm guessing you might still want to use it at unique raids against high evade bosses. A MP should be able to get few hundred more points of Attack Rating with this weapon than with a QB. Having to spend a lot less IP to use this weapon means you could put those IP elsewhere into your own evades, concealment, etc.

Please keep all that in mind and let me know what you think of the damage now. Should I increase the crit damage on it?

i love u idea sallust but i want says something about it the trouble of the melee dmg in many case the melee classe have some nano for help the fight of the melee class against the ranged and we don't have this type of nano that risk to kill we more easyly in fact i explain.
    for many class the run speed are not dark for we he are dark blue and many of the ranged class can run out of the melee range and avoid an hit, better the class with root can contraint we at go at the reclaim more fast. without forget the class with an high run speed....

an mp don't have an root, don't have good runspeed and have an bad hp all this point made we are useless in melee dmg

at least is my point and is maybe wrong to think like this.....

P.S.: i love really u idea but i see the true and i want says it before continue to talk about it.
    Wingless - MP lvl 158 - Atlantean (Rk1) [Armor]

Rustykiller - lvl 53 - President of Nightwalker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast