Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: grr! arrows!

grr! arrows!

This is a petition to drop the price of arrows! reply if you think arrows need a severe price drop!

I jsut started a neutral opifex bureucrat using a bow. I started out using a bow blaster, and that was fine, til I got past it.. now I'm using a reet stryker thing, but arrows are fooking EXPENSIVE! it costs 23400 just to get 1000 arrows, which only lasts about 2 hours! bows, with their moderate damage and broken attacks, are made horrible by the price of their ammo. I say we drop the price of arrows, or make them do the same amount of damage compared to their price as other ammunition.

*raises his fist* Power to the people!

Bump!
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Granted, arrows are a bit to costly for any lowbie (without a sugar daddy) to keep. Lowering them to 3 creds a pop or even 2.5 would be a better idea in my opinion.

Im an MA using bow only, no ma skills so..

[h3]BUMP![/h3]

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

For x = 1 to #waystoexploit
    system.out.println("BUMP!!!")
    next
    "If it hurts, it means your still alive." - Bayman

NuggetKiller - The best looking atrox on RK1

I also thinks that bows shouldn't have a set clip size, except for certain ones - you're drawing them directly from your pack, so how would there be a clip unelss it were some sort of crazy auto bow(like some crossbows)

Removing the clip size would be too much of a problem for FC but increasing the clip size youl be better. the highest clip i've seen on a bow is 10.

The venom bow has a clip of 3. big deal. in 10 seconds i'll have emptied my clip and will spend the next 10 seconds reloading it. That almost as bad as the 1 clip size of rocket launchers.
    "If it hurts, it means your still alive." - Bayman

NuggetKiller - The best looking atrox on RK1

Made an agent....

... wanted to use bow.

Three things wrong:

No bow buffs.
    Bow Special attack is the same as the /wave command
    And as you state the price of arrows.

Because of the price on arrows I ended up with a Crossbow thing. Not my intentions and I scrapped the agent.

Suxxors
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

How abotu setting clip size to 1, and reducing reload time by allot.
    Or remove reload time completely and have the time it takes to reload be affected by the correct skills. I started my MA with plans to have him use the bow... and quickly dithced the idea, if the Bows are made a little more usable I'd use them, just because I want to be one of the guys using a bow and it looks cool

For now id be content with a lower pice, thats doable by FC in what? 5 mins programming time?

After that they need to give the bow some attention (damage and the bugged special attack)

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Thumbs up

23.4 per arrow??? For a twig, feather and scrap of metal shaped into a point?

Lol - you bow wielding guys from the past need a break - come on Funcom, give them a break! From what I'm reading these people deserve it

((good job for not giving up, bow people))
    Jharick "Jhanarr" Naarr
    Long since left AO :: Catch me on the forums!

Muffins are for sharing, so be cool - buy me a muffin, today!

My Five GUI Skins:::download them now!

these arrows have to be carbon-nano-alloy with nano tech aiming, and a nanotech tip, and nanotech feathers to be in AO ;p

What are you waiting for ???

I am a barbarian fashioned MA who doesn't even use the martial art skill. My plan was to rely on martial weapons only .. the bow and sword. Well, I still use a katana, but I realized right away that bow's just dont work. They have high multiple skill costs, the ammo is too expensive, they don't hold enough ammo (3 for one bow I tried using), the special attack doesn't work, and they are bugged. This is a grave insult.

What I don't understand is why Funcom hasn't reduced the cost of arrows? This is very easy for them to do, and would really help alleviating this massive problem they have caused for people who want to use bows.

As a software developer, I am frequently prioritizing bug fixes and enhancements based on a simple cost-benefit ratio. If a little bit of work can result a large positive impact, then it is worth doing right away.

What are you waiting for ???

- Szentasha / Unity of the Rose.

Price drop on arrows is long overdue....
    *BUMP*
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

You are right. I'll make arrows cheaper, in one way or another...

I can't promise you anything for 13.8, but I should hopefully be able to get them into 14.0.

Originally posted by Gil-the-Arm
    these arrows have to be carbon-nano-alloy with nano tech aiming, and a nanotech tip, and nanotech feathers to be in AO ;p
    lol - then you shouldn't be having all those troubles with bow...I'd say if you bow people are hitting so badly - you're buying twigs with feathers on the end and scraps of metal made pointy
    Jharick "Jhanarr" Naarr
    Long since left AO :: Catch me on the forums!

Muffins are for sharing, so be cool - buy me a muffin, today!

My Five GUI Skins:::download them now!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast