Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No story, no point!

Potential Solution to IC/OOC Problems.

So there isn't much RP in RK. Either of them. Correct?
    Funcom should combine the servers (ie let you change from RK1 to RK2 if you feel so inclined) but DESIGNATE one of them as a Roleplay server, the other for OOC. That way those of us that want to RP won't be interrupted by the people going around shouting "omg George Bush is such an idiot!" I mean... who.. who is George Bush? (Don't take that seriously, but spoken from perspective of my character.)

I want RL _out_ of my RP! -_-
    Last edited by Maitrize; Feb 12th, 2002 at 02:12:13.
    .:: Isocyanate Doc
    .:: Onigiri Eng
    .:: Myaku MP
    .:: Maitrize Misc
    .:: Moruhine. Pita. Kechi!

Good idea

Sounds like a good idea to me....
    Give the OOC's a server and let them get on with it.
    Won't happen though.

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Hey! I like this idea.

Yuk yuk

*bumpity bump*

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

umm. hi.
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Kiastral - 204 Trader - RK1 Equipment Layout
    Mindshardz - 165 MP - RK1
    Greyhame - 149 NT - RK1
    Ravenhold - 159 MA - RK1
    Wyldmyst - 136 Adv - RK1
    Caydol - 123 Enforcer - RK1

Unit Leader,
    Legion

Great idea but who do you think would actually join the OOC server? "H3y, i m Rol3pl4y3r00rz t00!"

The OOC server would have to be more like a punishment place where you are sent for habitual OOC playing in order to for it work like you all want it to.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Actually, a while back we had this discussion... with the twist about making the RP server a lot more restrictive in terms of rules. "If you're there, you know the consequences" type of thing. I don't remember the topic link off hand right now otherwise i'd post it.

It COULD work... possibly.. maybe... nah.. I'm going back into my hole now

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Umm

/ooc

Cant we just kill those who are ooc ?
    wouldnt that be the easiest way?
    And Bush is stupid. No, he is a moron.

You have to remember as far as BUSH goes, about half of the US population voted for him so potentially half of this board could be in utter disagreement with such a statement.

Why bring RL into the game? Really. It's a game. I come to escape reality. I don't want the news repeated in the game. ^^;;

A nice interim feature would be Clan RP and OT RP chat channels that would be made available after equipping some sort of communication device in a utility slot.

This would allow us to speak to each other, and request help etc. in character, and anybody who wasn't interested in RP could just steer clear of the device, while RP'ers could simply uncheck the OOC Channels.

Hope that makes sense...

grr

yeah, I think thats a perfectly good idea. FC are you listening in on these threads?
    if you are, make it happen please.

This suggestion has been made numerous times and ignored the same number of times. Funcom is now spending long hours trying to figure out how they can actually ignore a suggestion more times than it is made. A new paradigm in customer service is upon us.

Scorus

Originally posted by Maitrize
    You have to remember as far as BUSH goes, about half of the US population voted for him so potentially half of this board could be in utter disagreement with such a statement.
    /ooc Actually, less than half of the US population voted, so less than 25% of the board would be in disagreement, assuming they are all American.

LOL it doesn't matter either way. Speaking of Bush in terms of AO is impossible. He shouldn't exist in this time period. No more than Lincoln affects current events. I mean yeesh.

Why has this post gone the way of BUSH? STFU ABOUT BUSH! *runs away and hides*
    Last edited by Maitrize; Feb 20th, 2002 at 20:02:19.

Get ready to throw fruit

Maybe we should take it easy on FC, I mean come on how many people out there on this forum actually program???
    Its a lot of work especially with a game like this, I think they are doing as much as they can(although i would like to see work done on MA's), but still it would be insaine to expect them to fix everything at once, it would be like rewriting the whole program

Originally posted by Scorus
    This suggestion has been made numerous times and ignored the same number of times. Funcom is now spending long hours trying to figure out how they can actually ignore a suggestion more times than it is made. A new paradigm in customer service is upon us.

Scorus
    Even though I don't really agree, I gotta say this is one of the funniest jabs I've heard so far.

The problem, as anyone who has ever played any other MMORPG in addition to AO has to admit, is that there are as many definitions of what roleplaying is as there are roleplayers. Personally I get hacked off when someone rping a doctor or MP makes horrific spelling errors...hey, aren't you supposed to be SMART? If you're a dummy, play a class that a dummy would be but then that's really rl intruding on RP, and if I were a good roleplayer, I would translate the spelling errors, etc, into what the CHARACTER would have said, rather than what the player says...

More to the point, you would find that on one hand, very few players would confess to never actually roleplaying. "I am not really a 350lb enforcer, therefore simply by being here as one, I am roleplaying, d00d" is sort of one point of view. On the other hand, even though I play my character more for RP than for loot or XP, there are times that I really AM just running a mission to get the cool tunic or pistol or whatever.

Honestly on RK2 there seem to be more rpers and fewer l33t d00d idiots, only because those types need a bigger crowd to show off to, I think. Usually characters speak to mine in character.

However, it would be nice if there was some kind of side-wide in-character communication chat - an OT IC to go with OT OOC.
    The doctor is not responsible for filing your insurance claim forms. Please see the front desk for further assistance.

Angry

I agree. I tried to rpg, by the way i'm a newb, but everytime i have tried no one plays back. It's like an rpg game that no one rpg's in. Frankly i love to play my character out, but i can't when i have idoits going around acting like it's not an rpg game and talk bout what ever.

Losikar, keep trying. Persistance pays off. Try to find an RP-oriented guild, that will help greatly.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

RP

Roleplay Server:

This can work very well. I've played other online RPGS (graphical as well as muds) that have RP-ONLY servers. They work quite well. Just need to get funcom to buy into it. Good luck

Vixeena
    Rubi-Ka1
    Level 5 Soldier (fear me! lol)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast