Thread: "Three Shadows"

Post "Three Shadows"

**Disclaimer** Some language has been used in this story, though edited, some material held within may not be suited for younger auidences. The voilence contained within may also be a burden to some, so a fair warning for all. It was previously created for the privacy of a guild forum, but moved here. My apologies ahead of time if this may be a bother to some. With this said, I hope you enjoy and perhaps you shall see more of my works within the future. **Disclaimer**

Marie was floating behind him, as she always did, while Freak kept guard in front of him. Vawn had already sent Psychosis ahead to scout the area. Vawn was still trying to master Psychosis and sometimes Psychosis didn’t fully obey Vawn’s commands, but soon enough he would. Psychosis was a great scout; able to stay ahead of the group and mind blast anyone that may have uncovered his or her location. Not to mention, with the new Mind Reavers being known to be tough to handle, it was common to see one such as Psychosis wandering about lost and confused. It was the perfect cover for Vawn and his mission.

Vawn’s knuckles were white from his tight grip on his Crotalus in his right hand. His left hand was held out in front of him, the nano formula for mind blast was ready. He didn’t want to risk anything on this mission and already had the webs of nanites storming throughout the factory. He would know if he was being followed, but he needed Psychosis to keep eye in front of him. He trusted Freak, but he just didn’t want to risk endangering the mission, his life, or even his pet’s life.

Vawn was a devilishly handsome man, his features made him look evil, and at times he could be. He was the description of many women’s dreams; tall, dark, and handsome. Due to the troubles he had when he lived on another dimension of Rubi-ka he carried several scars, which were only more things that women seemed to be attracted to. Though he was nearly 34 years old now, he only looked to be in his mid-twenties. He had a very nice physique that made him stand out even more than ever.

He had only been on the planet for little less than a month after traveling through the dimensional gate and now he was in the heart of Omni territory infiltrating a factory that was believed to be creating toxins for biological warfare against the clans. Mutants were beginning to grow and the Council of Truth believed it to be the work of Omni-Tek. They had their Operatives out in the field gathering data on these mutants, which from some data were believed to be creations of torture and medical mishaps when creating the super monster.

Vawn was signed on to the project about two weeks back, when he encountered Operatives of the Council of Truth while they were running a mission near Newland. They were trying to infiltrate an Omni-Tek mine, which unfortunately went sour. The Council of Truth was taking huge risk with the operatives in the field, and Vawn knew this, and he wasn’t prepared to risk the fate of the Council if he was to mess up. He trusted his pets though; enough that he knew he would complete the mission.

Vawn sensed an alert coming from Psychosis, he had spotted something, and it was coming Vawn’s way. The omni guard was doing his patrol, and right before he was to turn the corner to meet Vawn face to face, the Crotalus came from around the corner, the fangs of the wand digging into the flesh of his neck, with a quick yank from Vawn the Crotalus ripped open a gash across the guard’s throat. As the guard’s heart pumped the blood to his head, it spewed out of the wound like a water hose would shoot out water. The man instantly dropped to the ground in a loud thud, the blood flowing still from his throat and slowly moving along the floor.

Vawn made a disgusted face as he glanced at the large puddle of blood on the clean white floor. Some guard would definitely see this, and he knew his cover was definitely blown. “Damn it, I hate it when I have to do that.” Vawn looked around the corridors of the factory; Psychosis was just a short distance down the hall from him.

“Freak, follow Psychosis.” Vawn ordered his manifestation.

“Yes master, I shall follow him.” Freak replied in a monotone voice.

Vawn enjoyed having the power he had over the pets, he was ashamed he could not have the same power over normal human beings, and then his life would be a lot easier. Suddenly a violent noise interrupted his thoughts, his glance shot down the hall only to see Psychosis drop to the floor, dead.

Gah! A damn agent! Vawn thought to himself. Now this was going to be a lot harder than it should have been. What the hell is an agent doing in a damn factory?

Freak took a direct hit, but still continued to float in the air, and then he released a screeching sound as he stormed toward the agent that had taken the life of Psychosis. The screeching noise coming from Freak echoed in the white hallways of the factory, it would be a matter of time before every guard in the factory would be on Vawn’s ass ready to kill him.

Vawn glanced back to see Marie still behind him; with a thrust of his hand he pointed forward, “Marie, heal Freak, now!”

“Yes my master, I shall heal him!” Marie floated forward quickly moving her way towards Freak. Vawn could already sense the pain that Freak was taking, it would be a matter of moments before he too would die, unless Marie could get to him in time and heal him.

Psychosis, return to me! Vawn summoned forth Psychosis from his thoughts, and as Vawn opened his eyes he saw the eyes of death looking at him. Psychosis was one ugly looking manifestation, but useful in many ways. Psychosis go defend Freak and Marie.

No, I shall not. The thoughts of Psychosis haunted Vawn’s mind.

YES! You shall! Defend them now! Vawn’s left hand shot up, palm facing Psychosis, the manifestation cowered back in fear.

Yes master, your thoughts are my command…Psychosis turned from Vawn and began to move quickly down the hall turning the corner where Freak was being attacked. Suddenly a violent jolt shook the factory walls, and then shortly following there was the sound of thunder.

They have been detained, master. A smile came to Vawn’s face as the words entered his mind. Vawn then walked forward to where the battle had ensued as he turned the corner he nearly jumped to see the agent and two guards still standing in the corridor. The rifle was braced up on the shoulder of the agent, pointed directly at Freak, as the same for the guards. It took a moment before Vawn realized exactly what Psychosis had done.

Is my work satisfactory for my master?

Yes it is Psychosis. Vawn replied through his thoughts. The agent and the two guards stood there, as if they were stuck in time. Psychosis casted a nano web on the three, freezing all body movement and wiping their mind clean. Now Vawn just had to make sure Freak, Marie, Psychosis, and himself did not provoke the three Omni personnel or all hell would break lose once more.

Vawn touched a green panel on his communications bracer and spoke into it, “Mission has become hostile, requesting secondary orders…”

Within a few seconds a voice came from the bracer, “Abort mission, repeat, abort mission.”

What? Why the hell do I have to abort the mission? Erg! Damn Council and their decisions. Vawn thought to himself.

What do you wish Master? I do not understand. Psychosis mistook Vawn’s thought as an order, and then he looked at the three Omni personnel with an odd look of confusion.

“Was not an order Psychosis, I was merely thinking something.” Vawn spoke to the manifestation this time, to save the pet from anymore confusion.

Understood, master.

Vawn tapped the green button on the bracer and spoke once more, “Orders confirmed Control, mission aborted.”

He turned to look at his pets, all three of them floating. Vawn could sometimes swear he saw expressions on their faces, and this time it looked as if they were anxious, waiting for an order. “Follow me my pets.”

“Yes master.” They all responded in unison.

Three guards rounded the corner of the hallway, each armed with lances. “Halt! You are under arrest by order of Omni-Pol!” One of the guards shouted out.

DAMN! Why now? I was just leaving!

“Freak, destroy them!” Vawn shouted in anger.

“Yes master!” Freak flew forward as quick as lightning, his tentacles whipping about in attack mode. Vawn quickly threw his Crotalus at one of the guards, shattering through the chest cavity of the guard with a hard cracking sound. The guard stumbled back a few feet, screaming in agonizing pain as the blood pulsed out and over his clean armor.

Looks like that will leave a stain. Vawn grinned as the thought floated through his mind. Vawn moved with lightning speed towards the seriously injured guard. In a matter of moments he would be dead, and Vawn needed his Crotalus back. His hand wrapped tightly around his wand and ripped it out of the chest cavity of the guard, who was now dead upon the floor. The other two guards were busy trying to take out Freak as his tentacles pounded away on the bodies of the two guards. Vawn was proud to see how much pain Freak was able to take, with all the damage he was taking it was a surprise he could still fight. Freak was in pain, Vawn could feel it searing through Freak into him. Vawn had become familiar with the pain, enough to be able to block it out, yet he still let a little in so he knew when his pet had had enough.

One of the guards glanced down at his fallen comrade and then glared at Vawn. Vawn’s devilish grin, taunted the angered guard even more, but by the time the guard could react with his heavy lance, Vawn’s arm was already in an upward motion, the Crotalus’ fangs breaking the jawbone in half from underneath, it punctured through the jaw into the mouth of the guard. The guard forced a scream of pain but only blood gurgled out. Vawn twirled the wand in his hand and with a quick slash the fangs ripped across the guard’s armored chest plate.

Two guards down, one left…

An ear-piercing screech was heard as Freak attacked the last remaining guard. Within a few seconds the guard dropped, his body bruised and cut badly, the guard was literally beaten to death.

Make that three guards down, none left… Vawn grinned again, he was having fun and the Council wanted him to leave. He wasn’t always this hostile, for being a scientist you are normally very docile and try to avoid conflicts. Vawn was different though, he was once docile and peaceful, but then that all changed after what Omni-Tek did to the dimension he came from. Omni-Tek bombed the clan territories several years ago in his dimension and inside the bomb was a virus that eventually killed nearly every single life form on Rubi-ka. Omni-Tek at the time had no idea the virus would spread like a wildfire, they thought they could contain it within the clan territories, they were wrong.

Vawn watched as millions of people died from the virus, and he could do nothing but try to find a cure, which came with no avail. It was then he met a man named Minicorlan, a brilliant doctor that had a temporary cure, but the cure lasted only a short time, eventually if you were not immune, you would die from the virus. Vawn watched Minicorlan die, not from the virus but from a race of creatures known as the Mantazese.

As the years passed Vawn eventually stumbled upon a dimensional gate that brought him to the current dimension he is in now, and he fights to help the clans from Omni-Tek, so the same thing does not happen to this dimension that happened to his own. He was determined to save this Rubi-ka, and there was no question he would fight with a vengeance.

Vawn’s eyes glowed with satisfaction, he was getting better and better with his wand day by day. He glanced over at the agent and the two guards frozen in time by Psychosis, his power was still holding them. Vawn combed his left hand through his black hair and grinned, his eyes locked on the agent.

“You dare attack me… Omni?!?” His voice howled through the corridor of the hallway and he casually moved toward the agent, step by step. Vawn stopped just short of reach from the agent; the mission was over, no need to indulge anymore. He glanced around, “I’d let you live, but if I do that is only one more Omni that might try to kill me. May God have mercy on your soul…”

With a quick slash from the Crotalus the agent’s throat was ripped open and he toppled over immediately. Vawn continued to do the same with the other two remaining Omni personnel and watched as the blood gurgled out the slashed throats of the victims. Vawn turned away with the smile remaining on his face. He was once again satisfied with his job.

He exited the entrance of the factory he would have to be careful and leave in a cloak of darkness to avoid being spotted and attacked. He paused a moment to take in a deep breath of the fresh air and relaxed for just a moment…

Mission… completed…

nice work!

*takes a tissue*

*wipes the tears of her eyes*

beautifull .

Thanks!

I'm glad someone likes it! I guess I'll start posting more on here, of course I'll try to make it so I don't have to edit out the language and such! Heh.

Take care!