Thread: A Fast Fix for NTs and Other Professions

A Fast Fix for NTs and Other Professions

I finally figured out why my NT character has to keep extending his Mat Creat skill as he levels up.

It's the current distribution of First Aid Kits. By that I mean the number of skill points I need to use a kit purchased from a Shop bot.

For example, the skill needed to use First Aid Kits increases from ..., to 57, 74, 93 to 138, which is a nice numeric progression.

BUT the next QL after 138 is 228!!! 90 skill points? at 4 IPs per level (for an NT character)?

That means I have use the same First Aid Kit for 23 levels!!! In the meantime, NPCs hit harder and have more HPs everytime I level up.

The result is that I am forced to "over equip" my Mat Creat skill to get nano programs that will kill NPCs faster because I cannot heal enough during a fight ... even against greens at normal difficulty.

Forcing me to raise my Mat Creat skill to abnormal levels means I cannot put IPs where they should be going; thus, I am forced into creating an unbalanced NT character.

There is something very, very, wrong with this scenario. Perhaps First Aid Kits are the reason that NTs and other professions are screaming about their inability to kill anything at higher levels?

And don't tell me about mission loot because First Aid kits don't drop often enough from NPCs and are rare finds in treasure chests.

Hope this helps ...
    Chynn
    Omni nano NT, Male, Level 200
    Council of Testers

Forcing me to raise my Mat Creat skill to abnormal levels means I cannot put IPs where they should be going;

I hope you meant first aid rather than MC.

Nope, I Meant Mat Creat

I had a choice, Sath, to either put IPs into a light blue skill for 23 levels or put them into a green skill for 23, or fewer, levels.

I tried the light blue First Aid skill first, but I began dying before I could kill mission NPCs because my nano programs weren't powerful enough and I could not recover enough HPs via First Aid Kits.

And, yes, I am armored, boosted, healthed, and evaded just about as far as I can go for my level. Of course, if the NT blind nano programs worked, all this might be moot ... but the NT blind nanos don't work!!!

So I reverted to boosting my Mat Creat skill with implants, general nano programs, and leveling in order to get more powerful nano programs so I could stay alive by killing NPCs faster than they could kill me.

Now I'm going to try the third route. I'm going to try boosting my First Aid skill with implants to see if that will get me past the 90 skill point hurdle.

Never-the-less, the skill point gap between 93 and 138 is one heck of a lot less than the gap between 138 and 228. BTW, the next Kit after 228 is requires 318 skill points ... another 90 point gap ... and 408 after that.

Heck, do the math. The skill points needed to use the next higher First Aid Kit are a numeric progression until you get to 138. Then the interval shoots up at a steep angle to 228.

I think Funcom has screwed NTs and the other professions by putting in excessive skill point gaps after 138.

Hope this helps ...
    Chynn
    Omni nano NT, Male, Level 200
    Council of Testers

Sorry but you're doing something wrong if you only have enough points to either pump MC or First Aid. Fact that MC isn't your priority just shows enough of what kind of character you're playing.