Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tradeskills Items: Where to get them?

Tradeskills Items: Where to get them?

I wanted to compose a list of tradeskill orientated items that exist in the game, and specificly I wanted to create a reference as to where each of them can be found. I know that as an engineer such a list would be invaluble to me, and also to any others who do not have AO mapped out loot-wise.

These are to be tradeskill enhancements items only (ie anything that helps boost trade skills). Feel free to post anything that modifies tradeskills, regardless of whether or not it has a profession restriction. I am hoping that by collaborating on this the engineer community can provide a very efficient, and useful reference to all tradeskillers.

*NOTE: My list as it stands was drafted from a clan perspective, but as this should benefit all, I will happily update it to reflect a universal resource.

Shop Available Tools
    Screwdriver
    Lockpick
    Isotope Separator
    Neuron Displacer
    Jenson Personal Ore Extractor
    Bio-Communicater
    Jenson Gem Cutter
    Wire Drawing Machine
    Precious Metal Reclaimer
    ID-Extractor
    Quantum Field Physics All Purpose Tool
    Sledgehammers
    Chemistry Tutoring Device
    Mechanical Engineering Tutoring Device
    Electrical Engineering Tutoring Device
    Weapon Smithing Tutoring Device
    Pharma Tech Tutoring Device
    Computer Literacy Tutoring Device
    Psychology Tutoring Device
    Nano Programming Interface

*note - Field Quantum Physics Tutoring Devices are not currently available in stores.

UNIQUE TOOLS:
    • Multi-Purpose Tuner is aquired by giving Supply Master Smugg a Gift Wrapped Basket (found as chest loot in solo missions). To do this you need to initiate a small quest with him at the Sentinals Base in Wailing Wastes.
    • MMR (Shape Hard Armor) is made by combining a Mass Relocating Robot with a Programmed Photon Particle Emitter (Shape Hard Armor) found exclusively on 60-70 team mission bosses.
    • MMR (Shape Soft Armor) is made by combining a Mass Relocating Robot with a Programmed Photon Particle Emitter (Shape Soft Armor) found exclusively on 60-70 team mission bosses.
    • Disposal Unit Electrical Toolset drops from the R-2000 Vermin Disposal Unit - Greater Tir County, Brainy Ant Woods - 800x1800 (this is an 18 hour spawn).
    • MMR (Improve Crushing Weapons) is made by combining a Mass Relocating Robot with a Robot Instruction Disc (Improve Crushing Weapons) found as loot in level 30ish missions.
    • MMR (Improve Thrusting Weapons) is made by combining a Mass Relocating Robot with a Robot Instruction Disc (Improve Thrusting Weapons) found as loot in level 30ish missions.
    • MMR (Improve Slashing Weapons) is made by combining a Mass Relocating Robot with a Robot Instruction Disc (Improve Slashing Weapons) found as loot in level 30ish missions.

BASE ENHANCEMENTS
    • Omni-Tek Award - Flags of Glory and Redemption or Clan Merits - Double Sun are the merit boards awarded to players of either faction after earning 1000 tokens from completing missions. The 1k boards will increase NanoProgramming and Computer Literacy by 210 points.
    • Shades of Lubrication
      Drops from Mick "Nugget" McMullet, Clon**** 1100x3700. Boosts both Intelligence and Psychic by 30 points each. Only wearable by Nanomage breeds.
    • Virral Triumvirate Egg
      Made from a series of tradeskilling steps. Required items include Soul Fragments which drop from mobs in high level missions, Robot Junk which drop from high level robotic mobs like Ninjadroids or Slayerdroids, and Gold Ignots which drop as mob loot in missions as well. All of these need to be at least QL190 in order to work.

Lush Hills Resort (1443x667) and Pleasant Meadows are both good places to find Slayerdroids wandering around. For Ninjas wander Pleasant Meadows near the Northeast OP, or the Southeast one. There is also a dynacamp in Belial Forest at coords 400x2250.

TRADESKILL ITEMS:

NOTE: I can add items to the main list as they are contributed.
    Last edited by Caddock; May 8th, 2003 at 20:29:40.

Some of my personal favorites:

Also, I believe Field Quantum Physics Tutoring Devices are currently not available in stores, only as loot. Honestly I haven't checked in the last two patches but I doubt it's been fixed.
    Last edited by Drusillus; Mar 6th, 2003 at 20:14:59.
    Drusillus
    Band of Brothers

Level 143 Omni-Tek Chief Engineer

Curator of the Rubi-Ka Encyclopaedia of Armor

Kevlar Wool Balaclava Helmet

Agent only.

Also the EN-RAL gun is a rollable item.

Your forgetting Azure pants from the OTA crew
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Addition..

A4000 NCU sheet also drops off the Modified A-4001 in Wailing Wastes (Near Supply Master Smug).

This one has the advantage of 5 minute respawn.

Your co-ordinates for the A-4000 in Avalon are incorrect... should be 1100 2500.

Superior Sentinel Armor Pants also add 8 to EE.

Nice list though
    Last edited by Highorbit; Mar 6th, 2003 at 20:41:54.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

Couple more

Gotta have your Nano Programming Interface from the shop.

I use an Omni Intern-Op Coat for the buffs. I believe it is mob/chest loot only.
    Mocham free since February 2003.
    Maestro dependent since January 2003.
    Honestly, that traders are the owners of the tradeskill buffs should not be a major point of complaint. - Munchausen

Smile

Updated with the new info from replies.

wanna know the best part of this???

I HAVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!

cept the clan, and agent crap

/gloating off
    We have enough youth...so how about a fountain of smart?
    =-Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun-= Ash

Oosatansfxoo Funcom's FIRST namenerf.

Mothers agree, Totalkaos is recomended 2 to 1 and is 25% better than someone else.

Armor Config

Construction sleeves are found in all three subways.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing."
    --Socrates

Virtus "Navitas" Eversor

Arrow

Yep, for some reason QT tutoring devices never appear in shops. I even tried "camping" the implant vendor a little bit, which sells a random type of tutoring device at the bottom.

They tend to show up in chests somewhat often though, which could save you some blitzing. (plus nobody else in the team wants them)

Tk, go back to your tradeskill cave! ...er shop

PS, the buffing pistols show up in shops at the right qls once in awhile.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Don't forget the O.E.T. Jess, as +20 int/psy does help most tradeskills with several points.

EDIT: They can be rolled up in normal missions.
    Last edited by Kzak; Mar 7th, 2003 at 14:38:10.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Don't forget the Advanced Head Skinchip - ICC Engineer

Neutral only, but still a nice trade skills item

Very nice info for us fresh Engies.

Could we root this page?

VTEggs...cant forget those....
    /tell Numeric

--:o IS NOT .
    [Khaln]: it's teh small and soft
    [Khaln]: BUT
    [Khaln]: I need teh large and hard

Shades of Lucubration add a nice 30 Int/Psy, which should trickle down nicely into several tradeskills too
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

The other skinchip, the temperature-based one.. gives +10 to CompLit at QL200.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Originally posted by Smacdevil
    Shades of Lucubration add a nice 30 Int/Psy, which should trickle down nicely into several tradeskills too

The tradeskill lvl 50 at for engineers (repairmans hat) will give you more tradeskills than shades. If your not a engineer then might as well use em.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

next patch can you actually make yourself a Mechanical Analyzer (was it 4 ME for each of them?) - it's a part of the Upgraded Solar Pistol
    Krabbus - Engineer in game and outside. Both working their ass off for almost 4 years...

This account was cancelled at:
    2004-09-18 01:57:53
    It will remain playable until : 2004-??-?? ??:??:??
    Reason: this game is turning more and more into a work... call it my second work if you'd like.

One more for you...

http://aomainframe.info/showitem.asp?AOID=165459

For some Dustbrigade Commander Gloves from the general guy in Pertetual wastes.

I'd have made the link look nice and stuff but I can't be bothered to look up how to do it
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

updated.

updated the list. Thanks for the continual feedback.

I meant to update this thread much much sooner but I was unable to post/edit anything in the AO forums for quite some time now.

Now that the problem has been fixed I can maintain this list.

The T70 Beyers can also be bought in the Advanced shops when the QL available is right. I know, I bought my pair of Beyers there.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast