Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixers - gridarmor

*sighs at TheHidden*

I suggest you learn alittle about your profession, cause if your playing a Fixer, and all you think grid armour does is add a little to AC's then I hope to god your on the Clan side, cause if your Omni, I'll shoot you in the head myself.

BTw, 13.8 patch notes are out, Fixers are getting an AoE attack called Area Burst, I assume its a new feature on Maussers/Suppressors, not sure if its Fixer only or on these weapons only, or it may be a nano who knows, FC patch notes are often pretty poor in the communication department.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

im omni so plz shoot me to realease me from my pain

i never seens any stats about the gridarmor. i just followed some threads on this bored and many people told me thats the gridarmor isnt realy worth the PRICE.

what i mean is that fixer r fu*** up in many ways.
    just read the description of fixers and tell what of the promised we have. all we have a B&E and thats actually not realy well implemented. i had some luck this day and i found some1 who hacked my QL80 mauser for me.
    its needs 336 B&E. thats far to high. next step is the chem. chamber, the barrel and the Platinum plate.
    they all need a wepsmth of 336!
    the plantinum plate lies about 100k. its not impossible to get that money. takes me 2 or 3 houres but the probs r teh reqs u need to build the weapon. they r insane high.
    i can deal the dark blue nano skillz. and i knew that fixers r a hard profession, but we could use some more fixing. i dont want to be the great DMG dealer, i dont want to be ultimative teammate. all i want is soem use for fixers.

looks like FC gives us the blackmarket in the 13.8 patch. actually noone founds the promissed term on the test server right now, and also the Area Burst wast found yet, but maybe its just not implented. but ... the gridarmor is (in my point of view) a part of the fixer. @ least the MK1 should be available in stores. reduce the effects if u want, but give us some more chances to survive a solo mission. im to glad i can use my insurance hack now, but it would get also useless after some lvls.

MP - can fly
    Engies - got strong slayer droids
    crats - can charm/mezz mobs
    docs - have some usefull heals and DoT
    trader - debuff mobs (naver played one so i dont know how usefull it is)
    fixer - can run fast and cast themselfs(others) into the grid and flee from mobs which dont brings them any XP

dont u think thats a bit unfair?

*asks Falcon*
    i just found the description of teh Gridarmor MK I. so plz tell me now whats sooo cool on the gridamor? every MA or engie gots a AC buff. i just dont know what DMS should be so maybe its that what u ment.
    the 100 increase of our evades is nice but nor realy usefull in missions. maybes it blocks 5-15 dmg points. A Tank armor can do this too (got some debuffs but who cares)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Gridarmor MKI

DMSModifier by 870 On Wearer (whats DMS?)
    MeleeAC by 53 On Wearer
    ProjectileAC by 53 On Wearer
    ProjectileAC by 53 On Wearer
    FireAC by 53 On Wearer
    ColdAC by 53 On Wearer
    ChemicalAC by 53 On Wearer
    PoisonAC by 53 On Wearer
    RadiationAC by 53 On Wearer
    Dodge by 100 On Wearer
    Evade by 100 On Wearer
    Duck by 100 On Wearer
    ----------------------------------------
    btw
    i loved to have something i can work through on, but if an item is sooo rare, its just no more fun trying to find it.
    and actualy thats the only thing that makes fixers fixer.

lets see what the next patch brings ...

PS:can u explain me what fixers r actual usefull for?
    Last edited by Achmed20; Feb 15th, 2002 at 02:55:48.

What the grid armour gives you is a real high DMS.

Since attacks are based on AMs vs DMS you can clearly see the advantage.

One reason somepeople are careful about what price they pay is they fear that FC will nerf the amount of DMS you get one of these days. (Afterall look at their track record)

Grid Armour is worth the money, as long as FC doen't end up nerfing it. Hopefully they will not.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

sorry but whats DMS?
    never heard it!

basically it just boosts your evades through the roof, and it allows you to solo red mobs (sometimes).

the AC is relatively low, though, so when you actually DO get hit, it hurts. bad. although you only get hit maybe 1 out of every 6 attacks or so.

then again, i'm running all on hearsay, 'cause i gave up on my hunt for grid armor a long time ago.

-Muffinhunter
    83 omni fixer

MK2 Grid Armor

+1350 DMS
    125 AC's (cant be worn with other armor) Engies AC buffs are your best friends

The Good:
    Teaming with a Doc OR MP with a heal pet they have plenty of time to heal you before you get hit *cough* HARD again
    Which makes you a good Tank ,, but then the trouble comes in Damage dealing .. We cant hold the AGG"s off the others very well

The Bad:
    Pretty bad in SOLO missions/hunting though since the hits HURT!!
    Max your 1'st aid....
    Unless their green/gray mobs then they wont land too many and your HoT has a bit of time to help out

The UGLY:
    Gray- NT / MP mobs can kill you pretty easy since you cant dodge nano-spells and have no type of AC's to handle the blow
    (heh ..if you see 3 casters in the first room Run :P )

All in All ,it's worth the Investment and the Skimping out on the rest of your skills. ( I still use a ql 44 HoT at lvl 117 )
    Last edited by smallfoe; Feb 15th, 2002 at 04:30:30.

ok, FC, do what u want.
    i was lucky to find my Gridarmor MKI yesterday so all i need is lvling liek hell to use it.

*be so happy*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12