Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Borealis Pact signed in the ICC

I assure you there is no locally abundant notum supply at azure lake anymore. we have done the studies, our data is clear. Azure lake is very low on Notum with only trace amounts in the soil and air. Far below the Rubi-Ka average.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Originally posted by Aazamon
    I assure you there is no locally abundant notum supply at azure lake anymore. we have done the studies, our data is clear. Azure lake is very low on Notum with only trace amounts in the soil and air. Far below the Rubi-Ka average.
    And your scientists are neutral observing scientists with no poilitical agenda behind them.

Don't take offense, I wouldn't trust clan scientists to give an unbiased report. I will pass judgement personally on the amount of notum around azure lake until I hear more scientists support the same thing, some from OmniTek, some from the Clans, and more neutrals. This is the only way to find a true answer, by sifting through all the bias.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Well Uwen our scientists are members of the Nanomage Liberation Front. And I fully understand that we may be seen as biased that is why I advertised the information that backs up what we know to be true before I mentioned our own studies. We knew long before it became evident to others that the notum supply was dwindling. We have been trying for over a year to bring this to light, and we almost succeded in a major breakthrough. But then ICC deregulated notum mining and all the sudden a lot of our old friends have become silent and have seemed to forget what they knew to be true too. Interesting isn't it?

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Azure Lake, Borealis and the mine

((This is from the beginers guide on this very webpage))

"Borealis
    In the early days of the city, 2873 years ago, Borealis was a small mining community hosting just a few hundred inhabitants. The mining however, never amounted to much, due to the lack of Notum resources in the local mines.

In most cases, the lack of Notum to a mining community on Rubi-Ka would mean an early downfall of that community. Borealis on the other hand, set within the massive reaches of the Western mountains, had something no other city on the planet has. It had natural protection.

Lack of control, isolation, and the obvious strategic advantages, proved the perfect setting for a thriving smuggler community to take over where the mining had failed. With these activities forming the backbone of a growing society, many a man has had to face an untimely demise in the cold streets of the city.

These days, Omni-Tek is closely monitoring the situation in Borealis, and the smuggling has diminished into the almost negligible, or most likely moved to a more secure location. Even with the close attention paid the city by Omni-Tek, Borealis remains one of the only large cities on Rubi-Ka that still clings to its neutrality, as neither Omni-Tek nor the clans can truly claim to be masters of the city. Borealis is ruled by a council of independent merchants, who realize their very existence, and profit, relies on clinging to that very neutrality."
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

And I can assure you that to this day the Mine near borealis is still lacking more than trace notum. It has not replenished.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

And I can assure you that to this day the Mine near borealis is still lacking more than trace notum. It has not replenished.
    To use the statements of yourself and Dr. Tiny, I think I can easily state WHY it might be possible that there are lower notum traces near Borealis. Let's take this statement from the official histories of the city of Borealis:

"The mining however, never amounted to much, due to the lack of Notum resources in the local mines. "

It leads to reason that an area that had never amounted to much in the way of notum mining would have a naturally depressed notum saturation, therefore showing less trace notum in the area. Using areas that are naturally fallow in regards to notum (and have always been so) to prove that Rubi-Ka is being mined dry is an obvious fraud.

I am hard pressed not to believe that the NLF is not simply making things up to prove their extremist views to themselves and justify their own actions against clan and Omni-Tek alike.
    Nicholas "Maxilon" Markarian
    Executive of 'The Concillium'
    Bureaucrat
    Clan Union Representative
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

Originally posted by Maxilon

To use the statements of yourself and Dr. Tiny, I think I can easily state WHY it might be possible that there are lower notum traces near Borealis. Let's take this statement from the official histories of the city of Borealis:

"The mining however, never amounted to much, due to the lack of Notum resources in the local mines. "

It leads to reason that an area that had never amounted to much in the way of notum mining would have a naturally depressed notum saturation, therefore showing less trace notum in the area. Using areas that are naturally fallow in regards to notum (and have always been so) to prove that Rubi-Ka is being mined dry is an obvious fraud.

I am hard pressed not to believe that the NLF is not simply making things up to prove their extremist views to themselves and justify their own actions against clan and Omni-Tek alike.
    Exactly, if the mine failed in the first place, that doesn't mean it was mined dry. It means it had a negligible amount of notum in the first place!

Actually the point is that there WAS notum there, not a lot but a significant amount to support a minor mining village. Once the notum was mined away it is GONE FOR GOOD. That is the point.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Actually the point is that there WAS notum there, not a lot but a significant amount to support a minor mining village. Once the notum was mined away it is GONE FOR GOOD. That is the point.
    No no no no no. The mine failed because there wasn't enough notum there in the first place. The town was built in hopes that there would be a significant amount of notum there, but there was already a negligibel amount. Smuggling is the only reason the town was supported to the finish.

Uwen the mine ran for a short time, this is clear, and there was enough notum in the survey to justify building the mine. If you go and see it it's large, and has a few stages to it. If it had no notum why did they build it so large? It was a small mine that tapped out too early and made little profit. It clearly states the mining didn't amount to much, not nothing at all.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Uwen the mine ran for a short time, this is clear, and there was enough notum in the survey to justify building the mine. If you go and see it it's large, and has a few stages to it. If it had no notum why did they build it so large? It was a small mine that tapped out too early and made little profit. It clearly states the mining didn't amount to much, not nothing at all.
    It is entirely possible they were drilling deeper because they believe a deeper vein of notum existed there. OmniTek does have deep planet mines around, its possible they were trying to build another and gave up because of the small amount of notum there.

If Still Open

As you have probably Read in my posts about the Fremen, We care deeply about the planet, Maybe not for the same reasons, but we do want the notum to be stopped, As long as you can assure me that no notum bases will be build by this pact, then you can count The Fremen in, But i must say, that we will concentrate, on Neutral Orgs like The Forsaken first, then Hit Omni, Hitting Clan, Last, since we have more faith in them. As for Notum running out, there is one simple thing to remember, it doesn't have to be finite, or such. As a sci fi show of back in the old days of around the year 2000 had called DS9, There was a secondary species. They didnt' need so much oxygen in the air, so their way to kill off the homo sapiens, was to destroy oxygen producing plants. They weren't going to eliminate the oxygen, just reduce it. For all we know, since, most homo nano don't like to be dissected, is that they might need 20% notum, or maybe even 80% notum in the area. Also this same time period, people thought that Oil and gas was infinite, or at least plenty, but it was being shown that millions of gallons of gas were being used, a Year, and that the amounts left might make prices start to sky high. Due to this, we can assume, that in the future we may find out more, but i would rather not make our fellow citizens have to move to other parts of the world, just to live.

Oh yeah, and finally about the planet being attacked, yes you are right, we will have other companies come down to mine. But lets look at it this way. Omni joins in and stops exporting Notum. Another corporation decides since the ICC lets them, that they want to start mining. Omni-Tek Shoots them down or whatever they do. Now, ICC deems Rubi-ka to be a planet of terrorists, instead of peaceful people. Due to the fact that just because we care about the planet doesn't mean everyone does. And then ICC and the other corporations work together, give all citizens a warning to leave, and then carpet bomb the planet, or even just as easy send in terraforming drones, and mass annilhate all on planet. So forget saving Rubi-ka, We must save Rubi-ka, and Get the ICC on our side, or somehow find a way, to test how much is being produced and only allow that much to be shipped off.

Re: If Still Open

Originally posted by Ramaladu

Omni joins in and stops exporting Notum. Another corporation decides since the ICC lets them, that they want to start mining. Omni-Tek Shoots them down or whatever they do.
    OmniTek would never voluntarily stop mining/exporting notum.

So forget saving Rubi-ka, We must save Rubi-ka, and Get the ICC on our side, or somehow find a way, to test how much is being produced and only allow that much to be shipped off.
    Forget saving RubiKa, we must save RubiKa? What?

((First a question Uwen, are you an English major, lol you pick out a lot from my writing , I just don't write things i guess as clear as some would like ))

Sorry about the confusion Uwen, Most Studious in his studies of our native language. I was meaning as in Don't narrow Your focus on Saving Rubi-ka, We must look to greater things also.

And as for Omni, Well, We can always hope they will change their ways, maybe if Ross comes out of power, or something, maybe he will meet the woman of his dreams and she will be nano, and he will see her start to die, so he might change. WHo knows but we can hope.

Originally posted by Uwen
    Therefore, I will have to withdraw my support for this, at least until we have the means to repulse other corporate invaders. Until that point, research should be started into ways to create a portable, renewable notum or notum substitute source for the nanomages so they can leave the planet, if only for short periods of time. Failing this, the only viable option I see is the removal of notum from the DNA, thus eliminating the nanomage need for notum.
    WHAT?!? Are you NUTS?!? Notum is what makes Nanomage's unique. Without it we'd be nothing more than a slimey Solitus like YOU! How dare you suggest the resequencing of Nanomage DNA?
    Stop drilling for Notum! Save me, save OUR planet!!

And Tif, I know a couple nanomages that do not care about the notum supply. They are loyalist Omni employees. The argument one them gave me was that, if the nanomage are trapped on this planet for eternity, there is no reason to wish the race to continue. He told me that he would rather see the race extinct than have them enslaved on this planet "only looking up to the stars, never venturing to them". [/B]
    These Omni Loyalists are being brain washed. I WILL SET THEM FREE! I will show them the TRUTH! Being stuck on this planet is a drawback, but in order for us to find a way to leave this planet, WE MUST STOP NOTUM MINING, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!! Once the Mining is stopped we can address the issue of Nanomage's finding a way to leave this planet. The first order of business however is to HALT ALL NOTUM MINING!

TILL ALL ARE FREE!!!

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    Regardless of acceptable levels, you're still bassing your premiss on something that has not been substantiated. So, you should focus your efforts on proving that which has not been proven yet before you cause further panic.
    I am a Nanomage, I feel it inside! I feel the planet calling for help!
    When you hear something calling for help, do you just sit there?

WELL I DO NOT SIT. I TAKE ACTION. ACTION THAT I KNOW IS RIGHT! I don't need substantiation. What would you know you are just a lousy Solitus anyway!

Causing PANIC brings attention. Attention brings change!

TILL ALL ARE FREE!!!

Originally posted by Ramaladu
    ((First a question Uwen, are you an English major, lol you pick out a lot from my writing , I just don't write things i guess as clear as some would like ))

Sorry about the confusion Uwen, Most Studious in his studies of our native language. I was meaning as in Don't narrow Your focus on Saving Rubi-ka, We must look to greater things also.

And as for Omni, Well, We can always hope they will change their ways, maybe if Ross comes out of power, or something, maybe he will meet the woman of his dreams and she will be nano, and he will see her start to die, so he might change. WHo knows but we can hope.
    ((Hehe, sorry about that ))

Ah ok, sorry if I pick apart your words too much

boy Uwen you are making a lot of giant leaps to explain away every bit of evidence I show you. Why are you so interested in defending notum exploitation. You can choose to ignore the obviouse facts or you can choose to follow what is right. It may not be easy, but it is right.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Originally posted by Tifanyx

WHAT?!? Are you NUTS?!? Notum is what makes Nanomage's unique. Without it we'd be nothing more than a slimey Solitus like YOU! How dare you suggest the resequencing of Nanomage DNA?
    Stop drilling for Notum! Save me, save OUR planet!!

These Omni Loyalists are being brain washed. I WILL SET THEM FREE! I will show them the TRUTH! Being stuck on this planet is a drawback, but in order for us to find a way to leave this planet, WE MUST STOP NOTUM MINING, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!! Once the Mining is stopped we can address the issue of Nanomage's finding a way to leave this planet. The first order of business however is to HALT ALL NOTUM MINING!

TILL ALL ARE FREE!!!
    Slimey solitus? Tif, have you gone mad? You are going to choose the death of your race over being a solitus? And of course these loyalists have been brainwashed, but they know they have been brainwashed. They enjoy it the greed and do not wish to be set free. And Tif, you do realise that while you are so dead set against notum mining, Whisper's Edge has a mine of its own? Albeit a single and rather small one a mine nonetheless?

No, everyone loses. OmniTek exports notum for a profit. The galactic demand for notum is exorbitant. Even if OmniTek wanted to cut the profit it gained from notum, the other corporations would jump on RubiKa like Wasteprowlers on a wounded Reet. And the ICC would condone it. And, against the might of all the other corporations, we would lose. The notum would flow faster with new companies taking over the planet. OmniTek would be crippled. Just another supercorporation. And the rest of the planet would be enslaved once more, this time under a different corporate yoke. No, no one wins with this and everyone loses.
    Uwen, EVERYONE WINS! You win, I win, all lifeforms on Rubi-Ka win. Omni-Tek exports for profit, thats true, but by last count Omni-Tek has 23 years left on its lease. If Omni-Tek decides to HALT all Notum Mining, there is nothing that any other corporation can do. Not for at least another 20 years. In which time a UNITED RUBI-KA can prepare its defenses in case some low life Corporations, try to start a war and attack Rubi-Ka.
    In that war we can stand hand in hand and crush any enemies that stand in our way.

But will that "fantasy" become a reality? Nope. Omni-Tek is TOO GREEDY and they don't give DAMN about the people on RUBI-KA.

So we are back to square one. STOP THE MINING. THIS PLANET IS DYING! Any organization that holds a tower on Rubi-Ka are nothing more than brutal thug murdering degenerates.

STOP THE MINING THE PLANET IS DYING!!!
    TILL ALL ARE FREE!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast