Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broken missions IS a Game-stopper!

Money

Mission blitzing under 13.0 is hopeless. Impossible. It doesn't work. So, the only option is.....

killing greys. Yep. Not much money, and maybe not possible for docs, but at least those that have some combat ability can make a good profit off of it. Slow and tedious, just like everything else in this game is becoming.

Concealment as a Skill has been BROKEN

I play a lvl 70 Agent and have conceal at 1135. Now conceal has been broken. It is useless now to sneak a mission because at some point..and this has always been the case even in previous patches something would break concealment and you had to run.

Now though concealment not only breaks...it breaks permanently in missions. That is, if you can you have to zone out and then zone back in. Since cloaking devices dont work anymore when you zone w/them you get insta aggroed by the MOB's inside.

Check my post under Agent Profession about all this.

Nevertheless, I chose an Agent because I do not like to do missions to gain exp. I do not like working at a mission for more than an hour. I do not like fighting in a mission >>>> I am a sniper not some idiot wielding a rifle in closed rooms (or so I would like to believe). Missions therefor were my source of income. This now has been rendered virtually impossible.

This was an essential part of 'my' game mechanics. Now it has been broken, my skill is useless (already useless in PvP btw - u can't conceal an enemy 'tabbing' you). So, what drugs are your programmers on?

My patiente with the idiocy here is wearing thin...and if I wouldn't love my Agent as much as I do, ...well - I'm pretty close to giving up on this game...not to mention the storyline that effectively has no impact on the game mechanics...

This is sad, so sad.

Not that it'll change much but,

I DO think it's a game stopper.

Heck, even 12.9 was better !

hmm

why has my account been changed so i have to login every time i want to do something on these boards?

oh well, in any case

We are hoping to get some mission fixes out very soon. I'm waiting with bated breath to tell you guys. Once I get the all-clear, I'll let you know what's up.

----------------------------------

We've heard that one after every single patch since 12.7

Mission (reposted)

Im reposting a post i made on another thred, since this thred is sticky and most people seem to be posting here, ill post my post again here:

I dont understand how these missions are game stoppers so here is what its been like for me the last 2 days:

Yesterday after patch I did 10 missions:

5 were the get the item and take it back. 3 of them I got tokens, 1 I didnt get a token for whatever reason (i didnt kill all the npcs?), and 2 the item disappeared when i picked it up (this was because of maybe the fact i was in combat when i tried both of these)

5 I did the describe item and kill all quests. The first 2 i didnt get a reward or tokens, i figured out why, you have to select the item and stand there for 5 seconds before you get the reward (DONT PICK IT UP) after that i got 3 rewards and 3 tokens from my last missions.

Today:

10 describe missions - 10 tokens, 10 rewards. So explain to me
    again how missions are broke?

Sure, sometimes they are buggy, if you have a full inventory or in combat the item either disappears if your doing the bring back item missions.

Some people are complaining that there are doors they cannot enter. THESE DOORS ARE LOCKED!. Click on them, it says they are locked, lockpick them

Mission locations - Kinda FUBAR, once again i think there needs to be some sort of bar to select closer missions with penalties. But, this fix which changed some of mission locations was FAR better for the lowbie players than the bigger ups, as a lowbie you will notice you arnt getting missions in friggin clon**** at lvl 10. So dont complain if it takes your lvl 80 30 mins to reach your destination with your jet :P Newbies were getting slaughtered in one hit trying to run to their clon**** missions.

Blitzing - Was ghay in the beginning, i never supported this, and i viewed it as a way to saturate the market with cash. I think blitzing should maybe be allowed again with penalties just to stop the whiners. Maybe no item reward and half the cash reward, or maybe all cash reward or no item reward, etc.

Soloing missions - Not every class can solo missions at later levels. This game never garanteed you would always be able to solo missions at your half bar, some classes can solo, others cant, if you want to get tokens as a doc soloing put the bar all the way back and get yer token and not worry about the cash or item. If you want alot of money and dont care about tokens get a team mission and do that.

Anyways go ahead and flame me as a Funcom-lover or whatever. You people are unreasonable about everything. Atleast you have a chance to solo in this game, unlike Everblows where you cant even take a dump without having a full group to watch yer arse. I beleive funcom is doing a great job at both making it so teams are necissary, but, not always needed.
    Last edited by Kizzim; Nov 16th, 2001 at 01:10:02.

Re: Mission (reposted)

Soloing missions - Not every class can solo missions at later levels. This game never garanteed you would always be able to solo missions at your half bar, some classes can solo, others cant, if you want to get tokens as a doc soloing put the bar all the way back and get yer token and not worry about the cash or item. If you want alot of money and dont care about tokens get a team mission and do that.
    I don't care if I can't solo missions as a doc, but suggesting that I take a team mission to get cash tells me you've never played a doctor. As I've said many times before, at level 50+ as a doctor, no matter *what* you do to get money, even if you do missions with a team, the cost of the nano recharges you use healing yourself and your team-mates far far outweighs the 'reward' you get at the end of the mission.

I'm not whining. I'm simply stating a fact that high-level doctors can't afford to upgrade their nanos because they can't earn any money. Mission blitzing was the only way, outside of begging and taking donations from your guild or friends.

If you have a real suggestion on how to make money as a high-level doctor, I'm open to trying it. I never enjoyed Mission Blitzing, but without it, I simply can't play my doctor anymore unless someone gives me money. I would venture a guess that there are *many* other doctors in the same boat right now.

If I 'team' with anyone, I have to spend a good 20-30k in an hour or two simply keeping myself and everyone else alive. No team mission I've ever seen would bring me more than that because the reward gets split. God help you if you're in a big group.. You'll spend 30k and get 12k as a mission reward.

That's not to mention that every 5-10 levels you *need* to update your healing nanos to keep everyone alive. In the high forties and fifties, I was spending 200-300K everytime I upgraded.

It's simple econimics, really. The cost of playing a doctor far outweighs your ability to earn cash. That piled on top of the rich twinks who buy credits off ebay and spam you with rude tells when they die in your group makes playing a doctor *zero* fun for me.

All I want to know is are they going to bring back Mission Blitzing or institute a few viable ways for us to make money? That's is. Answer that question one way or the other, and I'm satisfied.

Well, if that's true, it is just so sweet isn't it...

[i]Originally posted by Kizzim [/i
    5 I did the describe item and kill all quests. The first 2 i didnt get a reward or tokens, i figured out why, you have to select the item and stand there for 5 seconds before you get the reward (DONT PICK IT UP) after that i got 3 rewards and 3 tokens from my last missions.
    [/B]
    DON'T pick it up you say? Really?
    Well wouldn't THAT have been nice to know BEFORE I tried to play this stupid game and DID pick the item up JUST like it had ALWAYS worked BEFORE.
    Huh, wouldn't it have?

They CHANGE the way the game works and don't bother telling us?
    All I can tell you is I wasted about 5 hours of my time (and I don't have a whole lot of it free to waste) running missions for which I got NOTHING. And why? Because they changed, inadvertantly or not, the mechanics of the way Find-and-Describe missions work?

You don't think I should be PISSED? Am I supposed to spend MY time figuring out what all the little 'secret' game mechanics changes are? Maybe that's the way you get YOUR freaking little kicks but it isn't mine.

Missions

First off Kizzim we are not all whining.

You are just one of the luckiest sods alive, cos almost everyone else seems to have problems. I havent had a successful missions since the patch. No tokens despite killing everything, no prize item which is why you do that mission anyway, no money or exp, and a couple of times, the item I picked up has gone missing.

Cosmik, glad missions are being worked on, but like a couple of people above said, it IS gamestopping. I wont play until its fixed, because I redid my characters and missions are what I like doing even if they werent low level.( Though I get your point about tech issues etc) Hunting is also hard because of that crappy give it a rest thing - what is that supposed to be about anyway?

Hope it gets fixed soon, would be an idea to keep us all updated regularly until its fixed. Please make it soon cos I was actually loving it until this happened.

Describe item missions...

I posted this in the game-stopping area, but it should be here:

Describe item missions are not often working even when the person takes the time to clear out the entire mission for a token.

Last night, I did three "describe item" missions (where you just grab the item and receive the money and reward then and there), and only two were successful.

I didn't pick the item up as I had before the patch, but simply clicked on it and waited for the mission to complete. Like I said, it worked twice, but the last mission gave no recognition that the item I found was the one to be "described".

I know they aren't working when you're being attacked. Whether this intentional or not, who can tell? I do recall that Funcom said mission blitzing for cash is okay, but you won't get a token that way. Did they change their minds?

At any rate, for those of us who do kill everything, it's pretty disappointing to get nothing for our efforts.

The settings I've always used are "bad/money", which yield often crappy reward items but offer a decent amount of cash. I did an assassination mission, and a radar mission and that worked, but even with the slider set to full money (money/stealth, money/myst), I got considerably less than the describe item missions. Oh well.

- Misophist/Frenetic
    RK1

Kizzim
    Missions are definitely fubar'd. They aren't consistently fubar'd but they are fubar'd enough to be a huge amount of trouble.
    Picked up two missions today:
    First one, nothing spawned in the dungeon. NOTHING. Not the object, no mobs, nuthin'. Double checked if it was the right spot. It was.
    Second one, mission goal mob aggro'd on me, so i had to zone. Came back, concealed up, stood in the room for five minutes with the mob selected, nothing happened.

If you're not having problems, then i wish you fun and merry times. I know that I won't let a few bad missions, or a currently borked mission system get me out of this game, but there ARE those of us that are having problems, and the problems need to be fixed.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Re: Mission (reposted)

Originally posted by Kizzim
    *snip*
    Today:

10 describe missions - 10 tokens, 10 rewards. So explain to me
    again how missions are broke?

----Well good for you, but trust me, the ones *we* did today were all broken. So maybe you were just lucky.

*snip*

Mission locations - Kinda FUBAR, once again i think there needs to be some sort of bar to select closer missions with penalties. But, this fix which changed some of mission locations was FAR better for the lowbie players than the bigger ups, as a lowbie you will notice you arnt getting missions in friggin clon**** at lvl 10. So dont complain if it takes your lvl 80 30 mins to reach your destination with your jet :P Newbies were getting slaughtered in one hit trying to run to their clon**** missions.
    First of all, not *all* higher levels have Yalmahas, but that's beside the point. Fact is that I (for example, Lvl 70 Agent) get *nothing* but Longest Road Missions. Even 3 next to each other, if I want. Well - that's just plain boring. I'm *not* complaining that they are far out, I'm complaining that each and every single mission I get is to Longest Road, with a far and few Varmint Wood ones in between.

Blitzing - Was ghay in the beginning, i never supported this, and i viewed it as a way to saturate the market with cash. I think blitzing should maybe be allowed again with penalties just to stop the whiners. Maybe no item reward and half the cash reward, or maybe all cash reward or no item reward, etc.
    They already have their penalty - you don't get XP for mission blitzing. In addition comes the concealment nerf - I maxxed my concealment to do some sneaking - so is this another 30,40,50 k IP down the drain???

*snip*

You don't know to much about this game, do you? If I put the bar all the way back, I get nothing but grey mobs - hence no token.

Missions (again)

The only thing I can think of if yall are having these problems and im not is that mission generators are differnet for different areas. I always figured there was a piece of code that every mission generator used, it picked a area, then based on that it picks the room, then it picks the treasures, etc. (This is how i would have done it), but then i have reason to beleive it works like this:

I think each zone has some sort of template of what rooms, items, etc it allows to be in its missions because ive seen certain room items (ie: signs, directional arrows, locked doors, etc) only in certain zones. Its possible that the places im hunting have the updated and new templates and code that arnt giving me these problems.

One other thing no one has mentioned are some of the mission locations that are in places that cannot be gotten, ie: ive had a few missions where my entrance was in the middle of a mountain.
    I always bugreport and petition gms when i see these.

I havent been able to find one of those missions where your suppose to find someone. Some people are complaining they are aggroing them. Only thing i can suggest is maybe they are using the protect code, you know how like shades of the same type will protect other shades when you attack them.

This part is for the doctor who reponded to my post:

In the original posts it was not clear that docs were complaining that they couldnt do missions because of costs to maintain but rather just mission bugs in general. I understand that docs have severe money costs, but this isnt a mission problem, true, you survived before by blitzing and getting money, but lets not blame blitzing 100%. I think the issue on you having to buy yer nano rechargers or stims or whatever costing too much, maybe asking the programmers to reduce costs, or maybe make it a viable tradeskill.

Personally, i love docs, you guys keep me alive, any doc i group with i make sure that i donate money to his funds 90% of them refuse to accept my money saying (your the tank, you kill stuff and put yourself at risk, im the doc i sit back and spend a little cash to regen my nano for you), ive experienced this up to lvl 80ish. Ive yet to see the doctors costs higher than that so im not able to respond.

Im personally ignorant on most of the nano recharger stuff, my characters are a agent and a soldier. So you can maybe explain more in detail what your spending most of your money on (besides nano formulas) maybe you can help me understand.

Re: Re: Have to agree

Originally posted by Cosmik

I want my shield too. We're working on it.

The cookie problem is also something we are working on. In your Edit Options (In the User CP) try changing the cookie options (both of them) to 'no'. Weird, I know, but it works for me.
    I tried that option (setting both to no) - does nothing for me. I have to relog for every single *move* I make. *Sighs* Oh well...

Response to: Spacegipsy

Reponse to Spacegipsy:

original quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spacegipsy quote:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They already have their penalty - you don't get XP for mission blitzing. In addition comes the concealment nerf - I maxxed my concealment to do some sneaking - so is this another 30,40,50 k IP down the drain???
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay where in my post did i say 'Please whine about concealment'. Next, i never said that blitzing didnt already have a penalty, i was trying to argue to LESSEN the penalty, not give it something additional. I HAVE a agent, im pretty damn sure im just as mad as you about concealment being broke, but it has NOTHING to do with what i just posted.

original quote:

Spacegipsy quote:
    *snip*

You don't know to much about this game, do you? If I put the bar all the way back, I get nothing but grey mobs - hence no token.

Evedently after this last patch the full easy bar gives tokens, ive tested it. Thats how im getting most of my tokens now, if i only want tokens and dont care about cash, i put it all the way to the left. Maybe its dependant on level, but with atleast ONE of my characters i know for a fact 100% of the time when I do it and do the missions properly I GET A TOKEN.

In conclusion once again i feel like im talking to one of those lamers who just regurgitate everything anyone else says. (IE: "decus coats is all you should use, ac bonus with no penalty", when in accuality id rather use the battle suit that gives me more ac with penalties, or "AR/RE is the only way to go with a soldier", when in acuality AR/HW is a good option also)

When you actually play the game, try different things out, try to solve problems on your on, or get 100% true information from one of the programmers, then please dont comment on my posts.
    Last edited by Kizzim; Nov 16th, 2001 at 00:28:50.

*grunt*

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Well, well, I'm a genious. I just fixed it.

/strong3
    Does not help at all... Don't know if it's the so called "new and improved IE6" that's giving me trouble, or the boards themselves. But after I turned on the cookies I had to log on again for EVERYTHING I do... Now (after turning it off again) I just have to do it every 5 minutes or so... Very Annoying...

SvUpP

Ran 10 missions thus far today with my 14th MP. 7 were 'Kill target', 2 were 'Return Item', 1 was 'Find Person'.

Out of all of them, despite clearing the entire mission areas before killing the target on those 7, clearing the mission on the Return Item, and clearing the mission on the 'Find Person' one, I got... wait for it...

2 TOKENS. From TEN (10) missions.

Despite killing 100% of the creatures in all cases before triggering mission completion. When I could.

Did I mention that the 'Find Person' mission, despite my finding the person, never triggered? No matter how long he was targetted, and wouldn't let me make a reference of him. Just what, praytell, was I supposed to do to solve THAT one?

I'm sorry, but right now, with all the other mission problems, topped off with missions now almost never yielding tokens (which are WHY I RUN MISSIONS RIGHT NOW), there is just no reason left for me to play.

This should not have gone live. We (the testers) warn Funcom till we're blue in the face, yet they never pay ANY regard to our warnings. Now, the Live servers are basically unplayable to me and everyone else who wanted to run missions for actual tokens and rewards and the best Funcom reps can say is "We're looking into it"????!!!!! Why didn't they start looking into (and fixing) it when it was initially reported to them weeks ago???

Funcom needs to IMMEDIATELY make these changes:
    • Missions that cannot yield tokens no matter what due to size need to immediately be fixed to SAY SO, so we can avoid wasting our time on them. If that means full staffing in dev 24/7 until done, then do it. Because right now your customers are being screwed 24/7 by your game.
    • Funcom needs to provide a list, IMMEDIATELY, of which mission types work, which do not, and ALL information they have about 'changed triggering behavior' in causing missions to 'complete'. If this means sitting down and torturing the relevent designer to get this information, go to it. Your customers are being constantly tortured by these bugs in your game. You KNOW they're broken, until you can fix em, you can at least do the honorable thing and warn customers.
    • The missions which are not yielding tokens need to be formally logged. Funcom needs to review those logs and issue tokens to the players affected when this situation is fixed and over. Nobody gives a damn about Funcom's 'We don't reimburse' policy... it's YOUR fault it's broken, take some accountability for it.
    I have never seen a company so desperate to avoid any hint of accountability despite CLEAR proof they were at fault. It's about time Funcom stands up and acts in a responsible manner, instead of slinking around hiding and muttering "we're looking at the problem" over and over while looking for a better place to hide.

Funcom: Do you realize just how wafer-thin close you are to pushing vast numbers of your remaining customers out the door, and perhaps even into the arms of attorneys?

Nobody's fooled by yet another board wipe. The older issues didn't disappear, no matter how much you want to make it look that way. Not letting people post bugs or ask for support publically doesn't make the issues disappear either. Your EULA will NOT save you from what you're doing now. You know this, right?

Re: Response to: Spacegipsy

Originally posted by Kizzim
    Reponse to Spacegipsy:

*snip*
    Evedently after this last patch the full easy bar gives tokens, ive tested it. Thats how im getting most of my tokens now, if i only want tokens and dont care about cash, i put it all the way to the left. Maybe its dependant on level, but with atleast ONE of my characters i know for a fact 100% of the time when I do it and do the missions properly I GET A TOKEN.

In conclusion once again i feel like im talking to one of those lamers who just regurgitate everything anyone else says. (IE: "decus coats is all you should use, ac bonus with no penalty", when in accuality id rather use the battle suit that gives me more ac with penalties, or "AR/RE is the only way to go with a soldier", when in acuality AR/HW is a good option also)

When you actually play the game, try different things out, try to solve problems on your on, or get 100% true information from one of the programmers, then please dont comment on my posts.
    I'm only gonna comment on this last one - I guess you are just one lucky person, as my team did *not* get token after completing a mission, and - if you follow this thread - many other people didn't either. I've tried to play the game all afternoon today, before I finally gave up, so don't YOU call me a lamer.
    Nuff said.

even into the arms of attorneys?
    Oh yeah, that'll look good in court:
    "Judge, i CAN'T DO MISSIONS! they're FUBAR!"
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Look at the item missions

I think I may have noticed something here....

I got a "look at the item" mission at Harries yesterday. Well, two or three of those actually. All of them worked. Another note, at Harries, I only got 2 missions when I hit "request missions" instead of the usual 5.

Today I was based out of Lush Outpost. I did 3 "look at item" missions. All 3 failed to work. Assasinate missions from the same terminal did work. I get the feeling somethings messed up in Lush Fields.

Really jwiede, were all pissed but come on... attorneys? We have been that route on this board before.

I want them fixed A.S.A.P.!! We all do. It brings my gaming time to a hault just like many others.

I think its a safe bet to say the FC is aware it is a HUGE issue and they are working diligently on the problem. It
    shouldn’t take long for them to get us a fix and I would think at this point we can count on Cosmik to keep us up to speed on the progress.

....at least this is what I am telling my self.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast