Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broken missions IS a Game-stopper!

Broken missions IS a Game-stopper!

My message about broken missions was moved to another forum, obviously Funcom doesn't think it is a Game stopper? The fact that we can't do one of the most important things in the game isn't? It isn't enough that we now can't really do PvP (at least not against anyone with more than basic healing) and tradeskills are still utterly ridiculous, now we can't do missions?

At least we can hunt. Oh, that's right, we can't because of the now much worse "Take it easy" bug.

Consider the game officially stopped! And all these bugs were warned about by testers, but Funcom decided to take them live anyway.

Scorus

Testing by players is IGNORED by Funcom.

Testing by Funcom MUST be non-existant.
    PLAYING this game by Funcom must ALSO be non-existant.

TRY PLAYING YOUR OWN FREAKING GAME Not-So-Funcom.

I'll admit the problems with missions are a pain in the derrière, but they can't really be classified as game-stopping. There are other things to do besides running missions (I know, I know, it's a big part of AO. I'll never deny that).

But, my point is the tech forum is for technical issues: problems with running the actual game, starting it up and running it cleanly. Not being able to download patches would be classified as a show-stopper. Getting booted each time you try to log in would be a show-stopper. Your video card going berko and displaying weird effects would belong in the other tech forum (Other Tech Issues).

The problems with missions are game mechanics related. There are problems with the game mechanics (kind of logical. You agree there?). You won't be missing out on anything by posting mission problems here. I will read the posts. This is just an effort to try and keep posts of a similar theme together. That way I get to read all game mechanic related posts (such as missions) rather than Dai-Galean and Extruder coming across them and dismissing them in the tech forums. So, I was actually moving your posts so I can read them.

I hope you can see where I am coming from and help me in keeping posts in related forums. You post in the proper forums, and I'll definately get a chance to read your post. Deal?
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Cosmik
    I'll admit the problems with missions are a pain in the derrière, but they can't really be classified as game-stopping. There are other things to do besides running missions (I know, I know, it's a big part of AO. I'll never deny that).
    I hate to nit pick, but mission do not work even if you complete them fully (ie, killing everthing inside)
    edict
    Clan Archdeacon

"Nothing worth while is ever easy"

Originally posted by edict

I hate to nit pick, but mission do not work even if you complete them fully (ie, killing everthing inside)
    /me puts edict down in his black book

j/k

We are hoping to get some mission fixes out very soon. I'm waiting with bated breath to tell you guys. Once I get the all-clear, I'll let you know what's up.

The game-stopper forum is for technical issues only (e.g.- crashes to desktop, memory leaks, etc.), things that literally STOP the game. That's probably why it was moved.

Cosmik

Could you inform us on this issue every day when you *don't* get a reply, too? Because it really is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY serious thing, and we need to know that you're keeping on it.

I hope you can see where I am coming from and help me in keeping posts in related forums. You post in the proper forums, and I'll definately get a chance to read your post. Deal?
    Well, I do classify them as game-stopping. I say that because they are stopping me from playing the game. If you mean that you only want things that prevent ao.exe from being successfully executed on my computer, then I will give you that this doesn't qualify. But they are preventing me from playing the game because missions are what I do, and the only thing that I do passably well.

And there aren't really a lot of other things we can do. My agent friend went out to test Aimed Shot and got "Take it easy" on 2 out of every three targets, so hunting is too bugged. Many tradeskills are still bugged and the only one my MP wants to do, nanocrystal creation, requires him to make almost half a million credits just to buy the tools (two are over 200K at Q25!). The only way to get the money, of course, is to run missions. See above. And then there are the tradeskills that my crat has access to such as...um... I can really piss off monsters with my aggression enhancer!

Guess I could hang out at the coffee shop, listening to people complain about the bugs. But if I want to hang out at a coffee shop and *****, I'll usually do it in real life.

I could take my MP and my healing pet and stand in the middle of PvP zones pissing people off. :] Though yesterday when I happened into a PvP area on my way back from a bugged mission where I didn't get the mission-only MP nano that I needed, I got killed by a guard utilized by an Omni exploiter. You can imagine how excited I was about that particular chain of events.

Scorus

Re: Cosmik

Originally posted by Xombie
    Could you inform us on this issue every day when you *don't* get a reply, too? Because it really is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY serious thing, and we need to know that you're keeping on it.
    Get ready to read a new post in "Funcom Talks About.."

Re: Re: Cosmik

Get ready to read a new post in "Funcom Talks About.."
    Ok, scratch that idea. I was going to give you an in depth report on what was happening soon, but at the moment I don't have quite all the information I want to give you.

I can give you a teaser though. Basically, the mission problems are being worked on (as well as some other annoying problems) and we hope to get the fixes out very soon. Yes, soon. w00t

Have to agree

I agree with Scorus on this one. I have just logged out and given up, cuz' missions were my favourite thing to do as well, and I can't do missions right now.
    So I'd call it a game-stopper too.
    Ou-of-whack locations combined with the rest of the bugs in missions *and* the fact that 80% of them can't be solved - hmm....
    On a side-note (or rather two):

Could you (and the other admins/officials) add the Silver Anarchy Sign to your posts again, Cosmik, makes it a whole lot easier, when I'm looking for official answers in long threads.

2: I keep getting logged out of the board, and - yes - I've allowed cookies and all that, still - I have to relog each and every time.

This is a bit off-topic in this thread, but something I really miss already. Cosmik, Cz, you AO-peeps...Can you put your emblem back on your profile ?

I tend to scan through threads after reading a few responses looking for a reply from you guys. The symbol made it much easier to find.

Thanks.

Garnock

Re: Have to agree

Originally posted by Spacegipsy

Could you (and the other admins/officials) add the Silver Anarchy Sign to your posts again, Cosmik, makes it a whole lot easier, when I'm looking for official answers in long threads.

2: I keep getting logged out of the board, and - yes - I've allowed cookies and all that, still - I have to relog each and every time.
    I want my shield too. We're working on it.

The cookie problem is also something we are working on. In your Edit Options (In the User CP) try changing the cookie options (both of them) to 'no'. Weird, I know, but it works for me.

Well, well, I'm a genious. I just fixed it.

/strong3

Angry fixes are great, but what about refunds

Getting the mission fixes out asap is no more than expected. What FUNCOM really needs to do is issue the rewards that we haven't received from the missions completed!! I have completed four "site the person" missions since the 13.0 patch. Each was for between 10-15k credits. That may not be alot to higher players, but it is serious credits for my lvl 35 MP!

What does FUNCOM plan to do about this?

Unhappy Mission Blitzing

This has been asked before, but I just want a clear answer..

Is mission blitzing still going to be a vialble way to get money someday, or has that been removed?

I can *not* blitz a mission with my doctor anymore. I get a 'mission cannot be completed in a fight' now when I try to run to the item and pick it up. That means I have NO WAY to earn cash. If I fight through a mission, I use up more money paying for nano rechargers than I get as a reward. Same goes for teaming, but even worse since monster loot is so low.

If this is an intended change to the mission system and a viable way to earn good money doesn't come back, my doctor is shelved. If it is intended, I'd like to know why it was stated by a company representative that mission blitzing WOULD still be viable to get money and items.

Can we get a yes or no on if this was intended and if it *wasn't* intended, are they going to fix it so we can blitz again? This is kind of a game stopper for me, since the only way I could afford nanos was by blitzing missions for cash and begging. (I'd like to see ANYONE get rich off of tradeskills..)

Now all I can do is beg.

Grammar Police Post (tm)

/ I'm waiting with baited breath to tell you guys.

Hehe, it's "bated" (truncated form of abated) unless you eat a lot of sushi.

Re: Grammar Police Post (tm)

Originally posted by Vass

Hehe, it's "bated" (truncated form of abated) unless you eat a lot of sushi.
    Well, it was actually the seafood pizza I had last night....

Thanks. Words do funny things when you've been awake for over a full day.

Re: Re: Grammar Police Post (tm)

DAMNIT!! I thought I told you to get some sleep! How are you going to suffer threw all of our rants and still be intimidating to the devs now?? ...hehe
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Re: Re: Grammar Police Post (tm)

For God's sakes, man, turn on the GMbot1.1 and catch a few winks. Start a thread on your PC that says "missions are fixed, go at it" and let the dev guys hit 'send' when they fix it.

Scorus

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast