Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you love camelot castle...heres a tip...

aberic

the trial was one thing, this is quite another, at least three dozen players can testify to your actions.

Personally I don't care whether you defend yourself, you simply can't deny it this time, sure you are free to feel agrieved.

It may be difficult to mediate when it's a one on one situation and its your word against his, but this time its your word against against many. A conspiracy? do you think that you're that important that all those players are going to gang up and complain just to needle you?

Don't get me wrong its not intensly persoanl here, you're just the current example, there are more then a few like you, and to some extent Funcom shoulder a little blame because they have not made any statement about it one way or another.

Remember that many players come from UO and EQ, and while AO is admitadely a seperate entity, MMORPGS have developed a code-of-conduct as to what is considered proper behaviour. You broke that code completely yesterday. If Funcom come out and say training is a valid strategy, then fair play to you, game on.

However, if they don't (and I hope we hear something soon on this) then you must accept that your reputation (if it matters to you) is in pieces, only one person can change that.

This is not a FPS when manipulation of game mechanics is the norm for gaining tactical edge, the avatars here better developed and there is a consistent community. You have to temper your actions with that knowledge, something you seem to have blatant disregard for Aberic

There were some well respected players amongst those you caused grief for yesterday, you'll regret your actions one day I fear.

Angry

Did anyone else notice that Funcom announced in game last night that Dark Carnival was the 1st to kill the boss mob in Camelot?

Well of course they did, when you have Aberic killing or driving out anyone who is not DC by training them with anything he could find.

Is that what it was all about, so DC could be "the first" to take him down?

Is that what Funcom wants the gameplay to turn into?

I think it was sad after all the people that complained to Funcom about what he was doing that they would then turn around and give them the recognition like they did a good think....

Jeez, I figured you would know these things Snarf
    Ok, Snarf feels stupid now. lol.

First time I read that I thought you were saying that Aberic and SNARF belong to Silent Night... Snarf not Steff..

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Why not take out Termination? Isnt the reason you can terminate in the first place is so that you can get unstuck from a unmovable area? So take it out make the ARKs and GMs do thier job(getting people unstuck). Being able to commit botoside is silly anyway and is usually used as a mode of transportation. Problem solved with both train grifers and botosiding people in PvP to avoid the kill.

sigh....READ before you post.

Sandfox

Aberic is not DC he is SN totally different guild.

duh.

So what does it have to do with DC being the first guild to kill the boss mob?
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

Yep yep yep

Aberic is not liked/respected by the upper level players. I was around when he was training mobs (but he didn't train on my group cause we're "pals" hehe)
    Why do you think he was asked to keep the dungeons clear? Because nobody in our guild has a worse reputation than Aberic. Everyone would expect this type of action by a player of Aberic's caliber so he was in charge of wrecking it for the lowbies.
    Aberic is not admired as much as he thinks he is (woohoo...high lvl means you have a lot of free time...nothing else) so he pulls this stuff and gets grief for griefing.
    I personally think he does it for attention but who knows.
    And **think** people. Funcom is not going to ban a player who has played for so long and paid for so long. They are a BUSINESS trying to make MONEY.
    Aberic won't be banned.

Re: Yep yep yep

Originally posted by Dabarber

And **think** people. Funcom is not going to ban a player who has played for so long and paid for so long. They are a BUSINESS trying to make MONEY.
    Aberic won't be banned.
    ehh..
    Aberic pays as much as the rest of us ..

and it makes perfect buisness sense
    that if 1 account may cost them >1 other account
    then the $$$ dictates the first be removed.

so how many people will quit a game in which
    cheaters/griefers/exploiters are not punished?

Arrow

dabarber your logic is flawed. Aberic is a paying customer as all of us are. So you have 30+ paying customers verse 1 paying customer. think about it.

You think I want aberic to be banned? I want aberic to be a man step up admit what he was doing and apologize for it. You can claim all day that this is not griefing etc. Just like mk soldiers swore that wasn't exploiting. The point is unless the group is full of 140+ people there is no way you can stop a person with 30 minions running up to you and /terminate ing. Its abusing the game system mechanics and AI. Just liek teh training the mobs to the 100% gas is so u can walk free through the dungeon.

You can't jsutify or defend it no matter how much you try. You swear we are all lying and making it up aberic. the problem is we arent. Thats the real problem. A sad problem at that.
    Last edited by killahsin; Feb 10th, 2002 at 23:26:52.

now see this is the type of attitude the community as a whole doesnt need. See how aberic responds to people here in regards to this post.

http://www.ao-basher.com/mem_show_co...&memcategory=1

Your really foolish aberic. Trust me in this either step up admit what you were doing to people that day, be a man apologize for your actions. Otherwise You are going to remember my name forever. Becasue I will get every person you griefed that day organized. Trust me you dont want that to happen. If you don't enjoy AO quit don't try to ruin everyones day while your here.

You think this is some rediculous or pathetic threat? well it is not. I simply offer you 2 options. Admit what you did and, apologize for your actions. Thats option number 1. numer 2 deny it call us whiners say more foolish stupid self implicating things in your mindless ranting. Find out what happens after that.

"There were some well respected players amongst those you caused grief for yesterday, you'll regret your actions one day I fear." -Sillirrion

Believe that statement aberic listen to it very closely lol. It is no lie.
    "I will regret nothing.

You where all there to linch me at the trail and now your here trying to linch me again.

Period nothing more nothing less.

HATEMONGERS YOU SHOULD BE ASAMED OF YOURSELVES"

Aberic if you dont apologize for your actions you will most definatly regret it. This is quite different from the trial. That was RP, this is griefing. stop trying to mix abuse of game mechanics and participating in an event together.
    Last edited by killahsin; Feb 10th, 2002 at 23:43:28.

geeesh

FOR THE LAST TIME I DID NOT TRAIN ANY MOBS ONTO ANY GROUP.
    I RAN INTO THE DUNGEON LAGGED OUT AND HAD TO RECONNECT AND WAS AT THE RECLAIM WHEN I LOGGED BACK ON. THATS ALL THAT HAPPENED.

IM USING CAPS BECUASE SOME OF YOU HAVE A HARD TIME READING AND UNDERSTANDING THINGS MAYBEE THIS HELPS MAYBEE IT DOESN'T

ABERIC CHUCKELS

Originally posted by killahsin
    now see this is the type of attitude the community as a whole doesnt need. See how aberic responds to people here in regards to this post.

http://www.ao-basher.com/mem_show_co...&memcategory=1

Your really foolish aberic. Trust me in this either step up admit what you were doing to people that day, be a man apologize for your actions. Otherwise You are going to remember my name forever. Becasue I will get every person you griefed that day organized. Trust me you dont want that to happen. If you don't enjoy AO quit don't try to ruin everyones day while your here.

You think this is some rediculous or pathetic threat? well it is not. I simply offer you 2 options. Admit what you did and, apologize for your actions. Thats option number 1. numer 2 deny it call us whiners say more foolish stupid self implicating things in your mindless ranting. Find out what happens after that.

"There were some well respected players amongst those you caused grief for yesterday, you'll regret your actions one day I fear." -Sillirrion

Believe that statement aberic listen to it very closely lol. It is no lie.

Arrow

Aberic man i'm serious stop lying ....lol

Your not dealing with a newbie here. You really arent. I have yet to petition you... Trust me you don't want me too either. 30+ witnesses isn't good aberic. Start using your brain for a second aberic. Be a man admit your actions and apologize.

why must you keep denying and swearing we are lying. Rather than admit your actions and apologize? The way you are headed, is the wrong road.

Aberic =grief killing A HOLE

Same thing to me...training..repeatedly. terminating..hope they ban you for good.

Question Snarfy

Snarf,

How do u nuke a 75% zone in MMD and kill all that are rezzing? I have never seen such a thing. U did it alot but the 2nd time I had just popped up on the friggin reclaim pad and I was dead b4 I had materialized. LOL!! 2 deaths in a matter of 3-4 secs. Funcom should look into that. Atleast high-lvl players are finding new things to do

Then I spawned back in Omni-Ent when I had saved in MMD?

BTW, the spy in the plane to let ya know when/how many chars are after u and which way to run is a smart tactic. Not a joke. I learned
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Red face *sigh*

Same old poo, differnt game.

> How do u nuke a 75% zone in MMD and kill all that are rezzing?

Really? That's weird.. I'd /petition it if I were you.. add lots of detail. Sounds like a weird bug. Although, were you grouped at the time? If I was fighting your group then you were probably fair game in 75% even though you had just died... i think it works that way but am not sure.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Question Pooty Tang

/petition? Nah. My game time is too limited. Cute response though

So if a teammate in another part of MMD gets nuked and because we are grouped then I also get nuked while I am being "made whole"? Hmm..... What about in other zones? Wow I have something to think about.

I know of this weird bug as do many others. Fun is fun, but patronizing is a whole other matter.

I may have to update P.E.T.A. guildlines to excomunicate one such Trox
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

kodiene if you just send the /petition with the info in the /petition rather than wait for a resposne to relay the info it will be sent by a bug report by either the ARK or guardian who scans through the list. So by just /petitioning it you submit it. Thiough sendign the in-game bug report is much better. As it gets to its destination a tad faster than the petition.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast