Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you love camelot castle...heres a tip...

Post Do you love camelot castle...heres a tip...

Do you love camelot castle and want it all for yourself? Do you hate it when you go there and someone from the opposite side of the conflict is there? Do you hate not being able to kill the teams and yah want to hunt in the dungeon? Heres a tip....

all day today aberic has been running around the dungeon killing the low level players. When he can't kill them He will get as many minions on his tail as possible 20+ and train them on the groups. This grief tactic seems to be fine. It's not considered an explot!

So have fun, sure its lame. Sure it sucks, but its fair game! Blahhhh Things like this really turn me off from this game. And the people who run it. Allowing crap like this is just rediculous. Intentional trainign and terminating when there are 30 mobs on you to clear out the dungeon is just rediculous and should be a bannable offense.

God if this crap continues i'm out of here.

Angry

I agree completely, not only does it ruin a whole guild outing, (many of the guild did not bother returning after being killed and knowing the same would happen again) but it is impossible to get any retribution because Alberic terminates each time.

A downright low tactic which should, after multiple occurances, should lead to a ban. There is no role play involved in this at all, it is just a way of annoying as many people as possible, and any person which takes pleasure from this should not be allowed to take part in the game.

Alberic, and some others, I witnessed Steffani doing the same, have been reported to be doing this all day. I urge anyone else who has witnessed something like this to post here too. With enough support, we might get FC's attention.
    Solarith- Level 220 Solitus Keeper - Defender Rank: Backer (20)
    Solarax - Level 189 Solitus Agent - Defender Rank: None (0)
    Solarize - Level 30 Solitus Doctor - Defender Rank: None (0)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Advisor Of Forsaken
    Former Editor-In-Chief
    AO Basher - all you needed...
    E-Mail : SolaraxGVRK@hotmail.com

Is Aberic the only one doing this? I heard all the high levels were killing the low levels there. Mind as well, less people = less lag. Is Aberic deliberately training the mobs? Anyone send Aberic a /tell to see why he's doing it?

I don't know. I won't be going there until it's a little less crowded.

*edit
    Aberics almost 190 now? Steffani's around 160, I teamed with her yesterday. Maybe they're just scouting them out. Or maybe they're just having fun.
    Last edited by cson; Feb 8th, 2002 at 22:05:44.

cson yes i sent him a tell he did not respond.

He ran up to us saw we had 4 teams ran away from us. Than ran back with 30 minions on him and terminated as soon as he got to us with more than 3/4 his hp.

Oh. Well, I hope he know what kind of reprecussions this will have on his reputation. Everyone knows everybody past lvl 120 because everybody does team missions at BS. I hope that he realizes that people aren't going to invite him if he acts like a total a**hole. At least he can respond.

One thing I noticed about being high level is that if you act like an a**hole, you'll have a very hard time finding a team.

"Aberics almost 190 now? Steffani's around 160, I teamed with her yesterday. Maybe they're just scouting them out. Or maybe they're just having fun"

"Or maybe they're just having fun" <- heh if you call griefing by trainign 30 minions on teams you cant kill having fun than i guess so.

I wouldnt have minded if he tried to pvp us but he would have gotten killed pretty fast lol. So the only way to get rid of us was pulling the mobs. If you call that legit or 'having fun' than there is somthign wrong with you.

I apologize for the harshness of my post but he ruined my guild's D&H tonight.

Hooray
    Last edited by Sheldon; Mar 1st, 2003 at 12:03:01.

Sorry, missed the self terminating part. Yeah, that's crappy. So is it impossible to solo the dungeon? Even for someone like Gunnandahalf? Or a high level engie with a QL 200 slayer and himself turned into a slayer?

I'm only a lvl 149 MA so I'll only go there if I'm invited there for my crit buff.

it sounds quite rude, but you have to admit that it sounds funny, once you're removed from the personal outrage.

i liked AC's pvp system where you went and turned a pvp flag on. you could interact with everybody else fine, but PKs showed up red on the map.

without the PK flag you did not have to worry about getting ganked left and right. training mobs on others was still possible though.

at that level he must be terribly bored. i in no way condone such behavior though.

he just did it 2 more times thats 3 now lol.

cson he's 186 he could solo everything but the last mob np. The point is he is doing it just to grief people. Go check him out there now watch he does it over and over and over.

these kind of things are what ruin games for everyday players. Now, I'm not going to speculate on the logic behind these people, hell it could be in their mind some kind of protest "I can't have fun with the current state of my profession, so no one else will", but I really do think it should be stopped. Yes, more often than not the powerful players are also the ones that have trampled on other people to get there but there is no reason to condone or turn a blind eye to this. I think perhaps a temporary freeze on the account or even just that specific character should be in order.

Yea they are paying customers so they are entitled to have fun, but not at the expense of other paying customers. If one person can cause another person to quit the game out of frustration anger whatever, the person who was responsible for that is no longer welcome in my opinion. This is not targeted at any one person, but in general. We're all here to have fun, and there is no reason to let one person ruin it for the whole.

This reminds of Ultima Online, and THAT IS necessarily a bad thing. What I want to know is if FC condone such behaviour (by staying idle and not giving a statement) or support it (by replying to this thread).
    Christopher "Gogliostro" McClymonds - Neutral Circus Artist for Forsaken
    Epos "Levandri" Nine - Clan Tradesman for Forsaken
    Sherwood "Velorik" Cordiero - Neutral Patcher for Oddities
    Augustus "Cipheron" Shone - Neutral Leet for Oddities
    Stormbringer "Keelan" Nine - Neutral Mute for Oddities
    Prince "Vidorian" Swicord - "The First One"
    Joseph "Silensus" Markarian - Clan Memory for Concubia Nocte
    Prince "Kahveh" Delaet - Neutral Coffeemaker for Oddities

Can a GM spawn a lvl 400 MOB that hits for 10k damage and only has one person on the hatelist? And has a runspeed of 2000.

Maybe it's a feeble plea to institute level limits on dungeons. He's showing that he is in fact too high level to be there and is trying to help those 100-150 who are supposed to be in there.

Glad to hear this shining example of the Omni ethic is still going strong. Hope the judge that thought his two-day banishment was a sufficient punishment happens into the dungeon...

Scorus

someone

please hand me a shovel.

It's getting kinda deep in here.

Originally posted by Rypht
    Yea they are paying customers so they are entitled to have fun, but not at the expense of other paying customers. If one person can cause another person to quit the game out of frustration anger whatever, the person who was responsible for that is no longer welcome in my opinion. This is not targeted at any one person, but in general. We're all here to have fun, and there is no reason to let one person ruin it for the whole.
    good point. if this guys is pissing off that many people, it's not good for the game community or FC.

if such behavior leads people to leave it lowers the average maturity level of those left; which means more per capita behavior of the same type; which leads to more people getting upset and leaving; ..... ; which leads to the game getting a bad rep and FC making less subscription money.

meomy your little comment is funny. You can't deny you didnt do it. Because there was at least 40 somthign witnesses there. So don't say we are full of **** there aberic. Don't act as if we don't know thats your forum name either son.

the only thing your going to need that shovel for is to dig yourself out of the pile of **** you dug yourself into.

just in case your wondering meomy = aberic.
    Last edited by killahsin; Feb 9th, 2002 at 00:58:55.

I can understand if you are 75 , that the pvp cap is removed and your have to live with the possibilty of being ganked by folks over you but...trainin mobs , in other MMORPS is a definatle cause to be warned or punished by GMs right? Or does that , in these peoples minds constitute legitamate tactics of war? I personally could not see myself having fun at 185 just making life hell for those who just want to have fun, and I think most of the people in this game would feel the same...however this is the case of a few making alot of high levels look really bad. I KNOW there are alot of high level clanners out there , I see them all the time, maybe if they would make it a point to go to the dungeon themselves , to make a stand once and for all against the offending players, they would think twice about doing it.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast