Thread: Client Server sync issues and more

Client Server sync issues and more

Since this latest 13.x patch things are majorly fubared in missions.

A friend and I on side by side PC's were doing a mission and got separated. When we got into the same room I couldn't see him. This has been happening for a long time, but wait it gets better. So I tried to leave the area to zone, but was glassed in by blurry doors. My friend then went off toward the zone and found me in the main hall area.

I then proceeded to walk around using my keyboard and his players view of me on his monitor to guide myself. On my monitor I was running around in a closet. I managed to find my way to the zone exit and zone, and it worked. My next question is, what would have happened if I'd ran back into the room where my client said I was (in the closet.) Would I have seen myself walk into the room? Would the universe have imploded? What?

Anyway, aside from that, I've noticed a LOT of issues with monsters not being where the client reports they are. As an MA I use brawl quite often, and have noticed an inordinate number of "misses." Some of these may be because AO is totally screwed up right now in regard to AC on human NPCs. (I get a lot of low brawls, and at level 96 this is utter CRAP!! I"m talking brawls for 54 points of %@ damage.) However, a lot of times I can't punch the mobs either, even though they're standing right in front of me.

Lots of sync issues.

Another one:

Last night the same friend and another friend were in a mission. We were in a cement bunker mission, not a cave, and in a room with a steel bridge that connected to another room. This was not the broken bridge, but the solid one people always fall through. Anyway, both of them somehow ended up in the ceiling, walking around above the mission area like in Daggerfall. Everytime they'd go above a room with a mob in it, the mob would join them in the ceiling. Between the two of them they got every single mob in the game up in the ceiling following them around. I of course, walked over to the mission item and picked it up. They found a spot to fall finally, but when they did, all the human NPC's began going haywire. It was crazy. I died, hehe, but we didnt care because we got what we wanted.

Lot's of wierd stuff going on, for sure.

Targeting self and unable to heal is another. You have to untarget and retarget self.

Mobs double hitting when they buff or heal is another.

This patch is utter junk, sorry to say. I'd mind my manners here in this forum, but FC isn't answering, and bad attention is better than none.

Post true

I've seen or heard all of this while on missions or hunting with friends. Last night I got rubber banded back to a previous location. I was then instantly killed by an amazing instant quadruple hit. It seems server was out of sync with the client..

I've also had a friend asking me why I was standing in a corner while a mob was killing me.. On my screen I was shooting it and doing damage.

I've had several occasions of being unable to hit the first 5 shots.. Usually after rooting something and seemingly being in range. I'm assuming wherever I thought it was standing it was not. I had to let the root run out and get hit a couple times to shoot things.. Not the ideal way for a nanomage/trader to stay alive.

All of this in addition to cast times not being seperate from physical/ranged attacks makes life tough. Mobs didn't get the same nerf. They cast heals and you get shot twice immediately after. Lots of pain last night for me. :-P

-Sell-

Yep, me too.

Ming, I had a similar experience with my level 6 token farmer Trader.

Before I tell you about that, let me just add a rant about tokens: why is it that I have to token farm at level 6 to get a decent amout of tokens? Well, I know why, but the very fact that it's necessary should say something.

Anyway, back on topic. Sorry for the digression.

My trader went into a mission last night. Now, I hadn't rebooted in a while, and thus my memory leak/virtual memory problem was kicking in. So when I entered the man room from the lobby of the mission, the game halted for a few seconds. When my hard drive stopped thrashing, I noticed that I had accidentally rushed the first room and saw the message that I was being attacked by 3 techwreckers. Oops, well, I didn't feel like dealing with that, so I tried to go outside, only I couldn't. No playshift failure messages, nothing. Just couldn't leave at all.

So I go back into the main room. One of the techwreckers was standing there like a statue, but I didn't see any of his buddies. None of them were attacking me. All of a sudden, a waste collector started pounding on me. From where? I have no idea. My trader autoattacked and killed it, but still, I couldn't tab anything besides that stupid techwrecker. And then it happened again and again. Mobs that I couldn't see or tab were attacking me. I survived, went back to the lobby to heal, and came back to the main room.

Techwrecker still standing there like a lump. Only now all the doors in the main room were fuzzed/mirrored out and I couldn't enter them. I sighed, went back to the lobby, and logged out.

I planned to try and log in again, but forgot and went to sleep instead.
    Last edited by Misophist; Nov 20th, 2001 at 01:06:53.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

Angry

had that too, was fighting my 2 team mates and then one died, but we were all side by side ....yet he died on his screen a good 15 secs before mine and on the 3rd persons also, then suddenly i get hit 6 times outta no where and die RIGHT after,

there goes 31k exp

My little packadillo of late is when I send my pet into the main room to fight three greens (these were Eyemutants), every eyemutant from the surrounding rooms joined in and soon we (me and my pet) were overwhelmed and had to evacuate the dungeon.

They never used to aggro from far distant rooms before. What the hell happened?
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

They definitely changed the line of sight and aggro code a lot in the last patch. I'm getting a lot of hassle from mobs in nearby rooms that come running the second I pick a chest (in an empty room no less).

I'm pretty sure it's in fact a line of sight bug. FC fixed it so you don't have line of sight through closed doors, but somehow managed to give mobs line of sight through walls at times instead. Another funny thing is I draw aggro from nearby rooms easier when picking a lock than if dealing with a mob in my room. How's that for logical. I make more noise picking a lock than I do taking down a mob?

The server-side lag is nothing new. FC has never said anything about it as far as I can recall, and probably never will.