Thread: How to "Fix" the fixer

Lightbulb How to "Fix" the fixer

I recently read about the upcoming ways to "Fix" the Fixer in AO and I have a suggestion. Vehicals. Fixer's are meant to be good pilots. It goes along perfectly with our skill layout and the fixer "speed" we all know and love. Currently the vehicals in Rubi-ka are filling a woefully tiny nitch and serve mainly for transportation. When I first saw the intro movie for AO so many months ago my first reaction was "cool! I can pilot a gunship!" However as time progressed it seems that such things have not come to pass... I believe a good way to strengthen the fixer class would be to give fixer specific vehicals with mounted weapons of some type. Certainly this would require a very high skill to pilot such a craft but thats what were good at right? (all pilot skills are green!) Anyway thats my two cents and its also the reason I have played a fixer since the game was released. In the hope that "Someday" I would be able to pilot one of those nifty flying gunships.... perhaps my dream will become a reality?

A dedicated fixer.

-- We need a larger selection of vehicles all across the board in general.

-- Air vehicles should be for transportation.

-- Ground vehicles should be for combat and cheap transportation at low levels.

-- Combat vehicles should have a mounted gun with an attack animation.

-- There should be different vehicles for melee attacks and ranged attacks. Using the one that suits you to enchance your normal attack skills.

-- Ranged attack vehicles should range from light attack hover crafts to hardened battle tanks.

-- Melee attack vehicles should be walking mechs with a variety of tyles and weapon designs (stabbers, slashers, grinders).

-- Water vehicles should be removed, and IP refunded.

-- Some ground vehicles should be able to carry multiple passengers.

-- There should never be a class specific vehicle. Fixers and adventurers already have a large bonus with their green vehicle skills.

Exclamation

Firstly thanks for the speedy reply! I had hopes there would be others out there who would agree that vehicals are quite inadequate in thier current role. As far as the Large bonus you speak of its only a bonus if there is actually a vehical that needs those skills. . currently you can wander to any city and there is always someone flying about in a yamaha. From soldiers fo nanomages and everything in between. It seems like those green skills are currently not very much of a bonus if everyone can pilot the craft regardless. Perhaps I was a little too class specific with that fixer only vehical idea but I can't help being just a little biased.

Oh and I disagree that the only Combat vehicals should be ground based. I distinctly remember seeing flying gunships in the intro movie..
    =)
    Last edited by Artimas; Feb 16th, 2002 at 01:04:54.

I was kind of wierded out by the melee vehicals idea. . I think what he was suggesting is a broad based vehical option for all the classes. . I was only thinking of fixers .. or people who had thier skills up high enough . . say 800 or some obscene number to keep the combat vehicals for those who are willing to make it a major part of thier characters and not so every tom-dick-and-harry can buy a combat ship and go blast things.