Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginners Guide to the Trader Profession...

Good guide.

But in the start,you should explain chosing nanobreed can be dangerous towards aggro because of the low HP, but will give you an advantage towards nano and tradeskills with the green and higher cap on inteligence.

If i could switch Breed from Soli i would do, prolly to Nanomage, my thighs look too fat in leggings, and im sick off all the fat girl jokes at the arena

Just because it takes 4 atrox to stretcher my dead remains back to 75% doesnt make me overweight.
    Remember "Jakeaway" Brigges
    Always "Spoton" Target
    Amsterdam "Firebrigade" Service

Returned from the grave and back in business.....

Tag and Bump. I have been looking for a good Trader guide.

Abilities you should use are Str, Sta, Agi, Int, Sense. Psychic is least important but should be raised as needed.
    Now I realize this is a brief summary of the Trader profession, but saying Psychic is LEAST important to a Trader is just flat out wrong in my opinion. As a Trader you have on of the best Armors in game as Barter and you should use it every chance you get. Not only does it give you massive ammount of HP and NanoPool but it also adds to Tradeskills. As a high level trader with all of my Abilities maxed I can tell you the one I maxed last and used the least was Sense.

I'm not quite sure why I don't see more traders wearing Barter Armor... overall it's stats are better then CAS, Carb, MKII, and most other made or easily found armors. Omni-Carb is nice stuff too, but as a Trader high NanoResist is great so why not use the best armor tailored for your profession?

here are what a full suit of QL200 Carb add:

AC Statistics of a full set
    Chemical AC 1050
    Melee AC 4200
    Radiation AC 3153
    Projectile AC 3153
    Energy AC 4200
    Cold AC 3153
    Fire AC 3153
    Poison AC 4200

Requirements
    Intelligence 541
    Psychic 521

Effects
    Max Health +420
    Max Nano +420

Nano Init. +40
    Ranged Init. +40
    Duck Explosives +30
    Vehicle Air +20
    Vehicle Ground +20
    Runspeed +20
    Computer Literacy +10
    Nanoprogramming +10
    Pharmatech +20
    Electrical Engineering +10
    Quantum Physics +10
    Chemistry +10
    Psy Mod +5
    Nano Resist +75

(thanks to anarchyarcanum.com for the info)

I don't know about you, but that is some damn nice adds... call me wacky I guess.

Re: Money... :)

Originally posted by Crataholc
    People give super nice tips for wrangles.
    WOW! People actually tip for wrangles where you are from? MUST BE NICE! :-p

also. i can't believe rifle is in there as a viable option for a Trader... ESPECIALLY if interested in PvP. Of course, most of you know I'd demand for something like that :-)

Overall a decent page, wish I would have had that to look at on May 13th when I rolled my Trader.

Bump! :D

Thank ya! Wonderful guide good work!

I found SI MUCH less important in soloing than in team play.

The reason is that in soloing I am always completely drained. So as long as I can cast the best mezz with my highest drains running then I am good to go. I just make sure that I find a new mob to drain before my drains wear off.

But in team based, I NEVER get fully drained. (Not enough NCU to hold my drains plus outside buffs, team kills mobs too fast so I dont get a plunder in, people die and team waits, people go afk and team waits, people rebuff and team waits etc.) So I have found that being able to cast an appropriate mezz undrained (or at least with only divests running) is important.

And yes.. people DO tip for wrangles.. Strangely enough I get offered tips more for low level (30 or 40 pt) wrangles than when I have to go through 8 drains to get to 106. So tend not to get tips since I dont take tips if all I do is click one button.

Cheers
    Maybe you can only be young once, but you can be immature forever.

I've been playing this game since beta, and my first trader was a solicitus with an ithaca...

I've just created a new one, few days back, he is leevl 29 now, and I decided to give Rifle a try, been using x-3, cater, gripos...

Currently using an 84 gripo.

I like your guide, with the exception of a few questions:

Why do I need concealment really?
    Why do I need to raise perception? Other than to equip a scope or something, I dont see why...
    Why bother with Map Nav?

Nothing is as permanent as the temporary ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Arowen
    This guide is just a small guide I wrote up for this profession... If you have any questions you can E-mail Me or ask me in game by tell

Guide down temporarily.
    Does anyone have a copy? How about posting it here, wouldn't that be a much better place than some web site (that doesn't seem to be up anymore, it's been 7 months since the "temporarily" edit)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwu
    Does anyone have a copy? How about posting it here, wouldn't that be a much better place than some web site (that doesn't seem to be up anymore, it's been 7 months since the "temporarily" edit)
    Have you checked out Didymus' Trader Guide at the top of this forum? It may be a little out of date (I think it was put out before Alien Invasion and hasn't been updated since) but it will give you the basics.

Here is the link: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=168020
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

thread necromancy != good.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12