Thread: Dust Brigade and their affiliation

Dust Brigade and their affiliation

As most of you probably know by now, Omni-1 and several other Omni-tek areas has been attacked by terrorist commandoes from the Dust Brigade two days in a row now.

What is shocking is not so much that these attacks have taken place, nor even that these commandoes are obviously well trained and equipped, but the fact that at least some were neutrally aligned.

Does this mean that we have terrorists operating from bases in neutral territory? Is Newland city a stageing ground for their attacks on our territory?
    The possibility must be investigated.
    I respect the neutrals and their determination to stay out of this conflict. I do not wish to violate their territory, but neither can Omni-tek allow murderers to go unpunished due to political reasons. Perhaps it is time Omni-tek conducted a sweep of neutral areas to determine if indeed the Dust Brigade is hiding there, and if so, take action accordingly.

We are victims, too!

Gestava, surely you know Newland City was attacked by the Dust too. We are as much victims as you are, possibly more - while the perpetrators took pains to paint themselves as neutrals while attacking Omni, they couldn't in NLC and showed as the clanners they certainly were. It's obvious that they are trying to goad Omni in attacking neutral cities, probably to dupe the neutrals into joining with the clans.

There's certainly no shortage of psychotic personalities in the clans that could have thought this up.

If you want to get to the root of the matter, sweep Athens and Tir.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

re

I saw this as well, the Neutrals should look into their rogue elements ... if not, well....

We'll do it for you

And then....

the ones that attacked me at MMD where what? Cause my long affiliation with the clans didnt earn me any bonus points with them. They just mumbled something about being disgusted with the clans and shooted at me

Its clear we are having a serious problem here. Lets stop trying to use it to further your goals (thats for you "lets search everywhere I want to and knock some heads in the process" Omni) and panicking and pointing fingers elsewhere (thats for you "dont kill me, kill them" Neutral).

So, better if everyone keeps to their territory and search for them there... If I find them in the North you can rest assured I wont be inviting them for tea. Bloodthristy killers like those masked commandos arent clanners no matter what they say, and besides, they owe me a lot of pain

President Breogan
    Rubi-Ka Reform Party

I was present in NL city when we were attacked by "Masked Commandos" Dust Brigrade..... Their alignment stated it was Neutral, but did not discriminate on who they would attack. They proceeded to attack Neutral, Clan and Omni that were present.
    When killing neutral and atacking myself one Cammando stated " Join our cuase or Die" These Commandos and the Dust Brigade are far from being Neutral. It was inspireing though to see Omni, Clan and Neutral put all differences aside and join to fight this threat. Omni, Clan and Neutral assisting each other side by side to rid this evil known as the Dust Brigade was truely a site to witness. If only we could band together to find peace on Rubi-Ka as such.....
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

OOC: Its a bit silly to accuse the neutrals of being the source of the DB. Neutral isn't an alignment, its a LACK of an alignment. When the DB's con as neutral, it is to say they aren't really Clan or Omni, not to say that the neutrals are all some monolithic force.

Yes the commando didnt seem to mind that I was a clanner when I tried, with others, to remove the peace impediment from clan territory. In fact, he seemed to like that I was a clanner trying to stop him. He had fun killing me.

Uwen
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

NEUTRAL ISN'T A FACTION!

Being neutral isn't like being Omni or Clan. Its being neither. Dust is neutral because they're not aligned with Omni or With the clans...

Really the Neutrals are nothing. We fight for their right to be free, like our own rights... but don't pretend that they're anything resembling a real faction.

Angry

A neutral is an Omni-Tech employee who hasn't signed his contract yet. Don't deny the Dust/clan involvement - Redruum and his nefarious organization work with Dust, Redruum has even said as much in public statements! Reets of a feather flock together, they say, so let's look at our reets: Dust Brigades - violent, anarchist thugs bent on murder and undermining social order; the clans - violent, anarchist thugs bent on murder and undermining social order. You see? All sensible people will conclude that the Dust Brigades are an instrument of the clans.

I predict that as a result of this, many more neutrals will be returning to Omni.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Angry Horrible

Originally posted by FeloniousPunk
    Reets of a feather flock together, they say, so let's look at our reets: Dust Brigades - violent, anarchist thugs bent on murder and undermining social order; the clans - violent, anarchist thugs bent on murder and undermining social order. You see? All sensible people will conclude that the Dust Brigades are an instrument of the clans.
    You are comparing apples and oranges, friend.

The majority of Clansmen and women just want to lead a fulfilling life without the dictates of OT hanging over their head every second.

For example, take my new friend Minvera. Minvera is a clan-affiliated Martial Artist earning her living by policing the city of Tir. She does not undermine social order, on the contrary, she enhances it by trying to remove the radical fringe elements, be they neutral, OT, or Clan. Criminals are criminals, in her mind.

If the Dust Brigade is "an instrument of the Clans", why would they send commandos to kill in Tir and Athen? Or even Newland?
    Wouldn't they focus on OT specifically and singularly?

I can hear you next argument already: "They attack indiscriminately to cover their true affiliation." I doubt it. They attack indiscriminately because they are rabid dogs that need to
    be put down.

And finally, a definition of OT in the spirit of your previous post:

Omni-Tek - violent, paternalistic, brain-washed thugs bent on murder, exploitation, and the furthering of a demeaning, choiceless, bland, caste-ridden social order.

- Sllaagor
    Clan - Atrox Enforcer

have faith in Dust brigade, they have seen the truth and know what to do. and they do it.