Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Letter, from a Desert Winds Member

Open Letter, from a Desert Winds Member

An Open Letter to the present Rubi-Kan Community.

From Cristobal “blix01” McCovery, Member Desert Winds

Residents of Rubi-Ka,
    There are many lessons that can be learned from our beloved planet. Today I will speak to you of one. Please take some time and read from my journals. In it you will hopefully discover something of yourselves, and perhaps learn from what our planet is telling you.

“Journal Entry -
    As sit here in the once-beautiful Newland desert composing my day’s notes, I am suddenly surrounded by a group of rhinomen. They approached cautiously, but are otherwise unshaken by my presence in their territory. On the horizon, there is a viscous pool of toxic waste. Its surface ripples under the sonic weight of the notum barge rumbling overhead. It was a swimming hole once, and contained several species of aquatic life forms. Now it is dead. I suppose that once the rhinomen used to use this place as a water source. I don’t know for sure though since I have as of yet been unsuccessful at tracking them. I am sure that Naxilite will know, since he has spent so much time studying them.
    It’s unusual that they are being so trusting of me. I am in full armor and heavily armed. They would typically be much more agitated. Something is obviously of more importance to them.
    At the opposite end of the toxic pool is a goldhorn. These beautiful creatures used to be so abundant here. Now they are a rare sight. It’s unfortunate too, since the Goldhorn is an occasional food source for the Rhinomen tribes. It sickens me beyond belief that things have been allowed to degrade to such a level. A goldhorn, most of all a pure representation of what is right about our planet, is diminished.

It’s so comforting to see the balanced relationship between the Goldhorn and the Rhinomen still exists, even after the onslaught we have subjected Rubi-ka to. The Rhinomen are not making any aggressive moves toward the Goldhorn, and the Goldhorn does not flee from the Rhinomen that continue to linger in the area. Between them now is peace. There is no need for the Rhinomen to hunt, so they don’t. There is no need for the Goldhorn, in all her beauty, to flee. So she does not. The balance is maintained.

This is a situation that is clearly in harmony with Rubi-ka. It isn’t one of war, or of greed. There is no exploitation. In this harmonic relationship, there is no drilling, there is no Clan factions, there is no Omni-tek. There is no politics, There is no rhetoric.
    There is no us.
    What have we brought to this relationship? The toxic pool. Overhead a notum barge hovers; carrying more product of the drilling. None of this is healthy; Yet it too is evidence of a relationship; A relationship between the Clans, Omni-Tek and Neutral groups who drill on our planet. All of these parties are now acting together in a symbiotic relationship with the ICC. Unfortunately it also is a parasitic relationship with our beloved planet.”

People of Rubi-ka. This lesson is clear. You cannot continue to exploit the life of Rubi-Ka. As I have said before, the ultimate will of the planet will prevail, and in this example it shall be the honored Goldhorns and Rhinomen who survive the conflict that you bring upon yourselves.
    This is indeed a warning to the unwelcome molesters of Rubi-Ka. Your time here is numbered. I, and I boldly say my fellow Desert Winds associates, have dedicated our lives to the welfare of Rubi-ka, and our efforts will be applied diligently, and in some cases brutally. Through us, the planet will resist more harshly the harm you bring to her.
    Last edited by Blix; Feb 23rd, 2003 at 19:33:21.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Aye either we act now or parish along with the planet. And we must act against those that would strip Rubi-Ka of all her wealth and treasures to leave her barren. What they don't count on is that Rubi-Ka KNOWS what is going on and is fighting back. And we the Nanomage people join you in Desert Winds to protect that balance, protect Rubi-Ka, and to ensure the continuation of the breed NANOMAGE.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

My organization and I agree on your statements that Rubi-Ka should not be exploited for it's resources the way it has been. However both Desert Winds and the NLF have shown themselves to be nothing more the terrorist. You're attacks on notum towers and facilities do more damage to the environment then they do good. Each time a tower is brought down by force it spews forth a large amount of raw notum into the air. While not yet scientifically proven, this sudden hike of notum levels in the area appears to be the reason for the large violent storms that have more frequently ranged across the planet as well as mutations in the wildlife.
    Terrorist such as the NLF and DW should not be allowed to run free on Rubi-Ka; but yet they do, and increasingly the innocent citizens of Rubi-Ka have been made to suffer. We cannot let these groups of madmen run free, they must be stopped; but in suit their message of a healthier Rubi-Ka must be heard. But the violence that they create will only be answered with more violence and the problem will never be solved until it is too late for Rubi-Ka.

Originally posted by Trybes
    While not yet scientifically proven, this sudden hike of notum levels in the area appears to be the reason for the large violent storms that have more frequently ranged across the planet as well as mutations in the wildlife.
    I thank you for your concern for Rubi-Ka but on this issue you're completely wrong. The violent storms appeared after Omni-Tek, without thought for the delicate ecological state of the planet, altered something within the Weather control system (documentation of the changes have never been released). The rapid mutations and agressive behaviour we see in wildlife all over Rubi-Ka started right after the notum drilling was opened for the public and before the Desert Winds decided to help remove the most harmfull towers in certain high risk areas.
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

A word from "Fatozzie"

We of the NLF are bad because we tear down notum mines?
    Let me guess... you think we can all sit down and quietly agree to stop mining and live together in harmony?

We have given the Clans the chance -and they struck us down. We gave Omnitek the chance, and we were enslaved or ground beneath an Iron heel. No more!

We work for the freedom of the nanomage people and the sustainability of life on Rubika. You opifex, solitus and atrox can leave when the well runs dry and the air turns to a toxis fume. We cannot.

All we have left is to fight. For our freedom. For life. The notum mining equipment is a symbol of our -anf your, yes your!- oppression. As such, they are the first target!

OOC: Disclaimer -these views represent the views of the nanomage trader, Oswald "Fatozzie" Croteau and are in no way indicative of the views of his player

Terrorist such as the NLF and DW should not be allowed to run free on Rubi-Ka; but yet they do, and increasingly the innocent citizens of Rubi-Ka have been made to suffer.
    It is rubi-ka who is sufferering. She's suffering at the hands of the miners of notum. We arn't terrorists. On the contrary, we're protectors.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

However both Desert Winds and the NLF have shown themselves to be nothing more the terrorist.
    Desert Winds & The NLF are terrorists? Gimme a break. Those two Neutral guilds are the only ones who give a damn about this planet. They care enough to fight FOR the planet. So, true to the word of Neutrality, they are staying clear of the Omni vs. Clan conflict. However, in the planet Rubi-Ka vs. The Notum rapers (Omni, Clan & NEUTRAL), they clearly have sided with the planet.

Rubi-Ka is a beautiful place. I used to love wandering around Stret West Bank. Just enjoying the landscape. I can't do that anymore. Everywhere I used to go, there now is an UGLY tower, churning away and raping the planet of precious Notum. For what? Profit, thats all it is!! Sure, there are places in the universe that are in desperate need of Notum, and Rubi-Ka is a great source of it. But, those places don't care about Rubi-Ka, they'll bleed her dry, and then what? All Clanners & Neutrals will be left to die, on a planet that can no longer support them. Omni-Tek employees will leave and look for another source to satisfy their greed.

-Tifanyx

You've got to wonder what will happen to those OT nano-mages. I mean 25 years hence the rest of us will pack our bags and go back home. They are going to be stuck on Rubi-Ka at a time the political climate on the planet isn't going to be all that friendly to them.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

All you disruptive clanner/neuts should be blasted into the sand.

Omni-Tek is the only legal residence of Rubi-Ka. The rest of you can pack your bags and leave. Hell, I'm sure Omni-Tak would provide you with free transportation if you'll just leave.

Bide your time folks.. You push Omni-Tek too hard, and they're going to come after you with full force.
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer
    Atrox make baby jesus cry =(

Originally posted by Savoy
    You've got to wonder what will happen to those OT nano-mages. I mean 25 years hence the rest of us will pack our bags and go back home. They are going to be stuck on Rubi-Ka at a time the political climate on the planet isn't going to be all that friendly to them.
    Spoken like a loyal employee of Omni-Tek. Translation: Once we have fully exploited the planet for its entire net worth, we will move on and abandon those who served us faithfully for hundreds of years.

Once Omni-Tek leaves, there will be three kinds of people remaining: (i) the Clans; (ii) the neutrals; and (iii) the abandoned. The clans want a home, and we will have it. The neutrals want to be left at peace, and want to see Rubi-Ka flourish, and they will have that. The abandoned will be consumed with hatred at their former master, and will either take the fight elsewhere, or join the rest in harmony.

Oh if one could only advance the hands of time 25 years...
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Originally posted by Gennis
    All you disruptive clanner/neuts should be blasted into the sand.

Omni-Tek is the only legal residence of Rubi-Ka. The rest of you can pack your bags and leave. Hell, I'm sure Omni-Tak would provide you with free transportation if you'll just leave.

Bide your time folks.. You push Omni-Tek too hard, and they're going to come after you with full force.
    Um... actually, we have the ICC guaranteed legal right to be here. We aren't going anywhere. OmniTek will not come after anyone on RK full force. This is for OTRK to deal with. NOw, what part of your statement wasn't a lie? Maybe the part about OT providing free transportation? No, they love credits too much for that.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Emiliy

Spoken like a loyal employee of Omni-Tek. Translation: Once we have fully exploited the planet for its entire net worth, we will move on and abandon those who served us faithfully for hundreds of years.

Once Omni-Tek leaves, there will be three kinds of people remaining: (i) the Clans; (ii) the neutrals; and (iii) the abandoned. The clans want a home, and we will have it. The neutrals want to be left at peace, and want to see Rubi-Ka flourish, and they will have that. The abandoned will be consumed with hatred at their former master, and will either take the fight elsewhere, or join the rest in harmony.

Oh if one could only advance the hands of time 25 years...
    To me there are three classes, you're right. But not the same three that you see.

1) Omni-Tek Employees - The good folk of the planet. OT Leased this planet for one purpose, and one purpose only. Once it's finished it's going to leave, for there's just no more need for the planet or money to be made. RK is an investment, nothing more, nothing less.

2) Neutrals - These tree huggers and fence sitters that fell in love with Rubi-Ka and want to make it their "home." Well, I got news for you folks. This is OTRK's property you're sitting on. You live peaceful lives because OT allows you too. You best watch your mouths or we'll put your lazy butts back to work in the mines. After OT is done, and the planet is once again on the market, THEN you can talk to ICC and purchase it for your "home." Until then, you're living on someone elses dime. You don't like it? Leave...

3) Rebel scum - The clans.. These people are here for the pure and simple reason of disrupting OT's Notum flow. Probably funded by SBC to try and get OT off Rubi-Ka so they can move in and get their own piece of the action. The clans are here only to cause trouble, and further the hostility on Rubi-Ka. These people need to be cleansed from the planet --- one way or another.

As far as I'm consered Omni-Tek has gone out of it's way to keep the peace, and make you trouble making treaspassers happy.

I'm a loyal supporter and employee of Omni-Tek and I say, "Nuke 'em all - Let the broken Insurance Terminals sort 'em out!"

((OOC - Sorry about all the edits.. I spell gud!))
    Last edited by Carnuk; Feb 24th, 2003 at 21:07:46.
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer

I'm a loyal supporter and employee of Omni-Tek

Blah, blah, blah. You and a million other mindless drones.

Originally posted by Savoy
    I will take it upon myself to convert as many Omni nanomages as I can to clan. To set them free from their Omni-Tek masters. If we Nanomages are doomed to die, I rather die fighting than be the nanomage who says "What do you mean I can't go with you?".

I will also preach the word of the Nanomage Liberation Front for our Neutral Nanomage Brothers & Sisters. TILL ALL ARE FREE!!

-Tifanyx

Re: Open Letter, from a Desert Winds Member

OOC: That was beautiful, I almost cried.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Uwen

To me it seems like clanners are the mindless drones, You live in despair with dictators such as Silverstone and Factions such as the Dust Brigade, Yet you continue to claim you fight for peace.

Omni-Tek Citizens lives in peace while you choose to repeat the endless Clan Propaganda.. Your nothing but terrorists and it's time you stop living in your Dream World and realize that.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Originally posted by Uwen

You clanners always think we're mindless drones. Atleast we have the common sense to not live in poverty stricken, flea infested, run down, long forgotten Omni-Tek cities of old.

Nope.. I enjoy a regular pay check, health insurance, room for occupational advancement, a well furnished apartment, the latest in armor and weapons, free time to hang out at Baboons, ice cold beer, hot meals, and even hotter women.

I don't know what you dirty, rebel clanners call freedom or a good time, but obviously it's not the same as what I do.
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer

From the desk of Major McCovery,
    Leader of Desert Winds

Rubi-Ka is our home, all of us. If you want to keep the planet that way then look after her.

The weather system has been altered with drastic changes

The ICC has opened up mining to all, can our young ecosytem handle this pressure

How long before the over mining depletes the notum supply? what then for nanomages of all affiliations? they can not leave, they can not survive without notum. Do all you miners support mass genocide? because that is what will happen if the notum runs out and/or the ecosytem fails.

The mining must stop
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

You clanners always think we're mindless drones. Atleast we have the common sense to not live in poverty stricken, flea infested, run down, long forgotten Omni-Tek cities of old.
    Actually, West Athen was built by the clans. It is a beautiful, clean city.

Nope.. I enjoy a regular pay check, health insurance, room for occupational advancement, a well furnished apartment, the latest in armor and weapons, free time to hang out at Baboons, ice cold beer, hot meals, and even hotter women.
    I enjoy a regular paycheck as a pubtender at The Cup. I have health insurance provided by Federated Insurance. I have a very well furnished apartment. I don't need armour or weapons as I am a healer, not a killer. I hang out in Baboons and Rompas whenever I want. I have ice cold beer, hot meals, and, supposedly, the hottest women, if that even matters. Yes, I have been told by countless Omni Employees that, for some reason, "dirty clanner women" are better.

/shrug

Women aren't everything.

I don't know what you dirty, rebel clanners call freedom or a good time, but obviously it's not the same as what I do.
    Actually, its very similar. Except I reckon I have more fun.

And Marli, thats too funny! I guess you guys are working with new material for the Comedy Hour? Hehe, me spewing clanner propaganda... and it coming from you of all people! Hehe, seriously, you guys are the funniest!

You guys make me sick. Blix tries to enlighten you to the plight of the planet and all you can do is compare who's got a better health plan!!! Well here's some news fer ya. Your health plan means SQUAT. Your bars mean SQUAT. who has a "more enjoyable time" while letting the planet die means SQUAT when the ONE TRUE WAR comes to you!
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast