Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pricing for tradeskills

I'm having some supreme difficulty getting 1250 QFT, though I think I can manage it. The main problem is finding a QFT tutoring device! They don't sell in stores!

If anyone can find a ql 150-170ish QFT tutoring device, I'd be most greatful. Don't feel like using 200 tutoring devices.

Grrr, so annoying. Have to get a wrangle to put on my Init. Scope and OT12 back in, as well as the usual equipment fumbling. How did you guys manage to get 1250 QFT? I'd like to know.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

QL 200 tut device.... works wonders
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

Tutoring devices can be rolled.
    Neutral shops also sell tutoring devices up to 200. Clan shops dont.
    But if you are serious about tradeskills get a pioneer and a ql200 tutoring device

1250 QFT:

2 Beyer Pistols (+40 QFT)
    Helmet of Technical Ceremonies
    Full set of QL200 QFT implants
    Construction Sleeves
    QL200 Tutoring Device
    QL80 Bow Tie

Then all the usual stuff, virral eggs, etc etc etc

Ended up with 1252 QFT as Solitus, not including any org advantages.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

K, I was wondering along those lines too. Guess I'll have to get my mind around to making tutoring imps, heh. Thanks
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

If you have maxed tutoring you can get 1000 with just the ear imp, pioneer backpack, tech ceremonies helm and expertise...

Highorbit, I assume there's a Maestro: QFT in there somewhere too?

EDIT: QFT is partly dependent upon Psychic, so a Chest implant with Shining Psychic would add some points more.
    Last edited by Kzak; Jul 20th, 2003 at 11:13:50.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Yep sorry.. that one was kind of assumed

Not to flame this thread but -
    most of these prices are insane!
    I would never charge this much for making stuff for people,
    really lol

Tundraa: Have you played an Engineer to L200?

If not, do so, and you'll quickly come to realize why we charge payment to do tradeskills.

After spending 130 million credits or more on the Shape Armor tools, Pioneer backpack etc., I think we are entitled to getting some money back.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Originally posted by Kzak
    Tundraa: Have you played an Engineer to L200?

If not, do so, and you'll quickly come to realize why we charge payment to do tradeskills.

After spending 130 million credits or more on the Shape Armor tools, Pioneer backpack etc., I think we are entitled to getting some money back.
    No I have not, but I have bought the very same items you have,
    I make stuff for people without charging that much and guess what? Im doing fine without ripping them off

I don't rip them off either. I state my prices before any tradeskilling is performed. My customers accept those prices - those few who do not are free to seek other tradeskillers if they believe they can do it more cheaply.

If anyone have asked you to do 1250 QFT, how much would *you* charge for such a service? Somehow I doubt you'd do it for free, considering the major hassle it is for anyone - Traders and Engineers - to get that high.

Well, I am a 200 crat -
    and our "main tradeskill" is psychology.
    I DO go that extra length (imps /items swapping) to help people out without charging this much.
    Like I said - my post wasn't a flame, just an opinion

1250 QFT

Soli and Nanomage can go over 1250 easy...im opifex and max i could get with that same setup was 1243...will have to make some 201+ imps to get to 1250.

Was just info
    Unnerf the NTs please.

Dont forget int/psy general buffs, Psy chest imp, and tir rings.

Originally posted by Kzak
    I don't rip them off either. I state my prices before any tradeskilling is performed. My customers accept those prices - those few who do not are free to seek other tradeskillers if they believe they can do it more cheaply.

If anyone have asked you to do 1250 QFT, how much would *you* charge for such a service? Somehow I doubt you'd do it for free, considering the major hassle it is for anyone - Traders and Engineers - to get that high.
    Just to add:

Some of the parts (helm) are REAL pains to get. Involving a dozen people or more. It isnt something that you can 'easily' do and 1250 is one of those numbers. Of course if your org wants to shift a advantage around to QFT then its ALOT easier and attainable without some of the more painful aspects.

Just my thoughts.

(yes I live!)
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

great work elbo -- ive started using this as my price list and lately i've been getting a lot of 'my engie friend just logged on and will do it for free'. rats!! less people whining for me to get my med suit on!! the last straw was the 1m tip i got for making a FULL set of ql220 imps....
    The Damage Junkie and the Junk
    damage king of RK2
    [ Nanobots 10% Perk Specials 18% SneakAttack 8% Backstab 15% Regular 19% FastAttack 6% Critical 20% ]

Well I don't really understand this.

Should I seek payment for defending your towers elbo ? Should guilds not help each other out unless paid ?

This is just crazy to me, too much greed imo. So many issues I don't understand, for one thing why do people charge the same clanners that to the opposite side ? This game is about "us versus them". I've never charged to make implants, I doubt many NTs have, if I have the time I will make them. I even made a set in tara the other day, in box. My rational is that this is a online game built around everyone being co-dependent.

At sometime in this game you will need someone else’s help, perhaps to get a item, or defend your towers, or to buff you to get some item on etc. Also if I help others that means they in turn get slightly stronger, which means my side gets slightly stronger.

I just play to do my part in the grand scheme of things. So if there is a war I go there, if someone needs some imps made I do it. Because at some point I will need help.

So if any clanner needs an implant service, then I will be there for free when I am available. I think I can hit around 1450ish with a bit of work.

I'm not trying to sound self-righteous. I just think perhaps telling others not to lower there prices is just silly. They have the right to be less greedy if they want to. For those that do trade skills for free I /salute you. Kindness has it's own rewards in karma, and what comes around does go around
    Mains:
    Alpha(NT)|Cent(Enf)|Bio(Doc)
    Twinks:
    Straight(Trd)|Infekted(Trd)|Infekted MKII(Trd)|Betty(MP)

Sorry but we all spend a great deal of time hunting items to give us a tiny improvement in trade skills, and we need those on top of all the other items everyone else wants.

If trade skills don't provide a financial gain of any kind then I may as well just do them for guildmates and friends, or perhaps just not at all?

Would you shout at the people that charge 60+ million for the PPPEs? Or the ones that get you to make a GA IV nano and proceed to sell it for 900 million on the shopping channel?

Perhaps you could just hand over a Notum tank or something for free to a random engineer and really make them happy?

No difference at all between charging for an item and charging for a service.

alpha -- following your logic, i hereby garnish your entire reallife job's paycheck because it's just a service that you should be giving to your company to make them more profitable. you shouldn't be expecting compensation in return, you greedy bastard.
    The Damage Junkie and the Junk
    damage king of RK2
    [ Nanobots 10% Perk Specials 18% SneakAttack 8% Backstab 15% Regular 19% FastAttack 6% Critical 20% ]

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast