Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Pricing for tradeskills

Prices

1) Problem with letting people set the "fair" prices is that often some people's (you) idea of the effort involved to do something and the actual effort involved are very different. You may think "it's just 3 clicks" and don't realize the effort that is put forth to may a few click possible. When I spend my time working for you, I deserve just compensation. Rather than read about the pricing for tradeskills you purport to not pay for, I suggest you return to your meathead endeavors with your meathead toons.

2) As for your belief that this would be illegal in RL(if we were in RL, and if we were fixing prices), I don't think it would be actually. This is more similar to a Union collective agreement than to Corporate market manipulation. If we all undercut each other's prices, then there are very few worthwhile reasons for a new player to try tradeskills. This results in a diminished number of players with the necessary skills to build whatever garbage you really want but have no idea how to make. Perhaps you know more about anti-trust laws than I, but multiple spelling errors in your reply would hint otherwise.

3) This thread actually protects you (well... not you cause you have a guildie whose effort you don't truly appreciate, but other people) If we all have a general idea of what building something is worth based on the number of people who are capable of completing the job, and the tools required, then citizens can look at this and know how much they should expect to pay for their implants or that nano they want, and they don't get ripped off consequently.

Well thats my not so humble opinion. Feel free to ask questions if you like.

Stepho556
    Level 200 Engineer

Re: Prices

Originally posted by stepho556
    1) Problem with letting people set the "fair" prices is that often some people's (you) idea of the effort involved to do something and the actual effort involved are very different. You may think "it's just 3 clicks" and don't realize the effort that is put forth to may a few click possible. When I spend my time working for you, I deserve just compensation. Rather than read about the pricing for tradeskills you purport to not pay for, I suggest you return to your meathead endeavors with your meathead toons.
    I very well know how much work SOME trade skills takes...so you can just stick your gimpy remarks where only too many men have been....

2) As for your belief that this would be illegal in RL(if we were in RL, and if we were fixing prices), I don't think it would be actually. This is more similar to a Union collective agreement than to Corporate market manipulation. If we all undercut each other's prices, then there are very few worthwhile reasons for a new player to try tradeskills. This results in a diminished number of players with the necessary skills to build whatever garbage you really want but have no idea how to make. Perhaps you know more about anti-trust laws than I, but multiple spelling errors in your reply would hint otherwise.
    you actualy think its legal for business's to set a "standard price for the work im pretty sure its illigal anywhere in the world or they could just force the prices up and customers coudent do **** about it....i know its illigal where im from, but what i do know how ppl work in the deep dark jungle do thier business...

3) This thread actually protects you (well... not you cause you have a guildie whose effort you don't truly appreciate, but other people) If we all have a general idea of what building something is worth based on the number of people who are capable of completing the job, and the tools required, then citizens can look at this and know how much they should expect to pay for their implants or that nano they want, and they don't get ripped off consequently.
    what are you talking about tard boy? where did i ever mention i dident appreciate his work for me?...eh? i thought so retard!

Well thats my not so humble opinion. Feel free to ask questions if you like.

Stepho556
    Level 200 Engineer
    im pretty sure you woudent be able to answer anything usefull from reading your post here...

to the rest of ya...if anyone else like tard boy here dident catch my point...i just think its wrong to set a price like this...that would totaly eliminate all forms for competition...yes, this could prolly also stop some of those ppl demanding insane amount of cash for their work when its not really that big a deal...

anyways...my 2 cents

-Frost
    Last edited by Frost; Jan 6th, 2004 at 06:17:27.
    Filthgrinder, Soldier Of Legion[size=0.1]
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>[/size]
    Do you belive?
    Which Personality Disorder Do I Have?
    My type is: KAE.
    Killer 93% - Achiever 66% - Explorer 26% - Socializer 13%
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>

Account Created : 2001-06-27 13:42:4

Hehe

Oki one caveat to my previous message, if you are not a native english speaker then i'd like to retract the comments about your spelling woes. Otherwise, you clearly are reading below your grade level, and should probably stick to the game itself. Thank you.

Stepho556

yea well, being a non native english speaker and awake for 24 hour + kinda does that to my typing...but that still dont change the point of my post...

im still waiting for you to tell me where i dont appreciate my guildies work...
    Do you belive?

Well of course you never said you didn't appreciate him. It is implied from your attitude about tradeskills in general. Though i'm sure he'd never take it( i don't from my org) , I don't suppose you've ever offered to pay him for his work. (Excepting your first couple times after you join)

Ok, perhaps you understand the concept of a Union? Workers banding together to keep from getting ripped off. This is essentially what this thread is. Once again, we are NOT fixing prices here. But in real life it is not illegal for workers to band together in order to protect each others interests. People with certain skills or abilities regularly come together and associate themselves for the purpose of creating standards regarding quality of work, manner in which it is done, and yes *gasp*, prices. This is not illegal, it is commonplace in most of the industrialized world.

Stepho556

now where did you read i didn't appreciate all the work behind all trade skills?...you sure you really read what im saying here?

I always offer tips to anyone who do this kind of work for me so i guess your wrong once more...

Aye, i understand the concept of a union...but you guys aint "workers".... whos your employer?...what i mean is when you put "min prices" you are fixing prices.

what do you think there would happen to 2 company's who both sell....glass....and they decide they wont go lower then 5000 creds for their work?...these 2 company's are owned by 2 different ppl...you think thats legal? well, where i lived we just had a incident like this and that wasent very legal...
    Do you belive?

Originally posted by Frost

im just happy i got a cool guildie who does all my trade skill work for free so i dont have to deal with gready bums like most of you ppl :/
    I'm glad too. Personaly i think greedy are the people who expect engies to do stuff for them for free and then turn around and sell it to others.
    Engies need to make a living too. We are not as good at soloing stuff, so we have to find a way to afford all the stuff that we need to keep doing what we do. I wonder if your attitude would be the same if you had to invest as much as we did on IP and equipments to do trade work (Like PPPEs) wich don't come cheap.

i never expect to get anything for free...thats why i also posted i offer to tip them for the work they do...try reading it all
    Do you belive?

Ok, i'll keep this simple and cut the big words out this time to help you out a bit. We are employed by the people who contract us for our jobs. This is similar to most carpenters, plumbers, electricians, and other contractors in general. Yes, price fixing is illegal, when done by several buisnesses, and i'm no doubt that your glass companies will pay severe penalties. But you do not have to be employed by someone else to form a union. Once again, we are NOT fixing prices, just creating a recommended structure so we don't ask for too much and you don't offer too little for the effort we put forth. Even IF we did fix prices among us and we were NOT stuctured like a Union, there are a majority of people who do not abide by this, thus, we don't have the market power to create a monopoly needed to make a price fixing case. This activity is totally legal in real life.

A tepid response about how you always make offers contradicts your expressed glee about not having to pay for tradeskills and deal with us. I would like to thank you for having your guildies do tradeskills for you, for your type are the nightmare customers that endlessly whine about things they don't know a thing about.

I have read every word you have wrote and it is rather clear that you came here to start a fight and/or waste our time. Why else would you be posting in the engineers forum when you have no purpose to post other than to denegrate our efforts? As my time is not free, I will not be responding again to someone who clearly intends to waste time writing about things he has barely a overview knowledge of. Thank you for never asking me to waste my time building things for you.

Stepho556
    A Quote from work that sounds the same as this exchange does to anyone who has mastered the language:

Worker: "I'm not following you, I mean this is a circular argument..."

Boss: "I agree that you're not following, but it is not a circular argument."

I will soon stop doing trade skills for others than guildes or friends. The time and effort put into it, is not worth the price ppl are willing to pay.
    Maybe even ip reset tradeskills so I can max out my evades and wield a cool weapon that actually does some damage....

I can always do as everyone else if I need some trade skills done, find another engie and pay a really low price for it.....

I hope some of you out there get the point...... But that would be to hope for to much?
    Rlessa 169 Engie RK2
    Rlinna 34 Doc RK2
    Sluggah 63 Soldier RK2
    Klippan 70 Crat RK2

Member of White Cycle

Hmm.. why do you even respond to someone who gives you remarks about man-man relationships then calls you a retard?

People like him shouldnt post in the forums its a abomination to have to read his spew.

Report his post and have him removed from the forums.

As for the 'price list':

People pay these prices (well its a bit out of date.. I have the updated one at work finaled to about the same to 20% less). Anyways people pay these prices because it is the most fair and equitable way to insure those who gimp there evades and combat skills in favor of tradeskills are given a equal share of the credit pie since they can't 'TMS' missions or use bioshield because they went tradeskills.

Of course I'm wasting my time... he doenst have a engi. Don't bother to respond boy you arnt worth my time.

You will convince no one in this forum about making tradeskills for free. I've offered in the past to post anyone who wants to make tradeskills for free and the things they can do at the bottom of the post with a note at the top. I didnt get any people. It's people like him that make engi's and traders etc reset the skills they have because of the true lack of appreciation for the time and effort we face on projects.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

rofl....since when is it not allowed share your thoughts on the subject?

I never said i wanted trade skills to be free, where did you get that idea?...the only thing i had a grudge against was the "fixed prices"....I however don't see a problem if you made the list for ppl to use as guiding prices...

get over yourself dude....

oh and btw, i do have a engi

-Frost
    Do you belive?

Would be interested in price-range on completing pocket-boss patterns (crystals and the subdued novictum).

I'm guessing this service will just become more sought after in the future as I don't see everyone raising NP and Qft as very likely
    ´
    Mantrin /\ Amno /\ Groess /\Egeria /\ Fisler /\ Iyix /\Ilijana /\

Krugerrand /\Omninecrosis /\ Masif /\ Indrik /\

I've found its better to get control armor tips and smaller pocket boss tips from people or the offer of going to get some of the loot if it drops in your profession.

As for QFT... the worst I've found is around 1070 in QFT for a 220 boss I made up for someone.

Reason for the control armor 'tips' is they obviously don't know a engi who is high enough to really use it (180-260 stuff) or else they would be at them making the PB anyways.

I refuse to respond to the abusive man-man infatuated peep who refuses to understands Mummu's initial response of

"we are not 'setting' the prices here, we just discuss them. "

Also if he feels like I posted this to set prices fine. Thats what he fells. So what, go on and live your own life you've said your piece (I use the correct spelling for those who wish to read into it <--) here.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Unstuck.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910