Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pricing for tradeskills

Pricing for tradeskills

FIRST: These numbers are good basic numbers for tradeskills. If you get good fast service you can/should consider tipping over the charge if you can well afford it.

Implants: 125-200 1K per QL per piece. Minimum charge is 2K per the level of the person making it.**

Nano Creation: 30-100: 3K Per QL. Minimum charge 3K per level of the person making it.**
    Nano Creation: 101-180: 4K: per QL. Min charge 4K per level of the person making it.**
    Nano creation: 181-200: A good tip would be 1-2M
    Nano creation: 201-215: A good tip would be 2-3M

Implant Disassembly Units/Treatment Libraries: 30-180 3K Per QL. Minimum charge is 3K per lvl of the person making it**
    Implant Disassembly Units/Treatment Libraries: 180-200 3K Per QL. Min charge 500K. A good tip would be 750-1M.

Guns: 30-180: 2K Per QL. Min charge 2K per lvl of the person making it**
    Guns: 180-200: 3K Per QL. Min charge 4K per lvl of the person making it**

Stims/Emergency Treatment Labs: 125-170 4K Per QL lvl + cost of items.

Agression Enhancer: 3K Per QL.

Virral Triumvirate Egg : 2M Minimum.

Augmented Bow Tie : 250K Minimum. Good tip 500-1M.

Overtuning Tank Armors: 2K Per lvl of the person making it. Good tip: 3K per lvl of the person making it. They provide the tool**

CAS/Barter Armor takes the same skill so consider I consider the following to be for both.

CAS Symbiotic Armor 30-180: 3K per QL Minimum charge 3K per lvl of the person making it.**
    CAS Symbiotic Armor 181-200: 4K Per QL minimum charge 1M.**

Bronto Hide Armor: 30-180 3K per QL minimum charge 3K per lvl of the person making it.**
    Bronto Hide Armor: 181-200 4K per QL minimum charge 1M.**

Metallic Mantis Armor: 30-180K 3K Per QL minimum charge 3K per the level of the person making it**
    Metallic Mantis Armor: 181-200 4K Per QL minimum charge 1M.**

Flesh Hoods : 30-180: 3K Per QL minimum charge 3K per the lvl of the person making it.**
    Flesh Hoods : 181-200: 4K Per QL minimum charge 1M.**

Carbonum Plate Armor: 30-180: 2K Per QL minimum charge 2K per the level of the person making it.**
    Carbonum Plate Armor: 181-200: 2K Per QL. Minimum charge 500K. Making a Full set with 30% discount. **

Rollerrat Carbonum Helmet: 1M for the first piece 500K for each additional.

Junk Metal : QL125-150 : 250K Min or 100K a Piece whichever is higher.
    Junk Metal : QL151-190 : 1M Min or 500K a Piece whichever is higher.
    Junk Metal : QL191-200 : 3M Min or 1M a Piece whichever is higher.
    Note: Do not bother bringing a piece that is QL210+ robot part to a tradeskills person unless you check with them first. It requires 6XQL in ME to create so the requirement is very high.

Implants requiring 1250 in QFT : 5M EACH! They should thank you for such a low price too.

Implants requiring 1250 in Psychology 10M " " " " " "

Implants requiring 1200+ in WS : 5M " " " " " "

Implants requiring 1100+ in Pharm: 5M " " " " "

Dragonflesh Armor: 1M per piece.

Coffee Machines: 500K.

Custom Towers: QL50-125: 4K per lvl of the person making it.**
    Custom Towers: 126-175: 500-1M each or 4K per QL lvl.**
    Custom Towers: 176-190: 2M Each.
    Custom Towers: 191-200: 5M Each.
    Custom Towers: 201-217: 6M Each.
    Custom Towers: 217-222: 8M Each.
    Custom Towers: 223-230: 10M Each
    ^^ You supply the nanobots

Custom Laser Towers: 160-255: 2.5M Each

Other considerations: The items value: If your making a GAIV you should tip heavy because of the trust involved hence the price for the VTE.

**= Minimum charge should be whatever is the greater in the case of multiple pieces.
    Reasoning: Chemistry/Pharm Tech should cost people more. No one uses it for ANYTHING useful except for tradeskills.
    Nano creation: Requires 5 skills when creating that needs to be maintained at a decent level.
    Bronto/Flesh/Mantis/Dragon/Carb: Price of the PPPE and skills involved in creation.

Adjustments will be made as market conditions change

Edit to change custom turret to QL205+ ()
    Edit to adjust Carb pricing and Overtuned armor.
    Edit to Adjust Cold Laser Turret pricing.
    Edit to add Ql220-224 Custom Towers.
    Edit to adjust pricing on Custom Towers.
    Edit to Add Jobe/refined implants requirng QFT/WS/Psychology/Pharm.
    Edit to change pricing on a few things.
    Edit to change VTE pricing
    Last edited by Elbo; Aug 5th, 2003 at 22:05:34.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Great Job

I have made most of the above (don't have PPPEs) including GAIV and VTE and these prices seem in line with my experiences on Rimor.

My implant services have always been on a tip basis. Your price for QL200 of 200K x 13 pieces = 2.6 mil for a full set of implants is near the lower end of what people have been voluntarily tipping (usually 2-5 million). But 2.6 mil is a good a number as any - we'll call the overage a nice tip.

Would you say that these prices include a hack where necessary, or would you charge more for some B&E? Those crazy treatment libraries eating my hackers tools.

Oh by the way... EXCELLENT WORK!
    Mocham free since February 2003.
    Maestro dependent since January 2003.
    Honestly, that traders are the owners of the tradeskill buffs should not be a major point of complaint. - Munchausen

The implants are 'hard' to nail down. When doing full sets you should consider discounts depending on how they hand the implants to you. If they give you 2 packs and say here ... screw em charge em the max.

I raised the pricing on the treatment/disassembly units. I had forgotten the b&e part. Begging a kharma buff from a fixer can be a pain but they are everywhere. Just need to find the right lvl one to cast it. 850 in B&E is hard to reach.

Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Talking

great post !
    thank you very much for taking the time to put this together , tipping has always been one of my biggest confusions in game .

edit: ooh seing your post about implants, what is the preferd way of getting the parts? . Iv only had custom made by someone i didnt already know once (my friend just said to hand it all over) , and he wanted implant+the clusters for it, one implant at a time.
    Is that the way to concider standard ?

thanks
    Last edited by Brimstone; Feb 19th, 2003 at 22:39:34.

Preferred way of handling implants depends on the person. Just ask them: 1 set at a time or all of it in bags.

I like the 1 set at a time since I rarely have enough space (I'm a pack freak carry almost all my important junk on me)

When I ask someone to make me implants I usually give them to the person in a bag, first item in the bag would be an imp followed by all the clusters that go in it, then next imp followed by clusters and so on.

Originally posted by Evrika
    When I ask someone to make me implants I usually give them to the person in a bag, first item in the bag would be an imp followed by all the clusters that go in it, then next imp followed by clusters and so on.
    This is useless since most of the time (99.999%) the items in the bags get mixed up.

That sucks, there goes my hard work making things easier for a person who is making stuff .

Originally posted by Evrika
    I've always personally liked getting the imps handed to me one at the time so when tradewindow drops they open a new one and starts to trade next implant while I'm finishing up the previous. Maybe a mezz for the one who needs the imps, but sure as hell fast and easy for me
    Drmys - 216/18 Healmonkey
    Znyper - 220/15 Assassin
    Keepyxa - 203/5 Keeper
    Atomyxa - 152/0 NT
    Intoxica - 157/0 Soldier

- THE RENAISSANCE -

Yup, nice post... Most of these prices are higher than what I usually charge, but I would gladly raise my prices to not ruin the market

Actually I think I will refer my customers to this post if they think the prices are too high...

Re: Pricing for tradeskills

Originally posted by Elbo
    Overtuning Tank Armors: 3K Per lvl of the person making it. Good tip: 5K per lvl of the person making it.**
    This is the price if you provide the parts (except armor?), the only thing needed is a nanocreationtool and B&E to overtune it, and B&E is pretty low (2.5x QL I think)

CAS Symbiotic Armor 30-180: 3K per QL Minimum charge 3K per lvl of the person making it.**
    CAS Symbiotic Armor 181-200: 4K Per QL minimum charge 1M.**
    Wish my customers was like this, the best payment I got is 2.5kxQL, and noone is close to 3-4kxQL, more like 1kxQL

Carbonum Plate Armor: 30-180: 3K Per QL minimum charge 3K per the level of the person making it.**
    Carbonum Plate Armor: 181-200: 4K Per QL minimum charge 1M. Making a Full set: 1.5M minimum charge.**
    mm, people runs when I say it cost 2kxQLxpieces... so I have started to charge 1kxQLxpieces for QL1-200, but most even tip less than that... it's sad...

What I really hate, people ask for your help, you help them but you get nothing in return - I would at least except a polite thank you! Guess I have to say what I charge before they hand me the items next time (but not for lowlevel items)
    Krabbus - Engineer in game and outside. Both working their ass off for almost 4 years...

This account was cancelled at:
    2004-09-18 01:57:53
    It will remain playable until : 2004-??-?? ??:??:??
    Reason: this game is turning more and more into a work... call it my second work if you'd like.

Nice post. Up until now i have mostly hoped people will tip for my services, although there are a few things i name a price for. I have been unsure of the going rates among the tradeskillers on rimor. Sadly only a select few will tip so i'm going to start naming a price before i start. I think i will use this list for my prices.

The last vte egg i made i got 1 mill for. Kinda low compared to your 4 mill minimum.

3mil is what i consider the minimum for a VTE but if elbo can get more horray for us

OK Adjusting carb plate down to 2K Per QL with a discount of 30% at 5+ pieces. That will make the customers happy and everyone will enjoy. Example : 150QL x 5 Pieces X 2K Per QL = 1.5M / 30% = 1.05M.

Also adjusting Overtuning down. Not to include the tool. If they know enough to overtune some armor they should know they need something to do it with.

If they don't like it tell them to raise chemistry and to hand over a HPO as collateral and you'll let them do it. That has shut up the mouthy peeps who quickly end up on my ignore list anyways.

Also yes. If you pass bags to someone they resort themselves. Its a sick process to look at each cluster and pick the right ones out. I like the method above where your making it they are handing you the next set.

If your bored and someone low wants say 3 implants with 1 cluster in the eye/hand/head (comp lit is a good example) I consider those goodwill and never charge unless they press money on me.

Igaloran/Martinn: Never go lower than 4M. Its just a sick process to make those some times and maestroes and a doc buff and implant swaping.

silmaril: Don't ruin the market. People undercutting each other isnt the way to go. Hold the line. They will pay. Most people who are at 130+ don't loot a whole lot of bodies anymore because they are just lazy. Looting a QL190ish mission on every 6th body will give you a backpack full of junk and won't slow the group down and will provide cash flow around 500-1M per mission. They are just being lazy and cheap if they don't give you something along the lines of the above pricing.

I better stop else I'll really tell you how I feel about people who don't 'tip' well.

Great work, Elbo. Announcing a price ahead of time is the best way to keep customers and Engineers happy.

I would recommend to most though to download AO Ref Maker and make a price list(using Elbo's prices)of all the tradeskills that you can. This way you can place the reference in chat instead of spamming everyone with a huge price list.
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

I tried this once. It limited me to 1024 characters (give or take a few). Any way to extend this or should I just make it into 2 ref files?

I have a suggestion. When creating nano crystals, the hardest component to work with is the Carbonrich Rock. Since a lot of people have a tendency to give Engies the 200+ rocks they find on team missions its difficult(or impossible) to build their crystals I refuse those rocks from strangers and keep a set of spares for friends.

My suggestion is this. Make the ql of the rock they give you be the deciding factor of the price. Not the ql of the finished crystal.
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering

Originally posted by Elbo
    I tried this once. It limited me to 1024 characters (give or take a few). Any way to extend this or should I just make it into 2 ref files?
    1024 characters??? I didnt know this :/ I guess 2 Refs or a less verbose list are the only options
    Advisor of First Light

I would be a happy camper if someone could condense the list down into 1-2 ref files and post em. Cut and paste so to speak.. :-)

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast