Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: In Progress - Early 13.2 Build Notes

Concerning grid camping...

Well how about when clanners "take over" 2h0, as an example?
    They're doing that stuff by the grid. The only way for omnis to stop them is to go near that place. And if the clanners can initiate attacks before the 15 secs have passed it might give them an advantage?

I don't know what I think about the case yet, but it's just a thought......

---
    Glbob - clan Enforcer
    RK1

Thanks

Hey Funcom guys --

I just want to say, whether or not I agree with every patch, thanks for trying.

The difference between Funcom and Verant is like night and day. You guys are great.

And I say that despite going from Verant's underpowered support class (Ranger) to Funcom's (Fixer).

hahaha.

Anyway, thanks for a fun game that is far superior to EQ.

Patch

I like the idea of 15sec of invinciblity. I think they should be able to move, it will allow people who want to do a missions a chance, but there will still be the chance they could be attacked.

I do not think they should be able to attack when invincible. This gives to much power to the attacker.

Personally, I think Grid/Whompa camping is a skillless tactic. But some people do enjoy it, and measures need to be put in so it can be done without ruining it for other people. I think this is a good step in the right direction.

PvP

Well...congrats to this decision...great job

This will get the grid campers out of their hideout...

I guess most of the grid-campers are cowards...cause they didn't even have the guts to camp the 4Holes grid exit so far. I'm using that grid exit frequently, and it was never camped...

Think about it, grid campers...

Greets
    Shiv

Does the invulnerability apply only to PvP or does it protect you from NPCs as well. IMHO, the worst grid campers are the clan guards in Athens. If the invulnerability DOES apply to NPCs this will be a big advantage for mission blitzers.

shrug!
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Originally posted by Snarf
    > This is going to create SO many bad things. I mean, I can rush up to an NT, totally protected, and just unleash hell before she/he can do anything. Some professions rely on distance.

Yes, soldiers do have the advantage there... But imagine this strategy

Wait outside a store. Root someone that comes by. Zone into store. Zone out of store. Nuke them. Zone into store. Zone out of store. Nuke them. Repeat until they're dead. Re-root them if you're lagging. *THEY CANT TOUCH YOU*.

lol. Brilliant funcom. Yet another poorlt thought through concept.

Snarf
    This will/should lead to no-zoning after you've initiated an attack on somone (PC and possibly NPC) for a period of time. This, of course, will take more coding. I'd rather have the 15 second rule when it's ready instead of waiting for it all. It will FIX a huge problem and create a very minor one.

Invulnerability...

About the Invulnerability in 15 secs rule. I have seen some good points to it and bad. I'll combine a couple. And make it so u r invulnerable for 15secs or enough amount of steps it takes to get back into the whompa or store u were in. Therefore defeating running around looking for a target and u still get to load enough time to get yourself together and think about things before u go out exploring...

Comments on Updated 13.2 message

>Engineer Changes:
    >Engineers have received a Summon line of nanos.

Giving the *Engineer* the Summon line of nanos (One will allow them to teleport any person in their team to the current location of the engineer. The other will allow them to teleport every person in their team to the current location of the engineer.) doesn't seem to fit, and frankly, fit into the Fixer class much better.

From Funcom's own description of engineers, they "control, repair and manipulate equipment." Manipulating EXISTING equipment is fine and dandy, but teleporting people around? I could see them teleporting their PETS around, but not people.

Fixers are described as "aquiring anything on demand...and work as an intermediary in the underworld." Which sounds a lot more like Summoning people around, than the engineer's description. If Fixers can shove people *INTO* the Grid, why not let them yank people *OUT* of the Grid? Get into the grid, and then the Fixer can pull you out to where the Fixer is.

Now, if the engineer could create a portable oneshot teleporter, that would make more sense.
    It would also tie into the tradeskills that are starting to be implemented. Summoning people doesn't fit for them.

>The text color of buffs wearing out has been
    >changed to be easier to distinguish from other text messages.

Please tell me it's not the same color as the team chat and the tell chat...

>Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the
    >"You countered the nanoprogram..." to flood your chat.

...and how about the "your comp lit needs to be ###" flooding your chat when you exit the grid?

>Improved splitting of item stacks.
    >By pressing CTRL+left Click you try to
    >split a stack. Now, by pressing CTRL+Shift+Left Click
    >you can slide your mouse left-right and define the
    >size of the stack you want to pick up!

yay!

>We’ve found and eradicated container gnomes!
    >Items will now stay in the location you placed them.
    >This applies to your inventory, bank and containers.

How about the items in a backpack shifting down about 5 rows sometimes, leaving lots of blank spaces at the top?

Smile Change the Martial ARTIST!

Make it better. thats all i have to say. make it better.

Angry Doc changes in patch 13.2

I can't understand why the FunCom team is using so much time fixing bugs that make AO fun to play, and so little time fixing really irritating bugs. What I am really pissed off by is that you made only ONE change to the doc profession, and that was reducing the fixed time of a spell duration..! What about getting your *** moving and fix the pharmacy trade skill for us docs??!
    Make our lousy lives a little better by actually making our profession worth playing! We can't stack the emergency stims etc, and it looks like all the advantages of ao are deliberately taken away from us docs.

Another example is that we always get aggroed all the time, making our lives miserable. We are not any good on fighting, so of course we die when meeting high level monsters. It doesn't matter how high the other team members are, I die anyway. The mobs always go for the doc.

When it comes to missions, I really REALLY hope that you have fixed the slider for difficutly, making it worth while for us docs, which untill now have been forced to spend hours scraping 20k (remembering healing nanos etc. are VERY expensive!). I am lvl 44 now, and I have to set the difficulty slider to 33% - even though I have my ma skills maxed out!!!
    It takes me 3-4 minutes killing a green... Go figure. Another thing with missions is that I only attack the mobs that are a little above green (deep green and above) with minimum damage all the time. Only thing that varies is the brawl and attack of the snake.
    Usually I give 33 points of melee damage to the mobs that are a little higher than light green. THIS IS VERY IRRITATING!! Especially since I pay 12.95$ for this!

My conclusion is that that it seems that Funcom is trying their best to suck money out of their customers by making everything take as long time as possible. It is about F****** time that they placed a whompa in the longest road.

To you guys think that we players want to spend our precious time running around trying to get to the next mission or hunting field???

In the last patch you guys said that the missions should be closer to where one gets them. Well - I have not noticed any difference! Actually, I use to get my missions in Avalon, trying to set the missions to old athen. In this way it didn't take too long scraping in some money at least. But for the last 8 lvls, it has been impossible to get missions not a continent away.
    This is in my eyes a way to cheat players! And you are getting away with it too!

And finally I was trying to take the grid today, but all the signs were in japanese or sanscript or somthing... I would really like to know which grid exit goes where!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Pillows w/ important strips

When are you going to unnerf the pillows? Just because you goofed up and overpowered MPs does not mean you should screw every mage class over. What about the people that invested the IP into multi-melee & 1hb specifically for pillows like doctors? All melee skills are dark blue and and you are looking at an easy several hundred thousand IP which just like you ripped off adventurers by making a dark blue skill green, you have succeeded in ripping off every mage class. All mage professions should be demanding IP reimbursement but of course like adventurers got screwed over and FC did nothing about it, they have yet to and will not do anything about it for mage types either. Funcom fix the problem without screwing over everyone else. Hell, Fucom is so worried about MPs being over-powered and being able to summon pets they should not be able to, hell those pets are still more broke than this game is. That comes directly from MPs that can summon those pets and ones that were able to. How about taking those +90 to nano skill and giving them to other professions? MPs get things like Matter Creation Expertise +20 , Matter Creation teachings +27 or so, infuse with Matter Creation knowledge or something like that which is +90 and the Mocham's Gift which is +140. Right there MPs are already overpowered where everyone else get nano skill expertise nanos. Why the hell not make pillows not allowed on MPs but allowed for other professions? That is more of a balance than you guys screwing over everyone. The bottom line, Funcom makes it a habbit to screw everyone over instead of fixing the problem directly and as a result hundred of people have quit AO for bigger and better things. Several adventurers friends of mine quit when they changed dark blues to green and even more quit qhen 12.6 came out. Apparently Funcom has not learned a whole lot from that. Who's next to quit the game Funcom?

Re: Pillows w/ important strips

Originally posted by Thundercat
    When are you going to unnerf the pillows? Just because you goofed up and overpowered MPs does not mean you should screw every mage class over. What about the people that invested the IP into multi-melee & 1hb specifically for pillows like doctors? All melee skills are dark blue and and you are looking at an easy several hundred thousand IP which just like you ripped off adventurers by making a dark blue skill green, you have succeeded in ripping off every mage class. All mage professions should be demanding IP reimbursement but of course like adventurers got screwed over and FC did nothing about it, they have yet to and will not do anything about it for mage types either. Funcom fix the problem without screwing over everyone else. Hell, Fucom is so worried about MPs being over-powered and being able to summon pets they should not be able to, hell those pets are still more broke than this game is. That comes directly from MPs that can summon those pets and ones that were able to. How about taking those +90 to nano skill and giving them to other professions? MPs get things like Matter Creation Expertise +20 , Matter Creation teachings +27 or so, infuse with Matter Creation knowledge or something like that which is +90 and the Mocham's Gift which is +140. Right there MPs are already overpowered where everyone else get nano skill expertise nanos. Why the hell not make pillows not allowed on MPs but allowed for other professions? That is more of a balance than you guys screwing over everyone. The bottom line, Funcom makes it a habbit to screw everyone over instead of fixing the problem directly and as a result hundred of people have quit AO for bigger and better things. Several adventurers friends of mine quit when they changed dark blues to green and even more quit qhen 12.6 came out. Apparently Funcom has not learned a whole lot from that. Who's next to quit the game Funcom?
    whoah, whoah whoah!!!

Don't go blaming this pillow thing all on MP's here. In case you didn't know it, most MP's refused to use pillows. Also, in case you didn't know it, there are 2 other pet classes since you seem to think that it's due to pets that the pillows were restricted to one hand only.

Ya ever think that's probably what they intended anyway? Ooops, this is a bit too overpowering, we better tone it down. Especially since all the new things that have been put in lately don't do as much of a difference as those dumb pillows did.
    I mean really, it doesn't just affect pets. It effectively gave the NT's one nuke higher than they should have cast, Doc's one heal higher than they should have cast, and I'm sure atleast one person from every profession found some sort of creative way to do something that they probably shouldn't have been able to do.
    Besides, if you didn't realize after the Freedom Arms Nerf that it's not a good idea to hinge your whole character concept on one piece of equipment, then maybe you needed this to pound the concept a little harder through your skull.

Angry 13.2 changes

Hello, I am 42 nano engie here.
    This business with summoning nano for us is complete stupidity. I remember original post for engie top 10 and not one has mentioned this summon nano idea. IT SEEMS THAT FUNCOM GOT A SEVERE HEARING PROBLEM. They are listening but are not hearing us. For the love of all good give this nano to fixers and not to us, engies. Besides, I hear that future new patches will concentrate on new vending machines, please put those into those useless specialty shop, there is plenty of space in them.

Dont mean to sound selfish, but...

Agents have been waiting for quite some time to get some sort of fix to their prof since 12.6. It would be great to at least have the conceal option back and maybe the AS attack altered to reflect a better hit (this is the only special attack agents have and we cant use it at any time).

Having played mostly an Agent I am not aware of other prof's problems, so I might be sounding self centered in asking about the Agent issues, but PLEASE funcom shed a little light on the subject, and when I say shed some light I don't mean some generic response that says "here is your answer: We are looking at the problem and will fix it, but we don’t want a quick fix so you will have to wait" at least some sort of time frame and explanation as to what your looking at would be nice. And if you don’t meet the timeframe then at least let ppl know that you didn’t meet it because of this and that. This should apply to all prof's in the game, but since the Agent has been nerfed twice in less than two months I feel as tho my char is being held hostage not to mention the fact that I don’t know what to spend my IP points on because I have know idea if spending them on a certain area will be rendered obsolete because of the constant character changes funcom keeps implementing.

Please send lifeboat.

FIX CONCEALMENT PLEASE!

Angry

I'm still not convinced Funcom is listening, despite their claims of improved customer relations...

That new nano line for Engineers is so obviously a Fixer line, it's not funny. Why won't they listen?!! This is so pathetically simple.

Once again, I'm coming away from a patch frustrated and disappointed.

ok about the 15 second thing

Does that mean now when an nt casts a nuke it will count as combat starting,

Because I spent the Other day watching NT's camp people coming thru the wampa in to 2ho and a guard did not aggro
    once. as in clan nt's.

What this means, is to the guards a spell cast does not count
    as an attack starting,

And it would not suprise me that this slipped thru, and will aply with the 15 second rule...

so is it possible for an nt to grid into a place and cast a few quick spells in the 15 seconds, and not be attacked back?

because as i said above casting hostle nano's does not initiate combat... and does not count as an attack....

Oh ya, couple nano cast time back with aggro/def slider...
    Or remove the delay with weopon users....

Re: unreal!

Originally posted by Borrace
    there are about 40 posts on this board just today concerning the ultra-armor on mobs that needs to be fixed and the one question that cosmic chooses to answer is about sitting on furnature?!?!

how about fixing the mobs so we can run missions?

history of missions:

1) missions are fine

2) missions are "fixed" by funcom, but actually break them causing missions to spawn 10000 miles away

3) broken missions are "fixed" again, but now instead of them spawning 10000 miles way. they spawn 10000 miles away and don't give rewards!

4) broken missions are "fixed" again, this time they are closer but you still don't get the reward.

5) broken missions are "fixed" again, so they are close and you get the reward...but the mobs are so G-D hard that it takes 3-4 hours to complete the mission if doable at all!

and you answer questions about sitting on furnature! bad cosmic!
    WELL SAID! It blew my mind out of all the valid questions and concerns (by Docs especially) that you chose THIS question to respond to !

Question Invulnerability

How about people who just zone in are invulnerable until they do anything at all. That way, they get to zone in (and any laggy machines finish the load times) with out being killed, but if they try to use invulnerability as an advantage, it disappears. This would keep people from being killed before they even zone in and would keep grid camping down. Campers would have to face off with people fairly, and that is fine by everyone, no?
    And make more places for OT, Clans, and Neutrals (we'll have our day. Long live The Borealis Militia!) to fight (perhaps include a function on the world map which shows the territory controlled by each side and its fluctuation as outposts are captured?).

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast