Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: In Progress - Early 13.2 Build Notes

No, the problem is that almost nobody PVPs any more because it totally sucks. I don't, I gave up on it because it was too boring.

I like the 15 second thing.
    But I don't like the fact that the person that is invuln could attack within those 15 seconds. That just gives the person who zones an advantage.

Unhappy

I have a few minor suggestions for 13.2 patch. First of all in missions when you reload there is a bug or animation bug something like that but anyways when I reload I keep shooting
    and then it says reloaded.This is really annoying I hope you guys will fix this please. It was fine until patch 13.0 messed it up. Also it seems like reloading takes longer this way. I'm getting hit 2-3 times before i actually reload.Now for the second suggestion I have had a couple of missions where I would get disconnected every 2-3 mins only when im in the mission playfield everything is fine in the outside world tho.
    Soldiers Rule!!!

The Inventory Fix

Hi. You know you're fixing the inventory thing, so items don't move about all over? Well, how about an "auto arrange" like on the Windows (tm) desktop? I get fed up of my stuff being all over after I sell my loot off. Can't be hard for you mega-programmers to do. :-D

Arrow 15 secs..

Hm.. worried about the 15 seconds of invulnerability.

How about if you make it 15.. or maybe even 20 seconds, but the invulnerability breaks if you move, or attack someone?

I'd hate to be killed by some invulnerable player with a fast connection. 12 seconds of invulnerability would be plenty of time to finish me off.

Exclamation YO!

Did you people even bother to read the offical page???

"Unless you attack someone first, you will be invulnerable to attack for the 15 second period."

The key here is "unless you attack someone first"!
    ... they gather, like big cats around the water hole, waiting for the weak and the wounded to stagger into their territory so they can exercise some violence, and feed their starving reputation ...

Roleplay? Sure! RUR.has.it!

ehm..

"..unless you attack someone first, you will be invulnerable"

phew. Didn't see that part.
    Did you funcom guys just sneak that last part in there?

ok 15 seconds ...

the 15 seconds is a step into the right direction , next step would be an agressor flag that makes it impossible to zone out again ( escape) after you attacked a player ( not monster/npc/mob ...) for a short period of time 1-2 mins. or something ( and should include agro from nfs that someone shoots at you this is an attack also, i dont want to be agressor if i fight back). This prevents fast first strikes and escaping back to grid/wompa/shop ( and again zone out , attack , zone back ...)

and of course while having agro flag you cant equip vehicles or being (team) grid phreaked or something !!!

This 15 second delay is a very good idea, but it needs to be both ways invulnerable+not being able to attack 15sec, otherwise the grid camping will just be reversed, and the ones gridding/whompa/shop zone in will camp the players who are already there.

If you can't do both now, then please go ahead with the 15 sec thing until you can complete it correctly, that is in any case better for the majority who do not like to PvP and just want to get to their mission/hunting grounds unmolested.

Talking I don't get it! Why are all these grid campers whining?

Really!
    Grid camping, is an exploit, aka lame, aka shooting the guy before he has a chance to react with his character, aka lame, aka an exploit, aka you get banned for doing it.
    So...why do we have lamers complaining about it?
    This 15 second thing is wonderful,
    they all talk about people zoning out from the grid having the "intiative"
    hey yo jimbo!
    The only reason your hanging around the grid in the first place is to grid camp somebody.
    Personally, I'm soooooo sick of clanners grid camping me in 2h0 I love this new patch.
    You would see the same in dungeons if they were 25% zones, people zone camping. This would fix it.
    This is one of the best changes to pvp since the half damage was implemented and line of sight for pvp range, no more ganking nanomages. I level in Deep Artey Valley, there used to be this ganking little turd named Klim who had a range of 200 meters. Visual range is 40 meters. He was a 160 clan nanotech, he would get someone on range then run out to 200 meters and fire 2000 point AEs on the whole team wiping them out in seconds with NO chance of being hurt or pvped in the process. I lost 5 million exp to this ganker. Anytime he would log on all omni teams..ALL omni teams would have to stop leveling there or be ganked by this loser. Now...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    aaaahhhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eheheheheheHAHAHAHAHAHA
    This loser hasn't ganked anyone since the patch.
    In fact, NOW...pvp is SO much better...instead of the lone ganking nanotech we noave have teams of clanners instead of gankers. It is SO MUCH FUN now.
    Pvp vs teams is like REAL military action and I just LOVE IT.
    Ganking =s BAD.
    Routinely teams of omni fight teams of clanners, usually omni wins because of the superior numbers.
    Klim hasn't killed a single person since the chance.
    Last I heard he was gunned down repeatedly.
    This is good.
    The pvp range fix got rid of the ganking nanotechs.
    Made pvp so much better, as did he half damage implementation.
    Pvp is now realistic, and I enjoy it.
    MIssions though, eck, need to fix those.
    Overall, great work Funcom on the pvp fixes.
    Keep it up!
    And don't listen to the gankers, gankers ruin the game for 95% of the people, and only consists of 5% of your gaming population.

Angry

How about fixing nerfed pistol sometimes this year? Or at least give all Pistol using classes Armor Piercing Pistol Nano.

yes yes
    good good
    hurry hurry
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

Thumbs up

These changes seem all good to me, but knowing human (grief players) nature, they would surely exploit the reversed situation to zone in and attack those already in the PvP zone, while still invulnereable. I strongly suggest no attacking is allowed while in this state, and also a way for other players to detect their invulnerability... maybe by changing the colour of the health bar.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Smile Some nice perspectives

He, that sounds like a patch I could start looking forward to.

/me flatters before Savant
    'A tiny fix to the team missions, please, please. Make the money split evenely or give the total to mission owner, please, please!!!
    /me stands up, removes that slime, takes a shower and tries to behave normally

According to your notes, there is no change planned for the Reet form (Sparrow Flight 'self') concerning the inability to execute nano formulas? Somehow I have the feeling, I know the answer .

Ehh, another (tiny) thing. What was so bad about the green color for the team chat? It is somewhat difficult to differentiate it from tells right now. Wouldn't you mind getting a statement, or better, a change from the coding guys?

My part to the Gridcamping discussion.
    15 seconds, soso. Well, let's say it in this words:
    This time should be really long enough for the brave warriors of either faction performing their great battle somewhere close to the 2HO grid exit to recognize, that this incoming guy is not another brave (stupid) warrior of the opposing faction, but nothing else than a innocent neutral adventurer on one of his business trips. You don't have to shoot me, I am out within 10 seconds .
    Stret West Bank, I am coming again .

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

15 sec sounds great to me

I can't even count how many times I've walked through the 2ho wompa to wake up to an inch of my life. It was especially true when I was level 75 -- I'd have level 120+ people going, "gee, look a free kill!"

Personally, I am not at all interested in the PvP aspect of this game, and it has always annoyed me that I must go through PvP areas where, under various situations, I cannot even defend myself or flee.

Incidentally, 15 seconds is not too long. I have a fast connection (DSL) and a fast computer (P4/512MB). When I hop through the 2ho whompa, if the other side is camped by many people, it can easilly take 10+ seconds to that to load.

Originally posted by Vazz
    I like the 15 second thing.
    But I don't like the fact that the person that is invuln could attack within those 15 seconds. That just gives the person who zones an advantage.
    As opposed to the person camping the zone. No more surprise deaths from zone campers. Not hard to figure out don't stand at a zone entrance and wait for them to attack.

If you don't like the advantage it gives the person zoning you have the option of not givving it to them. The opposite was not true, there were more then a few grid, whompa and zone areas where the advantage was always given to the person already in the zone. Now there is a choice. Give the person zoning the ability to take the first shot or don't stand there trying to gank them.

Good change? Maybe, but at least there is a choice in this situation where there wasn't before. It doesn't solve all the problems, but makes it harder for the griefers.

Mustafo

So the grid campers are complaining that with the 15 second invulnerability THEY are going to be the victims.

How amusing.

Don't hang around the grids or whompahs in pvp areas and you won't be a victim. If you have to grid, run there and click it fast.

Sure there might be a small risk involved but if you're not willing to take risks then what are you doing in pvp?
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

What is the state of Item pickup missions? Still broken? Quite frankly, I haven't played since they broke those missions...

Just read about the chat color being the same for team and tell.
    *** Please fix this! ***

Again, I would LOVE to see user-definable chat colors. Read a prefs file somewhere like EQ does, so you can specify everything and anything.

Logging -- while I'm at it...is there a way to log battlespam and shouts?

But...back to 13.2:

Fixed a bug that caused secondary weapons to de-equip when switching playfields. Basically, when re-building the character after zoning, weapons were checked before implants were, thus when trying to place the weapon, the implants would not be taken into consideration and you would not meet the requirements.
    What if you used a Proficiency or Expertise nano in order to equip your secondary weapon? Will they still de-equip?

Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the "You countered the nanoprogram... to flood your chat.
    How about the "your comp lit is required to be blah blah" flooding your chat when you grid/de-grid?

As of last night (19.11.2001) I know blitzing pickup-missions to work, even while being attacked :-)

Thanks for the fix, Funcom
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

i'm so tired of even mentioning this anymore

i dont care what they add, what they fix, or what they break

but fix the friggin hate list

it has only been mentioned once, and i agree w/ that poster

i play a doc, and i'm ready to quit this game over the foul up

and i know many, many more docs who feel the same way

fc, you really screwed the pooch on this one, and you need to get off your butts and let the docs know what the hell is going on w/ this

we're all fed up to the point that it wouldnt even mater anymore

if you want to keep the docs of rubi-ka around, you better get to fixing this

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast