Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Envisioned - Bureaucrat Changes

*yawn*
    Persoue agent 205

Thumbs up Come on guys - Pawn Shops -

Greetings all. This to me sounds like a simple question to answer. Funcom needs to add pawn shops (hey, they could even be clan/omni guild owned, where the guild has to put up a ton of money to open it, then gets a bit of profit off of every sale in hope of recouping money, just like a real pawn shop). When someone wants to sell something, they go in and "list" it at the pawn shop, listing the price they want for it. The normal price for the item if bought in a store would also be listed beside the item. The pawnshop screen would shows how much markup they will ask for (by item), with a total for the item so you can adjust the price you want to ask by setting the price of your item lower than in a normal store. This will also be a great way for people to put up things for sale that are found in missions only, without having to camp on the shopping channel in hopes that someone is looking for it - of course this could be said for every item we want to sell, too. These pawn shops would be put in the seedier area, like in wastes, or area like East Athen City that are trashed - lower income areas where deals can be found. All of us that now have to waste time camping the dang shopping channel would be able to just dump off our treasures and hit the mission terminal again and again. To recover your cash, they could either make it automatic via a tell ("you just sold your QLxx Chilled Plasteel Armor Helmet for 8,300 credits") with the money being automatically added to your account, or the requirement to go to ANY pawn shop and check at the guy at the counter to get any money you have coming (just like if you cosigned something someplace for real). Just think, no more hauling around 6 small backpacks and filling your bank with even more - we could just do like we would in real life if we found a bunch of really expensive stuff to sell EVERY day - we would get someone to sell it for us and go on with our normal lives. For me, the fun of this game is the missions and grouping, not shopping. I would go to the pawn shops all the time for stuff - just think, you could find some amazing deals where 1 guy is selling that QL 90 32 NCU chip fr 10,000 credits less than someone else, in the SAME pawn shop! And then I could get on with killing things, getting more IP to spend, and buying those killer implants I have been waiting for. Can't do any of that without phat cash, and can't play the game if you are always trying to sell things, just so you can play the game. Peace.

YAY!

Wow these envisioned changes look really GREAT!

Burecrats- I'm Happy for you

We finally have an answer on dimension switching....We will be able to, this is so good to hear.

Keep up the good work Funcom.
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

Question

umm, has any of this came to be. I know about the speech thing and the charm, but what about all that other stuff. I'm a newbie so bare with me. I just read the whole post and it seems we've been had. Is this true?

Several changes to Charm were implemented in the last patch (stealth changes not included in patch notes *sigh*). The 195% resistance charms now allow you to charm a SECOND monster. 15% of your Psychology score is also added to the equation of your attack versus the target's resistance now also.

Scorus

Angry I think I must put my lvl.114 Soldier on hold!

I have a soldier lvl.114. If I am lucky I can solo missions up to 50%. In an easy mission - 3 mobs only - I could manage 55-60%. So I write some e-mails to AO. Make the soldier to a soldier, and not to a doll. The answer back was that all the other prof. would like to have the same power as the soldier!! So they make them so. A strange answer it was.

So I did make me a NT. Wow, I could solo full hard missions. And if I was lucky, I manage to loose more then 60% HP on one mob. That was something. I can du a pistol-burst up to 1/4 health dmg on a much higher lvl mob. The nano-crystals was a litle slow now and then, but the mob hardly attack. And u can take 1/2 healt dmg on the same mob. Isn't that nice...???

When I am a asoldier and I use a high ql Nova Flow with a lot of potensial dmg, I can get hit on the mob down to 12 dmg in a fight. The burst is can reach the peak on the same amount as the fling and a usual hit. So the only idea about a special on a Nova is to give the soldier a fast shot after the usual shot. When I use the nano's on the NT. They hit always on the same amoundt on the mob. Soldier it can go from 12-16xx dmg. Seldom in a row. It just apearce randomly.

So my meaning on the whole issue. Quit soldier's on AO. U have a MA or an Enf that is much better on tanking/pulling. Get a nice doc in the team or an Adventurer, Agent or an MA. But do not team with an soldier. Unless there is no other to chose in the area.

So AO.... U have don a good job. it is just sad that the soldier don't beneifit on it.

Aimabel - could be an future ex soldier and AO gamer.

PS! I have went 3 missions for the same soldier-crystal. They have been bugged. I bought it, and I can still not use it. It claims to need about 80% of the skill I have on that particulary crystal. Strange...!! But asking a GM.......use a petition. NO more...!! Because it is boring...and give no results.

In spite of the buffs on the pet, create a random pet that has random profession. And also remake the pet. Not it looks so ugly and doesn't have face. You can make it black like a shadow or something cool. Other profession that uses pet, has pet's buff. Don't do it with Beareucrat profession. Otherwise, it will be a slight variation of MP or Engineer. Having a pet that could be an MP or an Enforcer would be really cool. Or the game designer can make the pet nano specific. i.e. level 10 Beareucrat can summon level 11 MP pet. level 20 can summon level 22 Enforcer pet.
    Juggernawt - Omni Meta Physicist.
    Nigel - Omni Nano Technician.
    Laigus - Omni MartiaL Artizt.

Woah.. so many fixers in here and some soldiers too
    Well Crats still need a lot of work until they work as intended. For now the charms are useless for me with the Psychic checks, but the mezz nanos are wonderful for missions. Too bad tat every other profession except the MPs need tweaking and thus this thread isnt a Crat envisioned changes anymore...
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

NTs With Pets

This is what I've always thought crats were suppossed to be. I started a crat bc i liked the sound of it after having my NT get to mid 80s in lvl. I started my crat and so far greatly enjoy the playing experience up till lvl 20 and have plans for the future to keep it a good experience.

My big question is why do ppl respond to fixer posts if you don't want to hear them you know they are gonna post some kind of rebutle.

And why are crats bothering with guns? nano init is a green skill and our charm skills are green. I never touched a gun, I'm using my solar powered crap... Nukes are all green skills aside from mattercreation which every crat boosts for pets anyway and adding one charmed pet which i always do pretty much ensures not getting aggroed while nuking although with new nukes equipped and not a new bot you will get aggroed. I'm kinda losing my point here bc someone interupted me while i was typing but hope my ideas came across anyway... Don't bother to flame me bc I don't read replies unless it's a gm

Changes look nice... everyone will get theirs in the long run. Just think of the game as I do UNFINISHED... belongs in beta as far as I'm concerned and hit myself daily for paying for it.

Have fun and try to get along.

Crat Ideas

I think the crats should have a kind of assembly, for crats only. Kinda like they would be senators. They could basically go into omni-hq or the umm... Clan leader place... and make major desicions, like were the side they are on should attack. So i think that would be cool. Ok bye.

Xerxis
    19 MA, omni

Then everyone and their granny would make a Crat just to be able to sit in that senate and make decisions ingame for the respective faction. As much as this sounds good, it is also a bad idea. If there were thousands of Crats sitting in the senate it would be horribly difficult to find a general decision for issues.
    It is done in another way, namely that each faction has a "council" of guild leaders who represent the majority of their faction's guilds. The OT Council was just founded and action should be seen there soon
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

PLEASE give me a sell terminal where I can put items in and set the minimum prize I want to sell it for, and someone can open that terminal and buy it. Its often HOPELESS to sell stuff (sometimes even rare stuff) on the trade channel.

I know I waste a lot of credits, by dumping items in the shop, but I just dont have the patience to spam the trade channel all day to sell a few items for a better prize.

As usual CZ can you finally give us more information about our envisionned changes as we didn t get ANY info since many weeks ?

- paperwork tradeskill
    - suitcase
    - Xp loss reducing nano
    etc............

On the Bureaucrat forum some of us have very nice ideas specially on the last pages of this thread : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...5&pagenumber=2
    Last edited by persoue; Feb 22nd, 2002 at 12:13:20.
    Persoue agent 205

I am not a crat, but I have three things to add:

1. I think these changes are great and I will want a 'crat in my group just as much as a doc now!

2. I think the crat droid looks perfect as it is... I imagined their "helpers" to more of the bodygaurd type and I think the humanoid-ninja look pulls it off. I do, however, think a bodyguard droid would make much more sense to use a sub machine gun or pistol of some sort.

3. Crats should be able to charm other players pets in PvP... Hey, it only makes sense... I don't imagine it being too easy though, considering MP's summon pets 50 levels above them.

Angry IT'S ENOUGH !

/me ask Funcom to put off the /ignore Bureaucrats

/whine on
    /complain on

OK Funcom Crat community is bored now. Many of us have really good ideas to improve/fix bureaucrat ( or make the class more enjoyable/wanted ) but we didn't get ANY word since months !

So WE would like to FINALLY get an answer about those points :

- What's up about Envisioned paperwork tradeskill ?

- What's up about Envisioned suitcase ?

- What's up about Envisioned XP reducing nano ?

- What the point to use this stupid new gun : Igelkott 882 Automatic ? Ranged energy is one of the darkest blue skill and we can just stay with a pair of low QL old english trading co's to get almost as much INT bonus than the QL200 version of this trash ...

- What the point to make the respawn time of the lab director in LRD on 4h ?! It's only damn boring ( and EQ style ) and as the form isn't no drop, we re seeing lowbie Crats wear the coat when some of us 80+ are still camping and waiting for our lucky star... 4 hours of respawn + 1/4 to get the correct drop + Take in count the fact that a high lvl farmer group can easilly outdamage your = TOO MUCH !

- What's up about our motivational / demotivational speeches that make us the preferred mob's targets ?

- Why will we pay and waiste IP to use this completly screwed nano-regen "spell" ?

Pease crats add the points that i've forgot and let bump this post until we get a decent official answer. We deserve nothing except RESPECT.
    Last edited by persoue; Feb 28th, 2002 at 00:19:36.
    Persoue agent 205

Re: IT'S ENOUGH !

Originally posted by Nemocrat
    - What the point to make the respawn time of the lab director in LRD on 4h ?! It's only damn boring ( and EQ style ) and as the form isn't no drop, we re seeing lowbie Crats wear the coat when some of us 80+ are still camping and waiting for our lucky star... 4 hours of respawn + 1/4 to get the correct drop + Take in count the fact that a high lvl farmer group can easilly outdamage your = TOO MUCH !
    Heheh, I am rather supportive to FC, but THAT is so stupid.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

An answer to those would be nice
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

Bump N#1
    Persoue agent 205

Even just a little info on what they have in mind for these paperwork tradeskills and stuff. I'm definitely intrigued and still pretty young, so I'd like to know where to be putting my IP at these early crucial levels.

I haven't had to camp for the suit yet, but I have to say I've heard some real horror stories. It'll most likely be awful when me and a few friends who are smack dab in the middle of the 30-70 range of the dungeon will get swamped by 120+ plyrs.
    Please fill out form XJ379 and get back to me.
    *angry mob sits and fills out form*
    3 hours later, the battle begins.

Timothy "Rentwick" Cummington- Bureaucrat

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast