Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Envisioned - Bureaucrat Changes

ahh.. ok.. apology accepted, ImaGideon hehe

lets just drop this, ppl

OKOKOK...I'll play nice.

*Offers handshake to Ima*
    You ask me if I have a gimp complex? I AM gimp!

Greetings,

I'd like to know if the Crats will have any change in their skills. I mean, as we are one of the class that have the less green skill and the most dark blue, a little improvment should be nice ...

BTW do you have some info about the "paper" tradeskill ?
    Will this be for Crats only or a a competence for in we will have more affinity than the others class ?
    Persoue agent 205

I am lvl 96 and I use shotgun, Searing Bolt and Faithful Secretary droid.
    I can assure you that I suck way more than you do.
    I know another high Crat named "Dartevil" who is (was) lvl 115. He showed me his new Bodyguard droid a few days ago. I was amazed because it looks like a Ninjadroid
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Post Bank Uppgrades...!?!

Here my ideas on how to make item trading more enjoyable:

We could have bank uppgrades(like map upgrades).

The first one would let people browse throug the inventory of a bank, but the trading will be done the regular way.
    The second could be a system where i set up prices for eatch item i want to sell, the buyer could browse through it like any shoop booth, money and item transfered automaticly.
    The third could be a priced bank that is categorized.
    Fourth could be a auction system on a bank, many people could bidd on a item.

So my idea is basicaly : Bank Uppgrades(like map upgrades)

Uppgrades could also be used in private banks:
    One for more space..
    One for categories..
    One for bigger window..
    And one for remote acces of bank(expensive as one of those shiny flying machines)
    Acces codes for banks...
    and so on, and so on...

And make people pay for this(some classes might have cheaper bank uppgrades, cause some are better in trading)

And the same goes for guild banks, exept there should be one price for guild members of your own clan, and another for other players. Maybe even a third price for other guilds, so we can make trade aggrements beteween clans(now how´s that for content).

Edited: ooops, wrong thread, Please put it where it belongs.
    Last edited by Shegryth; Nov 22nd, 2001 at 15:27:20.

That diplomatic immunity sounds awesome. I know I would love to have a Crat in my team if we could hunt in 2ho for a while without being jumped by PvP.

Give it a rather large casting time to prevent them from casting it when they're about to engage uneven odds or a team that might kill them.

Yes the diplomaticimmunity is a very good idea but i think that if it allow you to not be annoyed, in return you shouldn't attack while u have it .. as a diplomat ..
    Persoue agent 205

Cosmik:
    None use Matter Metamorphosis.
    I can hear the collective sigh of relief from the Bureaucrats.
    Not really. Can you refund my wasted IP? My matter metamorphosis is currently 134 . hehe...It took me quite a while to realize we never use it.. doh! *slaps himself on the forehead".
    Hehe..... j/k - I don't really expect to have it refunded, of course.

I just wanted to say that I agree with many in this thread. The bank-in-the-briefcase does belong to fixers. But I also like the idea of a briefcase, and I like the idea of using it as a filing device. Let us use it in conjunction with the paperwork tradeskills. And speaking of those; the insurance, marriage, drivers linceses etc. could be really cool. .

About the motivational speeches: I really like the idea, but I wouldn't like it to be just another low-budget version of the MA's critical hit buff. I would however love a speech that buff's something at least a little unique, like damage output type (it could e.g. change damage output to chemical, while lowering the overall damage dealt). But I think a lot of people have better suggestions than me. Also, I don't see how a nanoprogram can change the damage output of a gun/other nano

Oh, Diplomatic Immunity: Did you see the latest episode? I don't remember his name, but that dark-hooded character Eleena is dealing with, mentions something about dynamic suppresion gas levels...and I think he is insinuating that he can change them....let's hope he is a bureaucrat .. and that we get to do it eventually. At least the concept is in the game/story design........*trails off*

What is the status on playercreated missions?
    Last edited by bobthespoon; Nov 23rd, 2001 at 02:02:41.
    Bobthespoon
    Lvl 52 Bureaucrat, since june 30, 2001
    Clanner, Rubi-Ka1

we will never be able to change suppression levels...

minimum area for a 100% gas part is 100m^2. (this comes from Enno himself)

I'm assuming it's the same for a 75%. (an unverified but likely possibility)

This would be far too .. wacky. If not unballancing

Now, perhaps a nano that would allow us to prevent people from attacking us or team mates in pvp would be possible, though probably not plausible. I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned to the dev team at least once, and seeing as we never got any more feedback other then 'you can be sure i'tll be mentioned to the dev team', I'm assuming it will never happen.

I would like to hear more about the paperwork tradeskill as well. Any news Cosmik?

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    Got a bit confused by your answer...

Could you please explain how hate is amassed?

If my pet (50% agg) and myself (0% agg) encounters a mob, how is hate allocated before anyone hit anyone?

What causes hate to build up on a mob?
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. To answer your question, the aggression level has no direct impact on the amount of hate a MOB 'feels' towards you. There are several ways to build up a MOBs hate, with dealing damage and healing as the most usual ones. A pet building up hate from a MOB will share this hate with its master, thus a master helping his pet will be very likely to draw the MOB's attention to himself.

Hope that explains it.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Will the new speech line

Nano's be available in shops or will they be mission only?

Thanks for the info....

Also any update on this paperwork tradeskill or the new look for our Pets.

Thank you

Just got back from vacation to find all these proposed crat changes. Very impressive! I'm more than a little concerned that the Psyche checks seem to be staying and that the concerns about how they affect our ability to group and to withstand debuffs have not been addressed (if they have and I missed it, my apologies, please point me to the answer).

Keep crats on the front burner as far as coming patches and the profession might just be implemented! Most especially work on the paperwork skills, those would seem to be the only way to make them into the kinds of characters that they were and are hyped as by your literature.

Scorus

Well if they do implement it the point about adding psychology to the psyche check would seem to me at least let us charm higher level mobs then we can now. Of course it remains to be seen if/when they do this and also how much higher level mobs then now will we be able to charm.
    Morgan "Carpak" Flowers
    Omni nano crat
    "We are here to serve?"

Cool proposed changes to shops

In regards to the idea of shops. I was told how another rpg did their shops, and i loved it. You would have a shop term you put your items in, you tell it a price and go about your buisness. you come back later, you can pick up your money, or items that are left, or change priceing. this would greatly assist in the economy.

On a side note. WHY are cars , planes , and martial arts special attacks no drop. I want to sell my old cars. i dont need them anymore, and I have friends that could use them. Thanks for listening, and responding

Re: proposed changes to shops

Originally posted by bigd
    On a side note. WHY are cars , planes , and martial arts special attacks no drop. I want to sell my old cars. i dont need them anymore, and I have friends that could use them. Thanks for listening, and responding
    These are some of the few things that drive the economy right now - i.e., the only reason I still hav emoney is for kits and cars. The only reason anyone tries to ever save 5 million credits is to buy a yalmaha. MA attacks are no drop because you can't equip an MA attack, I guess (how would a soldier feel if their AR ended up in the reclaim bin after dying? Or an NT if their nano ended up in a reclaim bin, etc.)

Woohoo!!

Go crats!
    By the way, i have an idea: Delete the professiion called "fixer". Its a worthless profession. Why? Look at the "fixer" forum.
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

some considerations

1. why is crat the prof that gets a suitcase... wouldnt it be far more natural to let traders or fixers get access to their bank. i dont see why crats should need access to bank, but im here to get enlightened.

2. the android helper is IMO a helper, not a mechwarrior like the engies robos. thought manipulation would be the primary weapon of a crat. isnt that what RL crats is all about? you dont see the president of any country getting their secretary to fight for them.

3. the main problem with all pets are not their damage output, its the constant bugs when trying to accomplish even the simplest tasks, like following master in missions. for mps it is close to impossible to change target for the healer pet when in combat, and a lot of people (mp and teammates) die cause of this. (i do not want to argue for mps, but mps, crats and engies all suffer from the same bugs with pets i guess. REMOVE BUGS OR REMOVE CAVES THAT BUG)

4. no crat thingie, but reply to complaints of "i play engie, and want our pets to rule the world". engie pets have a LOT of hp and armour... and since they take a long time to kill compared to mp and crat pets, they do deal more damage during a fight. engs also got ability to trim robos. i've played eng and mp, and i would not say that eng pets are even close to weak.

nr 4 went a bit aggressive, but some facts occur

WTF is this a fixer thread or something?

I can't believe it but... fixers just made the #1 crying, complaining prof of all time now. Well done! And your prof is not even that bad too. Good job!

How anyone can't be happy for the WORST PROF (crats) in the whole game is beyond me.

I don't play a crat, but im happy for them.

Originally posted by Mor
    WTF is this a fixer thread or something?

I can't believe it but... fixers just made the #1 crying, complaining prof of all time now. Well done! And your prof is not even that bad too. Good job!

How anyone can't be happy for the WORST PROF (crats) in the whole game is beyond me.

I don't play a crat, but im happy for them.
    Have you played a fixer? Have you SEEN our nanos?
    I'll sum a bit for you:
    - MINOR buffs for SMG (+8), and the mausser we got, is a pain in the backside cheeks at higher level. It hardly does any damage!
    - healing sux, with a "10-20 every now and then second", and a "20-40 every now and then" which can be used at HIGHER levels. I managed to use that nano at level 55. 55!
    - Specialties: None anymore. Yah, a run buff. woohoo, and some grid stuff which i can use at even higher levels. Im lvl 60 now, and can still not use it DUE TO ALL BLUE NANOSKILLS. DEEP BLUE!
    Summon ammo? Its a LAUGH! It summons 25 RANDOM ammo!
    Summon weapon and armour? For what use? Random ammo and random weapong, when both are VERY critical to use toptuned and specific items?
    - No, we cant summon aid. Crats, engineers, MP's can. We cant.
    - What makes us unique in TEAM play, or makes us wanted? The runbuff? Which still other professions got in some sort? (adv.)
    - "Different grid look"? LOL! I can take som strange drugs and see the WHOLE RUBIKA in a different look!

...Oh,well, just look at the FIXER forum to see what we lack, or what is wrong.

Fixers arent supposed to be fighters, so thus are our combat skills expensive. We arent supposed to be nanocasters, so our nano skills are deep blue. But this game is 99% about fightling and killing, and the other skills which tempted players to play a fixer, was hacking, stealing, breaking, sneaking, sniping etc. Fixers are supoosed to be grey shadows working on the edge of the law, but that is NOT IMPLEMENTED IN THE GAME in any fair rate. U cant for sure not gain any xp on hacking grafts!

So only thing to do is:
    A: Make fixers better in combat at high levels
    B: Make fixers useful in teams
    C: Give fixers something which can aid them in combat (nanos, reduce the nano cost)
    D: Give fixers something which makes useful in general use, or gives an fun addon to general play
    E: all of the above.

People stop playing fixers at higher levels, and switch to engineer, MP, NT or even crats... But funcom don't listen to our complaints, so they threw us a bone with no meat on: Summon ammo.. WOOHOO! JUST what we need......
    NOT!
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

The thing I like is the shop terminal!! that would rock.. If I could actually buy gear for my lvl from somewhere it would be very cool!

I say that you have 3 in trade and they accept different lvl items. That way higher lvls don't have to spend time sorting through all the noob items. The person puts a price on his item and when it it purchased the credits are transfered directly to the character or he can get the credits out of the machine.

the other way to go is UO style, we buy vendors and lag trade to the next century.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast