Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 12th, 2010 - I got the year right!!!

1st ^___^

also, yaay Duke Nukem Forev... err... graphics update!

also also, yaaay locking equipment. i don't have anything crazy twinked on yet, but when i do i'm sure i'll be very happy

also x3, yaay new instance, and /signed to bring the difficulty down to tl 4/5 range. ideally make it a lv 100-150 instance.

also x4, yaay new armors

BTW, "steal" some of Tabula Rasa armor visuals. Those were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9003 View Post
    A question:

When will tl7 MPs be fun to play again? Thanks.
    I enjoy mine, maybe you should make a thread in the MP forums discussing why you no longer enjoy yours so that your professionals can communicate to the devs problems that you and the other players are experiencing with the MP profession.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    ... wait, I'm supposed to do what now?

Oh, right, instance!

Here's a few quick shots - Trust me when I say these pictures do nothing to try and explain the action that'll be taking place in this area. Definitely looking forward to watching you guys play around with this one.
    I'm sorry Kintaii, but my first thought was "Where have I seen this before.."
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    Come on, we have enough "step on yellow/red/green" TL7 instances. Why not drop its difficulty and make it TL4-5?
    While I agree there could be more lower level instances, both Means and Kintaii said it's a new encounter in design. So despite the creatures having colors with the pot thingys I dont think that it's a Step on the color system.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Uh, he's working on more than 1 armor, that would be evident by the fact that he's posted a few armors not just 1 that's changed over time.
    Uh yes, I think I know that based on my previous comment, but when discussing the collector instance it was stated it's where we will get a new social armor SET, as in single, one, less than two, etc. They didn't say it's where we would get new social armor SETS.

Example found in this very thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    5. Kintaii and Mstrbstrd have assured me that they will post a couple screenies of their instance and Social armor set when they get a chance
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Oh, right, instance!

Here's a few quick shots - Trust me when I say these pictures do nothing to try and explain the action that'll be taking place in this area. Definitely looking forward to watching you guys play around with this one.
    I'm sure the new encounter will be most fun and exciting. But I have to say I've always referred to shadows as the Backstreet boys of the shadowlands. That stage picture made me laugh to know end. I'll be getting a chuckle for the next few days at least. And odds are go when it goes live I"ll get pwned many times from laughing when I see it.
    Good Job!
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

So maybe you get those in other places when they are done and implemented? Could it be?

Now shut up and be happy they even show you things.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Example found in this very thread...
    Yes, that's what he did in the thread, he posted one of the examples. *shrug* The other armors will come into game, that's pretty much all there is to be said about it.

<@Kintaii> L2P

New instance will be an end-game experience; more details on exactly where it'll be in the game will be coming later. =)

Also, the armour set shown above is one of several that the Bstrd's been working on in his spare time - The others are still around and will most likely see the light of day in the near future.
    Dont mind them, Kintaii. I like your armor ^^

New team instance based on primary colors again? (apparently).

I was hoping it would have a sci-fi anarchy online theme to be honest. Recycled SL mobs isn't my cup of tea.

Having that said, the gameplay and content-design of the instance is more important I guess so if it indeed is "all new" then it sounds interesting.

Engine progress sounds good.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

*looks at social armor set*

OMG, Rob Liefeld has invaded Anarchy Online! RUUUUUUUUUN
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

When will we get item with AOID 284388 fixed on Test, so we can finally make db rip past this item without error?

Oh, right, instance!

Please make this a TL4 or TL6 instance. Those two TLs need more stuff more than TL7 does.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    *looks at social armor set*

OMG, Rob Liefeld has invaded Anarchy Online! RUUUUUUUUUN
    Hey, you can clearly see both feet on that Atrox, thank you very much. ;P

Edit: Plus, both eyes are glowing, not just one.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Feb 12th, 2010 at 18:51:55. Reason: EXCELSIOR!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Guitar hero referenced instances are old news. Please this theme is played out in so many ways in so many games now it really is feels old school and over done.

At Dragoncon poor XP choices in the 90 to 190 range was discussed and new options in the Sheol level range were openly discussed and what do we get since then. A Ado 150-200 instance (yes it is nice) and now "Collector" is endgame instance (probably in pande based on flying chunks of stuff in the air). I would love to have an actual instance in the TL4 range than gave decent XP. S10 is great for AXP and credtis but it does nothing for leveling at all.

First Hint: If beating on rocks continues to be your idea of leveling in the 80 to 150 range and the areas like scheol continue to give crappy XP compared to how hard the mobs and continues to be skipped over (by most) you can just forget the rest of the efforts to revitalize the game.

Second Hint: Those first 60 levels of stale pre-SL content is well STALE. And redoing SoM and not level locking it just made it a farm spot and not actually content so it does not count.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Funcom employee

It's also worth noting that yes, while the Collector instance is currently geared toward end-game players, there's a whole slew of content incoming for all title levels in the form of the Daily Missions system. There's more to the next update than just one instance.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

It's also worth noting that yes, while the Collector instance is currently geared toward end-game players, there's a whole slew of content incoming for all title levels in the form of the Daily Missions system. There's more to the next update than just one instance.
    That is true and it is nice.

But it's still a bit besides the point though. I also think that way to little has been done for the 80-149 people (and other level ranges as well) to drag them somewhere more interesting than ely hecklers and NT-kiting teams.

The daily missions is a supplement for all level ranges and doesn't really count as actual persistent content for the level ranges that needs attention.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

This is why we can't have nice things.

Sheesh, every time we get a screenshot, you guys pick it apart and whine and complain because it's not tailor-made to your specific "vision.". I think it's awesome that we are getting previews of new content, no matter how big or small.

The 4th SS wasnt up before I saw them so I only saw it now, but if its what I think it's going to be that's pure awesome.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast