Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Content Brainstorm

ya.. on my doc I have only done BS for the ofab.. and then hung up my hat mainly from the stun. (and then being yelled at for not healing >.< )

BS/PvP is kicked to the curb until fixed
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Retired Doc Professional
    ya think maybe the new dot/debuff thing is a result of our brainstorming thread?

i'd like to think so.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Indeed. I've heard great complaints about the UBT proc attached, so I'm hoping that isn't nerfed for any reason. Doctor's with an offense, z0mg! Someone did in fact tell me that, "Doctor's shouldn't have any more offense," the other day -.^
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

If they're going to mess with anything about these nanos -let- it be the UBT procs. I like them but they're not something we were asking for (or at least not much) and are something we can already accomplish.

I'd love to keep as-is them but since some people :cough:Stillian:cough: are already saying publicly that they expect the nukes to be nerfed, let it be the part of the nuke that we can easiest do without.

Besides, if they were to lessen the -init on these maybe they would lower the nanocost. Its not completely insane atm but on my troxdoc I'd happily take a lower cost. 10K pool will go quickly at -45% cost with these jobbies.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

I don't expect it, I expect them to be high up the list IF there is a nerf. I'm not entirely sure that makes sense, but yeah.

I should really contribute to this thread more, I'll see about posting an essay tomorrow.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Anti-zerg nano: Take 2

Been thinking of this a lil' lately.... I have no idea whatsoever whether the engine can handle it or be made so it can, but here goes:

Idea is to give the doc a chance to survive being called as primary target and thereby hopefully be able to fullfill a doc's primary, NOT only, role: Healing (others than self that is )

This nano will distribute damage done to the doc to all team members...

Doctors's redemption
    Duration: 30 seconds
    Lockout: 3 minutes

Effect:
    - Doc is hit with "whatever" doing 13k damage
    - Reflects/absorbs/blockers/whatever are checked on doc
    - Doc is teamed with 6 people
    - Damage that would have hit the doc is distributed and divided to all members of the team: 10k/6 = 1667 damage/team member

Effect could be cut in half/whatever.... Just tossing out an idea I can't recall having seen before....

Damage on team members could maybe be handled by hostile nano effect or whatever... I'll let FC judge possible mechanics.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

OMG!!! Teh feedback is overwhelming here

After having to tank the S13 boss for a small moment (wipe out, and when we all got back in, I got agg from em ^^), we needz more hp
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    After having to tank the S13 boss for a small moment (wipe out, and when we all got back in, I got agg from em ^^), we needz more hp
    30k easy, not enough? :/

GTH resist
    More AR (on dots etc ofc, "everyone else" got lower resist on their main nanos, why shouldn't we?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    30k easy, not enough? :/

GTH resist
    More AR (on dots etc ofc, "everyone else" got lower resist on their main nanos, why shouldn't we?)
    Show setup

Stuck at 20.5k with iBehe ^^ Which is a bit low :/ (But yeah, still got to do all lvl 9 and 10 LE searches.)
    We usually call it WTF.
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    Show setup

Stuck at 20.5k with iBehe ^^ Which is a bit low :/ (But yeah, still got to do all lvl 9 and 10 LE searches.)
    Ok, so I exxagerated a bit.
    That's 30k with ibehe, cs and sil scone

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Ok, so I exxagerated a bit.
    That's 30k with ibehe, cs and sil scone
    sil scone... mmm need to check that, heard bout it, but forgot as fast as one can XD
    We usually call it WTF.

Possible setup...

Viable? Prolly not, but played with Auno during last down time

220 Solitus Base = 4732 (?)
    + Setup = 16.915 HP
    + Improved Life Channeler = 3025
    + Superior Omni-med = 920
    + Bodily Reinvigoration = 3000 (Temporary)
    + Silirrion Scone = 1000
    Sums up to = 29.592 HP selfed

+Improved Essence = 1998
    Sums up to = 31.590 HP with OSB's.

Think the most you can get on an atrox doc, is around 40k, that's with stuff like tamer guard and that beast 1hb tho

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Possible setup...

Viable? Prolly not, but played with Auno during last down time

220 Solitus Base = 4732 (?)
    + Setup = 16.915 HP
    + Improved Life Channeler = 3025
    + Superior Omni-med = 920
    + Bodily Reinvigoration = 3000 (Temporary)
    + Silirrion Scone = 1000
    Sums up to = 29.592 HP selfed

+Improved Essence = 1998
    Sums up to = 31.590 HP with OSB's.
    Empowered Robust Backpack gives 800 instead of 400hp,
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Empowered Robust Backpack gives 800 instead of 400hp,
    Yeah, but extremely expensive item turned nodrop = unlikely to ever enter in 99.9% of Doctors setups I suppose.

ps.
    And it's not yet in Auno's equipment lists either

Thumbs up Ruffhealer

Lifetime player to the RK1 Clan Medical team, 6 years

I read the first 9 pages but have now skipped to post, so sorry for constant repitition but i like some of the ideas put forward.

Really like the idea of a DoT having a % chance of a nuke at the end. the nuke could do DD from 500 - 12,000.
    If this DoT lasted for 15 sec and had a DD tick of 2.5k. Must be wearing pistols. this would upgrade current PvP DoT, it would work the same as AS every 15 sec before you can cast again becuase if you re-cast DoT the first nuke will not go off. the nuke could max out in PvP for maybe 5k but it can vary to only a tickel of 250 .

I like the idea of a andriod, pet etc.
    get the pet nano, like in Bio-Dome this will spawn a follow along pet (scaled to the size of you only as i like leet in Bs and do not want a bloody great pet giving me away ). the pet will add to HD, ND by like 3% and a self resistance to GTH by like 55% (Vaccine does 26% so 55% is not unrealistic)
    Then from a static instant you can get upgrade nanos to cast on the droid.
    only 1 upgrade can be used at a time (get a ncu block on the nano line for 7 min or something) these upgrades can be custom to the enviroment, (if doing apf 1 upgrade could be a team aura heal for 350 ever 7 secs, but the aura radious is not huge like 5m so that it is not ment for the tank but to heal team or raid. If the upgrade worked to the raid window so it healed all in raid if you have more docs then the better the combined aura would be)

Another upgrade could be a small reflect but you cannot be in a team to use
    and i am sure there could be many more ideas

Traders got new drains, Docs should get a new UBT for sure, if it was for PvP only and you could buy them for VP's they could do only a little bit more in debuffs. But adding a UBT remover nano that shortens the effects of UBT by 15%. (and a 4 sec recharge so it cannot be spammed) so making the agent using UBT a little less annoying, This nano can be cast by anyone. But the new Doc UBT does not get removed. This will allow agents to still use UBT to some effect but not abuse it

We already have a DoT called Bone Eater, This could be upgraded to Nanite BE, there the DD is still the same but has a % chance of a snare, =

I am sure i will update this post again

Ruff
    Last edited by Ruff; Dec 2nd, 2008 at 02:27:47.

>.< please enough with the PvP only stuff
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

- New improved team hp buff with +body dev and +healdelta instead of max hp and hot, yes the amount of hp will change with breed.

- Break on hit, damage-reducing nano. Like the breakable init debuffs, but more damage-reducing then init-reducing.

- More to do with the skill pharma tech, I like to think it's part of the profession.

- Extending blood plasma quality range.

- Parts for higher quality stims and treatment kits being easier to get hold of.

- Making a doc only special attack in form of pills/injections that requires pharma tech to make,
    and becomes nodrop. These special attacks can do various things;

* Damage.
    * Posion clouds (ala albtraum).
    * AoE damage plus inits debuff.
    * Strong init debuff.
    * DoT.
    * Lower max hp.
    * Lower heal delta.
    * Detaunt.
    * Epsilon Purge-thing
    * and other things you may come up with.

(The important thing for me with this, is that its a doc only tradeskill with pharma tech that ends in a nodrop item, so you can't leech it off someone else. This would benefit both pvp and pvm. )

- Add a doc only skill buff (pharmatech + bio met?).

- Pharma tech in brain symbiant.
    Last edited by Hatech; Jan 27th, 2009 at 05:47:48.

Id like to suggest a proc that when hit in combat executes a DoT of varying size depending on the level of the target, in the targets NCU.

Also It would be nice to see a small reduction in the "nerfing" of Nano C. init above 2K. as for some of us Docs it is very hard, but mainly impractical to go Full def as all our heals are no longer instacast. Even with nearly 3k Nano C. init. in my honest opinion This needs a bit of adjsutment. Not a total change as that would have all the other proffesions crying "nerf!" but enough to be noticeable.

Also, I would like to put forward the 'idea' of allowing the top-of-the-line doctor Dot nanos to be instacastable. instead of capped at the one second. This might mean that the recharge on them was increased to stop spamming like mini-nukes. ^.^

Here is the link to a page on the forums that shows jsut how much Nano C. init is required.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...34&postcount=2
    Last edited by Doctrony; Mar 20th, 2009 at 02:54:05. Reason: Found A link to back up my claim.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast