Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engie Pet Attack Ratings

Engie Pet Attack Ratings

I've always wanted to know the Attack Rating(AR) of my pets so I did a little research and here's what I found out. Its kind of an indepth subject (as I found out) so I've broken this up into three sections:

1) Main Pet ARs
    2) How I came up with these numbers
    3) The new slayers

Main Pet ARs

These are some random main pet(I haven't had a chance to collect data for them all yet but I'm working on it )

ql 25 Flawed Android: 98
    ql 46 Feeble Gladiatorbot: 194
    ql 79 Feeble Guardbot: 352
    ql 97 Guardbot: 432
    ql 112 Feeble Warbot: 487
    ql 160 Common Warmachine: 600
    ql 178 Semi-Sentient Warmachine: 566
    ql 184 Decomissioned Wardroid: 604
    ql 187 Reactivated Wardroid: 607
    ql 200 Slayer Guardian: 623

Slayers (These use a "SL Low" Weapon at the pet's QL)
    201: 1553
    205: 1750
    209: 1952
    213: 2328
    217: 2576
    220: 2468 (in the 15.8 patch this will be corrected to 3068)

Mechdogs (These use a "SL Very Low" Weapon at the pet's QL)

100: 890
    180: 1273
    203: 1729
    207: 1930
    211: 2300
    215: 2353
    219: 3119

How I came up with these numbers

This part contains a lot of math so if that sort of thing hurts your brain you might want to skip this section

Its been known for a while that every 400 points in AR(ie AR/400)adds 100% to your current weapons damage. This translates into

MyDamage = WeaponDamage(1+(AR/400))

With some quick algebra we can turn that formula into this one

AR = ((MyDamage/WeaponDamage)-1) * 400

With me so far? Good

Now we need to figure out Weapon Damage. Its easy. Our 1-200 pets use a Engineer Pet Right Fist and Engineer Pet Left Fist that are the same QL as the pet itself.

Next we need MyDamage. We need a good constant number for this.

Luckily for us whenever you critically hit something you do full damage so this gives us a good constant number to work with. I had each of my pets critically hit a leet for this experiment.

This system of critting a leet and then looking up the pet's damage in aodb worked well until I tried the new SL pets which is what the next section is about.

EDIT: I'd like to thank Haxukthx for providing numbers for the 215+ pets.
    Last edited by muha; May 6th, 2006 at 19:29:25.
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

The New Slayers

From 201 onward our pets seem to have a different weapon equipped.

At first I thought it may be one of these engi NPC weapons but no matter what AR I put into the formula it doesnt match the profile for damage(ie its different than the damage I saw in the game)

I'm at a loss right now for the new pets ARs but I will post some of my findings from testing the 201 Slayer Annihilator just in case someone else can find something I missed

unbuffed and untrimmed min/max: 674-2652
    buffed and trimmed min/max: 1057-3756

For buffs I used Omni-Pol Pacification Logic,Intrusive Aura of the Humble Servant, Shield of the Obedient Servant,Entropy Weapon,Sympathetic Entropy Infusion, and a 200 Energy to Offense trimmer. This adds +806 to AR and +105 to damage.

Not counting the 105 damage bonus the difference between buffed and unbuffed damage from 806 AR is

+278 to minimum
    +999 to maximum

Since we know that 806 AR is the same as a +2.015 damage multiplier we can assume that this weapon's base damage is 137-495. However if you try adding AR numbers to this to match the damage we see ingame you'll see that it doesn't add up correctly

If anyone can find an explanation I'd really appreciate it. I'm stumped right now.

Thanks in advance everyone. I hope that someone finds some useful info from all this.

UPDATE: If you read further down the mystery of the 201+ pet weapon has been solved but I'm leaving this here anyway. Thanks for the help everyone
    Last edited by Lyricia; Jun 19th, 2004 at 20:01:43.
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering

This appears to be the SL pet weapon: Engi bot weapon (SL)

Big thanks to Metaing for helping me find it, we worked this out a few days ago on Test, I've just been slow to post it, sorry. You'll find if you use this weapon at the ql of the bot in question you can get your correct damage numbers, although it does seem to be a touch slow. I think they attack a little more often than this, but it produces the correct damage stats. MP pets use the same weapon, except the Verylow version.

Given this, you'll find that the 201 has an AR of 1554 unbuffed.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

I also first thought it would be those engi-npc weapons, but found that I couldn't really get the correct damage numbers to come up until I used the ql400 version of it, then added a %AR bonus for each new bot, meaning it was ridiculously overly complicated and the wrong weapon.

Hope this helps Lyricia
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Wow, that's a LOT for the 201...

What would the AR for the 220 be? must be high on the 2500ish, wouldn't be surprised at 3000ish
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

I did some leet-pwning and came up with approx 1768 AR for the 205 and 1952 for the 209. This looks like the slayers have 190 extra AR for each 4 qls - so a guesstimate would be 2500ish base and 3300ish fully buffed.
    Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.

Originally posted by Engy/Prot/Balt
    Wow, that's a LOT for the 201...

What would the AR for the 220 be? must be high on the 2500ish, wouldn't be surprised at 3000ish
    Yeah, seems high at first, but think of it this way, do you ever see an SL miss? I'm pretty certain they hit just about always. Hence supporting a very high AR.
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Thanks for the info, Rusty and Metaing. I never would have thought to look in the 14.9 part of the db for a pet we got in 15.0

With that info I came up with the following:

Slayers (These use a "SL Low" Weapon at the pet's QL)
    201: 1553
    205: 1750
    209: 1952
    213: 2328

Mechdogs (These use a "SL Very Low" Weapon at the pet's QL)

100: 890
    180: 1273
    203: 1729
    207: 1930
    211: 2300

I'll need a Trader and MP to find out the rest

Updated the first post as well
    Advisor of First Light

Yeah, the whole 14.9 part of DB is why I never found it myself in over 70 hours of scouring the DB. Metaing clued me into that.
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Someone get some solid numbers for the 220
    Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.

very nice info root this plz

Originally posted by Rusty
    Aha, as clever as I am, I have found the mainproblem.

If a developer see this I have to point out that this weapon has a unqiue tag, this should clearly be removed. Next I see that it only has a RightHand slot, this should also contain a LeftHand. There, dualhit solved!

-Krabbus
    Krabbus - Engineer in game and outside. Both working their ass off for almost 4 years...

This account was cancelled at:
    2004-09-18 01:57:53
    It will remain playable until : 2004-??-?? ??:??:??
    Reason: this game is turning more and more into a work... call it my second work if you'd like.

Originally posted by Rusty

MP pets use the same weapon, except the Verylow version.

Don't MP demons double hit? This weapon is right hand only...

Pre SL demons only hit with one weapon. It caused an uproar in the MP community because(like our pets) the "floating meatball" attack pet(with two weapons) ODed the Demons.

The newer demons(from what I've heard) use the same damage template that our mechdogs do. I bet their AR is much higher though because they can OD our mechdog(and slayers in some cases).

If our pets received a second weapon they should do 30% more damage(that's the bonus for dual wielding). That would probably fix the 200 to 201 damage gap very nicely

Now I wouldn't mind seeing this done but I bet the "Engies are too uber(but I won't play one or recruit one into my team)" crowd would go insane and scream for a nerf. But that's my opinion
    Advisor of First Light

I did some testing with mp while ago and mp SL demons hit clearly faster than 201+ bots. They seem to have same attack speed as pre-sl slayers...

Makes ya wonder if they switched the weapons by mistake, doesn't it?
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Excelente research

I noticed you didnt put the double arms hit and i know i saw it in database somewhere so researching a bit I found :

sl_stalkingslayer_2arms_400 400 15.0
    sl_stalkingslayer_bite_400 400 15.0
    SlayerdroidLaser_400 400 11.0
    SlayerdroidOnearm1_400 400 11.0
    SlayerdroidOnearm2_400 400 11.0
    SlayerdroidTwoarms1_400 400 11.0
    SlayerdroidTwoarms2_400

this seem like diferent from the ones you have..

and much lower minimum damage..

maybe npc slayer weapons?
    and where is our slayer 2 arms energy hit? this are all melee..

thats whan I checked and the leftarm you got above is the only npc weapon that has energy so I assume thats the energy hit.
    Last edited by Lusitano; Jun 21st, 2004 at 07:14:41.
    Lusitano: Rimor Engineer

Originally posted by Maimgara
    Someone get some solid numbers for the 220
    Think i might be able to provide this info... based on leet pwning

220 Widowmaker: crits for 4959 (only with omni poll runnin)
    219 doggie: crits for 4819 (omni poll runnin)

I leave u with the maths...

Good luck
    Just uber?? :P

Never grow up!

Proud user of Big Guns that Go BOOOOM!!!!!

First Engie 220 Supreme CreatorZ on Rimor

Originally posted by Nightmecha
    220 Widowmaker: crits for 4959 (only with omni poll runnin)
    219 doggie: crits for 4819 (omni poll runnin)
    Seems like they got these ARs unbuffed then:

220 Slayer: 2494 AR
    219 Dog: 3040 AR

Seems strange? hmm... (Omni-pool buffs AR by 446)
    Krabbus - Engineer in game and outside. Both working their ass off for almost 4 years...

Reason: this game is turning more and more into a work... call it my second work if you'd like.

Have u seen that the slayer has to have over 2500 melee init to get close to 1/1 in speed?

Not sure how Agg/Def works there though...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast