Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - Jan. 14th, 2011: Moving Jitters...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I know. I have "teh internetz" too

I do however not want to use those. I was just asking if there's a version I can see that isn't made in a horrible spreadsheet. I get a headache trying to read that horrible tiny, badly colored format. If there is no other version then I'll skip it
    That's the version you get. It doesn't matter if it's a spreadsheet or a pdf, that's the way it looks.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    That's the version you get. It doesn't matter if it's a spreadsheet or a pdf, that's the way it looks.
    I knoooooooooooooow.

I'm asking if FC or someone else can't post these things without using spreadsheets.

I'm sure they would get more and better feedback if they simply posted the nanos and their reqs, and modifiers normally instead of spreading it all out over way-to-wide and hard to read spreadsheets.

UBT:
    Req: xxx xxx
    Effect: xxx
    Duration: xxx
    resist: xxx%

Why write it like this:

UBT

Req: ........................... .................................................. .................... ...................... xxx

.. .

Effect: ............... ...

xxx

Now, again, if there is no other version atm or coming later then that's bad for me. I'm just asking if there is.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

no trader documents? i read the explanation, but still... Sad Face.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

What concern is that of yours?
    Yoda ? is that you ?

=> Kintaii said he couldnt publish the trader doc because it couldnt upload it.
    => you said to people finding that this was looking much alike "my dog ate my homework" that it was successfully uploaded elsewhere...
    => I ask where

It concerns me because I d like to read it ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Yoda ? is that you ?

=> Kintaii said he couldnt publish the trader doc because it couldnt upload it.
    => you said to people finding that this was looking much alike "my dog ate my homework" that it was successfully uploaded elsewhere...
    => I ask where

It concerns me because I d like to read it ...
    no worries, masta likes to come on the forums to project his ego (compensate)...

I for one would like to see the trader docs, so it seems logical to ask where they are if someone says they were uploaded somewhere... duh.

There was issue's with uploading the trader doc. because those issue's the profs only got to see the trader changes today.
    The reason it isn't posted here, is because the profs didnt had any chance to give feedback yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    We had some issues with the forums not handling the Trader file so we will be postponing the release of the Trader document until the Professionals have had an opportunity to give their feedback first.
    Last edited by TheDdevil; Jan 14th, 2011 at 19:06:47.
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

not to tromple on docs, but yeah trader was the more anticipated documentation, at least in my circle. i doubt theres much you could do to make us worse in pvm, and more hated in pvp.

doctors on other hand had everything to lose, and i know a few ingame that were anxious about new changes (not as bad as NTs are currently). and yep,they sure did get hit hard in a few spots. just glad CH now has 20sec lockout timer, and LE healing has been much improved.

if professionals have the trader docs, i expect they will discuss it soon on forums... at least we can hope they will
    Last edited by SoulTarder; Jan 14th, 2011 at 19:08:18.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDdevil View Post
    There was issue's with uploading the trader doc. because those issue's the profs only got to see the trader changes today.
    The reason it isn't posted here, is because the profs didnt had any chance to give feedback yet.
    Agreed, in fact the reason isn't even relevant. FC should let the gossipers make their own ... we know they will anyways, with the most negative spin on it as possible as well.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

What concern is that of yours?
    You might as well give it up blasta, the paying customers wish to see the documents that were created...that is concern enough. Given that FC has a very long history of BS'ing the customer, they have a right to question it.

It does sound hilarious that uploading a .xls file to a server could cause so many problems with a company that provides a networked service as its sole means of income. Sometimes sh** does happen though, even as simple as it is.

WTB pics of the new water!!

Why not be less of a dick? There's a size issue for some reason, and it was uploaded just fine to a different source.
    Goth <3
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

I think the reason the Trader doc wouldn't upload is simply because the forums have unnaturally high nano resist, much like every monster in the Shadowlands. And we know how well Trader nanos do against Shadowlands mobs with high nano resist!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Overall, the Doc doc sucks.

We lose TLC, back to just single target HP buffs oh joy; also lost TDB so back to single target HoTs. Then we lose the +HP on our SL heals? Combined with a 2k drop of it's sheer healing power.. that's a 6k heal nerf right there while increasing NaCost...

Ya, I know. You want us to be more aware of our nanopools and you want us to run out of nano. What I don't get is what moron there thought we never run out? Or that the way to do it was to not only increase NaCost (not to mention the probably changes to ND mechanics and our Max Nano capacity) but to decrease our heal capability so that we have to spam heals more at greater cost with less overhead.

You wanted depleted pools you got it, although it was possible before hand as well if you'd just faced off against a decent PvPer. Many duels on my doc leave me at nearly drained. Perhaps either you need to find a duel partner that knows what they're doing, or a Doc that actually attempts to use their toolset rather then sit there and just spam BI all the time like they're tanking ely hecks. You'll find that keeping DoTs running and all that tends to drain nano a lot.

Moving on, nice "show" with the DoTs. You increased their base damage but also increased their delay meaning the "nice big boost" you can show off of 400 damage per tick only adds up to 120 damage over the entire nanos duration. For that I call bull.

Improved Alpha and Omega? Okay that'll probably see some use but come on, you think that and a few extra heals thrown in between LE and the SL heals makes it all better? Oh well there's that (nice) new nuke that we lose Malp for that does decent damage but wtf FC. We're DOCTORS not NTs. You nerf our healing but up our damage... wtf?

And is Insurance Policy meant to make up for all the lost nano we're having? A cherry on top of a pile of still makes it a pile of.

(Maybe there's stuff I missed, I know this is also preliminary; but then so is my feedback. From what I saw in the time I have to stare at the horribly coloured document before my brain started to fry (maybe that's your plan "zomg make em look bad so they can't see the stupid we put in there before their brain fries") these are my thoughts. I will amend them if I see information and reason to)
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 15th, 2011 at 12:17:02. Reason: removed obscenities
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Everyone is supposed to die more.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    And is Insurance Policy meant to make up for all the lost nano we're having? A cherry on top of a pile of still makes it a pile of.
    Given the five-minute lockout, it's more like a flavored cherry on top of a pile of, tbh.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 15th, 2011 at 12:18:30. Reason: mind your language

Random question... On Facebook, why does the posting for this thread use Vallikat's Avatar as the picture?

Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

So what parts of this big move does Funcom cover? How much 'stuff' is each person allowed to fly across the pond whose cost is covered by the company? Are they covering for initial deposits at new housing? Etc...
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco View Post
    Random question... On Facebook, why does the posting for this thread use Vallikat's Avatar as the picture?

Cause Valikat is Kintaii
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    Cause Valikat is Kintaii
    my greatest secret revealed!!!!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Uhoh
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast